November 22, 2014 | 941 users online

Liquid - NARS - Sheer Glow Foundation

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/1/2010 9:10:00 PM More reviews by pinkolive2010

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

This foundation is great if you like a sheer coverage, I use this with a setting powder and it is great for the summer months, and the light coverage doesn't feel too heavy on my skin and I love the finish.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/30/2010 12:53:00 PM More reviews by xleighx

I have only been using this foundation for a week, but already i really like it. It looks really natural but still gives medium buildable coverage. I received this in a swap and i'm so glad i swapped for it. I am a mac nc25 and i got the colour fiji, which is a ok match, but abit too yellow. So if anyone can reccommend another colour that would be gd :)

rated 5 of 5 on 7/28/2010 2:29:00 PM More reviews by NIENEL

I got NARS sheer glow from my sister for my birthday. I've been wanting it for so long but didn't want to put in the money for a foundation. This foundation is my new holy grail foundation! I can't believe how amazing this foundation is. My skin looks flawless. It makes my skin look like I'm not wearing too much make-up. Though it looks light, I have full coverage. This foundation is meant for people with normal to dry skin. That's perfect because that is my skin type.

Before this foundation, I used MAC studio fix fluid in NC30. I don't think think I'll use it anytime soon because I'm so in love with NARS sheer glow. In NARS, I'm a shade Stromboli. It's a perfect match.

People oftentimes compare NARS Sheer glow to MUFE HD Foundation but I don't see the similarity. MUFE HD foundation is too sheer and doesn't give enough coverage. NARS sheer glow makes your skin look beautiful. You get a nice glow and your skin looks perfect. NARS sheer glow is buildable for a fuller coverage but you don't need too much to achieve the look.

It is easy to blend. To apply this, I use my MAC 187 duo fiber brush.

The only downside of this foundation is the fact that it doesn't have a pump. It's no big deal but it definitely makes a difference. A pump makes things less messy. NARS offers a pump on their website for $6. I don't have the pump, but I might just order it.

Since I love this foundation so much, I want to try more NARS products. NARS NARS NARS. Love.

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 7/27/2010 10:01:00 PM More reviews by tiffany87

I love absolutely everything about this product except the packaging. The formula is thin and light but gives great coverage. My skin feels soft and has a dewy glow to it after application. The only bad aspect about this, is that there is no pump for the bottle. You would be literally pouring the liquid foundation out. A pump for NARS foundations is available for $6 on their website, that is on top of the $50CAD I paid for the foundation itself.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/26/2010 3:57:00 AM More reviews by mxhx

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Ok so first I have to say that I'm not the best for reviewing foundations because I haven't really tried too many.
The thing I do love about this fndn is that it looks great when i first apply it and it's quite easy to apply. I think it does a good job in evening out my skin tone and it just looks good.
But, I don't think it's too long lasting because it doesn't really control my oil too well. I don't know if it's b/c it's the summer but I don't even really have too oily of skin! I have to use mattifying powder after like 3 hours...
Also, another big important factor for fndt for me is that it has to look good in photos. It leaves a white cast on me so I'm not happy with that so I don't think I'll repurchase. I'll probably update on how this lasts on me during the winter.
The Nars SA also matched me up with a shade that's too light for me. I got punjab and it doesn't look horribly light on me in person but I can kind of notice that it's not a perfect match.
I'm actually going to try out Shu's face architect b/c i hear it's great for photos and it has a good review overall so I'll do a comparison on that.
So like I said, my 2 biggest issues is that it makes me feel oily after only a few hours and it leaves a white cast on my face in photos which i can't stand!

UPDATE AFTER SEVERAL MONTHS
i have to say that I def won't be repurchasing Sheer glow b/c it simply doesn't last too long. I compared it to my shu uemeura face architect and while sheer glow has more of a coverage, it lasts half as long. After a few hours my face feels really oily and it's like melting off my face. and my face is combo but on the dry side! i use this only when i know i'll be out for a few hours b/c i don't want to waste it but i do like it's coverage and finish.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/25/2010 9:50:00 PM More reviews by xpeach_lollipopx

Pros:
-Makes my skin glow like nobody's business
-Last for a good 8 hours (unless i'm waitressing, and am sweating, than it lasts about 5 hours)
-great coverage
-great color match
-it's lasted forver. i got it last january and there is still a lot left!
-didn't break me out (i still have my usual acne, but it didn't break me out worse)

Cons:
-my skin is oily and it doesn't really help control it, but it also doesn't make it more oily
-expensive (for my budget, anyways)
-i wish it were in a pump bottle (but it's no biggie)

it recommends applying with your hands (i usually only do this when i'm in a rush), but i apply it with my MAC stippling brush. it looks best with the stippling brush, but using your hands looks just as good. i would recommend putting a light powder over it if your have oily skin like me.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/25/2010 9:33:00 AM More reviews by clandis

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

When I first bought this, I thought it was OK but didn't like the packaging. I went on the NARS website and bought the pump, and I'm using less. One pump is enough, no waste, and I find I use less and get enough coverage.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/25/2010 1:18:00 AM More reviews by magda1991

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other Eyes: Blue

I bought this product about 6 months ago and so far I'm pretty impressed. I still have about half the bottle left which is pretty good since I use it everyday.
Many people recommend applying it with fingers since your skin warms the product up but I prefer to use make up brushes. I use a MAC 187 to apply, it can look a little streaky but when you use a fluffy brush to put your powder on, on top it looks perfect.
I find that the product reaches it's maximum potential when used with NARS primer and the NARS loose powder; however, I've used it with MAC powders and Urban Decay primers and it looks great too.
It didn't break me out at all, infact it improved my skin! Sometimes I even sleep in it when my skin is breaking out because I find the foundations helps my skin heal.

The only reason I give it 4/5 is because sometimes it can excentuate dry paches and I will forever be looking for a HG foundation.

For reference I'm the colour Punjab and I have combination skin prone to break outs.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/24/2010 10:31:00 PM More reviews by gatuzm

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

FINALLY! I got my hands on this when I saw it up for auction on Ebay for a relatively cheaper price. **Now, I know others may have a problem with ebay, but I find it perfectly fine as long as you make sure that the seller has good ratings and feedbacks. And plus, most likely you will find awesome deals/prices for these high end makeups.

Some background on my skin type. I am pretty oily, mostly on the t-zones, and just normal everywhere else. So as you may think, I was def. worried that this would make me look like a grease ball. Im also a MAC NC 35-40. I got this in the shade Stromoli, only because it has a yellow undertone to it, and I was afraid that Barcelona would come out too dark or even peachy on me. Id rather get a foundation that is lighter, and just be able to fix it up with some bronzer. That way, I can use it both in the summer and also winter.

I apply this foundation with my hands (sanitized), just so that I can warm up the foundation and allow it to blend in better with my skin. My initial reaction is, it honestly at first doesn't give me the 'glow', more of a satin-like finish, but after a couple of hours, instead of making me the grease ball look, the 'glow' that everyone talks about finally shows up, even with the 100 degrees weather outside, it managed to look nice and not greasy whatsoever. And with that, I definently find that this foundation gives me a natural look, as the Revlon Colorstay look cakey.

A little goes a long way, its definently buildable. I keep it pretty sheer, because I don't like the overly done face. Just as long as my skintone is evened out, Im okay with it.

I would def. repurchase it. Whether on Ebay or Nars, I wouldn't mind, because I def. think that this foundation is worth the money. The best part about it is that it doesn't have SPF, so when it comes to photographs, it doesn't give my face that pale mask-like look.

OH! And so far, no breakouts whatsoever. I've been using it for a couple days in a row, and so far, Im loving it!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/24/2010 10:02:00 PM More reviews by VanillaSnow4

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

Omg this product totally lived up to its hype! I'm NC30/35 and purchased the colour Punjab online; great match.

I normally use MAC Studio Fix Powder and was a little bit weary of trying this out because I do tend to get an oily t-zone; but this foundation is a-mazing!! It gives even coverage, very light and easy to work with, you will end up with such a nice, healthy glow - and if I do feel my face is looking too shiny I just dust on some of MAC's Mineralize Skinfinish Powder (Medium) and it works perfectly.