NARS Sheer Glow Foundation

3.7

Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Butylene Glycol, Glycerin, Polymethylsilsesquioxane, Dimethicone, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Triethylhexanoin, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Bis-butyldimethicone Polyglyceryl-3, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Sodium Glutamate, Sorbitan Sesquiisostearate, 1-Methyl-Hydantoin-2-imide, Phenoxyethanol, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Polysilicone-2, Serralysin, Curcuma Longa (Turmeric) Root Extract, Glucosyl Hesperidin, Ascorbyl Glucoside, Tocopherol, [may contain: titanium dioxide, iron oxides, iron oxides]

on 9/29/2010 11:27:00 PM

I have FINALLY found my HD foundation. I have only been using this foundation for a few days, but I can already see a clear improvement in my complexion and general makeup application. Although the description says this foundation is for dry to normal skin, I have combination type skin with a very oily T-zone, and it has worked flawlessly. I am only having to use powder in the morning to initially set my makeup, and then once more mid-afternoon to touch up. Do not let the name 'sheer glow' fool you-individuals with combo or oily skin can wear this, and I am a walking testimony to that! It gives much more of a matte finish, and throughout the day, your skin does develop a slight 'glow' instead of oiliness. I would say the coverage is medium to full, but you can definitely make it a more sheer coverage depending on what tools you use, your personal makeup routine and how much foundation you choose to use. I do wish for the amount of money this foundation is ($42.00 at Sephora) it came with the pump instead of having to order it off the Nars website for an additional $6 (and shipping is $4.95!). That does seem a little steep to me. If you're looking for an alternative to the pump, I use a Q-tip to dip into the bottle and then spread around on my face before using my flat foundation brush to even out the coverage. It seems to be just as effective, and I know I'm not wasting more product than I should. I HIGHLY recommend this product to anybody looking for a long, wearing and great coverage foundation. Nars Sheer Glow Foundation will not disappoint!

on 9/29/2010 3:39:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure

This is a really nice foundation that gives you a healthy non shimmery glow (think Jennifer Aniston's glow).
I have oily/combo skin. The finish is velvet, not dewy/sticky, not mat. It can look masky once applied but then it just "sets" the following minutes, letting your natural complexion shine through. You don't need too much also, a little goes along the away.
I set it with MAC Finishing translucent powder and the Mist Spray: BAM: I get Red Carpet's natural glow.
It's totally worth the price to me. It feels good when you touch your skin. It's not longwear though but you still look somewhat made-up at the end of the day.

My color: Nars Sheer Glow in Macao (almost perfect, a tad ashy). Can be solved with MAC MSF ( I use the one in Dark)

More info that could help:
I wear/have tried/worn:
MAC Studio Tech NC50 (tad muddy greyish on me)+MAC Studio Fix 43 (tad reddish/ashy on me),
MAC Pro Longwear NC50 and NC45 (too pinkish, muddy),
Estee Lauder Double Wear Liquid Foundation in Rich Ginger and Truffle mixed together (tad ashy),
MUFE in 175 (HD) too ashy,
MUFE Face and Body Liquid Foundation in 44 and 18 mixed together (ashy),
Smashbox in Dark 1 (just ok),
MAC skinfinish mineralzed in Dark,
Revlon Colorstay for Combo Oily Skin in 2/3 Caramel and 1/3 Cappucino (just ok but best texture of all foundations),
I also tried Clinique, Chanel and Iman but I can't remember my colors but it was just ok.
Black Opal in Nutmeg (nice color match but mad transfer).
Cover Girl Queen Collection Foundation compact in 515 Almond Glow and Liquid in 715 Almond Glow: this is my perfect exact incredible match.has the right dose/amount of yellow.

on 9/29/2010 12:40:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

This is a beautiful foundation, but not long wearing. It lasts on me (combo/dry) for about 7 hours and then it starts looking patchy on my chin. The nice thing about this foundation is that you can reapply it without it looking weird, but I do not like having to reapply it. So, if you're someone who doesn't mind that, you might love this foundation. It really is beautiful.

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

my poor, poor skin! at first use, it seemed to be perfect, flawless, covered up every little tiny imperfections i may have, but slowly after a week i notice i started getting BIG, PAINFUL, CYSTIC ACNE all over my face! i still have one left right now smack dab in the middle of my eyebrows, horrifying, now mind you, i don't usually get any noticeable blemishes or pimples, it's mostly a whitehead here and there that i can pop and goes away over night, and that's ONLY on my forehead, after using NARS i got BIG pimples everywhere, even on my cheeks where i don't think i've EVER gotten any blemish.

sad to say i will not be repurchasing this again, gonna stick to my ole clinique.

I adore this foundation. I would consider this a higher coverage. It covers all imperfections including undereye circles...I do not need any concealer anywhere when I use this foundation. It has a satin finish, not too dewy to where you look greasy, but definitely not matte or parched looking. The only con is that it never seems to set, even when you powder. The cost is not ideal but I feel the quality of this product is indeed worth its price and I will always continue to repurchase for the days when my skin is far less than perfect. The amount of pros outweigh the one con for me.

A comparable dupe for this product is Clinique Even Better Foundation, it is half the cost. The only thing that differs dramatically is that it is moderate coverage whereas Sheer Glow is a higher coverage.

on 9/27/2010 9:58:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

OMGDOUBLEHKP!!! (lol, you'll get it if you watch juicystar07 on YouTube)
BUT HONESTLY! This foundation is expensive AND doesn't have a pump :(. The packaging is terrible and SO inconvenient, I can never seem to close mine properly. I love this foundation. I have oily skin and it laves a nice glow to my skin. It looks and feels natural. I do use a primer for this though. To apply it I pour it on the back of my hand and use my MAC 188 stippling brush and do it in sections. IT GIVES ME SUCH A FLAWLESS FINISH! :)

on 9/26/2010 8:35:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

after a long time of deliberating whether or not to get this foundation due to the £30 price tag, i gave in fortunetly :)
I bought mine online in the colour Syacuse, (im nc42-ish) and it ended up to be a good match, but i think i might have to get a lighter colour in Winter. It took time to get used to this foundation but when u do, you will realise what an awesome foundation it actually is. It feels light and i sometimes forget im wearing it Its looks... FLAWLESS! Well as flawless as can be on my skin, consdering the fact I have lots of acne scars :/
I use the mac brush 109 to buff this foundation on for a seamless effect slight under my jawline. The unique thing about this foundation is that it looks soft, soft enough to touch. And it stays on pretty well too, but i'd still recommend using a primer.
Ahh but its not all good... the packaging sucks! I was using this for my senior photograph and due to fact it hasn't got a pump, i somehow managed to get this on my white shirt! and even on my tie!! And I had to wear that for my group photo!!! I was well annoyed >:(
On the Nars website the pump costs £5, so it would cost around £35 for this foundation which is mad in my opinion! But I'm not gonna lie, is pretty awesome and i would definetly re-purchause such a luxurious foundation like this one.
Ah my poor mac studio tech's have been left in my makeup stash feeling lonley :( hehe x

on 9/26/2010 12:39:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

I have been wearing this foundation for about 5 months, and it is a remarkable foundation. I have fair, oily t-zone skin, and I am always looking for a foundation that not only matches my skintone but also does not make me greasy. This does both- the coverage is excellent, medium-buildable, and this does impart a nice glow to the skin, not leaving it too dull and matte. Mont Blanc is the PERFECT shade for my skin, I don't think I have ever had a better color match. I apply this by pouring some out onto the top of my hand and apply with a skunk brush (great finish this way). I use primer underneath and set with powder, and I do touch up with powder two or so times a day, but its worth it. I think I might try a different primer to help control oil better, but overall, and excellent foundation. Although it is expensive I will continue to buy this great product!

on 9/25/2010 2:49:00 AM

I think this product is.. eh... so so. It doesn't do that much for me. I admit that it is very lightweight and sheer, which I love. But perhaps my expectations were a little bit too high after reading all the raving reviews for this foundation. I didn't find it to give my skin any sort of "glow". I didn't find it to be that moisturizing. It doesn't seem to blend in that well either on my face, and I've tried using both my fingers as well as a foundation brush to blend. I actually tried using 2 different types of foundation brushes! I just could never really get an even coverage; it seems to streak. For now, I will be sticking with my Fresh foundation.

on 9/23/2010 9:49:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm

This foundation is no big deal to me...its just average. its way to expensive to be average. it doesnt reall give me a glow like it promises. it doesnt blend well and the finish can become splotchy. i dont love it, it just doesnt work for my skin for some reason. other nars products are awesome, but this didnt do much for me! :( o well...

Video Reviews & Tutorials