October 23, 2014 | 1639 users online

Liquid - NARS - Sheer Glow Foundation

rated 5 of 5 on 7/22/2010 1:18:00 PM More reviews by stylist1285

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Iv only owned this foundation for 3 days now so I probably shouldn't be reviewing this already, but I just couldn't help myself. I Love this foundation! I was in search for a summer foundation that was lighter in feel but medium coverage, and tried many that disappointed me. In former summers I had used the prescriptives flawless foundation. Seeing as how they are no longer selling prescriptives I set on my search for something new. In the winter I could get away with Revlon Colorstay but for summer I wanted a lighter feel. I tried MANY drugstore foundation but most broke me out like something terrible. Including the Neutrogena healthy skin makeup that everyone compared to Nars sheer glow.
Well I am hear to tell you the Nars sheer glow is MUCH better. I can see the comparison, but honestly the price difference is because the quality of Nars verses Neutrogena is huge. With the Nars you can get a much better coverage. I love that! Its also smooth and gives your skin a light glow without making your skin look oily. The staying power for me is pretty good. It last through a work day, whereas the Neutrogena was off in a couple hours. The best part I havn't noticed a breakout yet! So far so good! With the Neutrogena I think I broke out the same day I put it on! haha. I hope this product continues to amaze me!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/21/2010 4:12:00 PM More reviews by nae2thanae06

I actually really like this foundation. I thought that my MAC studio fix fluid foundation was the best of the best. However, after trying this foundation I have been proven wrong. The coverage of this makeup is pretty good, giving a medium to full coverage level, depending on how much is applied and also never looks cakey. This makeup also gives you a semi matte/ somewhat dewy face, which I personally really enjoy. I do wish the lasting power was a little bit better. This does last for quite some time but not exactly all day. The color selection is pretty awesome as well. I wear the color Cadiz and its a perfect match! (As for reference I am a NC45 in the studio fix fluid). Overall a pretty greaaaat foundation!!! :)

rated 5 of 5 on 7/20/2010 4:45:00 PM More reviews by Preeti88

love love love this foundation. I bought it a few months ago and whenever I wear it I got alot of compliments that my skin looks dewy and fresh. After trying a whole host of foundations to suit my oily skin this one has been the best. Although not intended for oiler skins mine seems to be fine with this I do get some shiny spots on very hot days but thats the case with any foundation for me. If you are looking for a dewy, natural and fresh faced look this foundation is the one. I usually layer this one as I do have some pigmentation left over from acne, my only wish is that Nars make a pump for this one as it can be super messy to use but you kind of work a way around it the more you use it.
They do finally make a pump for it! Its under tools on the website!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/19/2010 6:42:00 PM More reviews by tash8020

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

So far it´s the best foundation I´ve tried. It makes my skin feel very moisturized and soft throughout the day. The variety of shades is amazing but the packaging is a little bit disappointing for such a high price.(the lid doesn´t close up very well, no pump...) The product itself is worth the money, because it´s the most natural looking foundation I´ve ever tried and the coverage is great without feeling heavy.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/18/2010 1:30:00 PM More reviews by MiniHorsey

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

The feel and finish of this foundation was great and the shade choices are awesome. Didn't feel heavy and left a dewy look to my skin. The light coverage was perfect as well. I would have bought again was it not for the small bumps that it caused on my skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/17/2010 3:57:00 AM More reviews by ktbeta

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I straight up love this foundation. I don't throw the word around often, but this is HG material for me. I have combo skin that can be dry around the edges and this makes my skin look amazing as long as I moisturize first. It's been a godsend because it has no sunscreen included, which can cause breakouts for me. It is, however, packed with silicones, and those cause breakouts for others. My skin loves them.

This can be light-medium or medium-full coverage depending on your application. I find fingers are best, or use some kind of a buffing motion rather than a swiping motion.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 7/17/2010 2:52:00 AM More reviews by shilohcalista

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

The word glow in the name is laughable.I have to agree completely with the reviewer who said my exact thoughts on what this foundation does to my skin --"It feels dry, tight, parched and absolutely screaming for moisture." If you have dry skin look elsewhere- it will make it look and feel worse. The color range is geared towards very yellow undertones only. Back to the store it went after three days of looking like a dehydrated jaundice victim.

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/17/2010 2:52:00 AM More reviews by sephora0205

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

it took me a while to be convinced of buying this foundation because of its hefty price tag ($55 CDN). i have been a faithful BE/Everyday minerals girl for 3 - 4 years but notice they were caking on me. was looking for a foundation that will provide medium coverage but that will not turn orange and disappear because of my oily T-zone. Sheer Glow is does all this and more! it goes on perfectly with just a dab - coverage is fantastic - i don't really need to use concealer for everyday;it does provide glow to the face without making it look overly shiny. i do need to use oil blotting film about 5 hours after wearing the foundation, which is better than most foundation. has not caused any breakouts and i do think it has made my skin softer. just like with other reviews, a pump would be handy but not having one would not stop me from buying it again. i like using my finger to apply this as i can control the coverage better. for reference, i use mac studio fix fluid in NC 30 (which was too yellow for my skin tone) and am using Punjab. Barcelona is doable but a bit dark.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/15/2010 4:56:00 PM More reviews by fabulousjason

This is a very nice lightweight summer foundation. It gives me a nice glow, and the coverage is fine for most of my face (I use a concealer on spots and undereyes). The staying power isn't as great as it could be, and I would prefer a pump. It will also rub off on clothing, etc. which is why I will not wear it in the winter (it would get all over my scarves and white winter jacket). I like the fact that many of the colors have yellow undertones, which match my skin well.
Edit: I took a lippie off, and do not wear this anymore. It is a royal pain in the butt to have to touch up my foundation throughout the day (because this wears off so easily) and the glow can sometimes look like an oil slick.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/13/2010 1:35:00 AM More reviews by ayshacat905

I wanted to love this after hearing people rave about it, but I could not STAND this foundation! The color match was great, but what killed me was the coverage. I literally had to pack on concealer to cover up old acne marks. I get that no foundation will cover EVERYTHING, but it should help! Caking on concealer is just silly. :/ It made my skin look very wierd and patchy by the end of the day because it would fade off. It does give a nice glow to the face, but it can easily be duped by Revlon ColorStay foundation. That one has great coverage and gives a dewy glow at a much lower price :)