September 23, 2014 | 1991 users online

Liquid - NARS - Sheer Glow Foundation

rated 5 of 5 on 7/17/2010 2:52:00 AM More reviews by sephora0205

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

it took me a while to be convinced of buying this foundation because of its hefty price tag ($55 CDN). i have been a faithful BE/Everyday minerals girl for 3 - 4 years but notice they were caking on me. was looking for a foundation that will provide medium coverage but that will not turn orange and disappear because of my oily T-zone. Sheer Glow is does all this and more! it goes on perfectly with just a dab - coverage is fantastic - i don't really need to use concealer for everyday;it does provide glow to the face without making it look overly shiny. i do need to use oil blotting film about 5 hours after wearing the foundation, which is better than most foundation. has not caused any breakouts and i do think it has made my skin softer. just like with other reviews, a pump would be handy but not having one would not stop me from buying it again. i like using my finger to apply this as i can control the coverage better. for reference, i use mac studio fix fluid in NC 30 (which was too yellow for my skin tone) and am using Punjab. Barcelona is doable but a bit dark.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/15/2010 4:56:00 PM More reviews by fabulousjason

This is a very nice lightweight summer foundation. It gives me a nice glow, and the coverage is fine for most of my face (I use a concealer on spots and undereyes). The staying power isn't as great as it could be, and I would prefer a pump. It will also rub off on clothing, etc. which is why I will not wear it in the winter (it would get all over my scarves and white winter jacket). I like the fact that many of the colors have yellow undertones, which match my skin well.
Edit: I took a lippie off, and do not wear this anymore. It is a royal pain in the butt to have to touch up my foundation throughout the day (because this wears off so easily) and the glow can sometimes look like an oil slick.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/13/2010 1:35:00 AM More reviews by ayshacat905

I wanted to love this after hearing people rave about it, but I could not STAND this foundation! The color match was great, but what killed me was the coverage. I literally had to pack on concealer to cover up old acne marks. I get that no foundation will cover EVERYTHING, but it should help! Caking on concealer is just silly. :/ It made my skin look very wierd and patchy by the end of the day because it would fade off. It does give a nice glow to the face, but it can easily be duped by Revlon ColorStay foundation. That one has great coverage and gives a dewy glow at a much lower price :)

rated 4 of 5 on 7/11/2010 6:26:00 PM More reviews by lvmymakeup

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this foundation. I have oily skin and this works so well on my skin, I thought I woukd need the matte formulation but it doesnt work well, but surprisingly sheer glow does....its my number 2 favorite foundation...my hg foundation is Dior airflash..

rated 5 of 5 on 7/11/2010 12:16:00 PM More reviews by blushbye

I got Siberia and I LOVE it. It gives a nice light coverage without caking and has a nice glow, totally worth the very expensive price.

Hate the packaging glow, this should have a pump.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/10/2010 11:48:00 AM More reviews by gabz01

I got a sample because I wanted to try it first. Its bn a week of using it and I loooove how this foundation covers every flaw. I don't even have to use concealer...I've been using mfhd and it works pretty well but I think I like this better. Gives a flawless look when I use my estee lauder translucent powder on top :) def. Going to buuuuy

rated 4 of 5 on 7/9/2010 1:20:00 AM More reviews by makeupl0ve

Great coverage. A little goes a long way. (: Love the color selection, first foundation that actually matches my yellow undertone. Very happy.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/7/2010 8:05:00 PM More reviews by chilipepper12390

HG, could it be? This stuff is FABULOUS. Here's why: I like a dewy finish. I like to glow, not be powdery matte. I am NW/NC 10-15 and i have this in Deauville, its a tad bit too yellow on my skin, but right now I am just reviewing on formula. The name is misleading, its really more of a medium coverage satin foundation. When first applied its semi matte, and the longer you wear it the more it starts to glow. it is a watery consistency and I found it pretty easy to blend.

Heres the thing, this is marketed toward normal/dry skin that needs moisture. Dont be put off by this. I have oily/combo skin and it doesnt add to my oilyness. Now it doesnt keep me completely matte for hours, but it definitely doesn add to the oilyness. If you want extra oil control use a oil control primer or lotion.

RUN DOWN:
-great shade range
-satin finish
-pretty long wearing (8+hours with no primer on my oily/combo skin)
-easy to blend
-gives you a slight dewy ness
-light to medium coverage
-feels extremely light on skin, not heavy at all
-no fragrance
-hasnt broken me out (to be honest not many things break me out)
-doesnt add to oilyness

Cons.
-expensive 42USD
-no pump on the bottle

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/6/2010 12:18:00 PM More reviews by careypiper

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This line is Yellow based foundations, for reference I'm a NW/NC 25 or Light-Medium with Neutral/Beige Undertone.

Santa Fe is the closest match for me, but not 100% correct. It seems a little yellow to me, but I set with Coty Airspun which is a slight pink tone so the two seem to work well together to bring me back to Neutral.

After about a month of research and finally the third time swatching at Sephora, Santa Fe seemed the best. I swatched my current foundation ColorStay 240 Medium Beige on my arm in the car and walked into Sephora. I swatched two color below Santa Fe, Santa Fe & two colors darker. Santa Fe was the darkest that didn't oxidate orange so I pulled the $42 trigger. I should mention not one of the SG swatches matched my CS swatch.

When swatching for a color match leave them there and in about 5-10 minutes see the results, the foundation dries darker. The ones that turn orange, they can be ruled out and go with the one you like the best from the remaining.

One thing I found with NARS is that is does an awesome job of covering pink and slight red imprefections. Hyperpigmetation (freckles for me) and deep red blemishes it will not cover, like CS did. It does show off my year-round freckles beautifully.

At first I tried to apply this with my fingers, but have since returned to my damp sponge application. One day I did not set it as I would normally do (Coty Airspun Luminous Translucent) and I transferred onto my husbands shirt, so I would recommend setting it.

It's been super hot this summer and Sheer Glow has a shorter (4-6 hours) staying power then Color Stay, so I didn't toss my DS foundation and now understand why some have more then one foundation in their stash. For me the heat makes it oily and I look like I'm wearing foundation (like I'm wearing ColorStay so why fight it)

How does it do in photos? Beautifully, my "It's Me" picture (currently my profile pic) wearing NARS Sheer Glow - Santa Fe

UPDATE (01/01/2011) This broke me out and I switched to Revlon PhotoReady which was much better for the summer months. But I don't currently use that either.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/6/2010 11:09:00 AM More reviews by ibraille

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is a pretty foundation. It certainly does give a "glow". Not shiny or greasy, just glowy. GOOD coverage and descent staying power. Can touch up without getting cakey, too.

BUT....it breaks me out. Tried it a couple of times and each time had 4-5 new pimples by the end of the day. Not cool. Also, when it's warmer out it can tend to feel heavy by the end of the day.

UPDATE: Just tried Lancome Fresh Wear. If you had problems with this foundation causing breakouts or feeling to heavy, I suggest the Fresh Wear! Similar finish (even though it's supposed to be matte!) and great for sensitive skin!