April 17, 2014 | 1486 users online

Liquid - NARS - Sheer Glow Foundation

rated 4 of 5 on 5/19/2010 12:00:00 PM More reviews by DesertR0se

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

I heard a lot of hype about this product before purchasing it. Overall, I would say that this is a good foundation, and I would recommend everyone at least try it. It isn't cakey and it applies smoothly. To get it to work, you don't have to really work with it. It's very runny, which I actually don't mind because it's such a light foundation and despite its lightness, it *will* give medium to full coverage. I've heard people say because of this that the name is deceiving, but in "Sheer Glow" I'm pretty sure the "sheer" refers to the "glow" and not to the coverage of the foundation. And it definitely does give a sheer glow. It's not as luminous as I'd like, but that's because it wasn't really formulated for dry skin (though dry skinned people can definitely be happy with it.) It's a great foundation, but I don't think it's worth the price unless it works even better on you. I personally may repurchase again, but not for a while.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/18/2010 11:26:00 PM More reviews by ladyhana

I love this foundation. I've been using MAC's studio fix fluid before i had no problem with studio fix i also like that but this foundation is very light on the skin compared to MAC's sff. What i love about this is that it's buildable. All u need is a little amount because i noticed when i use a lot it tends to cake and i applied it with my hands. Yes with my hands. I never do that with my other foundation but that is the best way to apply this foundation like what NARS's MA told me. I jut wish it has a pump for easier application because it's so liquidy sometimes i spill a lot. I would definitely repurchase this.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/18/2010 2:16:00 AM More reviews by bttrflyrose

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is definitely my favorite liquid foundation. It gives great coverage and is not as thick and cakey as other foundations. It applies very smoothly (I find it applies better with your fingers than a foundation brush). It makes your skin look very nice, but I haven't noticed it "glow" or do anything spectacular. Still, it's a great foundation. You definitely have to set it with a powder or it will get everywhere.
I really wish it came with a pump as it can get messy. Also, the color selection isn't that great in my opinion, but I found a shade that worked for me.
It's very pricey, but I think I will buy it again once I run out.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/18/2010 1:32:00 AM More reviews by adventurous

I absolutely love this foundation. It's the first high end foundation I have really loved. My skin kind of rests between neutral and cool, leaning towards cool. One of the things I've learning at MUA is that applying pink toned foundation actually makes me look even pinker, an look I do not like. Instead, I opt for neutral toned foundation and even foundations with a bit of yellow to neutralize my pinkness/redness. My color is Ceylan, which is warm-neutral. It wears like a dream. I apply it with a damp sponge and don't need much to get a decent coverage that evens me out and neutralizes my pink and red, but doesn't look cakey. It wears ALL DAY. I've never had a foundation that wears all day like this one does.

It really is my HG. I've had so many compliments on how great my skin looks since I've started using this foundation. I'm really happy with it.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/18/2010 12:42:00 AM More reviews by rachelanneb

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

my HG for sheer coverage foundation, its so perfect for a natural yet groomed finish. And I swear my skin feels softer after wearing it.

PROS:
gives a great natural finish
wears very well, even on my combination skin
Non-comedogenic and Fragrance free
very buildable for days when you want more coverage.

CONS:
lack of pump on the bottle
would like to see more foundation colors with a pink rather than yellow base

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/17/2010 4:11:00 PM More reviews by MoMo25

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

I got a sample of this and at first I did not like it because it felt too heavy (I used the stippling method at first) but I realized that if I used my fingers I can spread it out better and make it lighter. The results were very nice. I have oily-combo skin and this makes my skin matte. I am unsure this foundation will be suitable for dry skin since it seems to be a matte foundation. Overall, a good foundation for oily-combo and maybe normal skin people. I will definetly go buy out once my sample is done.

(I advise you go get a sample first that way you will not waste your money if the foundation isn't right for you ). :)

UPDATE- I had to lower the rating because it broke me out! I am glad I just got a sample because that would be $40 down the drain.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/17/2010 3:11:00 PM More reviews by CurlyGurly

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

Good foundation but must be used with the NARS primer as it tends to bunch up in strange little patches especially if you put a powder on over it. I use Gobi with the NARS pressed powder in Eden but the powder is to orange for the shade of foundation :( My skin changes and i only use it when i dont have any blemishes, also for me it works better with a sponge or fingers.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/16/2010 10:10:00 PM More reviews by katalina

Nice foundation but way too dry looking for combo/dry skin. A couple other reviewers stated the same.
I find nothing sheer or glowy about this foundation. Very thick going on and tried every possible brush/moisturizer to thin it out and give it glowy look on my over 40 skin.
Oh, well back to Sephora it goes to try and find something that works for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/16/2010 6:17:00 AM More reviews by noirowoze

I'm Chinese with combination skin and some acne scarring from, believe it or not, the clinique 3 step system. I was really really hesitant about buying this because I didn't think this was meant for combo-oily skin. well I bought it anyway to give it a shot and I'm absolutly IN LOVE WITH IT. it feels so light and smooth. I usually like to apply it with my fingers after I sanitize of course. I've tried using the mac 187 brush but it didn't feel or look natural. when I used my fingers I could really smooth it into my skin and easily build coverage. this foundaion is so amazing because it's sheer enough to use as a tinted moisturizer but it's also definitely buildable to medium-full coverage, especially if youre using your fingers. however lately I've been pairing this with the mac 109 brush. the 109 brush really let's me buff the foundation in and makes it look so natural without streaks or cakiness. I've tried many ways to set this foundation for my skin type and I finally found a routine that works wonders for me. so after I wash, exfoliate, and moisturize, I let it all sink in and then apply the murad oil control mattifier. after that sinks in I apply mac's prep and prime skin base visage. once that sinks in I put on my nars sheerglow in Ceylan with either my fingers or the mac 109. if I want more sheer coverage I use my fingers. for heavier coverage I use the 109. I contour, blush blah blah and set everything with mac's prep and prime transparent powder. then I spray my mac 187 stippling brush with mac fix+ and stipple that onto my face over the foundation and transparent powder. it migh be a tedious routine, but my makeup did not budge and looked flawless for literally 9 hours, not exagerrating, even for my combo-oily skin. I love this foundation. so smooth, light, wonderful, whatever. it's great and I would repurchase this over and over and over again.
UPDATE: I am still absolutely loving this foundation. I have not broken out from this at all. when I wear it, it feels like I'm not wearing anything at all. my dad, who is super critical about how makeup is applied and how natural it looks, didn't even know I had foundation on. he just thought my hyperpigmentation disappeared overnight and I wasn't wearing concealer either! love it love it love it. I think when they call it "sheer glow," sheer meaning it FEELS sheer. I mean if you really want something sheer, I would consider tinted moisturizers. as for the glow, I guess it only "glows" on normal combo skin, not dry skin. you could always ask for a sample first. but give it a COUPLE of chances. the first two times I used it, I hate it. I almost returned it but then I realized I wasn't applying it right. try to apply it a few different ways before hating it :)!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/15/2010 8:25:00 PM More reviews by VanillaV

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this makeup! The colors are absolutely beautiful and neutral...excellent for olive skin. I am between a MAC NC 42-44 for reference. In the winter I purchased Syracuse in Sheer Glow; now since I am tanning I wear Tahoe and it perfect too!

I love the finish not too matte not too dewy/shiny. I have very dry skin that is more normal now thanks to Cerave moisturizer so this formula is perfect for my skin. It lasts ALL day from 6:30 a.m. til midnight I love it! This is definitely HG makeup. Nothing is more perfect.