BeneFit Cosmetics HOOLA

4.1

on 3/15/2007 4:24:00 PM

Although I have used this for many years...I do love bare minerals bronzer even better...a slight more natural if you want to use it for heavier bronze look.

on 3/14/2007 6:15:00 PM

Even the salesperson at the Benefit boutique told me this is not a great bronzer for layering heavily on it's own, and warned me about the dirty face thing. It does, however, work beautifully as your base bronzer when applied evenly with a light hand, and then a different sheer powder sparkly bronzer on top. It builds very well if you want more color. If you use liquid or gel bronzer, you can tap it on without the Hoola coming off. It's an extra step that you may not want bother with, but I must say it gives me the most amazing look and seems to set bronzers on top that have more shimmer. It's very matte and will look like dirt if you over apply, but I recommend it as a base color for sure. It actually has a bit of coverage and gives a very, very natural color. I can skip powder and foundation. It lasts FOREVER. I've had the same box for over a year - maybe because I use it lightly, but no joke. I haven't even hit the bottom of the pan yet. Use a fluffy brush - the brush supplied is a good little brush, but unless you really tap off extra product might deposit too much for you (the result: dirty face.) I really recommend at least trying it on at the store. The layering trick gives me the exact look I want.

on 3/14/2007 10:32:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

I think that the key to using this is with a very light application. Overload can result in your face looking kind of dirty! However once you find the light touch and use it carefully it really is an excellent bronzer. I think it smells yummy too!

I must be bronzer dumb because I couldn't get this to work for me. I looked muddy, and dirty, and just plain ICKY! I think I'm just too pale for bronzer :(

on 2/23/2007 9:39:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Shrug. I really like this,and am pretty pale. I don't feel it looks dirty on me, but I do not use the brush that came with it, as it is tiny and kind of sucks. I use a light touch, maybe that's why it doesn't look dirty on me so much. I like this more than most bronzers because it is brown, not ORANGE, and best of all, not shimmery at all.

Edit: ok, so I wrote this review before I understood skin tones beyond pale, fair, medium, dark,etc. This is a very cool toned bronzed, almost gray based. It makes me look kind of sickly if I use it as an all over bronzer, since my skin is on the neutral side. I like that there's a bronzer for fairer tones out there, but neutral and warm skin tones beware.

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure

I love this. I am so very pale and this bronzer simulates a tan on my fair skin without looking fake or orange.

on 2/21/2007 3:32:00 PM

I have very pale skin in the winter, and I agree that this product makes you look dirty unless you apply it very, very sparingly and blend it well. Don't use the brush that comes with it, or else you'll look like you have smudges on your face. Overall, it's not a terrible bronzer -- it does make me look naturally tan and it's not orange-looking at all. It's just a bit too matte for my taste. (Cute package design, though.)

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Too dark, makes me look like I rubbed dirt on my face. Appreciate the lack of sparkles, though.

This is definitely the best bronzer I have tried. Using a big powder brush instead of the brush it comes with is key! I can see if you use too much you could look dirty, but just the right amount looks perfectly sunkissed! I love it and will always have in my makeup bag.

on 1/29/2007 9:29:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I used this for years before switching to bareMinerals recently. I honestly think this is the best bronzer out there. However, it still separated due to my oily skin by mid-afternoon. If you don't have a problem with oily skin, this is a great bronzer. A little is all you need. Too much will give you a "dirty face".
And you can't beat the fantastic packaging of Benefit products!

Popular Bronzers