July 24, 2014 | 1795 users online

Mascara - Lancome - Definicils Mascara

rated 5 of 5 on 8/14/2005 10:13:00 AM More reviews by Dolce7vita

Excellent product. Mascara is a very personal thing- this one works for me because I only need it for color and a little length. If you need it for 'plumping,' this particular kind won't be for you.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/13/2005 10:54:00 AM More reviews by Pinktop33

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have always liked Definicils by Lancome. I am currently using it in Black.

The truth of the matter is that I have found great mascaras in drugstores, too, but if I happen to get a little tube of Definicils in my "goodie bag" from the Lancome counter after I've made a purchase, then I use it.
Definicils doesn't smudge too much and it is very black, reasonably shiny, and seems to curl with no effort. It's a mascara that has a lot of body - in my experience - and does not seem to need repeated applications. It comes off fairly easily although not as easy as Lamcome's Magicils which comes off in a snap with just water.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/12/2005 8:38:00 PM More reviews by Goldenstar

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I used this mascara for about a year. During that time, I noticed that my eye lashes were falling out & getting to be a little thin (I have fairly thick lashes). I heard that sometimes certain mascara's can cause this problem. After I stopped using it, my lashes returned to their normal thickness. I will NEVER use this product again.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/9/2005 5:30:00 PM More reviews by giselle4life

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

It's great for getting all of your lashes but it's not a great mascara if you want that wow!great lashes look. I use it as a base coat as it gets at all your lashes and provides the perfect base for a thickening and lengthening mascara to layer on top. I'd buy it again for use as a base coat.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/8/2005 2:25:00 PM More reviews by amygirl3540

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I do love this mascara, but I always feel bad when I have to throw it away because it's so expensive! I use L'Oreal voluminous and then I don't feel bad when I have to throw it out after 1-2 months use. I usually try to get the sample size of this in the gift with purchase and between that and the L'Oreal, I have avoided buying an expensive mascara that to me isn't worth the price.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/7/2005 6:20:00 PM More reviews by evekk

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This was my HG for years. But I can't justify now throwing away a product every 3 months that costs 15 (or more now probably) when it's not used up and when there are so many cheaper alternatives. It is the best high end mascara that I have tried - separates, thickens and lengthens my lashes. But I have found a drugstore one that nearly matches it for 3 times less the money and I don't feel so guilty when throwing that away. It's called Maybelline Volume Express.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/4/2005 6:34:00 AM More reviews by LeighS

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I bought a GWP sized tube of this off ebay for 3 so I could try it out. It was quite good, it reminds me of MAC Prolash. Nothing spectacular and not worth the full price.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/3/2005 10:16:00 AM More reviews by inkybear

im confused because i had a little sample gwp of these on my cruise and loved but now i bought one and it doesn't seem the same. it doesnt clump but probably because its too runny and doesn
t make my lashes longer or thinker...it just down right sucks ass. maybe I ot a bad batch. who knows.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/1/2005 10:57:00 PM More reviews by cerisier

After hearing all the hype surrounding this mascara, I decided to give it a try just a few years ago. I really didn't like it at all since it didn't do much of anything to my lashes. The more I put on, the worse looking my lashes got. On the other hand, Hypnose is my new best friend.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/28/2005 10:17:00 PM More reviews by foundationaddict

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I thought i'd never find a mascara that's going to work better than my beloved estee lauder mascara, but I was so wrong! This mascara has all the good things that I seek: it does not smudge, not even on my super oily skin, and, it makes my eye lashes look ridiculously long and defined. I took away 1 lippie for being hard to remove.

08/25/05 update: It does make my lashes look long, but it is hard to remove, and it weights my lashes down tremendously.