October 23, 2014 | 1524 users online

Foundations - Make Up For Ever - HD High Definition Foundation

rated 5 of 5 on 8/16/2011 8:20:00 PM More reviews by alygal7

I got to join the bandwagon on this one it is an absolute HG. I love this foundation so much! After reading and watching reviews I was pretty sure I wanted to get this but also a little bit hesitant. I was expecting it to be a creamy/thicker consistincy but when I put it on my hand and face it was sooo light. At Sephora I had to take a guess at the color because I was rushed.Fortunatly I was right. I am in 117(light skin with yellow undertones). The next day when I put it on my face it was perfect match soo light and it lasted long. Its semi-matte as they say and natural finish.I have a very oily T-zone especially my nose and my cheeks are normal and I was in humid weather and it lasted yet i lways get oily so i set it with my rimmel stay matte pressed powder and only retouched 1 or twice. My skin never looks so smooth. Coverage wise is medium and buildable. I like to double up as concealer. Packaging it sanitary with a great pump but at first I thought it would be kinda heavy like glass but it ws kinda plastic feeling which I actually like. It hasnt broken me out once and I actually fine that it prevents my break outs from getting worst and helps them get better. It also kinda acts like it has a built in primer due to its silicone base as I heard. It doesnt sink into my skin nor clogs my pores due to that I apply it with either my fingers or my ELF studio Powder Brush. Price..$40 which of course a little pricy but worth it with all the benefits.I recommend all the way! 5 lippies!!!:)

rated 5 of 5 on 8/16/2011 6:50:00 PM More reviews by Rhonda2010

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I've never had a better color match by ANY company during the winter. I use color 165 (Dark skin with pink undertones). This matches perfectly, and although it says dark skin, it's more like medium/tan. This can go on so easily with fingers, and I've never seen any foundation blend this easily.

I bought this once Revlon's photo ready foundation started looking like sshhh on me. It has a natural finish, and on my dry skin looks a little matte, so I don't need a powder to set it, and it stays on me literally 18 or more hours without touch ups. Revlon's was dewy, and when I want this to look dewy, I just add a drop or two of illuminator before I put it on my face. It photographs better than any other foundation I've used, too. I couldn't get the right color match for summer, but this is definitely one of my favorite foundations in the winter.

Even though it says it's medium coverage, I think it goes on light. But it can be built up without looking cakey. It leaves a soft focus look on my face anywhere I go, and in any lighting. And it lasts and lasts, cuz I only need three pumps to do my whole face. I used it six months last year, and I have nearly half a bottle left. So I only buy one bottle every two years, since I only use it in the fall/winter.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/16/2011 4:07:00 PM More reviews by livinlife23

HD = HG! I have to say, I was very skeptical about this product. I dont wear much makeup..at all. I mostly wear it for special occasions and a bit of concealer here and there. Therefore I figured why not buy a good quality foundation since Im not going to go through it fast. This provides medium to full coverage (depending on application) and lasts all day (at least for me). I wore this to prom, danced for majority of the 4 hrs and never touched up my face once. 4 hrs and a sweaty dance floor and my makeup looked good as new when I got home. If that doesn' t say something, I don't know what will. For special occasions, I definitely reccomend this but for everyday use, I suggest Clinique or something a bit more affordable.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/12/2011 11:28:00 PM More reviews by prettyseaeagle

I have no idea why this foundation is so highly raved. While it works great for me, it doesn't make me go WOW like I should be especially when it seems to fail no one. The coverage is sheer to medium which I love and it goes on smoothly. However it doesn't last the whole day for me when I do not even have oily skin to begin with. Also, the shade I got is way too dark for me. Im NC20 and got it in #120 but I feel like I should go one shade down instead. Makes me look like I have a fake tan on or something. It looked ok once applied but after an hour or so it oxidizes to an awful orange and just looks nasty. Sigh. I really wanted to love this, but the shade and longevity that is bothering me. All in all, expensive for the quality.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/12/2011 5:16:00 PM More reviews by bublebulle

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is the only foundation I've found that perfectly matches my skin (MAC NC40 => MUFE HD 128).
This is a medium coverage foundation but it doesn't feel heavy at all. The finish is not completely matte, not completely dewy which is great for my combination skin - it doesn't enhance the dry patches on my cheeks or the breakouts I sometimes have on my chin and forehead. It looks beautiful on pictures and in real life so this is my go-to face product. I apply it with my Sigma F80 for a flawless result.
The packaging could be better though. I love the pump for hygienic purposes (I use a pump and a half for my entire face) but they designed the bottle poorly. What the heck were they thinking when they came with this opaque packaging?! It's impossible to know what's left inside and you could easily take it to travel, thinking you have enough product for several uses, and then discover that the bottle is empty once you need it. Wish the container was transparent - if it was, I would change my overall rating from 4 to 5!

rated 3 of 5 on 8/11/2011 1:17:00 AM More reviews by michen1031

The packaging is so pretty....but the product..not so much for oily skin. it makes me really oily throughout the day, but most foundations tend to do that. it looks really nice when freshly applied, but loses its look throughout the day. photographs very well though.

i still use this because its the best foundation i have right now and i do not want to waste the $40 i spent on it :)

rated 5 of 5 on 8/8/2011 12:39:00 PM More reviews by Olinda73

I just have to say that I have tried Bare Escentuals, DIor, Chanel and Drugstore brands and this is the BEST!

I work for a beauty store that does not carry this so most of the women notice my makeup all day long, and one thing I hear everyday is "You have beautiful skin!" I'm not really allowed to tell them it's Makeup Forever, but it is! I think to myself, wow, my skin is really not that great, the foundation is just so light and natural looking that I guess people can't tell I'm wearing foundation. :)

This is my HG foundation FOREVER.

I'm in love...:D

rated 4 of 5 on 8/7/2011 3:35:00 PM More reviews by aturchyn

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I was told this foundation was supposed to be medium-full coverage, but I would say its more of a thin layer on top of your skin that still requires concealer. But that doesn't take away from the fact that I love this foundation, it photographs well and it lasts all day (which is what I needed)

rated 2 of 5 on 8/7/2011 5:59:00 AM More reviews by tjbaker68

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I was so hoping this makeup would be the one for me. I love the way it looks when it first goes on but it sure doesn't stay. After about 2 hours I find I have to reapply and it makes my face oily. I don't have oily skin at all. It is way too expensive and should last more than a few hours. I will not purchase again.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/6/2011 1:30:00 PM More reviews by JMERENEE

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

so far this is probably one of my favorite foundations, like every foundation it does have some downfalls though:( its great for a flawless finish but it does highlight the dry patches that you may have and for me i find that at the end of the day it does make my face look a little oiler BUT i do have oily skin so it could be just that. it is pricey but totally worth it!

oh another big plus about this foundation is that it DOES NOT BREAK ME OUT! which i love:)