September 2, 2014 | 1870 users online

Eye Primer - Too Faced - Shadow Insurance, Anti-Crease Eye Shadow Primer

rated 5 of 5 on 1/21/2010 1:30:00 AM More reviews by purplkaret

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

i switched from udpp to this just based on packaging cuz i had lost half the product after putting it in the pot and eventually having it dry out. and i'm glad i did because for me, this one is way better. i'll kinda do a comparative review since they are such similar products.

i have very dry skin and this one seems doesnt dry out my lids like udpp. the consistency is not quite as 'sticky' as udpp and as a result, eyeshadow is still very blendable while showing up really vibrant and holds on all day. my boyfriend actually noticed a difference in vibrancy when i wore the same look w/ and w/o this on different days. i literally use a sesame seed sized amount for both lids and since it is thinner than udpp, it spreads thin all over the lid so even tho the tube seems small, it'll probably last me a while. for oilier lids, i think udpp might be better buy for my skin which is on the drier side, tfsi is the way to go.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/20/2010 7:17:00 PM More reviews by JYCarson

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is the first eyeshadow primer I've used so I can't compare it to others but I do really enjoy it. My eye makeup stays all day, doesn't budge until I actually use remover. My pigments look brighter and more intense. As others have complained, it can separate and when you squeeze some out you get a clear liquid. To avoid that I just mush it around a little bit each morning before squeezing it out. I may decide to try UDPP once this tube runs out just to see how they compare but I would definitely buy this again.

EDIT: After having tried a few other eyeshadow primers, I'm upping this to 5 lippies because it is far superior to the others. Packaging is the best, and for it's price compared to how much is in the tube and how long the tube lasts me, it's a better bang for my buck.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/20/2010 6:55:00 PM More reviews by im05

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Amazing product!!!
I am usually hesitant to spend lots on makeup, but this product really solved my problems! I have oily skin so it obviously causes frequent shadow runoff and creasing and the eyeshadows never look the colour from their package when applied on my lids, but this product really does it all with such a small application too! It has even inspired me to move from my natural shades to fun bright colours and do dark smoky looks..and it doesn't smudge or crease at the end of the night..looks as perfect as when applied! :)

rated 5 of 5 on 1/20/2010 5:23:00 PM More reviews by fatallyyours

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Keeps my shadow from creasing, intensifies colors, prevents fading. Tube ensures you get every last drop of the product. I have no other primers to compare this to because I don't feel the need to buy any others due to the fact this works for me.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/20/2010 1:42:00 AM More reviews by lchoe

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is better for me than Urban Decay's Primer Potion as UDPP made my eyeshadow crease and I could not blend my eyeshadows in a way that I liked (without the use of UDPP).

My TF Shadow Insurance did separate however when I put TFSI on only one eye (to compare and test if this actually worked) with my eyeshadow and my Urban Decay 24/7 Black Eye Pencil, I IMMEDIATELY noticed that it worked (one eyeliner side didn't budge while the other side without the primer smudged a bit). That is enough proof for me to keep buying this and recommending! I even went to a 60 minute cardio kick boxing class (very rigorous & sweaty) with eyeliner, eyeshadow with the TFSI and most of my eye makeup stayed on - amazing!

*This is also my new favorite LIP PRIMER (after disappointing drying results from other lip primers). Just be careful to put a small amount of this on a CLEAN fingertip before applying to your lips, letting dry and then applying your lip color.

As I am 43, (although facialists/aestheticians think I am 26 - 33), my eyes are obviously not as firm as when I was 21. I am grateful products like this exist to help us at any age with helping our makeup application as efficient and long lasting as possible (less touch ups!).

rated 4 of 5 on 1/18/2010 3:57:00 PM More reviews by AmandaPayge

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I like the TF Shadow Insurance but not as much as the Urban Decay Primer Potion. The SI is thinner and it makes my bright colored shadows a little muted where the UDPP makes them really vibrant. I have never experienced any creasing from it and it works fine with neutrals and nude colors however and is more sanitary. The packaging was really nice and I like the fact that you can get all the product out without having to cut the bottle apart like I have to with my UDPP. I repot it and then have to stick my finger in, which I'm not crazy about. I wish I could get UDPP in the TF package!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/18/2010 3:45:00 PM More reviews by themisanthrope

This stuff is fantastic!! I used to use FY Eye (which is also amazing) but I found that FY Eye dries out from being opened many times (it's in a jar) and a lot of product was lost to the nooks and crannies of the glass jar. This is cheaper than Fy Eye which also motivated me to make the move. The color and consistency is identical to Fy Eye - but now to make the review more for people who have NOT tried Benefit's primer.

TFSI is a peachy sort of color, maybe more nude. I am very pale (nw5) so no, the color does not show up on your lids. You need to learn how much is right for you (as with any primer) I use a dot on the tip of my index finger and pat onto my whole lid. You want enough to create a thin, but even layeer. If not, you can tell where you missed your primer. For instance, I had the perfect amount on my right eye, not enough on my left eye. Shadow on my right eye was more pigmented and even, whereas the shadow on the left eye looked sheerer and wasn't sitting in my fine lines (meaning the shadow was everywhere except my wrinklies so you could see lines of flesh through the shadow. ew) This involves practice - so give TFSI some time so you know how much to use for you.

This lasts from morning till bedtime - sometimes I am sad to wash my face because my makeup still looks perfect! I use this with foiled eyeshadows, dry shadows, pigments etc. Even keeps shadesticks in place.

Summer, winter, rain, or snow - again my shadow needs no touch ups.

The tube is very convenient - I am using it like a toothpaste - working from the end and pushing product to the spout. Through this, I can estimate how much product is left. I purchased this in Feb 09 - it is now Jan 10 and I am only halfway through this tube. That is amazing.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/13/2010 5:09:00 PM More reviews by wonderbuy

With an abundance of primers out there, I would not recommend this. If you are dry around the eyes, this may work for you but the major issue is that it changes the color of the shadow. It makes everything look dull and imparts a grey cast. The hold is not good either but the packaging is great. UDPP is much better in hold. I also found that TFSI separates quite quickly sometimes just with clear liquid coming out. Everything on the market is better, namely UDPP, Trish Mcevoy eye base essentials, LM eye basics, Benefit stay not stray. This also takes way too long to dry and is tacky to the touch.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/13/2010 11:10:00 AM More reviews by playsindirt

Wanted to love it but it caused an allergic reaction. Dry, red, puffy, itchy eyes. But for those without these issues it's a great product - great size, packaging, consistency - plus it works fairly well even on oily skin.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/12/2010 11:20:00 PM More reviews by killahshortiee89

The packaging this primer comes in is so much better than urban decays primer. However, my eyeshadow did crease a little, especially during humid days/nights. My eyelids also tend to get very oily and I believe that this primer isn't as effective for very oily lids compared to urban decays primer. I will not be repurchasing.