November 23, 2014 | 1258 users online

Eye Primer - Too Faced - Shadow Insurance

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/30/2010 8:51:00 AM More reviews by Hollynla

This is one of those great products that actually does what it says it will do. I could not live without this. I have tried a few other eye lid primers but nothing, and I mean nothing comes close to this. My shadow stays in place for 14 hours, it does not budge, and that is amazing. Without using a primer, my eye makeup would need touching up by lunch. I will continue to buy this again and again.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/30/2010 8:33:00 AM More reviews by LJT1973

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I've tried a few different eye primers and this is hands down, my favorite! The price is reasonable and most importantly, it works!! My eyes are pretty sensitive, but I've never had any problems with this stuff. I will be re-buying!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/30/2010 8:19:00 AM More reviews by Eva32

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I didn't buy this, but I got a sample of it from Sephora. I'm fairly pleased, as it keeps my eyeshadows from creasing for 8 hours. It doesn't last all day, though, so this isn't the perfect primer for me. Though I have weird eyes. On my left eye, the eyeshadow lasts all day with the primer. My right eye, it creases by eight hours. I've pretty much resigned myself to the fact that nothing will stop my right eye from creasing.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/29/2010 2:53:00 AM More reviews by AMARIS178

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

love it.. but i wanna try UDPP though to see if it works better..

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/28/2010 10:57:00 AM More reviews by Mathilda91

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I would die without this! I've always had trubble with my eyeshadow not staying on, but with this it stays on all day (and night) It's easy to apply, and evens out the skin tone on my lid, so I don't need a base eyeshadow. I apply it with my (clean) finger, and smooth it out all over the lid. I apply eyeshadow over, and the colour is vibrant and long lasting. This is it!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/28/2010 6:43:00 AM More reviews by msshai

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Dark, Warm Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

I really dig this primer. I'm new to primers and used to only use cream shadow bases, but this is a great alternative that really keeps my makeup in place. I can get dolled up for a night on the town, pass out somewhere, and wake up and my [eye] makeup will still be in place. I gave this 4 lippies instead of 5 only because something about the product irritates my eyes a little and I can't be sure but I think it causes my contact lenses to rotate in my eyes. Maybe im nuts and its all in my head but it seems to only happen when I wear this.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/27/2010 10:10:00 PM More reviews by champagnestars

I know there are heaps of rave about UDDP, but living in Australia i cant get UDDP unless i order online but this was available in our departmental store! I decided to give it a go & i must say i am impressed! I have oily lids, even gel liner which are supposed to be waterproof would not last on me! With this product though, the lasting power of whatever i use on my eye is great!

I think primers are really important to create a smooth area for you to work on, be it putting eyeshadow or anything on your lids! This has to be something which will be part of my collection (something which i will make sure i have enough to last!).

Say hello to no more greasy eye lids! 2 thumbs up! :D

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/27/2010 1:55:00 AM More reviews by darkeyedfran

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

I dont know how i lived without this before!!! i've been using this for a couple of months now and it has made such a difference to the life and color brilliance of my shadows. I did a test the other day just to see how effective this was in bringing out vibrancy in drug store shadows. I recently bought some of the Maybelline Color Plush shadows, without it they were muddy and didn't last so long but with the primer my eyes were still vibrant purple at 2 in the morning, over 14 hours of wear and the stuff held on! I love this stuff, i can't live without it now. this is one of my HG products!

rated 3 of 5 on 1/26/2010 2:42:00 AM More reviews by tokyofro

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I wasn't really impressed with this product. I bought it to try it out against my Urban Decay Primer Potion (which was at the same price point), and also because I liked the packaging better.

It seemed to be a bit too light for me, and didn't last nearly as long as the Primer Potion did. Also, the Shadow Insurance seems to separate, so you have to shake it up a bit prior to using it. I'm not sure if that was just an individual mishap or if it's common with the product...

While this wasn't too bad, I just prefer the Primer Potion much more because it lasted longer on my lids. I'll stick with the Urban Decay over this, definitely.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/25/2010 5:01:00 AM More reviews by Novavelle

I got this item in a sample kit with too faced lash injection mascara, and I normally use a MAC paint pot for a primer, so I thought this should work just as well. I used it and it's a little thinner then I like and it does have a really intresting smell to it, and I don't think it's in a good way. I woudln't swap in my paint pot for this any time soon, but it was intresting to try. As a primer it does work but I think there are better product's out there.