July 31, 2014 | 1730 users online

Eye Primer - Too Faced - Shadow Insurance, Anti-Crease Eye Shadow Primer

rated 4 of 5 on 1/18/2010 3:57:00 PM More reviews by AmandaPayge

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I like the TF Shadow Insurance but not as much as the Urban Decay Primer Potion. The SI is thinner and it makes my bright colored shadows a little muted where the UDPP makes them really vibrant. I have never experienced any creasing from it and it works fine with neutrals and nude colors however and is more sanitary. The packaging was really nice and I like the fact that you can get all the product out without having to cut the bottle apart like I have to with my UDPP. I repot it and then have to stick my finger in, which I'm not crazy about. I wish I could get UDPP in the TF package!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/18/2010 3:45:00 PM More reviews by themisanthrope

This stuff is fantastic!! I used to use FY Eye (which is also amazing) but I found that FY Eye dries out from being opened many times (it's in a jar) and a lot of product was lost to the nooks and crannies of the glass jar. This is cheaper than Fy Eye which also motivated me to make the move. The color and consistency is identical to Fy Eye - but now to make the review more for people who have NOT tried Benefit's primer.

TFSI is a peachy sort of color, maybe more nude. I am very pale (nw5) so no, the color does not show up on your lids. You need to learn how much is right for you (as with any primer) I use a dot on the tip of my index finger and pat onto my whole lid. You want enough to create a thin, but even layeer. If not, you can tell where you missed your primer. For instance, I had the perfect amount on my right eye, not enough on my left eye. Shadow on my right eye was more pigmented and even, whereas the shadow on the left eye looked sheerer and wasn't sitting in my fine lines (meaning the shadow was everywhere except my wrinklies so you could see lines of flesh through the shadow. ew) This involves practice - so give TFSI some time so you know how much to use for you.

This lasts from morning till bedtime - sometimes I am sad to wash my face because my makeup still looks perfect! I use this with foiled eyeshadows, dry shadows, pigments etc. Even keeps shadesticks in place.

Summer, winter, rain, or snow - again my shadow needs no touch ups.

The tube is very convenient - I am using it like a toothpaste - working from the end and pushing product to the spout. Through this, I can estimate how much product is left. I purchased this in Feb 09 - it is now Jan 10 and I am only halfway through this tube. That is amazing.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/13/2010 5:09:00 PM More reviews by wonderbuy

With an abundance of primers out there, I would not recommend this. If you are dry around the eyes, this may work for you but the major issue is that it changes the color of the shadow. It makes everything look dull and imparts a grey cast. The hold is not good either but the packaging is great. UDPP is much better in hold. I also found that TFSI separates quite quickly sometimes just with clear liquid coming out. Everything on the market is better, namely UDPP, Trish Mcevoy eye base essentials, LM eye basics, Benefit stay not stray. This also takes way too long to dry and is tacky to the touch.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/13/2010 11:10:00 AM More reviews by playsindirt

Wanted to love it but it caused an allergic reaction. Dry, red, puffy, itchy eyes. But for those without these issues it's a great product - great size, packaging, consistency - plus it works fairly well even on oily skin.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/12/2010 11:20:00 PM More reviews by killahshortiee89

The packaging this primer comes in is so much better than urban decays primer. However, my eyeshadow did crease a little, especially during humid days/nights. My eyelids also tend to get very oily and I believe that this primer isn't as effective for very oily lids compared to urban decays primer. I will not be repurchasing.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/12/2010 5:44:00 PM More reviews by cat070992

Pros:
very nice packaging
goes on clear/sheer
easy to smooth
not drying
doesn't make lids feel oily
no creasing

Cons:
doesn't make colors pop as much as UDPP

I like this, but I prefer UDPP even with the crappy packaging

rated 5 of 5 on 1/12/2010 5:35:00 PM More reviews by jennlynn3127

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I love this product!! My mom got it for me for Christmas and I never wear makeup without it!! I had a bad problem of my eye shadow creasing really bad and with this product it never does it!! I tell all my friends to buy it!

rated 2 of 5 on 1/11/2010 9:08:00 AM More reviews by jafairfax

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I usually use Urban Decay primer potion but thought I'd give this a go because of the good reviews. Unfortunely, I wasted my money because this product only works if you have dry eyelids. I have oily eyelids and this did nothing to prevent my eyeshadow from creasing. So I'm back to using UDPP which works great for me.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/11/2010 8:57:00 AM More reviews by kdimp

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

does what it says. doesnt irritate my eyes. dispenses well. overall good product. i would repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/10/2010 11:02:00 PM More reviews by avapro

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is a great primer, I was using too much at first and only found out later that I needed just a little drop; like the size of this O for both eyes. There is only a little bit of fading at the end of the evening, but other than that there has been no creasing or movement of product. I would buy this again.
Edit: I'm starting to notice that with this on my shadow still fades near mid-day and under NYX jumbo eye pencils they still crease. Maybe it's my oily eyelids, but I'm thinking I should switch up to the UDPP.