October 20, 2014 | 1789 users online

Eye Primer - Too Faced - Shadow Insurance

rated 3 of 5 on 1/26/2010 2:42:00 AM More reviews by tokyofro

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I wasn't really impressed with this product. I bought it to try it out against my Urban Decay Primer Potion (which was at the same price point), and also because I liked the packaging better.

It seemed to be a bit too light for me, and didn't last nearly as long as the Primer Potion did. Also, the Shadow Insurance seems to separate, so you have to shake it up a bit prior to using it. I'm not sure if that was just an individual mishap or if it's common with the product...

While this wasn't too bad, I just prefer the Primer Potion much more because it lasted longer on my lids. I'll stick with the Urban Decay over this, definitely.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/25/2010 5:01:00 AM More reviews by Novavelle

I got this item in a sample kit with too faced lash injection mascara, and I normally use a MAC paint pot for a primer, so I thought this should work just as well. I used it and it's a little thinner then I like and it does have a really intresting smell to it, and I don't think it's in a good way. I woudln't swap in my paint pot for this any time soon, but it was intresting to try. As a primer it does work but I think there are better product's out there.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/24/2010 1:15:00 AM More reviews by emmyboop

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I actually never used this product as a shadow primer. I tested the sample at the store and found it too thin and watery and thought it smelled funny. Decided not to buy.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/23/2010 3:29:00 PM More reviews by livelovebe

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Black

I'm a first time eye primer user and I have to say, I never skip this product in my routine . My shadow colors are more vibrant and stay on for longer hours. I do need a touch up at the end of the day if I'm heading out after work but haven't had to through out the day. It has a nice soft texture and you just need a small drop. I'll most likely try another product just to compare. In general, eye primer is a must. I don't have any comparisons yet but I think this product was very good.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/23/2010 2:02:00 PM More reviews by elleokay

I've got fairly tough oily skin, even with my mild rosacea, but for some reason, this stuff burns my eyelids! I thought perhaps I had gotten a bad tube (which I skirted off to my mother, who adores it with her dry, crepey lids), but I repurchased just to try it out again... and the same thing happened after multiple attempts!

Even with the burning, the product is average at best on my oil-slick lids, creating maybe a 1-2 hour longer extension of color before creasing.

However, Too Faced got one thing right with this product: the packaging! The squeezy tube is fabulous. I wish other companies with other popular eye primers would follow suit... but for now, I'll stick with UDPP.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/22/2010 6:27:00 AM More reviews by Meeelissa

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

Awesome! I have oily lids and even though people it isn't good for oily lids, I'm glad I felt like I had to try it anyway! As a college student, pulling an all nighter was a frequent thing and this primer made my shadow look as good as when I had applied it 48 hours later! Even longer because sometimes i'd pass out (I know it's bad for the skin and eyes but hey...so are all nighters in general lol). I like that it has not dried out (which my UDPP did) and I've had it for a long time now. I feel for the quality the price is about right but it could be cheaper simply because it's so popular.

I also like that it has no parabens. UDPP has every paraben in it. UDPP is good but for me it only lasted roughly 12 hours and I just need longer. Most of my days are longer than that :(

rated 5 of 5 on 1/21/2010 1:30:00 AM More reviews by purplkaret

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

i switched from udpp to this just based on packaging cuz i had lost half the product after putting it in the pot and eventually having it dry out. and i'm glad i did because for me, this one is way better. i'll kinda do a comparative review since they are such similar products.

i have very dry skin and this one seems doesnt dry out my lids like udpp. the consistency is not quite as 'sticky' as udpp and as a result, eyeshadow is still very blendable while showing up really vibrant and holds on all day. my boyfriend actually noticed a difference in vibrancy when i wore the same look w/ and w/o this on different days. i literally use a sesame seed sized amount for both lids and since it is thinner than udpp, it spreads thin all over the lid so even tho the tube seems small, it'll probably last me a while. for oilier lids, i think udpp might be better buy for my skin which is on the drier side, tfsi is the way to go.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/20/2010 7:17:00 PM More reviews by JYCarson

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is the first eyeshadow primer I've used so I can't compare it to others but I do really enjoy it. My eye makeup stays all day, doesn't budge until I actually use remover. My pigments look brighter and more intense. As others have complained, it can separate and when you squeeze some out you get a clear liquid. To avoid that I just mush it around a little bit each morning before squeezing it out. I may decide to try UDPP once this tube runs out just to see how they compare but I would definitely buy this again.

EDIT: After having tried a few other eyeshadow primers, I'm upping this to 5 lippies because it is far superior to the others. Packaging is the best, and for it's price compared to how much is in the tube and how long the tube lasts me, it's a better bang for my buck.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/20/2010 6:55:00 PM More reviews by im05

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Amazing product!!!
I am usually hesitant to spend lots on makeup, but this product really solved my problems! I have oily skin so it obviously causes frequent shadow runoff and creasing and the eyeshadows never look the colour from their package when applied on my lids, but this product really does it all with such a small application too! It has even inspired me to move from my natural shades to fun bright colours and do dark smoky looks..and it doesn't smudge or crease at the end of the night..looks as perfect as when applied! :)

rated 5 of 5 on 1/20/2010 5:23:00 PM More reviews by fatallyyours

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Keeps my shadow from creasing, intensifies colors, prevents fading. Tube ensures you get every last drop of the product. I have no other primers to compare this to because I don't feel the need to buy any others due to the fact this works for me.