Lancome Definicils High Definition Mascara

3.7

Aqua/Water, Paraffin, Cera Alba/Beeswax, Acacia/Acacia Senegal Gum, Stearic Acid, Carnauba/Carnauba Wax, Palmitic Acid, Triethanolamine, Simethicone, Sodium Polymethacrylate, Aminomethyl Propanediol, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Panthenol, Polyquaternium-10, Imidazolidinyl Urea, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, BHT. [ /- May contain: CI 77007/Ultramarines, CI 77492, CI 77499, CI 77491/Iron Oxides]

on 11/7/2005 5:12:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I received a sample size of this mascara as a GWP, and I certainly would never pay retail for this. It's not a bad mascara; it does lengthen my lashes and make them a little thicker, and it clumps only a little and never flakes or smudges. However, it is NOT worth the US$22 that Lancome charges for it. Why? Because I find it makes my lashes look a little spidery, and overall, I don't find it to be any better than a drugstore mascara. Ingredients: water, paraffin, stearic acid, triethanolamine, beeswax, acacia senegal, palmitic acid, carnauba wax, simethicone, sodium polymethacrylate, hydroxyethylcellulose, panthenol, polyquaternium-10, imidazolidinyl urea, methylparaben, propylparaben. May contain: mica, titanium dioxide, carmine, iron oxides, chromium hydroxide green, chromium oxide greens, ultramarines. continued >>

on 11/2/2005 8:06:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Defincils rocks! Whenever i want those long think dramatic lashes..i wear this! one coat is enough but 2 coats is the bomb!

on 11/1/2005 1:11:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

Separates well and stays moist, doesn't clump, but that is it. Does not lengthen or hold curl, definitely does not add volume. A very very basic mascara only for those who already have beautiful long and thick lashes. Come on, how many of us have that?

on 10/22/2005 12:34:00 PM

I LOVE this mascara! I've been looking for one that lengthens without smudges, smearing and all that. It is pretty expensive, but not as expensive as some. I do have to comb it out while applying it, but who cares? When I get the look I want, I don't mind taking that extra step.

I also bought Cils booster, which for me, makes a HUGE difference between long lashes and shotr stubby ones. The booster actually made my lashes long without the mascara, and I can use it with the drugstore mascaras I already have.

I'll definitely buy this again.

on 10/19/2005 2:44:00 AM

My mom and I have about 20 of these gwp mascaras lying around. These were the first mascaras I used, and in some ways I could see why they've become so popular. The gwps are very convenient to carry everywhere with me, and they do a good job of separating the lashes. Also, there's very little smudging, even after putting eye rewetting drops or walking through rain, and mascaras come off easily with good makeup remover. The downside is that the mascara does little to curl my lashes, or lengthen them, and the wand is decent but in no way unique or spectacular. I have these only because they're gwps, but there's no chance I'd be paying full price for these. Now that I've moved away from Lancome, I will just use these up and use the drugstore ones.

on 10/18/2005 1:14:00 PM

I adore this mascara. I get so many compliments on my eyelashes when I wear it. My lashes are long, full, and not clumpy.

However, when I recommend it to others, they don't seem to like it as much. Interesting.

on 10/5/2005 4:16:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

PRO's- No clumps, flakes, smudges, and lasts all day long
CON's- Expensive, a bit stiff on the lashes.
I would rather stick with my Full & Soft, mostly because Id rather have soft lashes and it's so much cheaper. When I get back to the States, Im going to give Max Factor's Lash Perfection (?) a try. The only other expensive one Im going to have a go with is the YSL one- Faux Cils (?).

on 10/4/2005 5:43:00 PM

I got this as a GWP, and like others reviewers, I wouldn't be caught dead buying it. It's nothing spectacular, doesn't add any volume (that's what I need, not lenght). No way jose!

on 9/19/2005 8:33:00 AM

I got this with GWP. I don't think I would buy it full price. It definitely lengthened my lashes, but I think I want something to thicken it as well. The things I absolutely LOVE about this mascara is that it doesn't smudge. I always have a problem with mascara smudging, but this one doesn't. I will use it if I get it in samples, but I won't be buying it anytime soon.

on 9/15/2005 9:13:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This mascara does what it says it does: it lengthens. Unfortunately, if you want fullness, too, you're out of luck. Wears well for a non-waterproof formula. It's good, but not $22 good. For that much, I want it all. Back to Maybelline Full n' Soft I go!