November 24, 2014 | 1145 users online

Moisturizers - Extra Virgin Olive Oil

• Price: $

rated 2 of 5 on 5/13/2007 6:39:00 AM More reviews by caradiangela

Well, what to say... I really wanted to like this product as a face cleansing method. I have quite easy, combinated skin and I was on the look out for a way of cleansing that isnt too drying, and does a little extra for the skin. The use of plain e.v. olive oil seemed to be just that!
I really liked the natural aspect of it, and it also felt nice on my skin, didnt mind any smell either... But, after using it for about a week, I must say I'm a bit disappointed. Maybe its just too greasy for my skin type, or I've used it incorrectly. Either way, I feel like in the past week I've been broken out more than I regularly do. I must say it's also the time of month...if you know what I mean...so honestly I dont know really what caused it. My skin feels soft and moisturised tough. Maybe I'll give it another try for one more week, and update.
I used it like this: putting a little amount of evoo on a cotton pad, and smeared it all over my (dry) face. After a short while, I rinsed my face with plain (cold) water.
I didnt do a good job removing my mascara either (the only make up I use, MaxFactor MAX).
UPDATE: Since I've quit cleaning my face with olive oil, my break-outs all disappeared. So I guess EVOO really isnt for me (I take one lippy of)

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/4/2007 6:56:00 PM More reviews by kiskadeett

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I used to have dry, pale lips but not anymore! My mother told me that EVOO was good for dry skin and lips and that I should put it on sometimes. I didn't want to because the thought of putting oil on my skin was ridiculous and besides, it's so greasy. But anyway, I eventually decided to try it. Every night before bed, I dab some on my lips and in the morning I noticed that it was super soft and pink! I never had naturally pink lips before. Also, I tried removing makeup with this, and I must admit that it worked so much better than those expensive makeup removing cloths. I do have to use my facial cleanser immediately after since water doesn't clean off all the oil for me. My skin is so soft, clean, and looks poreless. I absolutely love it!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/2/2007 4:23:00 PM More reviews by Superhen

Being Italian and used to add olive oil to my food...it seems so strange to put it on the face !
But, one of my collegue told be about her grandmother and her habit to use olive oil on the skin and I decided to try !
I use it only on the face (since I use extra virgin, I couldn't bear that strong fragrance on all my body or hair !!) and the results are great ! I put it on, leave for some hours and then clean with a toner before going to bed. The day after skin is super soft and glowing !!! Of course I keep loving it on salads and vegetable soups ! :-P yummmm...
Ps I put some in a little bottle so that it is nicer to see in the bathroom
continued >>

rated 5 of 5 on 4/25/2007 12:44:00 AM More reviews by Orchidcurry

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I firmly believe that I got away with pregnancy and NO stretch marks due to olive oil. It was the best moisturizer on my hyper-sensitive skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/18/2007 1:51:00 AM More reviews by Mamu1

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is most worthy of its title "LIQUID GOLD"! It is my all around HG! Great for SO many things.

*Note to nursing moms: 2 Tbsp. EVOO + 8 drops lavender oil + 8 drops tea tree oil works WONDERS for sore nipples AND preventing/treating thrush.

6 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/29/2007 9:09:00 AM More reviews by xprincessxamandax

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

the more natural the better! i don't use it as a moisturizer i use it to remove my makeup and it works wonders it has made my skin alot smoother and it's super cheap

rated 5 of 5 on 3/25/2007 2:09:00 PM More reviews by Licha

------------------------------------------FOR FACE:

*To remove makeup I rub a quarter size amount on dry skin. Rinse with lukewarm water and tissue off. Works for eyemakeup - takes off everything. This leaves my skin baby soft. I've been doing this every night for just over a month and the pores on my nose and chin are almost invisible. If my skin is feeling particularly dry or stressed, I warm ONE DROP in my palms and press them over my face. In the morning I wash with my usual cleanser (Shiseido Benefiance).

------------------------------------------FOR HAIR:
*I have long, curly hair that tends to frizz. Before getting in the shower, I pour a generous amount of EVOO in my palms and smooth all over my hair and rub into my roots. I then brush my hair with a high quality natural boar brush to distribute the oil all over. I then shampoo (twice) and use my regular conditioner. I do this everytime I wash my hair. My hair is shinnier and softer and I have to use less products to prevent frizz.

-------------------------------------------FOR BODY:
*I pour a generous amount of EVOO on a high quality natural bristle body brush. Before showering (while I'm still dry), I scrub my entire body with the brush. After that I rinse with warm water and wash with soap or shower gel. This is the most amazing treatment. It evens my skin tone and makes my skin baby soft the WHOLE day. It also makes the skin on my thighs and butt look smoother. If I'm short on time, I skip the brush and just rub the oil all over my dry body before stepping in the shower. I do this 3 times a week to keep my skin soft.

--------------------------------------------FOR FEET:
*Rub oil all over dry feet. Rinse with cool water. Towel dry. I work 12 hour days in heels and this treatment leaves my feet super clean and refreshed. It also makes the skin soft around the heels.

---------------------------------------------

I buy the organic brand at my local health food store and it is a steal ($8.99) for such a luxurious and effective product. Remember, it has to be extra virgin olive oil, not regular.

69 out of 69 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

-----------------------------------FOR FEET:

--------------------------------------

23 out of 23 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/2/2007 3:09:00 PM More reviews by LouiseHourihan

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I seem to be in the minority with this, but using EVOO on my face made me break out terribly :( I was using it to remove my make-up, washing with my Dove sensitive skin bar as usual, then using a few drops of EVOO is a moisturizer. The only reason why I've given 2 lippies instead of one is that it does do a good job at removing make-up. But then again any oil would. I have combination/oily acne prone skin and I was leery about putting even more oil onto my skin. And now I see I was right to be worried. Maybe I did it wrong, I don't know.