September 19, 2014 | 1577 users online

rated 5 of 5 on 3/25/2007 2:07:00 PM More reviews by Licha

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Excellent. This really is a miracle product. Here are my tips and results:

-----------------------------------FOR FACE:

*To remove makeup I rub a quarter size amount on dry skin. Rinse with lukewarm water and tissue off. Works for eyemakeup - takes off everything. This leaves my skin baby soft. I've been doing this every night for just over a month and the pores on my nose and chin are almost invisible. If my skin is feeling particularly dry or stressed, I warm ONE DROP in my palms and press them over my face. In the morning I wash with my usual cleanser (Shiseido Benefiance).

-----------------------------------FOR HAIR:
*I have long, curly hair that tends to frizz. Before getting in the shower, I pour a generous amount of EVOO in my palms and smooth all over my hair and rub into my roots. I then brush my hair with a high quality natural boar brush to distribute the oil all over. I then shampoo (twice) and use my regular conditioner. I do this everytime I wash my hair. My hair is shinnier and softer and I have to use less products to prevent frizz.

-----------------------------------FOR BODY:
*I pour a generous amount of EVOO on a high quality natural bristle body brush. Before showering (while I'm still dry), I scrub my entire body with the brush. After that I rinse with warm water and wash with soap or shower gel. This is the most amazing treatment. It evens my skin tone and makes my skin baby soft the WHOLE day. It also makes the skin on my thighs and butt look smoother. If I'm short on time, I skip the brush and just rub the oil all over my dry body before stepping in the shower. I do this 3 times a week to keep my skin soft.

-----------------------------------FOR FEET:
*Rub oil all over dry feet. Rinse with cool water. Towel dry. I work 12 hour days in heels and this treatment leaves my feet super clean and refreshed. It also makes the skin soft around the heels.
*To refresh a pedicure, scrub nails with oil and a nail brush before showering.

--------------------------------------

I buy the organic brand at my local health food store and it is a steal ($8.99) for such a luxurious and effective product. Remember, it has to be extra virgin olive oil, not regular.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/25/2007 1:24:00 AM More reviews by Licha

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Excellent. This really is a miracle product. Here are my tips and results:

-----------------------------------FOR FACE:

-----------------------------------FOR HAIR:

-----------------------------------FOR BODY:

-----------------------------------FOR FEET:
*To refresh a pedicure, scrub nails with oil and a nail brush before showering.

--------------------------------------

23 out of 23 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/2/2007 3:09:00 PM More reviews by LouiseHourihan

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I seem to be in the minority with this, but using EVOO on my face made me break out terribly :( I was using it to remove my make-up, washing with my Dove sensitive skin bar as usual, then using a few drops of EVOO is a moisturizer. The only reason why I've given 2 lippies instead of one is that it does do a good job at removing make-up. But then again any oil would. I have combination/oily acne prone skin and I was leery about putting even more oil onto my skin. And now I see I was right to be worried. Maybe I did it wrong, I don't know.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/1/2007 6:41:00 PM More reviews by ANGELAMORGAN

I've never had what i would consider "good skin", it's combo, uneven, cool pink undertone, and the occasional breakout. After realizing that I was harming more than helping things when using harsh acne cleansers, or highly frangranced products, and avoiding moisturizing (I thought that caused the zits, lol) I began a gentle regimen of Swiss Ives Apricot Radiance Moisture Rich Cream Cleanser (MY HG)each night, gently patting my face dry, and i put my hand above the mouth of my bottle of EVOO, tip it up, rub the small amount between my palms, and smoothe it onto my face. Ive been doing this now for about 3 weeks, and I will never stop. My skin tone has improved, NO break-outs, no increased black heads, no flakies, occasionally use oil blotting papers around midday, but i did before EVOO. I glow, I'm radiant, skin is clear, and I AM TICKLED PINK!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/25/2007 11:20:00 AM More reviews by danaslc

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love olive oil. I have made the srubs with sugar. I cup of oil and just keep putting the sugar in until you like the consistency. It is a wonderful body scrub. I put it on and shower if off. For my face I use a mositurizer and top if off with olive oil and my skin is glowing the next morning. It fills in the fine lines and plumps them out. It is amazing how olive oil does not oil up your face but will sink right in. Using a moisturizer first and letting that sink into your skin and then following up with olive oil does the trick for super dry winter skin. A favorite with me for sure. I use the light olive oil and am going to try a darker oil to see how that works.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/5/2007 5:16:00 PM More reviews by Akear

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I luuuuuuuuuv EVOO. My BF was very skeptical at first, but even he notices how many uses this has :)

I put it in a different bottle to keep in the shower and I add it to my conditioner for a deep treatment. I also use it to remove my makeup and I frequently rub a few drops into my skin before bed. I also use it to shave and it is the best ever for my super dry skin. I also very, very much enjoy slathering this on my face before I get into the shower and I let the steam give me a little facial while I shower :)

rated 5 of 5 on 2/3/2007 9:37:00 PM More reviews by Miss_sensuelle

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

Olive oil is great as a moisture sealent but has no moisturizing properties. I dab a little on my damp hair after i use my leave in conditioner to keep the moisture in my locks. Using this as a foundation remover makes my makeup melt right off but it is not so great for mascara. As a facial treatment i do this mainly at night once a week and more often dring winter. I put on a good moisturizer, wait till it sinks in and glide a very tiny bit of olive oil over my face, The vitamin E in the evoo makes my skin plump and supple by morning. Using it alone on your hair or skin however without any moisturizers will dry it out since it more of a sealent because of its viscous lipid layer so be sure to put it on afterwards.

Mainly, i love this with bread and basalmic vinegar. =)

7 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 1/22/2007 2:55:00 PM More reviews by CuteSmile

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Other, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have used this at the ends of my pretty curly hair and it really makes my hair soft! I usually put it on if I'm cleaning or something and leave it on for about 30 minuets for so, then shampoo. I also use it for my nails, I try to soak them for at least 5 minuets (but I usually soak them for about 2 minuets) each hand before I go to bed and I've noticed that it really seems to help with brittle nails. Love it!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/19/2007 6:42:00 PM More reviews by JBuiltsJuicyGirl

helg writes a great review on olive oil! there are a couple of things i'd like to add that has helped me personally.

Due to a terrible allergic reaction to Benzoyl peroxide my face was bright red, itchy and burning for a terrible 3 days. My face reacted to everything i put on it (cetaphil, cortaide, aveeno, etc.). For the rest of the week the flare up dissapeared but my skin remained incredibly sensitive, rough dry and flaking. EVOO has really helped me bring moisture back into my skin. I've been using Evoo for 2 weeks since my allergic reaction and my skin has greatly improved and is better than my skin was a month ago!(the 1st week iused it as a mositurizer and as a m.u remover then for now as the latter)

As a makeup remover: it dissolves my makeup right off, but doesn't do so well for mascara, i use a different remover for this. I first wet my face and with a soaked cotton ball, swipe my entire face and let it sit for a minute then swipe it back off with a makeup removing towelette. since Evoo is very emollient i wash with a soap free cleanser. I love using this as a makeup remover because i feel that it removes every last grain of makeup from my skin. It feels like it treads deep in my pores cleansing away any last impurities.

After the purging my skins pores are noticably tighter, my skin is more hydrated and my flaking is gone and my acne scars are lighter. I love knowing EVOO is packed with antioxidants such as vitamin E while doing this. I've heard for some it took almost a month to get over flaking skin from allergic reactions so to get over it in a week makes me very happy! I have Sensitive, combination, acne prone skin and Evoo although an oil does not break me out at all.

i also use this as a moisturizing treatment: i put it on my face and body in the shower so the humidity will let it sink in and i rinse it back off. it leaves my body very smooth!

As for hair: This is absolutely amazing as a hydrating treatment. My waist length dry color treated hair feels so healthy and shiny even at the ends! *Update:* I had been reading a hair care forum and learned that EVOO is only good as a moisture sealent. If used the wrong way it will block out moisture in your hair and cause it to dry out and get very damaged. I adivse to use this as a sealent frommoisture coming out. Use this after conditioning, or a little after using your leave in consitioner but do not use AS a leave in conditioner =]

use it! it's so cheap! Def. the best kept beauty secret! continued >>

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/16/2007 7:03:00 PM More reviews by staci01

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Other, Straight, Fine Eyes: Other

Started using EVOO a couple weeks ago as a body moisturizer after I showered. I mix in a couple drops of essential oils and sometimes salt to use as a exfoliator when in the shower. I can't say enough how much I love the results I get from doing this! My skin the next morning is so soft and smooth. I've spent a ton on body lotions and creams over the years and I've never gotten results like this ever. To think I could get such great skin from something in my kitchen cupboard! UPDATE 11/1/12 Started using this on my face and loving it for that also. It sinks into my skin SO FAST it's amazing. Doesn't clog my pores or cause acne break outs. Softens fine lines and doesn't cause milia. Been using the Kirkland brand from Costco. Evoo is supposed to fade acne scars over time so we'll see. EVOO is also high in vitamin E which is great for skin. Will keep using this as long as my skin agrees with it!