October 31, 2014 | 762 users online

Moisturizers - Extra Virgin Olive Oil

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 5/2/2007 4:23:00 PM More reviews by Superhen

Being Italian and used to add olive oil to my food...it seems so strange to put it on the face !
But, one of my collegue told be about her grandmother and her habit to use olive oil on the skin and I decided to try !
I use it only on the face (since I use extra virgin, I couldn't bear that strong fragrance on all my body or hair !!) and the results are great ! I put it on, leave for some hours and then clean with a toner before going to bed. The day after skin is super soft and glowing !!! Of course I keep loving it on salads and vegetable soups ! :-P yummmm...
Ps I put some in a little bottle so that it is nicer to see in the bathroom
continued >>

rated 5 of 5 on 4/25/2007 12:44:00 AM More reviews by Orchidcurry

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I firmly believe that I got away with pregnancy and NO stretch marks due to olive oil. It was the best moisturizer on my hyper-sensitive skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/18/2007 1:51:00 AM More reviews by Mamu1

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is most worthy of its title "LIQUID GOLD"! It is my all around HG! Great for SO many things.

*Note to nursing moms: 2 Tbsp. EVOO + 8 drops lavender oil + 8 drops tea tree oil works WONDERS for sore nipples AND preventing/treating thrush.

6 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/29/2007 9:09:00 AM More reviews by xprincessxamandax

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

the more natural the better! i don't use it as a moisturizer i use it to remove my makeup and it works wonders it has made my skin alot smoother and it's super cheap

rated 5 of 5 on 3/25/2007 2:09:00 PM More reviews by Licha

------------------------------------------FOR FACE:

*To remove makeup I rub a quarter size amount on dry skin. Rinse with lukewarm water and tissue off. Works for eyemakeup - takes off everything. This leaves my skin baby soft. I've been doing this every night for just over a month and the pores on my nose and chin are almost invisible. If my skin is feeling particularly dry or stressed, I warm ONE DROP in my palms and press them over my face. In the morning I wash with my usual cleanser (Shiseido Benefiance).

------------------------------------------FOR HAIR:
*I have long, curly hair that tends to frizz. Before getting in the shower, I pour a generous amount of EVOO in my palms and smooth all over my hair and rub into my roots. I then brush my hair with a high quality natural boar brush to distribute the oil all over. I then shampoo (twice) and use my regular conditioner. I do this everytime I wash my hair. My hair is shinnier and softer and I have to use less products to prevent frizz.

-------------------------------------------FOR BODY:
*I pour a generous amount of EVOO on a high quality natural bristle body brush. Before showering (while I'm still dry), I scrub my entire body with the brush. After that I rinse with warm water and wash with soap or shower gel. This is the most amazing treatment. It evens my skin tone and makes my skin baby soft the WHOLE day. It also makes the skin on my thighs and butt look smoother. If I'm short on time, I skip the brush and just rub the oil all over my dry body before stepping in the shower. I do this 3 times a week to keep my skin soft.

--------------------------------------------FOR FEET:
*Rub oil all over dry feet. Rinse with cool water. Towel dry. I work 12 hour days in heels and this treatment leaves my feet super clean and refreshed. It also makes the skin soft around the heels.

---------------------------------------------

I buy the organic brand at my local health food store and it is a steal ($8.99) for such a luxurious and effective product. Remember, it has to be extra virgin olive oil, not regular.

69 out of 69 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

-----------------------------------FOR FEET:

--------------------------------------

23 out of 23 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/2/2007 3:09:00 PM More reviews by LouiseHourihan

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I seem to be in the minority with this, but using EVOO on my face made me break out terribly :( I was using it to remove my make-up, washing with my Dove sensitive skin bar as usual, then using a few drops of EVOO is a moisturizer. The only reason why I've given 2 lippies instead of one is that it does do a good job at removing make-up. But then again any oil would. I have combination/oily acne prone skin and I was leery about putting even more oil onto my skin. And now I see I was right to be worried. Maybe I did it wrong, I don't know.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/1/2007 6:41:00 PM More reviews by ANGELAMORGAN

I've never had what i would consider "good skin", it's combo, uneven, cool pink undertone, and the occasional breakout. After realizing that I was harming more than helping things when using harsh acne cleansers, or highly frangranced products, and avoiding moisturizing (I thought that caused the zits, lol) I began a gentle regimen of Swiss Ives Apricot Radiance Moisture Rich Cream Cleanser (MY HG)each night, gently patting my face dry, and i put my hand above the mouth of my bottle of EVOO, tip it up, rub the small amount between my palms, and smoothe it onto my face. Ive been doing this now for about 3 weeks, and I will never stop. My skin tone has improved, NO break-outs, no increased black heads, no flakies, occasionally use oil blotting papers around midday, but i did before EVOO. I glow, I'm radiant, skin is clear, and I AM TICKLED PINK!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/25/2007 11:20:00 AM More reviews by danaslc

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love olive oil. I have made the srubs with sugar. I cup of oil and just keep putting the sugar in until you like the consistency. It is a wonderful body scrub. I put it on and shower if off. For my face I use a mositurizer and top if off with olive oil and my skin is glowing the next morning. It fills in the fine lines and plumps them out. It is amazing how olive oil does not oil up your face but will sink right in. Using a moisturizer first and letting that sink into your skin and then following up with olive oil does the trick for super dry winter skin. A favorite with me for sure. I use the light olive oil and am going to try a darker oil to see how that works.