April 18, 2014 | 1241 users online

Moisturizers - Clinique - Moisture Surge Extended Thirst Relief

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 10/17/2003 12:04:00 AM More reviews by sjcrazy2000

I can't live without this stuff. I put it on before bed and wake up to a silky refreshed face.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/15/2003 5:06:00 AM More reviews by prema

I bought this last week, and have been using it every day since. My skin has been noticeably softer, although not necessarily smoother. It's always lovely to apply a gel moisturiser - cooling, and light, esp for combo skin. Have to agree with others that the jar packaging sucks, but it's definitely more worth your money to get the jar than the pump version (which i believe is Moisture Surge Light). (With pumps, you don't really ever clean out the entire bottle do you?) My quest goes on for a more affordable and effective gel moisturiser, but right now Moisture Surge Extra will do.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/14/2003 12:43:00 PM More reviews by FracksBabe

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I bought this after hearing a ton of raves, but I have to say that I am not impressed at all. I have combo-oily skin, and after putting this moisturizer on, it felt like nothing had been on it! It was cooling going on, which was nice, but then it just "evaporated" off my skin and left my face feeling tight and far from moisturized. IMO it's not worth the $31 I spent on it.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/6/2003 1:25:00 PM More reviews by ellenf

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I was truly surprised by this little item. I've been shopping for The Perfect Skin Cream and looking at $100+ formulas when I stumbled upon this one in an outlet store, for goodness sake! I dabbed it on my 44-year-old hand and before I finished selecting my purchases I noticed that the skin on that hand looked and felt noticeably better than the other, undabbed hand. My best friend and I both bought jars of Moisture Surge and slathered it on after cleansing that evening. We awoke to glorious, smooth, lovely skin the next morning. Do I normally use such glowing terms for a skincare product? Heck no! (With the exception of Murad Combination Skin Formula, I rarely find they do what they promise.) Moisture Surge is a keeper.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/2/2003 9:22:00 AM More reviews by melanier

I liked this one. I like the cooling feeling it leaves and how light the gel feels. I don't think it would work well for someone with super dry skin, but for those of you with slightly dry or combination then this would be perfect. I think the packaging is pretty although I don't like sticking my fingers in jars. I prefer bottles or tubes for moisturizers. It is more expensive than what I usually pay for skin care, but it seems to last a while.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/1/2003 10:47:00 PM More reviews by Emily430

I really like this. I have acne and have tried so many moisturizers and wasted so much money, that I just stopped using one at all. My oily skin remained, but I got the added bonus of flakies on top. I bought this because it had such an impressive ingredient list for us acne prone skin. It has worked like a dream, it actually makes my skin look good! Yes the packaging does suck, but I think it will be worth it.

By the way, everyone keeps talking about the stinging, I believe that it is the tocopheryl acetate, an antioxidant which can be an irritant for some people. I will update if I breakout, but so far so good!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/23/2003 4:07:00 PM More reviews by rlop

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is by far the best moisterizer I've ever used. Its a very lightweight gel consistency that applies very well and melts right into my face. I use this once a day and I absolutely love it. I've tried other gel moisterizers but nothing has been able to match it's cool lightweight very moisterizing properties and leave no shine residue on my face. Highly recommend. I took a point off for packaging. I feel it should come in a closed container so it doesn't lose those antioxidents that disolve when in contact with the air. Highly recommend.
Edit: Well after using my 2nd bottle I realized that this was the culprit irritating my skin. My skin was either reacting to the coloring or fragrance in the moisturizer. I loved it but cannot use anymore.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/22/2003 3:27:00 AM More reviews by mitsubachi

This pricey, lightweight gel makes my skin feel moisturized without the heaviness of my usual moisturizer (L'Oreal Pure Zone). I've been using it for about a week, and so far so good. I usually use a dab of this on each cheek, chin, and forehead - a jar of this should last me a long time (btw, I bought the large 2.5oz jar). The only thing i don't like about this is the jar container, which is why I took off one lipstick. If it were packaged in a tube (like the moisture surge extra for eyes) it would be MUCH more convenient. Even a pump would be a better container for this product. Overall, I'd say this product is great especially since I have oily skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/22/2003 12:56:00 AM More reviews by babieblush

I love this... i use it only in the morning before i apply my makeup. it makes my skin feel fresh and look great! ive been using it for over a year... the only thing is.. i go thru it quickly

rated 5 of 5 on 9/15/2003 12:35:00 PM More reviews by franw3377

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This is a very lightweight gel infused with aloe that is great for my combo/mostly oily skin. It doesn't break me out. I also like the fact that it DOESN'T contain an SPF, because I have SPF 15 in my foundation and SPF ingredients applied directly on my face often make me break out in a rash or itch like crazy. I've tried other brands, but I always come back to Moisture Surge. I like the new formula without the menthol and ginger. I only wish it came in a tube or pump bottle instead of a jar.