January 28, 2015 | 1436 users online

Pressed Powders - Rimmel - Stay Matte Pressed Powder

rated 4 of 5 on 1/2/2009 12:33:00 AM More reviews by gva7

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I got this at Wal-mart as a buy one get one free for about four bucks and I have to admit that I really like. It leaves my face matte and silky smooth for 4-5 hours. The only thing is that you have to reapply it after awhile. This product does not come in the best packaging. It is literally just a bottom pan that has a lid over it. The lid does not lock or twist so it's not very secure. I just end up putting a rubberband around mine to hold the lid in place. U find that a lot of the Rimmel face products come in that type of packaging because I have one of their blushes and it's the same deal. Overall, I like this product. It works great on me and yeah, I'd buy it again.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/1/2009 2:31:00 PM More reviews by KattyKit

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Black

I bought this in translucent to set my face when I'm done applying my minerals and everything else. I apply it with a large paddle brush. It doesn't take much. But I've also been using it to control oilies throughout the day. I love it.

Pros; It's not chalky at all, it does not get cakey or look white. It's extremely inexpensive. It controls shine for about 3 hours which amazes me. It's not broken me out in the almost year I've been using it.
Cons; It runs out pretty quickly, even if I only apply it once or twice a day. The packaging is a little strange, I'll admit, but it's not a problem. I'd thought the lid would fall of if I threw it in my purse, but it didn't.

I definitely recommend trying it at least once. It's worth it.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/27/2008 12:39:00 AM More reviews by mimix87

very good pressed powder highly recomended for oily skin, keeps skin matte and leave ur face looking really nice wihtout looking cakey. luvs it

rated 5 of 5 on 11/9/2008 12:13:00 PM More reviews by QuixoticWeetzie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Alright so the packaging is awful and should come with something to apply it, BUT this is the best pressed power I've owned. Before this I was using Cover Girl and it was useless. This powder controls any shine I get throughout the day and makes my pores nearly invisible. It's great stuff.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/3/2008 5:09:00 AM More reviews by squeex

This stuff is pretty damn cheap--I bought it for under $6 cdn. I think it's really quite good. It doesn't look cakey at all. If I put on too much though, I can look a little "dead" in the face. But after about half-an-hour that goes away. Even though I am pretty fair, this colour might be slightly too light for me--maybe that's why I look too pale at times. I still think it's one of the best powders I've tried for the price though. The best part is that it definitely does not break me out. It controls shine okay, but I have to touch-up within 4 hours.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/1/2008 3:43:00 PM More reviews by jdawes

I've been using this powder for a LONG time now. You can't beat the value. I use a powder brush with it. I love it.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/29/2008 11:30:00 PM More reviews by smartie26

I love love LOVE this pressed powder. It's the only one I ever purchase. Although the packaging isn't the most convenient to tote around... it's well worth the price of below $5! I find that it doesn't really control my oily skin as well as I'd hoped it would - I use Proactiv oil blotting sheets to control my shine throughout the day.

I soley use this powder to set my tinted moisturizer in the morning, and to dust on top of any spots I cover up with conceiler. I dust it all over my face with a big fluffy brush. It's the only powder that's so finely milled it appears to have an airbrushed effect and noticibly reduce (or fill in?) any visible pores.

Will definately buy again! =) =)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/28/2008 3:56:00 AM More reviews by winterfairy

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

Excelent product for that price. It matches quite well and doesn't look cakey or chalking. I use it over my foundation or wear it alone. Mattifying power is average, but I haven't yet found a product that will control shine of my T-zone for more than 3 hours, so maybe I'm not the right person to judge... The only (and big) letdown is the packaging. Cheap looking, unpractical and the lid would break eventually one day. But I will rebuy. EDIT: I'll change it to 5 lippies - the product itself is excelent and deserves 5+, inspite awful packagin

rated 5 of 5 on 10/26/2008 6:55:00 PM More reviews by xchristinex

My HG blot powder. I have oily skin and this holds back shine for about 2-3 hours without re-application. I love it. I never realized it had a scent untill i read the review on MUA. I think the smell is pleasant and you can't smell it unless you stick your nose near the powder, otherwise it's unnoticeable. I have asian skin and I bought this in Sandstorm. It matches quite well and doesn't look cakey or chalking. I dust this over my foundation or wear it alone of casual days. I also noticed through looking at it closely, it has a very small amount of shimmer which was surprising to me because I never noticed it before. The only down side, as said already, is the packaging. The lid comes off effortlessly, in a bad way. If you were to put this in your purse, there is a possibility it would open up in your bag. Although, this DOES come with a lot of product for $5-6 CDN. I would definitely rebuy.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/24/2008 5:45:00 PM More reviews by sephora765

this really is a great product to set your make-up with, it keeps shine away for about 4 hours and gives that extra coverage (sheer) on top of your foundation. I got this on sale, but i would definitly buy it again. comparable to MAC blot powder.