Rimmel Stay Matte Pressed Powder

3.8

TALC,MAGNESIUM STEARATE, POLYETHYLENE, PETROLATUM, PHENYL TRIMETHICONE, DIMETHICONE, POLYBUTENE, ISOSTEARYL NEOPENTANOATE, ETHYLHEXYL METHOXYCINNAMATE, TOCOPHERYL ACETATE, METHYLPARABEN, COCOS NUCIFERA, PARAFFINUM LIQUIDUM, PROPYLPARABEN, PARFUM, ALOE BARBADENSIS, BHT, BUTYLPHENYL METHYLPROPIONAL, BENZYL SALICYLATE, CITRONELLOL, HEXYL CINNAMAL, HYDROXYISOHEXYL 3-CYCLOHEXENE CARBOXALDEHYDE, LINALOOL, BUTYLPARABEN. [ /- MICA, CI 77891, CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499, CI 77007].

on 5/26/2009 11:41:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

While browsing the wal-mart beauty aisles I came across this pressed powder. I have oily skin & often struggle with shine especially during the summer. Therefore, when I saw this powder was supposed to keep your skin matte I definitely wanted to try it out. I got the translucent shade which is perfect for me cause i only wanted to use it to set my makeup & not add any more color to my face. I dusted it on with a large powder brush & was quite happy with how well it kept the oilies at bay. The price is great ($4) for a large amount of product. Only thing that stinks is the packaging like others have said. That is why I took 1 lippie off. The screw on lid does not stayed screwed on & could pop off quite easily causing a powder disaster. In order to avoid that happening, I have had to rubber band it when carrying it in my makeup bag. A pain in the butt for sure. If Rimmel could put this product in a snap closure compact then it would be a 5-star product easily.

on 5/24/2009 1:46:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I've recently finished my MAC sheer powder, but it was too expensive for me to buy again considering how fast I go through powders. So I decided to try Rimmel Stay Matte powder. I bought this in Sandstorm (I think that's what it's called?). I don't mind the packaging too much since my makeup bag is pretty packed, so nothing get's spilled out. But for others who like to throw stuff straight into their bags, this packaging is no good. The cover doesn't even screw tight at all so you could possibly end up with a powder covered purse.

When I opened the package though, I did notice there is some shimmer/glitter to this powder. I hate shimmer on any makeup, so I was a little dissapointed initially. But when I applied it onto my face, I didn't see any shimmers on my skin, so I guess it's alright. Previous drug store powders that I've tried always make me turn orange like an oompa loompa by noon time. I was super stoked when I looked in the mirror and it didn't appear orange at all. Not one bit.

The only complain I have is the light fragrance smell this has. Hence the one lippie off. But it's bearable, so I would definitely recommand and buy this product again considering it's inexpensive, goes on smoothly, and doesn't turn orange. It hasn't broken me out so far either. (I'm super sensitive)

on 5/10/2009 1:29:00 PM

To start off with, the colour for my skin tone was a perfect pale, therefore I could apply as much powder as I wanted without the fear of worrying about weather I was turning orange.
It made all my make-up stay in place and gave a lovely finish.
To be it simply, It did what it said on the tin

I absolutely adore this powder. The reasons are fairly simple: the powder goes on smooth and provides me with matte finish. My face obtains that porcelain-doll appearance - perfect and flawless day in and day out! However, one of the main disadvantages that this does not come in a compact form! I do think it would be ever so convenient if it did, so that I could carry it around without being afraid that it might transform my vanity into a huge mess by the time of my arrival!

this is one of my favourite pressed powders, especially for the price.
It goes on well and is light enough that even when wearing over foundation i dont feel like im wearing a tonne of makeup.
The only downside is i dont think the packaging is overly durable, ive had a few break whilst carrying them around in my makeup bag, which is an annoyance when you come to find all your over makeup covered in powder.

But overall a great product

on 4/28/2009 12:13:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

A Wal-Mart special! this is my standby pressed powder- i love the way it mattifies my skin...the staying power is a plus, too. The packaging, however, could be improved, as it comes with no sponge, puff, or mirror. It's annoying to have to uncap it; it should really be made into a compact to make handling/application easier. Other than that, I love this powder

on 4/23/2009 1:11:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral

This is such a good value for what you get. It is a very effective powder that controls oil throughout the day. I put this on over my foundation in the morning. If this was in a fancy package and sold at high end stores, it would cost more than 4 times the cost. The package is not that nice, but I don't mind because it's what's inside that counts.

on 4/22/2009 11:22:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

My HG pressed powder!
I bring this to school, and I love it!
It's great after P.E, it soaks up the oil great!
I have this in 005 Sliky Beige and it matches my skin great! It makes my skin glow! And minimizes my pores as well!
Must buy!

on 4/21/2009 3:00:00 PM

For years now I have tended to steer clear of Rimmel's makeup products mainly b/c when they came out I wasn't impressed with a lot of the products I tried (ie. eyeshadows, mascara etc). So when I was looking for a new powder I checked MUA and this one kept coming up so I picked it up on sale for $3 at my local drugstore.
This is by far the best drugstore pressed powder out there right now. I cannot believe the quality of it and how well it sits on your skin. 5 hour coverage is a stretch, but when it goes on, it goes on smooth and holds well and controls shine well. Totally worth the hype. continued >>

on 4/18/2009 2:10:00 AM

I think this is a great product. Yes, it doesn't deliver what it says it can, "shine free up to 5 hrs" but it still does a pretty good job, this is the first product I've found that controls my oily skin. It has definitely become a staple product for me. My only complaint would be the packaging...if it came in a compact w/ mirror, my life would be much easier.

Video Reviews & Tutorials