Rimmel Stay Matte Pressed Powder

3.8

TALC,MAGNESIUM STEARATE, POLYETHYLENE, PETROLATUM, PHENYL TRIMETHICONE, DIMETHICONE, POLYBUTENE, ISOSTEARYL NEOPENTANOATE, ETHYLHEXYL METHOXYCINNAMATE, TOCOPHERYL ACETATE, METHYLPARABEN, COCOS NUCIFERA, PARAFFINUM LIQUIDUM, PROPYLPARABEN, PARFUM, ALOE BARBADENSIS, BHT, BUTYLPHENYL METHYLPROPIONAL, BENZYL SALICYLATE, CITRONELLOL, HEXYL CINNAMAL, HYDROXYISOHEXYL 3-CYCLOHEXENE CARBOXALDEHYDE, LINALOOL, BUTYLPARABEN. [ /- MICA, CI 77891, CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499, CI 77007].

on 8/16/2009 10:54:00 PM

i love this..it stops the foundation giving a shine and it stays on the skin for a reasonable amount of time.i would not buy anything else.

on 8/9/2009 9:25:00 PM

My skin was oily until I started using Clinique, but my skin was still shiny. I don't need a lot of coverage, and this gets rid of the shine and makes my skin look smooth. I like it.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

A great powder!! Doesn't offer coverage but DOES offer oil control. Seems to almost absorb the oil before it manifests itself as shine on my face.

on 8/9/2009 5:30:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I'm rating this as an oil-control product and not as a foundation, as some people have been considering it. I don't expect coverage from this. The oil-control is great though! It makes my skin appear much smoother and matte. Before I used this, my noise (my problem area) was always oily and broke out all the time (I'm 16). I can't remember the last time I haven't had a zit on my nose (before I purchased this). Now my nose very rarely gets breakouts because it isn't oily with this on. I stopped using it in the summer because I didn't put on makeup every day, and my nose started breaking out again. I used it everyday after that, and my nose was fine. I will continue to buy this <3

(EDIT) This lasted me several hours, but NYC translucent powder kept me matte all day. I didn't know face powder had that kind of potential. I'm docking one lippie because there is a cheaper, better alternative

on 8/9/2009 4:53:00 PM

Wonderful setting powder! True to its name, it stays matte and doesn't cake or look chalky on me. I like this better than my LG oil blotting powder, and that's saying a lot. It performs better and lasts longer at one-fifth the price. Thank you, MUA recessionistas extradinaire! Makeup shopping would be bewildering without you.

on 8/9/2009 4:31:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

One word - FANTASTIC! I can not believe I've spent the $$ on Chanel and MAC powder when this gem was sitting at Walmart all along and $4 to boot! I just blot this baby on and I'm good. NO breakouts and really helps with my shine as I am very oily. I am impressed and will continue to buy until Rimmel no longer sells it!

After researching on the best pressed powders out there, I have decided to purchase the most cheapest product and make up company I have never used before. Risky, hell yes :) I have oily skin and usually no matter what I use on my skin, my face gets very oily after a few hours and nothing seems to keep it looking shine free. I usually never settle down for drugstore brands as they never live up to their standards and end up purchasing high end make up brands. After doing my homework on pressed powders, I went off and bought this product for a very cheap price :) the packaging is very simple and doesnt come with a mirror or an applicator. This wasent a problem as I prefer to use my own make up brushes and it is cheap so I wasent expecting alot. The colour selection also looked good as there was a choice to match your skin perfectly. I purchased the 001 (transparent) as I just wanted something to battle with my shiny t-zone. I applied this powder after my tinted moisturizer with a kabuki brush. It covered my pores well and gave me a much more flawless look. It doesn't feel heavy on the skin and my skin can still breath which is a bonus for me. I cant tell how well this powder would control my oily skin but so far im amazed on how good it looks, how cheap it is and it actually is better than a high end pressed powder I have used before :) something like dior? I will update in a few days the lasting power of this and how well it keeps the skin looking matte. X

UPDATE: After applying this powder for a few days and seeing what it is really like, I must say that Im not really impressed. I have oily skin and it doesn't keep my skin looking matte for long. I would say it keeps it looking shine free for around two hours :( and then I would have to re-apply which is a pain and makes me look abit done up then. Im not sure if my tinted moisturizer is making my skin look this oily but at the moment I wouldnt say that this powder is HG.

on 8/8/2009 12:51:00 AM

I'm a fair-to-medium-skinned Eastern Asian and I got this in Sandstorm (004), though I think Silky Beige (005) may have been a better match.

This powder might work for some people, but it definitely doesn't work for me. I have dry, flaky, sensitive skin, and this further aggravated it. However, I give it 3 lippies for giving medium (but not very buildable) coverage and for staying put.

Edit: I mixed some alcohol and glycerin into it (actually, I put hand sanitizer in it because I had to mix in some other pressed powder that broke), and it doesn't dry out my skin as much. Do this at your own risk, though! The powder actually became finer.

on 8/7/2009 7:16:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Chalky, if you apply too much.
Blocks shine for a reasonable amount of time.
Packaging can be annoying for on the go touch-ups.

on 8/5/2009 5:38:00 PM

This is a great matte powder -- very flattering finish and perfect for touch ups or to use as a light powder foundation. But I had to take a lippie off for the packaging -- a pressed powder in non-compact form and without a mirror is a pain in the ass to use easily. Fortunately these are cheap enough that I have them stashed everywhere: one in my desk drawer, one in my handbag, one in my makeup kit at home, etc. Just be sure to stash a mirror and a puff or brush when you try this.