July 30, 2014 | 1376 users online

Pressed Powders - Rimmel - Stay Matte Pressed Powder

rated 4 of 5 on 6/11/2006 11:20:00 PM More reviews by my_moomoo

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Okay, the packaging sucks (no mirror and the lid falls off easily). But what do you expect it's only $5 CDN. It is not a finely milled powder but it is still smooth and stays in place. My skin is matte for at least 5-6 hours without touch up. As for the colours- it's limited so some might not be able to fine their shade. Also, I think this powder is better applied with a brush because the puff tends to get uneven amount of powder and the face ends up having oily and matte spots. This is a good powder to try but I am not going to repurchase it just yet because I wanna try something else.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/20/2006 1:40:00 AM More reviews by monkeymoogle

pressed powder information - The powder is meant to control shine for up to five hours, and give a natural matte finish while minimizing the appearance of pores. It's also been dermatologically tested.

impressions - I've been using this powder for over a month now, along with Maybelline's Shine Free liquid foundation. It does just as it claims - it controls shine for roughly five hours, and for me it's usually over that. My pores do look minimized in normal lighting. It also feels nice and doesn't tighten my skin, and the colour blends very well (I'm using 001 Transparent). However, either it or the liquid foundation I'm using causes my skin to break out in small irritation pimples. Also, this is not a powder you'd want to carry around with you in your purse - the cover does not twist on or stick well, and would most likely fall off if tipped over. You'll also want to buy a brush or puff to apply the powder - it doesn't come with anything. Still, for the price (under $5!) it's a pretty good powder. continued >>

rated 5 of 5 on 5/7/2006 4:48:00 PM More reviews by Aurifera

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Other

After my Physician's Formula ran out, I didn't want to wait for it to go on sale again. I got Rimmel's decidedley un-pricey powder instead. The packaging is lame, but the product itself is worth more than it costs. It's great for setting makeup, and keeps my nose from turning oily. "Stay matte" stays true to its name and claim. It's also finely milled and provides some coverage, so I can always swipe some on if I don't quite feel the need for foundation. Highly reccomended!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/29/2006 7:51:00 PM More reviews by rossjen

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Holy Grail. I use this in the summer when I don't want to wear foundation. For being a pressed powder, it is very finely milled when I brush over it with my cheapie drugstore powder brush. It covers my multitude of skin woes and redness wonderfully without the masky and cakey look. I doubt most powder foundations out there can beat the coverage of this. I've never had a bad reaction either, and will always buy it. Excellent quality for the rediculously cheap price tag.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/6/2006 3:15:00 PM More reviews by x_glitzy_girl_x

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I like this powder, It's perfect for mid-day touch ups or to set my make-up. It feels very silky and smooth on my skin with tends to get a bit oily. I am moderatly fair, a clinique 'neutral' in their powders and the shade 'silky beige' is good for me in the summer. My only complaint is the lid dosent always stay on. An overall great product, will definatly re-purchase when I run out.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/12/2006 6:45:00 PM More reviews by Lividity

I first bought this powder when I had first heard of Rimmel. I was on the hunt for a powder for a decent price that wouldn't break my bank account, and this powder looked like it might do the job. The color itself looked like it would be a very close match to my own skintone, and there seemed to be a pretty ample amount of it, so I decided that I would take a risk and buy this powder.
When I applied it to my face, it looked like I had grabbed a piece of chalk and wiped it all over my face. I did use the powder up, but I most definitely did not repurchase this product.
I my suggestion is to save your money, and buy something better!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/24/2005 10:24:00 AM More reviews by xrockette

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I really like this, the powder is so finely milled that it almost feels creamy and the color match and coverage is pretty good. I also really love the big mirror and packaging but this has no lasting power at all. Otherwise, I love everything else about it, especially since it doesn't break me out either.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/11/2005 10:50:00 AM More reviews by fivezero

It's quite a good powder at its price point, but I wouldn't buy this again. I would prefer to pay more for a more finely-milled powder. I got the powder in Translucent, and it sort of just sits there on top of my skin. I also don't care for the screw top package, preferring compacts, but the large diameter of the pan is very handy for using with a powder brush. Worth it if it works for you.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/9/2005 11:40:00 PM More reviews by MonicaRockvilleMD

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

101 Porcelain:
I would give this TEN lippies if I could. It matches perfectly my skin color, which is no small feat...(very pale olive with yellow undertones).

The powder goes on very smooth, is very fine milled, not heavy or cakey, yet the coverage is medium to heavy. I watched all my skin imperfections disappear before my eyes! Recently I went to a wedding and started to sweat profusely. I patted dry my face and the rest of my make up stayed on!! Container opens easily and stays shut very well. Although I am grateful to Rimmel for including a mirror and a nice sponge applicator, I wish the compact was a tiny bit smaller. continued >>

rated 2 of 5 on 10/6/2005 4:42:00 PM More reviews by suedeskin

I bought the color "sand 002" which is actually pretty dark/orangey. I found that my super oily skin became oily again after about an hour or two, so it actually was not that matte for my skin. However, the price is great and I like the packaging. I would probably not buy again.