October 21, 2014 | 1152 users online

Pressed Powders - Rimmel - Stay Matte Pressed Powder

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/28/2007 2:46:00 PM More reviews by organizer

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

fabulous product!! i have very oily skin, use a long-wearing foundation then add this powder in translucent. i blot w/blotting papers during the day and touch up once w/this powder. ive tried several and this one by far is the best, its not cakey and doesnt 'sit' on my skin. and the price is right. i went out and bought 3 more, travel bag, purse, and desk.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/24/2007 5:57:00 AM More reviews by hotpeenk

i'm on my 2nd one, both in 'transparent'. it's a nice, simple, cheap powder that does the job. i don't mind the non-compact packaging, as i only use it with a big brush to set my makeup. it keeps my t-zone non oily. a staple for me.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/20/2007 4:50:00 AM More reviews by JMWT

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Other, Cool Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I was not particularly impressed with this pressed powder. I found it gave a very cakey finish on skin, no matter how little I applied. It did not give long lasting shine control even though it claims to control oil for up to 5 hours.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/13/2007 8:08:00 PM More reviews by Wuzzo

I started out as a Rimmel Girl decades ago in the UK, when it was sold in the typical "Chemist" shop. How times have changed! Buying the Stay Matte powder was like taking a step back in time, even the packaging is similar. I keep this product in my purse for touch-ups during the day. It is defintely transparent and doesn't cake up, no matter how many times I apply it. Unfortunately, I have to apply it often as I have very oily skin and nothing seems to control it. No puff or sponge is provided, this is a bare bones pressed powder with no frills. I would have given it a 4, but the packaging really is rather basic and likely to break or crack.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/12/2007 5:12:00 AM More reviews by tartina

Wow. I have been spending way too much money on uppity powders for years now. This is an amazing lightweight, good coverage powder that doesnt get cakey, doesnt turn orange and looks great! Much better than MAC, and most others for that matter.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/28/2007 7:50:00 PM More reviews by apocalypso

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Silver, Other, Other Eyes: Violet

I bought this in transparent 001 and it pretty much does what it claims to do. It's a nice, cheap powder to take shine off. The packaging isn't the greatest as it is not a traditional compact. Despite this, I don't have any problems with the package not staying closed. It doesn't come with a mirror or puff but since it is transparent, I don't really need a mirror to apply it. It does have a slight scent to it (kind of like bar soap), and I'm generally very sensitive to smells but this didn't bother me at all.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/27/2007 5:25:00 PM More reviews by bedhead19

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

love this powder. not noticeable after i set my m/u, blends into my pale skin sealessly.

the packaging sucks. the lid doesn't stay on ever and you can't really put a good puff in with it since the compact is so thin. and it really isn't much of a compact, it has a plastic screw on lid that hasn't cauht the threading since i got it.

i love the powder. i'm glad it was onsale and i tried it. don't be lured into the stay mattter powder foundation though. these products are nothing alike...AT ALL.

i am very pale, ppp, blue eyes dark brown hair.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/13/2007 10:10:00 PM More reviews by Brandyc

This is a place to review the pressed powder in transparent.. why do some reviewers add reviews for foundation, or other colors, etc. That just confuses things here. This looks to be as good as the Mac transparent powder that I used to use.. if it's cakey your using too much. Take a loose powder brush, dust it off and lightly go over the shine areas.. you will get a natural look that way.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/19/2007 9:22:00 PM More reviews by odanit

I am Asian and have a slightly tanned complexion, oily T-zone, some discolouration here and there. I have this in Sandstorm. I really like the texture of this powder as it doesn't look powdery on my skin. It actually does what it claims - has excellent oil control and longevity (yes, 5 hours indeed). However, I do have a few problems with this powder:

1. The colour matches my skin pretty well, however I do find it becomes darker / orange-y an hour after application.
2. The perfume-y scent bothers me.
3. The packaging is not practical and is cheap quality.
4. The quantity you get is actually a lot less than it seems. I have hit the bottom of the pan after a month which surprised me because the pan seemed a lot deeper when in actuality it is very shallow. This is misleading when you purchase the product, thinking you are getting a LOT of powder when really you are getting the same or even less product than in a generic compact.

I will no longer repurchase this because I am now hooked on mineral makeup! Right now, I am using Physicians Formula Mineral Loose Powder in Buff Beige which significantly matches my skin better and doesn't have an annoying scent. However, shine control is not as good as Stay Matte powder.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/7/2007 8:59:00 PM More reviews by missteejay

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I really like how this product covers and goes on,
BUT
If you have any kind of concealer on under a liquid foundation the powder just seems to highlight the concealer.

I don't use concealer very often and this powder is especially good for the price.

I will buy this product again.