Rimmel Stay Matte Pressed Powder

3.8

TALC,MAGNESIUM STEARATE, POLYETHYLENE, PETROLATUM, PHENYL TRIMETHICONE, DIMETHICONE, POLYBUTENE, ISOSTEARYL NEOPENTANOATE, ETHYLHEXYL METHOXYCINNAMATE, TOCOPHERYL ACETATE, METHYLPARABEN, COCOS NUCIFERA, PARAFFINUM LIQUIDUM, PROPYLPARABEN, PARFUM, ALOE BARBADENSIS, BHT, BUTYLPHENYL METHYLPROPIONAL, BENZYL SALICYLATE, CITRONELLOL, HEXYL CINNAMAL, HYDROXYISOHEXYL 3-CYCLOHEXENE CARBOXALDEHYDE, LINALOOL, BUTYLPARABEN. [ /- MICA, CI 77891, CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499, CI 77007].

on 3/11/2009 9:48:00 PM

I really like this product. It keeps everything in place and it's a good price. I would buy again!

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I love this powder!! I just don't like the packaging but other then that I will definetly buy this again!

on 2/28/2009 9:46:00 PM

Color: I have this in transparent, so no color
Texture: Very smooth and blendable
Finish: Not cakey at all, absorbs oil pretty well, not for a long time but it makes my skin looks polished
Packaging: No brush or mirror, I like this kind of packaging because you get a lot more product
Value: Very good, it's ~$5 and it's a great powder
Overall: I would recommend it to anyone with oily skin to set your makeup or touch up during the day, it's a very natural-looking powder, you cannot tell if anything's even on your face, other than the fact that the oil is gone =]

on 2/28/2009 4:29:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral

I like this! I have the sandstorm. I am impressed how well this controls my oil and it sets my makeup well. Gives a nice sheer finish. And the best part is it's so cheap. The container is kind of cheap but it's what's inside that counts. Why spend alot when you don't have too!

on 2/28/2009 4:08:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Finally, a product that can keep my oil at bay for more than an hour! I have tried it all; Estee Lauder, Maybelline, Make Up Forever, Sephora and the list goes on. Even with a good primer, the oil on my face is way too powerful. Well, after reading the okay reviews of this product, I decided to test it out. I'm not too fond of the packaging, since there is no application sponge and I always end up dropping the lid. The powder itself was all right, it exaggerated my pores slightly. Working at a restaurant, I am always running around, busing tables, dealing with people, etc, etc. After about 3 hours, I go to the bathroom to check up on my face and it is still slightly matte, which impressed me. This product also helped my concealer stay in place, on top of all of my acne scars. My biggest complaint is that my pores looked huge. Overall, I am still satisfied with the oil control for a drug store product.

on 2/6/2009 5:42:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure

I got this at a BOGOF sale along with the Lasting Foundation and I love it. Even paying the full price, it's only like 3 or 4 bucks at CVS so it's ridiculously cheap but it's a lot better at keeping you matte than other pricier powders. I have it in Sandstorm and although it's not a perfect match, it's still in an acceptable range cuz it's pretty sheer over foundation. There are only three color choices- Beige, Sandstorm, and Translucent- so I don't think everyone can use it. I've always been wary of "translucent" powders cuz they never are- they just give you that weird ghosty color. I'm really starting to like Rimmel products (never gave it a second glance before cuz their advertisements kinda suck) and at that quality and that price, I don't think there's a better powder out there for us Drugstore MU users.

Oh yeah. The lid seems like it would fall off at any point, but it's stayed on for me. Of course, I don't really carry it everywhere with me so I don't really know how it'd far in a purse. The pan's diameter is generous, even if the height of the pan is a little shallow. Still, it's super cheap. Buy it!

on 2/1/2009 9:30:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I'm not wild about the packaging on this product, but it does wonders to get rid of shine!

on 2/1/2009 3:18:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

I love this powder! I've been using it for probably about 7 or so years now.

I have very dry skin in the winter and it doesn't look cakey at all. It's very natural looking and you can't beat the price. The only con is the packaging; I wish it had a mirror.

Works surprisingly very well for drugstore powder!! Definitely comparable to MAC Blot Powder. I prefer using this for touch ups over other pressed powders because it does not cake up. It works very well to mattify my skin and really shrinks the look of my pores!! Really controlled my oily skin very well for a few hours without getting cakey. It also doesn't turn chalky white like most "transparent" powders. A great find, comparable to higher-end products!!

on 1/21/2009 11:34:00 AM

i love this powder =) since i have oily skin this product actually works for me=) it makes my skin stay matte =) <3 mine is almost finished now...n i'm definitely getting a new one =P
xoxo