Cetaphil Daily Facial Cleanser (Normal to Oily Skin)

3.5

Water, Sodium Lauroyl Sarcosinate, Acrylates/Steareth-20 Methacrylate Copolymer(thickening agent), Glycerin, PEG-200 Hydrogenated Glyceryl Palmate, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Butylene Glycol(preservative, PEG-7 Glyceryl Cocoate, Phenoxyethanol, Masking Fragrance, Panthenol, PEG-60 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Disodium EDTA, Methylparaben.

on 11/27/2004 12:33:00 AM

My dream cleanser! For years I was using harsh cleansers because I thought that's what I needed to do for my oily/acne skin. Until I read all the raves on skin board about Cetaphil and I finally gave it a try. I am glad I did! My skin is soft and the plus side it has help cut down on my breakouts! I use this morning and night to cleanse my face. It doesn't dry out my skin but does seem to dry up my acne! I also use this to remove my eye m/u and never causes a problem for sensitive eys. It even remove waterproof mascara.

on 11/25/2004 8:10:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

My friend Liz turned me on to Cetaphil, although I have heard of it before. It works awesome with my Combo skin. It takes off all the makeup and crap off my face and it leaves it soft and smooth. Love it!

on 11/22/2004 4:43:00 PM

Was looking for a gentle cleanser I could use during the dry cold winter months. Okay this is not exactly Cetaphil rave but I have tried it and it works for me. Then I bought the a popular discount store knockoff because it was four bucks cheaper- same ingredients except that its a clear gel. it works just fine on my now combo winter skin. How stupid do I feel for paying anywhere 20 to
nearly thirty bucks for cleansers all these years to calm my acne prone skin down? Very.

on 11/18/2004 1:58:00 PM

This burns my face! The minute I put it on my face felt like I was having a hot flash. It stung and itched for a while; then stopped. I will not re-purchase. The package is acceptable and the pump is hygeinic. I dont mind the smell. If it just didn't burn!

on 10/31/2004 11:57:00 PM

This is a totally worthless product. It made me break out like crazy. Of course dermatologists recommend this - it sends more business their way! Don't use this product unless you're attempting to make a fashion statement with a face full of zits!

on 10/28/2004 12:23:00 PM

altough this *might* be a so so cleanser, the SMELL....ugh!
the fragrance in this is SO strong, & in my opinion does not smell good either. stronger than some perfumes I have smelled!

on 10/26/2004 1:44:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure

I was looking for an relatively inexpensive cleanser and thought this would be a good one. I have very oily skin and it took two washings before my skin felt clean. My skin also broke out after using this. It did not work for me!

on 10/26/2004 1:32:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Ugghh. Liked this initially, but after a few weeks, this has proven to be so harsh and stripping on my skin. It is literally like washing your face with detergent. I have had great success with the original cleanser and the cream from Cetaphil, but this one is such a disappointment. I will stick to the unfragranced products for my sensitive skin.

on 10/24/2004 2:51:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

This cleanser is the only thing that finally calmed down my freaking out skin. It got rid of all my breakouts (I was getting a new breakout every day) and has left it the most clear it has ever been. I don't mind the price either since I've spent three times this amount at the department stores and they didn't do the job. I find it takes all my makeup off when I use a facial brush with it to lightly exfoliate. My definite HG!!!

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

This cleanser works wonderfully on my normal to oily, acne-prone skin. It cleans all of the dirt, oil, and makeup off; doesn't leave a film like the original cetaphil; doesn't irritate my skin at all; and leaves my skin feeling really soft and nice.

I kind of like the scent, although it's not spectacular.

After reading other negative reviews, I'd say this probably will only work if you actually have normal to oily skin, like it is intended for.