December 18, 2014 | 1734 users online

Cleansers - Cetaphil - Daily Facial Cleanser (Normal to Oily Skin)

rated 2 of 5 on 8/11/2004 4:28:00 PM More reviews by Ecstacez

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This product had the potential to be great but it stung my skin SO much. I've never before felt anything like it; I was on the verge of tears! The only reason it got 3 lippies is cos it thoroughly cleanses, leaves no greasy residue behind and makes my skin soft after drying it off. The stinging/burning sensation is honestly unbearable, and my skin isn't even all that sensitive! I definetly will not buy this again.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/4/2004 12:40:00 PM More reviews by blue_eyez

I have been using this cleanser for about 5 weeks (t-zone skin) and have had major breakouts along my jawline and chin where I've never had acne before. I haven't discontinued using this cleanser YET, but I have a feeling that is the reason my skin is having problems. I just went to the derm to get a glycolic acid solution and antibiotic pills and she recommended continuing with Cetaphil....however, I am still seeing no improvement. Maybe the fragrance is causing the raucous! I'll keep you posted. UPDATE: I've stopped using Cetaphil and noticed a huge improvement in my skin. I now use Clear Logix Daily Oil Fighting Wash and it is doing amazing things for my combo/acne prone skin. Whatever ingredient that is in Cetaphil must've been reacting with my skin in a bad way.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/2/2004 12:23:00 AM More reviews by susanhebert97

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I am pleased with this cleanser. I tried it out when my overly oily face got ten times worse. It did the impossible and dried out most of the oils off my nose and chin. I am in love. I don't use this everyday now because after using it for a couple days in a row it dried out the crease in between my nose and upper lip to the point of causing sores. I still love it though, because it does help prevent the oily build up.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/25/2004 2:53:00 PM More reviews by TopNote

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

A nice skin cleanser. A clear liquid that works great to remove excess facial oil and makeup without overdrying. It doesn't lather much though. Also I wish it was fragance free. It has a 70's type flowery scent that is really unnecessary. I do like the pump bottle. Other than that, its worth a try.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/20/2004 10:53:00 AM More reviews by sunshinewonder

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Much cheaper than my favorite cleanser (Lancome Gel Clarte) and works just fine for me. I don't usually mind the smell of products but I don't like this one, though I can live with it. It's inexpensive enough that I use it on my back and decolette too. I have found it clearing for my oily/acne prone skin. Others here have not had such luck, so it seems to be a hit or miss product. I still miss my Lancome though.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/12/2004 11:11:00 PM More reviews by achat

non-drying??? NO ! leaves a gross film thats so hard to wash off. and i have to wask my face twice with this b4 my toner soaked cotton ball shows clean. trying to finish it off by using it as a body wash. cant believe galderma would make n sell sucha product.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/6/2004 7:16:00 PM More reviews by Deandra

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I was on a trip, forgot to pack my Paula's Choice cleanser, and had to buy a drugstore cleanser to get through the weekend. This cleanser is okay. It does wash off the makeup, and does not overdry my combination skin. However, the shampooey smell is overwhelming, and makes the experience of face-washing slightly unpleasant. So I will keep this around for emergencies, or for washing out some of my brushes, but I still prefer these cleansers: Paula's Choice Skin Balancing Cleanser and Eucerin Gentle Hydrating.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/6/2004 6:12:00 PM More reviews by Jodie_h_98

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Normally, these "gentle" cleansers don't remove makeup well enough for me (and I have to wash twice), but this really does the trick without overdrying; I'm impressed! The pump dispenser is great, and the price is certainly right. The only drawback is that this stuff is quite heavily scented -- I like the scent, but this is surprising for a company that's promoted as being beneficial for those with sensitive skin. UPDATE: After using this consistently for a week, my skin is really dry & irritated enough to keep me up at night... I'm turning this bottle into laundry detergent.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/30/2004 5:59:00 PM More reviews by TXIRISH

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is my basic standby cleanser. Gentle yet effective, low foaming cleanser that doesn't dry out my skin. Need to wash twice in order to wash off all makeup. Easy to find and decently priced. Love the pump (I hate fiddling with caps).

rated 2 of 5 on 6/30/2004 4:41:00 PM More reviews by starfire11

I did not like this product. I had accidentally bought it, thinking it was the normal Cetaphil gentle cleanser. It was tremendously overdrying, and I have combination skin. It made my skin somewhat flaky and feel really tight. I would definitely not buy this product again.