November 27, 2014 | 1524 users online

Cleansers - Cetaphil - Daily Facial Cleanser (Normal to Oily Skin)

rated 4 of 5 on 7/20/2004 10:53:00 AM More reviews by sunshinewonder

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Much cheaper than my favorite cleanser (Lancome Gel Clarte) and works just fine for me. I don't usually mind the smell of products but I don't like this one, though I can live with it. It's inexpensive enough that I use it on my back and decolette too. I have found it clearing for my oily/acne prone skin. Others here have not had such luck, so it seems to be a hit or miss product. I still miss my Lancome though.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/12/2004 11:11:00 PM More reviews by achat

non-drying??? NO ! leaves a gross film thats so hard to wash off. and i have to wask my face twice with this b4 my toner soaked cotton ball shows clean. trying to finish it off by using it as a body wash. cant believe galderma would make n sell sucha product.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/6/2004 7:16:00 PM More reviews by Deandra

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I was on a trip, forgot to pack my Paula's Choice cleanser, and had to buy a drugstore cleanser to get through the weekend. This cleanser is okay. It does wash off the makeup, and does not overdry my combination skin. However, the shampooey smell is overwhelming, and makes the experience of face-washing slightly unpleasant. So I will keep this around for emergencies, or for washing out some of my brushes, but I still prefer these cleansers: Paula's Choice Skin Balancing Cleanser and Eucerin Gentle Hydrating.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/6/2004 6:12:00 PM More reviews by Jodie_h_98

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Normally, these "gentle" cleansers don't remove makeup well enough for me (and I have to wash twice), but this really does the trick without overdrying; I'm impressed! The pump dispenser is great, and the price is certainly right. The only drawback is that this stuff is quite heavily scented -- I like the scent, but this is surprising for a company that's promoted as being beneficial for those with sensitive skin. UPDATE: After using this consistently for a week, my skin is really dry & irritated enough to keep me up at night... I'm turning this bottle into laundry detergent.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/30/2004 5:59:00 PM More reviews by TXIRISH

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is my basic standby cleanser. Gentle yet effective, low foaming cleanser that doesn't dry out my skin. Need to wash twice in order to wash off all makeup. Easy to find and decently priced. Love the pump (I hate fiddling with caps).

rated 2 of 5 on 6/30/2004 4:41:00 PM More reviews by starfire11

I did not like this product. I had accidentally bought it, thinking it was the normal Cetaphil gentle cleanser. It was tremendously overdrying, and I have combination skin. It made my skin somewhat flaky and feel really tight. I would definitely not buy this product again.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/25/2004 10:28:00 PM More reviews by poegrl

I liked this cleanser at first because it was gentle and removed makeup. But every time I use it, I break out horribly. I've realized that it doesn't cleanse my skin very well, so, that is what caused problems.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/25/2004 12:08:00 PM More reviews by sweetestpea80

This stuff was good for my extremely oily skin in the summer, but in the winter it is just WAAAY to drying. And dry, flaky skin is very odd on me any time of year. Of course after an hour or so my skin is oily again, but I just can't stand it for the hour immediately following cleansing. It is tight, dry, and itchy and looks flaky in the mirror. I also don't like how it doesn't foam at all. I really like my cleanser to foam because at least I feel like it cleans something. I gave it a 3 to be nice because it is okay for my skin in the summer.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/21/2004 12:51:00 PM More reviews by daisyemac

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

You name it, I've tried it...and this has been working the best! It's cleared up my terrible acne prone skin and hasn't dried it up at all. Am using the mositurizer from Cetaphil too, which is nice and light, plus has sunscreen for my fair Irish skin.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/14/2004 1:22:00 AM More reviews by JLILLINOIS

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I started using this cleanser after reading Paula Begoun's books which tell you to avoid alcohol based products like the plague. To my dismay, I discovered almost all of my skincare products contained alcohol, including my Murad Clarifying Cleanser, so I bought this cleanser in addition to her 2% BHA Liquid to treat my acne prone face.
WHAT A NIGHTMARE! My skin erupted like it hasn't since my teenage years. I gave these products 6 weeks to work their magic and I broke out the entire 6 weeks. I finally gave up and went back to all of my old products and my skin cleared up within a few weeks. Unfortunately, now I'm left with a number of red spots I know will take months to fade away.
I have learned my lesson, I'm sticking with my alcohol based products from now on.