July 31, 2014 | 1962 users online

Liquid - Giorgio Armani - Luminous Silk Foundation

rated 3 of 5 on 3/12/2003 11:14:00 AM More reviews by bbarrelle

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Oohhhh..I wanted to love this so much. Waited weeks for my sample from Saks. Didn't love it. Very average to me. Definately not for anyone with dry skin...enhanced my flakes and didn't have too much staying power. Good coverage and natural finish though.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/10/2003 1:42:00 AM More reviews by autumnheart

Love this foundation. I can't say that it lasts; afterall, non of my foundation (liquid or 2-way) lasts on me.

I love it because it's easy to apply, doesn't streak and it's not too sheer (like RMK's liquid fdtn) nor too thick. It covers my pores relatively well and blends.

The design of the bottle is great too! A pump dispenser will prevent wastage and ensure that the content is not contaminated.

I am now using #4 (MAC NC30, Stila #C). continued >>

rated 5 of 5 on 3/9/2003 1:28:00 AM More reviews by paya

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I purchased a bottle of this in #8 on a recent trip to NYC. I have to admit I am very impressed with this foundation. I have normal to dry skin with some redness around my nose. This foundation wears all day and gives my skin a warm radiant glow. I wear it alone and without powder. So far I'm very pleased with it. I also have best results with applying with a foundation brush.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/5/2003 3:57:00 PM More reviews by sweetsmell

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have some of this in shade 0, which sadly I could probably wear without anything else! However, because it lacks tons of coverage I mix it with EL's Equalizer in Pearl, a foundation which I love but is a tiny bit too dark. Well - this is a FABULOUS combination!!! My skin looks perfect, not a bit mask-y or heavily made-up, just perfected and radiant. I only have some redness to take care of, so I don't know how it would work for those who need a lot of coverage. Now, if only they made a super-pale shade that wasn't yellow, I'd be even happier - I'm docking a lipstick for that. But as a mix with the EL, I adore this.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/2/2003 6:02:00 PM More reviews by lola610

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is by far the best foundation ever!!! I was very skeptical at first of the entire line. I mean, what's a suit designer doing making cosmetics, but this is definately better than any of the other foundations I've tried. It is, I suppose, the makeup equivalent of an Armani wardrobe: nothing gimmicky and super trendy. In other words, you can't go wrong. This is a "classic" foundation done right. It's moisturizing but not oily, comes in a very sanitary dispenser, and evens out skin tone like no other. But as with most designer clothes, this designer foundation is not made with the intention of covering up egregious flaws. It can only enhance your skin, so don't expect a miracle out of this bottle. If you have good skin (read, I don't think this foundation will work for the acne prone), this foundation will do exactly what its name implies: it will make you glow. I use this foundation everyday and love it about 29 days out of 30. It is lightweight, silky and does an amazing job of evening out your skin tone. But when I have a random pimple, this foundation will do nothing but slick over it. It doesn't look disasterous, but it is a huge challenge to blend a matte concealer into an otherwise glowing complexion. All things considered, this is a superb formula and I prefer this to Sue Devitt's Triple Seaweed Whipped Foundation as well as the Lorac Oil-Free foundation that I have loyally used for some two years before. On a good day, nothing short of a glycolic facial can make my skin look as perfect and supple as this foundation. UPDATE: I stopped using this for a while and began wearing Chanel's Sun Illuminator exclusively. I am returning to this even though it is now EVEN pricier at $50 (as if that was possible!!). Anyways, LSF is still the best around. You can't beat the finish. My skin's tone and texture looks better with this on. Many other foundations are designed to only address the tone only, but LSF manages to create a healthy dewy complexion.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/28/2003 2:46:00 PM More reviews by Trakat

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This was an incredible disappointment. I called Saks New York to order this after all the rave reviews. My hopes were high that I would finally have discovered my holy grail foundation. The color (#2) matched extremely well with my very pale skin. It also blended fairly evenly. However, it did nothing to control my ultra oily skin. It also somehow managed to emphasize some flaking/dryness on my skin. I know it sounds like the ultimate contradiction, but I use BHA and other products to control the oil and it does sometimes result in uneven skin. I hadn't really noticed until I applied this foundation! Suddenly I appeared extremely oily in some places and ultra dry in others. I've had much better success with foundations from Revlon, Clinique and Clarins. I can see how Giorgio Armani's foundation could work well on normal skin, but for very oily, acne-prone skin with dry patches, it was something of a disaster. BTW, Saks NY was unwilling to send, or even sell samples of the foundation and persisted until I purchased the full bottle...Now I'm sorry I did. They also went on to try to sell around 5-6 additional products--even their foundation brush which they insisted was better than my Prescriptives brush. A little too pushy. Give Saks SF a try...and insist on samples first!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/18/2003 11:50:00 AM More reviews by April2

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

A really good MUA friend of mine gave me this for Christmas and it is one of my favorite foundations. Although the color LSF #4 is a tad light (I normally wear LM Moisturizing in Sunny beige/LM TM in Nude or Sand) it becomes perfect as the day wears on because foundations turn a little dark on me as they mix with the oils on my skin. Great coverage and smooth. It doesn't irritate or dry out my skin. I love it.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/16/2003 9:10:00 PM More reviews by askewchick

I know I'm in the minority on this one, but I was not impressed by this product. I was eager to try it when I came on vacation to Montreal and I was very prepared to purchase it at its hefty price. The SA applied it to me with the Armani foundation brush and I was shocked by the texture. I was told this foundation was very moisturizing and she used it on my dry skin (after applying the Armani foundation primer first). I was appaled to see it highlighting every single flaw on my face! It looked cakey and heavy! The only plus was that the colors were very workable.

I believe this is a gimick foundation riding on the coat-tails of the Armani brandname. It is nothing different or impressive from any other heavy coverage liquid foundation. Definitely not worth the money. Giorgio Armani should stick to clothes. continued >>

rated 4 of 5 on 2/16/2003 3:32:00 AM More reviews by SimPLe_GuRL

the colour I have is too light, i have it in number 2. it was ok when i tried it in the counter, but i guess that was because of the lighting. since the colour is too light for my skin, i looked like wearing tons of foundation when i wear it, even thouht i only use a drop. it might look nicer on me if the colour is right. i like the texture

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/10/2003 6:24:00 PM More reviews by Marbela

Age: Unknown Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I use Armani's LSF when I want to look very polished, not for everyday. It does not have obvious shimmery particles, but makes the skin look luminous and perfect. I believe there are 13 shades- I wear #2 and have very fair skin. 0 is white and #1 is extremely light.

This would be great for combo skin, but dry skinned ladies will have to make sure they don't have any flakes before they apply this because the foundation will accentuate them. Also, oily-skinned girls should use a mattifier/primer under this because it can definitely go from dewy to greasy quickly if it is not maintained.

The only real drawback to the LSF is the pump. It squirts out unevenly and excess foundation gets caked up around it. There is no way to get inside the bottle so the pump must be used. It's sanitary but obnoxious.