Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk Foundation

3.8

AQUA / WATER, CYCLOPENTASILOXANE, GLYCERIN, ISODODECANE, ALCOHOL, POLYGLYCERYL-4 ISOSTEARATE, ALUMINUM STARCH OCTENYLSUCCINATE, CETYL PEG/PPG-10/1 DIMETHICONE, HEXYL LAURATE, DISTEARDIMONIUM HECTORITE, PHENOXYETHANOL, ACETYLATED GLYCOL, STEARATE, MAGNESIUM SULFATE, ETHYLHEXYL METHOXYCINNAMATE, TRISTEARIN, CELLULOSE GUM, NYLON-1,2 LIMONENE, BENZYL SALICYLATE, LINALOOL, DIPHENYL DIMETHICONE ACRYLATES COPOLYMER, PARFUM / FRAGRANCE, DISODIUM STEAROYL GLUTAMATE, METHYLPARABEN, BUTYLPARABEN, BUTYLPHENYL METHYLPROPIONAL, ALUMINUM HYDROXIDE, HEXYL CINNAMAL [ /- MAY CONTAIN CI 77891 / TITANIUM DIOXIDE CI 77492, CI 77499, CI 77491 / IRON OXIDES CI 77007 / ULTRAMARINES MICA

I was a huge LSF fan. Until I realized it broke me out. The coverage is amazing. I love, and I do mean love, the way my skin virtually glows after I apply this. However, the ingredients are not acne prone skin friendly. I retired my LSF to special events, where I wash it off the second I get home. Any longer, I have a face full of clogged pores. So disappointing. I now use Neutrogena Healthy skin with fantastic results. No break outs and great coverage!

This is the best foundation I've used so far. Good coverage, I'd say medium, without looking fake. Don't try this with milk of magnesia underneath. When I did that, it made it look very fake. Anyway, the finish is dewy and smooth. I usually top this foundation w/Stila IPF. Dewy isn't my "thang"..lol. I took off one lippy because it's just a tad too oily for me, but I can deal with it, just use those oil blotters ;) I highly reccommend this foundation.

I waited a really long time to try this and I finally got to an Armani counter. The make up artist applied this foundation and I was hooked immediately. The color was an exact match and it covered the redness in my cheeks and evened out my skin tone beautifully. It looks really natural on the skin. I absolutely love this and it will replace my HG Chanel DPF foundation. This goes on easier. I use the blending brush to apply this and it's just so easy. No mess whatsoever! I also love how this has a pump bottle instead of a pouring type bottle. Everything stays neat and sanitary. I also purchased the foundation powder to use on days I'm not wearing liquid foundation and I like that as well. I will definitely repurchase this!

I was majorly lemming this item...but was sooo dissapointed. The coverage was heavy...kind of looked waxy on my skin...not natural at all. perhaps this is for more mature skin (the way vitaluminere is). Did not look young and fresh at all.

EDIT: I had a breakout, and tried this again. I Learned that I must have put too much on before...you only need a tiny bit of this and thin it out with a foundation brush application. That way it looks stunning: stays put, covers well, etc. Pretty much holy grail.

I have combo skin (oily in t-zone but dry on jawline and cheeks) and this foundation is great for me. Definitely evens out skin tone and makes skin look smoother without settling into pores. Even on my oily areas, the foundation does not budge or turn orange. Color match is also very good. Overall, I think it's slightly better than LM Oil Free (which I also like a lot) because the application is a lot easier. I will probably buy again when I run out.

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I loved this product when I bought it. Unfortunately, it caused my skin to break out horribly. I've never had a problem with acne before. As soon as I stopped using this product my skin began to return to normal.

For fifty dollars, I better like this. It's something I would wear more in the cooler months for my oily skin. I use # 4 (I'm an NC-15 in MAC; a Warm Ivory in LM) which is a light beige ivory shade. The texture is creamy without being oily. To make it last, I add powder on top.

Hair: Other, Other, Fine

My HG foundation Finally!!! I use a 5.5 color mixed with Fluid Sheer in #10-and the glow about my face is amazing. I am over 45 and have a few fine lines which I prep with an eye cream that plumps, before i apply foundation with GA's face brush. Will def. repurchase!!!

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

Bought this after reading reviews. Don't think the product is anything special. I bought this in the summer, during which i have normal skin with oily t-zone. the foundation just slid off by mid-day, and made me look more oily. it's now late fall and skin is now on mormal/dry side, and the foundation just seems to accentuate the dry areas. can't seem to find a happy medium. will say that coverage is good, blends okay, and no irritatin effects. packaging looks nice, but the pump is irritating. can never get the right amount and usually end up wasting some product. BOTTOM LINE: don't think it's any better than other normal foundation that i could find at a drug store. will not buy again.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I am SO impressed with this product. First of all, let me tell you I have not purchased it, but have been using 3 testers (that last a very long time) that the SA gave me when I purchased a blush. He gave me two 5.5 and a 6. That was because he thought 5.5 looked better on me. He was wrong, I love the color 6, even if he said it made me look more yellow (I am a MAC NC30). Anyway, I have always looked for fuller coverage foundations. For example I love Mary Kay Full coverage or MAC studio tech, so when I saw such a liquid runny thin looking foundation I thought "naaa, this can't possibly cover anything". Well, I am amazed and how well it covers! And so much more naturally than the fuller coverage foundations! So smooth, so hydrating, so subtly shimmery. WOW. Now I use my little testers on "special ocasions" until I have no choice but to go give out the $$$... And it is a lot of $ indeed