December 18, 2014 | 1716 users online

Liquid - Giorgio Armani - Luminous Silk Foundation

rated 5 of 5 on 9/3/2003 3:53:00 AM More reviews by wildorchidfaire

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

the foundation whore tries to be more constructive;)

Me: Extreme Combi! (often have flakes in areas)+ Acne Prone, big fat pores and fading acne marks. FFF/MMM (nearer to MMM, I think)

Pluses:
+Really illuminates

Minuses:
-NO SPF!!!!
-The smell...ugh
-It doesn't last very long!

Verdict: Does what it says. Illuminates! Best is unlike other illuminating foundations I've tried, it does not emphasize pores! Nor flaky skin. This liquid is closer to creamy than liquidish, the coverage is amazing but the foundation (smell) really stinks.... I love this, it's my HG despite its lack of oil control (Easily fixable with oil blotters)... It slips off pretty easy tho. I just love the way this looks on my skin! If you are looking for a dewy finish with great coverage, this is for you :) continued >>

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/1/2003 9:25:00 PM More reviews by kyttikat

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I adore this foundation. I don't need it to cover much - I just like a little evening out of my skin tone. I use this over the color corrector FS (#5) and it lasts all day on me. I don't even need concealer with this, as it provides enough coverage to hide my dark circles. Expensive, but it works well.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/21/2003 3:30:00 PM More reviews by TinaL_to

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Good color selection. Good coverage and finish. Very good texture. Unfortunately, the staying power is not good and it made me shiny within one hour. It should be a good choice to normal and dry skin people. (I have combo/sensitive skin.)

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/16/2003 11:46:00 AM More reviews by NancyM

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Other

I don't remember when I was so disappointed in a product.

First off, the coverage looks masky and artificial. I'm a fan of the natural look and when I have this on, I feel as if I'm covering up my skin and showing a mask instead.

Second, it's got an odd oiliness to it. When I put a dab in the palm of my hand and apply it from there, it's impossible to wash it off my hand. It forms a oily film (that settles into the lines on my palm) and won't come off with regular soap and water. I have to scrub it off. That's a litte disturbing.

Third, and this is kind of a rehash of number one, is that this sits on top of my skin and forms a barrier. This has the effect of making my pores look rather large and unsightly. It also seems to accentuate some of the fine lines I have around my eyes.

What can I say? I returned this as soon as possible. Huge letdown. continued >>

rated 2 of 5 on 8/12/2003 10:54:00 AM More reviews by lipstick

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I find this to be heavy and filled with silicone. Has that funky "low tide" smell & feels greasy on. The look is shiny & mask-like even with a very light-handed application. I bought this after all the raves & never use it...a total disappointment, at least for me...

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/12/2003 4:49:00 AM More reviews by yunity

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I'm still waiting on more color samples of this (haven't found a color match yet) but based on the samples I have tried, I really like the finish and the way it applies, smooth and easy. After having used Becca stick and KA SSE, I was in serious need of a foundation that goes on quick (those two are really time consuming IMO). This definitely goes on quick, and doesn't require that much blending at all. Coverage is medium. I really hope I can find a color match!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/8/2003 2:13:00 AM More reviews by mkatrina2

While I love GA's LSF - I love the way it covers, how "skin-like" it looks, I don't like that it gets really greasy after awhile. It seems like no matter how much powder I apply, I end up looking shiny and dirty as the day wears. However, this is the BEST foundation I've tried to date, it gets full marks in my book!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/26/2003 3:30:00 AM More reviews by Aphrael813

Convenient pump bottle which can be difficult to manipulate especially if you need only 1-2 drops per application. Beautiful foundation - sheer coverage, luminous dewy finish as promised, but did not hold up to a full day, "separating" at about 10-12 hours after application. This is reasonable, but at that price I'd expect it not to budge, especially in winter and I don't have particularly oily skin. Also lack of SPF takes points off. It's hard to apply with fingers as it dries relatively quickly, and it doesn't wash off a sponge easily so you have to use a new one almost every time, not to mention wasting product. Great color match in #4. I swapped mine away since I found my HG in VLWC creme beige for winter and Mirenesse emulsion pact SPF 25+ in Vanilla silk for summer.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/20/2003 6:15:00 AM More reviews by mkatrina

This is the best foundation ever....I used to love Chantecaille so I stocked up on it...After this, I'm not sure what I would do with my other Chantecaille. This is truly the Holy Grail!!!!yay! EDIT: After trying #6 for a few days which for some reason looked really green on my MMM skin, I have decided to try #5.5 which was definitely a better match...Warning: for those interested in trying #6 make sure you get a sample because I really think it has green undertones on it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/20/2003 1:03:00 PM More reviews by Pauloy

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I stayed away for too long! Surprisingly, having Armani at the Bellagio which is just down the street, doesn't get me in there often enough. When I finally had the time and inclination to go, I checked out the Bronze summer stuff, decidedly purchased the creme blush and two lip glosses and while waiting for them to ring up the purchases, finally decided to try out the LSF.

Oh, I'd read/heard a multitude of raves and well, liking other Armani cosmetic products, believed them. It's just that with Vegas heat, I can't stand anything on my face other than blush, eyeshadow and lipstick (of course, the barest minimal amount of moisturizer and sunblock). So. I'm not a foundation girl, and really, I don't feel the need for it most of the time.

A few samples of #7 and #8 later, I'm in awe and in shock of it's effect! It's beautiful, smooth, silky and did I say beautiful? It truly evens out the skin tone, primes and makes a wonderful canvas of your face before the paints go on.

Well, I'm not a true convert yet. I don't think I'll be wearing LSF on a daily basis - it seems more appropriate for occassions, but it really is lovely. LSF #7 and Fluid Sheer #3 have shot to the top of my list, while Becca goes down, burning.