October 23, 2014 | 1639 users online

Liquid - Giorgio Armani - Luminous Silk Foundation

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/17/2003 11:17:00 AM More reviews by kitty_catalina

GA make-up is worth every penny that you pay for it! This foundation is proof of the that fact. GA LSF foundation (I'm a 5) is a breeze to apply, provides even coverage, refines skin tone, and is long lasting. I had this last over 12 hours the other day! Topped w/ a little Fluid Sheer, it's incredible.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/23/2003 5:12:00 AM More reviews by mriaow

I really do love this sheer, glowy foundation. I alternate between the LSF and Matte Silk, or mix the two together. This gives the most lovely, natural dewy look, although I find powder to be essential along the T-Zone to avoid excess shine. It's very sheer, so strictly for good skin days. Feels featherlight and very comfortable on the skin, and the packaging is very elegant and chic.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/22/2003 2:31:00 PM More reviews by jhonenv

I don't normally wear foundation, so I don't know what possessed me to run out and buy 50,000 bottles for my wedding day, but at the risk of getting rocks thrown at me, you should all know that Armani LSF, which I eventually settled on, ruined my wedding pictures. Oh sure, the color (8) matched me well, but I am so blindingly shiny in my *&^%$%& photos that I seem to have been abducted by aliens. It was super greasy on me too, granted, my skin is combo at best. How I longed to love you, LSF, but you had to go and betray me.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/21/2003 12:34:00 PM More reviews by Kitz

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

My holy grail! I love love love this foundation. I find myself reaching for it almost every single day. It leaves my face looking so very natural, and yet it's still able to even out my skin tone and hide tiny imperfections. I have tried heaps of foundations, and honestly this is the best!

rated 2 of 5 on 4/21/2003 12:35:00 AM More reviews by skparis

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I had high expectations of this foundation but it was a real dissapointment.I have dry skin and am currently using Becca LSC and even Becca stick foundtion is better than this.I even tried mixing it with Becca shimmering skin perfector but it was still too thick.
It just sat on top of my skin and emphasised the lines on my face,especially around my eyes.
Luckily i didn't waste my money and actually buy this,i just tried a sample.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/16/2003 12:56:00 PM More reviews by ncdecolover

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Okay, I've now worn this famed foundation for a day and a half so think I'm ready to review it!

Pluses: (1) Wonderful color match (#2) for my PPP skin (2) Goes on very smoothly (3) Keeps the oil at bay on the center of my face, a significant accomplishment in my case (4) Gives my skintone that "glow" everyone has been talking about.

Minuses: (1) Heavier coverage than I prefer (I can't believe some people think this product doesn't cover but I've got pretty good skin and am used to reasonably light foundations. Yesterday, I used it full strength with a foundation brush but today I thinned it with a little splash of water and dipped my brush in the mixture in my palm. Like it much better today.) (2) Seems to dry quickly so you need to work fast to get it in place.

I'm not sure if I would go so far as to call this foundation my HG but it certainly is a quality product that gives my skin a very smooth, luminous look. Recommend highly!!

FOLLOW-UP---Have discovered that just one pump of this product is enough for my whole face. Two is too much and gives my skin a mask-like look. I love the GA LSF more and more every time I use it! That glow is just heavenly. continued >>

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/13/2003 12:22:00 AM More reviews by annelau

Update:
I am 25 (I was 19 when I first came to MUA). My skin is sensitive, dehydrated (typically skin type for those working in office), neutral undertone, fair-to-medium in shade.

I have tried many brands, makeup artist brands like Shu Uemura, Laura Mercier, NARS, Make Up Forever, MAC,, luxury skincare brands like Cle De Peau, La Prairie, Sisley, Chanel and HR, other Japanese and Korean brands like Shiseido, RMK ...etc. Some of them are good, like Shu Uemura is very sheer, Bobbi Brown and Cle De Peau are long-lasting, RMK gives glowing finish but I need a one that can do all what I want: sheer, even skintone, glowing and healthy finish, long-lasting.

I was reluctant to try Armani because it is a fashion brand. But I visited its shop yesterday and the makeup artist explained Armani's cometics is very special that its foundation and base together give beautiful finish but will not look thick. So, I let her sampled few products on the back of my hand ... and I immediately fell in love with it!

I apply it with Armani's foundation brush. I am not sure if it is the best brush because I saw other MUA ladies recommended MAC but it retails very expensive in Hong Kong. Anyway, makeup base and the brush definitely help to give sheer flawless finish. Definitely worth to try! Another plus is it is not very expensive compare to other high-end foundation.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/9/2003 6:26:00 AM More reviews by inchie

I wanted to love this foundation after reading all the great reviews. In fact I didn't like it much at all. I found a good colour match with 4.5, but the texture of the foundation on my skin felt a bit oily/greasy (although it is oil-free). I have combination skin and this foundation didn't stay put on my nose and chin. I'd say if you've got oily areas, it might be one to avoid (or try the GA Matte foundation instead). I think I'll revert back to my MAC NC30.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/8/2003 8:26:00 AM More reviews by bhoya

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

It is really amazing the most beautiful foundation I've ever had... and the foundation brush is a must...

rated 5 of 5 on 4/3/2003 3:02:00 PM More reviews by glowgal

This IS my holy grail foundation. I wear Becca Cashmere LSC and Stila B/C, and #4 is what I wear in the LSF. It is perfect for my normal to dry skin. This is a relatively sheer foundation, so don't expect it to cover major imperfections. But if you're looking for a foundation that feels like your wearing nothing, makes you look poreless, and melts into your skin, this is it!