Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk Foundation

3.9

AQUA / WATER CYCLOPENTASILOXANE GLYCERIN ISODODECANE ALCOHOL POLYGLYCERYL-4 ISOSTEARATE ALUMINUM STARCH OCTENYLSUCCINATE CETYL PEG/PPG-10/1 DIMETHICONE HEXYL LAURATE DISTEARDIMONIUM HECTORITE PHENOXYETHANOL ACETYLATED GLYCOL STEARATE MAGNESIUM SULFATE ETHYLHEXYL METHOXYCINNAMATE TRISTEARIN CELLULOSE GUM NYLON-12 LIMONENE BENZYL SALICYLATE LINALOOL DIPHENYL DIMETHICONE ACRYLATES COPOLYMER PARFUM / FRAGRANCE DISODIUM STEAROYL GLUTAMATE METHYLPARABEN BUTYLPARABEN BUTYLPHENYL METHYLPROPIONAL ALUMINUM HYDROXIDE HEXYL CINNAMAL [ /- MAY CONTAIN CI 77891 / TITANIUM DIOXIDE CI 77492, CI 77499, CI 77491 / IRON OXIDES CI 77007 / ULTRAMARINES MICA

on 12/14/2003 8:40:00 AM

It's taken a lot of experimentation, but I now truly love this foundation and can see what all the fuss is about.

I mix LSF shades #0 and #1 for a perfect match, but nonetheless, the coverage and texture are just divine.

I find this foundation looks its best when worn with moisturiser, then my Smashbox primer, then the Armani primer itself, followed by the LSF. And lastly, I use the MicroFil powder lightly over the top, in shade #0.

on 12/13/2003 9:25:00 PM

I have this in LSF#4, it's a perfect match to my skin tone, it glides on well and lasts through the day. I especially love the pump bottle because it's so hygienic. Thumbs up for the sleek bottle and packaging.

on 12/12/2003 9:09:00 PM

I initially went to the Armani counter and asked for the matte foundation. I am only 21, but I have combination to oily skin, so I usually lean towards foundations w/ a powder or matte finish. The MA asked me a few questions and tried to persuade me into buying the LSF. I am usually pretty set in my ways, so I pretty much ignored her opinion (I know, I am an idiot). She applied the matte to one side of my face and the LSF to the other. I was absolutely amazed! The matte looked okay, but the LSF was perfect. It feels like you don’t have on any make-up at all, yet it has enough coverage to hide my sun spots and acne scars. I have converted my mom (late forties/dry) and sister (17/oily). I have tried Bobbi Brown, MAC, Trish, Stila, LM, Chanel, Prescriptives etc… and none of these compare. This is the best advice I ever received from MUA. I couldn’t be happier w/ a foundation.

on 12/10/2003 3:46:00 AM

This foundation is so natural. I love the finish it gives. I apply it with a foundation brush and always get desired effect. It's like magic. The color selection is very nice also. GA has truly beige base tones which i think is the most natural for a PPP. I wear shade #2.

on 11/22/2003 9:33:00 PM

The best foundation I have used in terms of coverage and radiance. However, the shades seem wrong for my olive Asian skin. It's either too yellowish or too pink.

on 11/22/2003 7:31:00 AM

Just for the record, I should start by stating that I haven't got a full bottle of the LSF, but I have tried samples. These samples were for #3 and #4, which are very good matches to my skin: the #4 for most of the year and the #3 for the winter months. Right now it's actually a mix of the two that looks the most perfect. I am neutral/warm toned, and that's the reason why these shades look so good on. I wouldn't reccomend them to anyone with a cool complexion - far too much yellow in it.
The texture is pleasant, a bit like liquid cream. To me, it smells a bit like baby lotion. It blends in very nicely, and the medium coverage doesn't look mask-like on me. It has a natural and silky finish which makes my skin look flawless, except in areas where I might have some dryness. If the skin is even slightly flaking or peeling, the LSF will magnify it x10. However, on my nose, where I have quite a few blackheads and larger pores, it looks great. The rest of my skin is pretty clear, so it looks good there too, but that's not exactly a surprise.
The LSF wears well. I have worn it from morning to late at night, and it holds up nicely, but not any better than any other good foundation I've tried. I need to blot a few times over the day (maybe 3), but it manages to look "in place" throughout. The colour does turn slightly darker as the day progresses, but only very slightly so (another person wouldn't notice). It hasn't broken me out either.
In the end, this is a good foundation: it feels and looks natural on, and it makes my skin look pretty much flawless. If it weren't for the ridiculous price of US$49 for 30 ml, I'd probably like to give it a 4/4.5, and most likely purchase a full size. But the price is a very important factor in choosing a product, and it keeps me from getting a full bottle. To me, it's simply not worth it. continued >>

on 11/21/2003 4:01:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

i love, love, love this. i have sensitive medium asian skin and i use #5 LSF in the winter and #6 LSF in the summer. i've been using this for a couple of years and i've had no problems with breakouts or inflamation. i naturally have redness to my skin and i buy this LSF to hide it and it works very well to even out my skintone. it works so well on me that when i drink alcohol you can't see me blush bright red. it's very pigmented, it provides medium to full coverage depending on how much you put on, and it's versatile - mix it with moisturizer for a sheer look. it does have a smell to it (i think it smells a bit like caladryl lotion). i like the pump bottle so bacteria doesn't get in.

on 11/18/2003 11:07:00 PM

Eww. I'm not often inspired to review, but here goes. I got samples from Saks of both LSF and MSF. Color #4 is a great match. For some reason this made me break out horribly. I have combo, sensitive skin that turns red but doesn't break out. I used the LSF on one side of my face and the MSF on the other. After a day of wear, the MSF side looks ok and the LSF looks like an odd rash.

on 11/16/2003 8:10:00 AM

So much has been said about this foundation, and I'll just add to the raving reviews. I use the #4 color-the perfect color match- and blend it on my face with a foundation brush(not GA). It looks like clean even skin,you cannot usually tell I'm wearing any foundation.For me it best looks when mixed with liquid sheer-just add special sheen to the face(not shine..lol). This is my first Armani foundation but I have a feeling I will repurchase this from now on. TIP:Because this is not a very moisturizing foundation, it does tend to emphasize flakies, so I cannot stress moisturizing well with this foundation enough.If your skin is well-moisturized this foundation will be a dream.

on 11/10/2003 7:23:00 PM

This foundation is MAGIC. I just love everything about it - the perfectly matching shade (#5), the texture, the packaging... Absolutely no problem with my combo Acne Rosacea skin. I do recommend using this foundation w/ Armani loose powder. The radiance and silky texure seems to die a little bit with other powders.

Video Reviews & Tutorials