July 28, 2014 | 1768 users online

Misc Beauty Tools - Clarisonic - Mia

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/28/2009 11:35:00 PM More reviews by glossyxlipz

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Black

This thing has been a life saver for me. As much as I tried, I never got my face to feel as clean as I do with the Mia. Its great to travel with and I love how it makes my face feel like I just came from the spa.

I know its not for everyone, but it has definitely made a difference for me.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/26/2009 12:51:00 PM More reviews by MCNALS

I have very sensitive skin (i am using tazorac and mama lotion alternatively) and was very worried that the clarisonic would wreak havoc on my skin. it hasn't yet (thank goodness). but i have only been using it for a week. I have been using it with very delicate cleansers, and I am so happy with the results. My skin is so soft and it looks very fresh. It def helps products absorb better. The best surprise is that it does not leave my skin red and raw, like all exfoliators have. it also has not irritated my skin and broken me out. love it!

****UPDATE****
I am very upset because I am now going through a horrible break out. Unfortunately the Mia irritated my skin so much that I have red bumps (not really like pimples) all around my chin and mouth, needless to say it looks horrible......I think that the mia is a great product, just not for me. My skin is so sensitive and I guess the only way to manage it is to baby it. HOWEVER, I am going to continue to use the mia for 1 more week just to see it it gets better or worse, and ill update. Fingers Crossed!

***UPDATE 2***
I am very sad that this product did not work for me. My skin was looking great for a straight 3 weeks and I was using a simple routine that was obviously effective, and my skin was just happy. Well I decided to bust out the mia and I used it in the shower and my face looks awful. Tiny red bumps that are not zits, just an overall unhappy face...like an allergic reaction. Since I know the mia doesn't work for my face, I am going to start to use it on my feet. just kidding..maybe.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/25/2009 3:01:00 AM More reviews by Junkotti

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love Clarisonic!!! I have been using it for 2 weeks now and already see the difference. I use two toners, two special cares, and cream at night, but these are somoothly absorbed. I have oily skin so my pores are pretty large...but after using Clarisonic I see my pores have become little smaller. Also, my skin become much softer, smoother, cleaner, and less oily. Moreover, my foundation is set very nicely. It took me for a while to buy this because it is very expensive for me. However, I have no regreats at all. Now I can't live without this! I totally recommend.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/24/2009 6:04:00 AM More reviews by i2ismartazzi2i

I love this thing! I really feel so clean after using it. I feel that it helps my cleanser really penetrate my skin so much better which in turn would make my cleanser work better. Compared to other products that I have used like the microderbrasen one (sorry I can't spell), and the neutrogena wave, this is by far the best. I love how the brush head spins and exfoiliate my skin so well. I will continue to use it. Plus my skin feels so smooth after using this.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/23/2009 11:30:00 PM More reviews by mkdallas

Add me to the growing list of Mia's fans. Bought this courtesy of the Sephora F & F discount and although I've only been using it a week, I'm very pleased that I spent the money. I have pretty good skin for someone who's 51; not much sun damage, combination skin,minimal wrinkles and a few larger pores on my nose, which I hate. Since so many of the glowing reviews for this device come from people who have troubled skin, I didn't know if I would really reap the benefits from an expensive product like this. I have spent a LOT of $$ on premium skincare, with just "okay" results. The Mia does a great job at exfoliating; your face will feel smooth as a baby's behind after you use it. I did experience the minor breakouts that quite a few others have posted about...had 2 medium-sized zits after 2 Mia uses, but I left them alone and they've faded away. I use Bliss cleansing mild and I do at least take a washcloth to my face before I use the Mia; although the instructions don't tell you to do that, it only made sense to me. My face is starting to look very fresh and supple; so glad I went ahead and purchsed.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/23/2009 4:30:00 PM More reviews by klow9

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

After one week of using the Clarisonic Mia I have learned one huge lesson: It's all about the skin. Seriously, after three days of using this magic device almost any foundation looks great. Now after a week, my skin is beginning to have the clarity I've been seeking for years with scrubs and facials. It's like a mini-microdermabrasion treatment every day. I agree with one poster below who mentioned the lack of instructions in the box. They really do not specify whether to take off your makeup or not. For the record, I remove my makeup with an oil cleanser (DHC). Then I use the cleanser that came with the Mia. I use it once, at night. I could not be more pleased. Best beauty purchase in many years.

13 out of 13 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 11/22/2009 10:55:00 AM More reviews by carray10

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I do not like the Clarisonic brush. I have normal to good skin, my only complaint being occasional dullness and dark circles under eyes, which the Clarisonic cannot fix. I think it's a waste of money if your skin is good. The best reviews this product gets are from people with problem skin - and that's great for them. However, it's no miracle worker on good skin, which is what I was hoping for. I was hoping for a real glow, and it didn't deliver that. I also have to wonder - the instructions don't say to remove your makeup before using the brush. Are you supposed to? It seems to me that if you don't remove your makeup, you're just pushing makeup, along with cleanser and water, deeper into your pores. I say if you're fairly happy with your skin, save your money, time and resources - a washcloth or scrub will get you at least as much glow and cost a lot less.

6 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 11/18/2009 12:12:00 PM More reviews by burtonsbunny

Ok, so I have been using my Mia for almost one month now. At first, I couldn't see much of a difference except for the feel of my skin (soft). However, now I have now integrated a moisturizer and serum after I use my Mia, and wow! If anything, I'm glad I bought the Mia in order to make my products work better than they were. I figure, without it, I am just wasting my money on products that are only providing 50% of the results that they are capable of. So, if you are unsure about purchasing, try the Mia (Sephora $129.00 with MUA20 code) and make sure you use your products after using it. What a difference! Love it! :) P.S. I had minimal purging.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/16/2009 4:35:00 PM More reviews by ponygal

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I just got my Mia last week - and already love it. I've thought about getting a Clarisonic for like a year now. But the price for the larger unit always put me off. Then I used my F&F discount to get the Mia and am so glad I did. The smaller size suits me, and I actually like the feel of the brush on my skin. I have sensitve, fair, and starting to age skin - and I can already see a difference. I figured it would take a while - but nope..1 week later and I can tell. It also seems like the serums and moisturizers I pay good money for are absorbing better.
Mia was well worth what I paid for it - and I'd buy it again.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/16/2009 4:22:00 PM More reviews by nikrou

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

**UPDATE 1/18/2010 Still love it! I should be a spokesperson for them. I have talked my friends, random people on the street, saleswomen, my sisters, just about EVERYONE, to get a Clarisonic. And it's not just from word of mouth -- My face is proof! People, seriously, this is 150 dollars that is so worth. I don't regret it ONE BIT. And I'm as frugal as they come. TRUST ME.**
Okay so this is my very first review. I have been a long time member of MUA soley to stalk on the reviews of my favorite products before purchasing them. I JUST purchased the Clarisonic LAST NIGHT at Sephora. I had a 20% for being a V.I.B. member and decided to purchase my Clarisonic Mia now, while I had the option for a discount. I used it last night before bed and this morning before work. Can I just tell you, AWESOME. This is just after 2 uses. OMGoodness, I see what all this hype is about. I certainly did not feel $149 was reasonable for this device but I can say that I understand the pricing -- the Clarisonic Mia is just that good. I know, I know,...I've only used it TWICE, so how would I KNOW? For me, I am always prepared for a product or anything to start showing improvements about about 2-3 weeks. I try to stick anything out at least for that long (unless I have a horrible reaction) to see what it can do for my skin. Now I've only use the Mia twice and I can HONESTLY say that my face already looks more even, and my pores around my nose (which are the last of my visible pores) have decreased SO much in size. OVERNIGHT. I can't wait to wash my face again this evening, lol (so serious). I am totally justified with this price now and would not take it back. It's only been two days, I'm excited to see what 2 months will do. I'll be sure to update!