NARS Sheer Glow Foundation

3.7

Cyclopentasiloxane, Butylene Glycol, Glycerin, Polymethylsilsesquioxane, Dimethicone, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Triethylhexanoin, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Bis-butyldimethicone Hectorite, Sodium Glutamate, Sorbitan Sesquiisostearate, 1-Methyl-Hydantoin-2-imide, Phenoxyethanol, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Polysilicone-2, Serralysin, Curcuma Longa (Turmeric) Root Extract, Glucosyl Hesperidin, Ascorbyl Glucoside, Tocopherol, [may contain: titanium dioxide, iron oxides, iron oxides]

on 12/7/2010 5:27:00 PM

Ok, so I finally broke down and bought this. I just applied it with my fingers on one side and a brush on the other. I actually prefer my fingers for this one. (as well as my dior nude, but thats just me). As far as coverage this builds with so little and very easily. The finished product with a little mineral powder dusted over it is very ethereal. I love it. I bought this in fiji and it does have a yellow undertone to it...i havent looked at it in daylight but so far in my other lights its perfect. I am hoping daylight works as well because i love the finished result. It does blur lines and pores imo. I think this foundation is worth the price.

on 12/7/2010 8:25:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I just purchased this foundi recently and was very excited to use it. I heard so much good reviews about it so i purchased the color barcelona. the color was too peachy for me.. There is nothing special about this foundation. I still need to find a way on whats a good way to apply this.
EDIT : I am loving this foundi now! I apply this with my barehands and voila!...its perfect!!! A little goes a long way.. so i only put a little amount on my cheeks, chin, nose and forehead then blend.
I wouldnt buy this product since i still have lots of it.. im planning on getting Chanel foundi.

on 12/5/2010 12:10:00 AM

I have finally found the foundation which matches my complexion. I am olive skin with some yellow undertone. Its hard to find something which looked natural. I have tried Laura mercier, make up forever, mac, gorgio armani and so many other products. I love this profuct. Its just amazing.

on 12/3/2010 4:34:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I wanted to like this, but it just came off looking too thick and fake for me. It dried to a powdery texture and I don't really care for that monochromatic matte look. The color Ceylan was great, just not the texture. I like Estee Lauder Double Wear LIGHT much better and it is way less money.

on 12/1/2010 9:32:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Coarse

I'm on a search for the ultimate foundation (who isn't)! I went to Nordstrom and went to a few counters for samples of foundations to try. I heard great things about this foundation so I couldn't wait to try it today, especially since i'm a huge Nars junkie! However this just didn't do it for me. It felt great on my skin, but the coverage was just ok and by the end of the day I could have used a touch up.. I guess my search continues.

on 11/29/2010 9:54:00 AM

Ive tried many foundations to suit my break out and dehydrated skin and Im in love with this one.
Although its called 'sheer' (which it is) it has a buildable coverage which is good for me as I cant be bothered applying concealers and colour correctors. It feels really light and never 'gunky' or thick. I dont grease up, even after a long day and it doesnt aggrovate my acne. It doesnt last well if youre having a long day or night out which sucks, but the good far outweighs the bad for me. The colour range is great and they have soooo many shades on offer so Im guessing nearly anyone could find a colour that was perfect.
The packaging is not good imo. They really need to put a pump on the bottle to make it more user friendly.
But overall, this is my staple foundation and I wont be parting with it anytime soon.

on 11/28/2010 11:16:00 PM

This used to be my HG foundation before I started breaking out. I used to have pretty clear skin and I never really broke out... and if I did, they would be small tiny pimples. Now, I'm starting to break out with cystic acne. Not sure what's causing it but anyway, onto my review:

I have pretty dry, flaky skin. But it's kinda weird because I tend to get oily when I used certain foundations. This was certainly the case when I used the sheer glow. It goes on beautifully and looks amazing when first applied. I suggest using a brush and then blending it out with a kabuki or flat top brush. It looked great in pictures too. My skin looked flawless in pictures, actually.

But remember, this is when I had great skin. Now that I started breaking out, I noticed that it just doesn't provide enough coverage. :/

The thing that I liked most about the sheer glow foundation is that it doesn't get look "cakey" as most foundations do. It's very creamy and easy to apply. Finding your color match is pretty easy. And it doesn't turn "orange" hours later like most MAC foundations do.

But the lasting power is horrible. It does tend to get oily after a few hours. And I didn't particularly like the packing. I would much rather have preferred a bottle with a pump.

I think that if you have pretty normal, clear skin this is the perfect foundation for you if you're looking for light to medium coverage.

I loved it and will definitely repurchase once my skin starts looking normal again.

on 11/28/2010 11:52:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Yes I will buy again because I did already...
BUT I am still looking for the HG foundation, this is the closest I can get.
Not perfect but really really good.
I have tried lots of others, I am lucky enough that I am sometimes given some samples to try in the shops. And sometimes I even think I found better but no, not yet...
Until I find my HG, I will carry on using Nars.
I must say that for the first time I can use a foundation without my skin looking covered with dry patches after 3 hours, but then I don't think it is there anymore....
I am trying Chanel Vitalumiere at this moment, I will see and edit this review to compare, but anyway I have ordered another Nars because even if I find a better one, I know I will use the Nars one and even reorder again :)
I am never satisfied :P
I managed to order a pump for the bottle, what a relief !
but it should be easier to get hold of that pump !
For reference I am NC20-25 and have very dry skin and I use Santa Fe.

on 11/28/2010 12:07:00 AM

I was really curious about the foundation because of the great reviews on Youtube etc. and I got the Sheer Glow and Sheer Matte samples in Punjab and Fiji which both are a good match to my NC25 skin.
However, I hated Sheer Matte immediately because of how poorly it goes on. Sheer Glow took a couple of hours of wear for me to hate. Although it spreads nicely and the color is great, it feels really silliconey -- reminded me a lot of L'oreal True Match. As the day went on the foundation starting reall sttling into my lines and accentuating any dryness as well as becoming shiny at the same time.
Even though I'm quite oily, my face was very dehydrated after 7 hours of wear just like with True Match.
Will not be purchasing.

on 11/27/2010 10:19:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I walked in Sephora with trying this out in mind and turns out the SA who helped me uses this - her skin looked beautiful and she raved about how smooth and light it feels as well as it's great coverage. I agreed with her on all 3 counts.

Unfortunately, I was very disappointed that it didn't work for me. I have combination oily t-zone and tend to get dry in some areas. This looked amazing when I first put it on in the day, but by mid-day, it made me super oily and the oilyness caused the foundation to break down, emphasize (maybe cause?) dry patches. It looked so good initially that I really wished it had worked out.

For reference, I have golden light skin and was matched to Ceyland.

Video Reviews & Tutorials