July 30, 2014 | 2007 users online

Lip Gloss - Lancome - Lancome Juicy Tubes

image 0image 1image 2

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/21/2003 7:12:00 PM More reviews by Ariella4ever

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

i like these. i own them in kiwi juice and cerise. the slant tip applicator is nice. and thank goodness they are not tacky. the ones that have it shimmer mildly too :)

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/20/2003 10:31:00 PM More reviews by ashleybabes

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I bought two of these when they came out...the pink and blue ones. One smelled like mint, the other bubble gum, but only for a little while. After just a few months they started to smell foul. Almost like they had gone bad. Maybe the batch I got was rotten...I didn't really care for them at all anyway. I don't think I will ever try those again.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/19/2003 9:06:00 PM More reviews by MoonJelly

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I loved Juicy Tubes! :) I bought the light pink and light blue Juicy Tube when they first came out. I really like the slanted applicator and the texture...not too thin and not too thick. It is great over lipstick or just by itself.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/18/2003 2:31:00 PM More reviews by MegE

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have mixed feelings on these glosses. What I love about them is that they aren't overly sticky/tacky, have high shine, and come in portable tubes w/ a slant tip applicator. The problems are that I have to do the smell test before buying any, as if I hate the scent or find it obnoxious, I won't wear the gloss, no matter how pretty it is. This happened with Coral Rush, which is one of the first wearable pinky corals I have found for my cool-toned, MAC NC20/Stila B skin. It was flattering on, but the watermelon Jolly Rancher scent was too strong for me, and I had to return it. I also have and love Simmer, which is a stunning pinky/peachy/nudish color w/ pink opalescence, and smells nicely of a creamsicle. Not too strongly scented, imo.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/15/2003 10:14:00 AM More reviews by perrier

This lipgloss is fab! i have it in Cerise and Raisin. Cerise is a pretty pink, with small, subtle flecks of gold glitter, and on, it gives your lips a great natural colour boost.

Raisin is a darker, more purple colour with a satin sheen.

The size of these tubes is great to carry in a handbag, and the applicator is built into the tube - so no messy parts.

The gloss last for hours, and can be applied in a light layer, for a more natural look, or thicker for a very glam effect.

I am definately going to try this in other colours too.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/11/2003 4:05:00 PM More reviews by kimmytang

I must be in the minority here. To be honest, i'm not a fan of sticky lipglosses but this one wasn't too bad. The scents were surprisingly nice, not too sticky. 'fraise' and 'beach plum' are the best IMO. 'miracle' made me feel nauseous and 'lychee' had the prettiest shade but the smell was disgusting.
I would repurchase if i found a shade and flavour i could stand wearing for a few hours.
*UPDATE* I just bought Chilled and i ADORE it! Its a fresh sweet raspberry scented sparkly sheer toffee beige shade. I think this deserves 4.5 lipsticks! :)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/7/2003 3:21:00 PM More reviews by missdaisy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

I don't completely love these as much as some people, but they do provide a nice glassy shine and come in some pretty colors. Framboise is a nice sheer pink and a favorite for this summer. The stickiness factor is pretty high on these glosses and since I have long hair, it can get annoying on windy days. Overall this isn't an everyday gloss for me, I personally prefer something with a creamier consistency, but these are fun and fruity, and I recommend at least giving them a try if you havenít yet. Spring Fling and Hallucination are good for beginners.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/4/2003 6:32:00 PM More reviews by mandy_mann

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Lancome Juicy Tubes

The retail markup on this product is unbelievable; I bet it is the same for all department store products. I can get Lancome for the cost the store gets it at because my roommate works at a Lancome retailer. The tube's retail price is $19. The non markup price is ten dollars. Unbelievable!

Anyways, I really like this gloss. The shade I have is called Coral Rush; I apply it with a brush and it intensifies my natural lip colour and adds subtle shimmer. It gives shine without blinding everyone like MAC's Lipglass does. It's tasty too!

Dont get me wrong...I LOVE MAC's Clear Lipglass too.

Hint: For longer wear with the frosted Juicy Tube shades, brush on a thin layer of lipstick that is the same color (or two shades lighter) as the gloss shade or gently color in your lips with a lip pencil the same color as your lips. For the Coral Rush shade, I use MAC Frost Lipstick in High Strung.

continued >>

rated 4 of 5 on 1/4/2003 12:54:00 PM More reviews by kna5581

I have this in sirop d'eau and I like it alot. The blue color enahces my lips' own color when worn alone. Very shiny finish and sort of sticky. It's pricey, but I found one for a good price on eBay.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/3/2003 7:57:00 PM More reviews by CaliChristina

This is one of my favorite glosses! Juicy Tubes gives gorgeous shine and tons of flavor and scent (although some of the scents are horrible *cough*Miracle*cough*). This is sort of sticky and drys out after 15-20 minutes though. I think I might prefer Neutrogena MS glosses!