BeneFit Cosmetics HOOLA

4.1

on 10/23/2007 8:41:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This product is quite expensive, the type of product i would want but not be able to justify spending the money on. Luckily for me i got bought it as a gift. The packaging was lovely- and looks good in my room. Not that all i do with my make-up is display it! Having first tried it i was impressed with its mattness. I am not a fan of shimmery bronzers at all and find they just look tacky on me. I prefer to just use a little highlighter after instead. The brush it came with was not the best to use and i found using your own brush provided much better results. The bronzer itself was okay. Not the best i have tried. I found that it could be quite dirty looking if you put it on badly or haven't put your make-up on underneath very well. I just needed a touch as it was quite dark on me. The tone was nice, and not too orangey which was also good. I found it defined my cheekbones nicely when i sweeped a little under them.

on 10/22/2007 12:43:00 PM

Cute packaging, but for what it is, overpriced. $33 CDN for a bronzer that's not incredible is a little steep, even for a product junkie like me. What's nice about Hoola is that it's actually brown, and there's no hint of orange to this bronzer in the least. It must be applied with a light hand, to prevent a "dirty" finish, and I find a stippling brush is the only tool I can use with this. Overall, a nice little product by Benefit, but I've found better, like Guerlain's Terracotta. Yet again a pricey product, but that one gives an effortless glow, while this requires a bit of work.

I have no words to describe how much I dislike this product. wayyyy to dark for any complexion in my opinion, dusty. No matter how you do it you will look dirty with this and the price is ridiculous for such a cheap quality. The only good thing about this is the cute packaging but must mention that the brush is really bad too, sorry Benefit... you did it again. I still can't understand how this was voted best on sephora!!! Save your money or get a really good one (Cargo, Nars). I would recommend hoola for contouring purposes only.

on 10/16/2007 4:49:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine

While I love the fact that it is an actual BROWN colour, because my skin is so combo/acne prone it makes me look dirty.
But the colour is gorgeous, and I end up using it on my eyes, as a base for a smokey eye.

on 10/11/2007 2:28:00 PM

of course the bronzer wont be shimmery- it has no shimmer in it!!!!!!!

on 10/6/2007 2:01:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

This is the best bronzer Ive ever purchased. It actually makes you BROWN instead of some nasty artifical orangey color! You have to be careful when applying it though -a little defintely goes a long way.The downside is I cant use it year round :( This only looks natural on me when Ive already got a bit of a tan. During my paler winter months it just makes my face look sort of dirty. For that reason this bronzer only gets 3 lippies from me.

on 9/21/2007 2:37:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

hoola only works for NORMAL skin. i cannot emphasize this enough, ladies. if you have oily or dry skin, hoola is NOT for you and it will look like "mud smeared on your face". sure the brush isnt ideal.... at all. what i do is i throw the brush away and use my regular liz watier (sp) brush. hoola will do wonders if you have the right skin for it.

I am such a huge bronzer fan and have wanted this one for YEARS. After going thru the reviews here i decided not to get it, and that even on my nc30 light tan skin it would be too dark (laguna is so far my HG). My friend, knowing my indecisiveness with this bronzer, bought me one for my birthday. i was soooooooooo excited, as i am with all new makeup. i couldnt wait to try it. Yes the brush is bad, but i have tried applying it with my super expensive pout brush, mac and benefit brush.....and nothing, not the brush, or the technique makes it look like anything but mud smeared on my face. The thing is the colour isnt 'bad' and i can see if its applied super lightly and precisely on a slightly darker skintone it COULD look great. but its soooo powdery. i duno, but i just cannot use this. up for swap it goes.... :(

on 9/3/2007 11:06:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

I really love this bronzer. I'm a total bronzer/self-tanner addict too. Although here's the very important catch *** DO NOT USE THE BRUSH THAT COMES W/ IT! ** Using this brush really made it look "dirty" on my face. I use a really soft, full brush and only lightly dust it on. So much better that way.

on 9/3/2007 10:13:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

Not good for me- made my face look dirty. But I have that problem with all bronzers- so, hmmmm....maybe I should stop buying bronzers ???
In this case, it's probably not them; it's me, but this was not for me at all.

Top Rated BeneFit Cosmetics Products