July 30, 2014 | 2139 users online

Foundations - Make Up For Ever - HD High Definition Foundation

rated 5 of 5 on 7/28/2011 12:13:00 PM More reviews by trinadawn

I find the coverage on this to be great, I smooth it on and it covers all the imperfections without looking too heavy. I hardly need any concealer at all after using this and just a light dusting of powder to finish it off!

rated 2 of 5 on 7/23/2011 8:34:00 PM More reviews by beeyoutiful

It is kind of an invisible coverage... And I have a lot of redness and scars that I need to cover up. It is buildable, but I find that I have to use a lot to get the coverage that I need... which just wastes product! And it is also very expensive. It does however feel very light weight, and is good for the summer time if you don't want to wear much foundation or make it feel like you're not. I would not wear it during winter. As for packaging, it's cute but the lid is very large and my cap tends to be squeaky and i have to pump it a few times to get product out... and it's still almost a full bottle.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/23/2011 3:33:00 PM More reviews by stephydear

This foundation has great buildable coverage without looking cakey, looks amazing in pictures, and lasts all day IF you use a good primer like Smashbox Photo Finish or Benefit The POREfessional. I would have given it 5 stars if it didn't need a primer so much. The lightest shade is a perfect match for me (which is my biggest makeup challenge) as I'm super fair with a cool undertone. I've used it in both very dry and super humid climates, and it's great for both. Just use a setting mist like ELF's if you live someplace humid. You definitely get what you pay for.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/23/2011 3:02:00 AM More reviews by MYCATSHADOW

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have EXTREMELY oily skin & there are in fact very few liquid foundations that I can use. MAC Pro Longwear & Revlon Colorstay happen to be the only 2 liquid foundations that I would even think about wearing..... UNTIL..... this! I couldn't help but become interested in this foundation namely because of the numerous rave reviews worldwide on this product. Also, the packaging is perfect. If someone were to tell me to design a liquid foundation bottle, then this would be it! THE BEST & most user friendly bottle I've ever dealt with. As for the formula.... It actually blends in with one's own skin. It's as if your skin looks flawless yet natural, & it also doesn't feel like you have anything on at all. I really was floored by this product. I get the same flawless coverage as I do from the MAC Pro Longwear & the Revlon CS, but my face doesn't really look like I'm wearing foundation. Revlon CS does in fact look like I'm wearing foundation, & I'm a pro at blending. This HD foundation is effortless. I feel as if it's mistake-proof. This liquid also dries down to a beautifu, matte & transfer resistant finish. I have very oily skin & I've been wearing this makeup throughout my 1 hour long work-out sessions & then going outside in the 100 degree heat. My makeup still looks good when I get home. How the heck can that be???? The secret is this HD foundation. I know it may seem pricey, but I think that this will be my new HG foundation...

rated 3 of 5 on 7/21/2011 7:32:00 PM More reviews by dawngalindez

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This foundation is great if you want a natural coverage, it doesnt look like your wearing anything but in that way it can also be bad if you want it to cover scars or redness it will slightly do that. It seems like its not long lasting but i realized its just a light coverage overall i think it can be good if you dont really have problem skin and just want a nice color and glow to your skin but besides that i would reccomend you dont get this foundation

rated 2 of 5 on 7/21/2011 6:16:00 PM More reviews by ricecrispys313

i feel bad for giving it a low rating, but I am doing that based on price. This is mediocre foundation at a huge cost.
Really, it's not terrible. The one thing I did like about it is that it stopped greasiness on my nose for a little bit...
This foundation is cakey. I've tried it with my fingers, a stipling brush as well as a regular foundation brush, and it cakes up. I just read a review that said the same exact thing... even with just a thin coat! It also feels too heavy. It's like I know that I have foundation on, and I think people are staring because it is just that obvious.
Plus, I have yet to find a color. Maybe that not the foundation's fault, cause I have had some sephora associates given me awful colors. I have tanned olive skin, yet the continue to push beigy too-light colors on me. It looks so awful. Maybe that's just bad selection, are maybe they are trying to make up for a lack of a color matching me. For what I have tried, the foundations are too pink-based for me.
This product is seriously all hype. I got it, returned it and a year later wanted to give it another try after positive feedback of others and was once again disappointed. Now that's my fault for giving it a second chance.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/21/2011 3:39:00 AM More reviews by niki0315

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

not meant for dehydrated oily skin. I couldn't get it work beautifully on my face no matter I did a good job on moisturizer and primer. The color I picked was #125 Sand which I felt a little darker than my NC25-30 skin.
Because it dried out my skin so it made my face looks old. Also I do not feel the coverage was great.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/21/2011 12:09:00 AM More reviews by KimberlyDoll10

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Surprisingly, did not like this at all. 1) I couldnt find an exact match which is strange considering they have so many colors, many more than drugstore foundations which I am used to buying. 2) No matter how I applied this, it looked cakey and did not cover scars and imperfections at all. Building wasnt optional because with one layer it looked cakey and obvious. I tried it with a beautyblender, my fingers, foundation brush and stippling brush. Its a shame because it looks so nice in photos. 3) This is also super expensive. Revlon Photoready looks less cakey and more natural than this foundation and its so much cheaper! That is what I have been using for the past year and I will stick with it.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/20/2011 8:21:00 AM More reviews by Ceejay90

The MUFE HD foundation is so overrated! Normally, I don't spend as much on a foundation, but because of all the good reviews I gave it a try.

The thing I did like about this foundation is that it feels really lightweight, very natural like you haven't even got make-up on :) Foundation looks great on me.. for like two hours max. Later on my face looks like greasy.. ughh! Not worth the money at all!

rated 2 of 5 on 7/16/2011 11:17:00 PM More reviews by defendergirl

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I, too, wanted to love this. Problem is it was an oily mess after about 2 hours. Perhaps I applied it wrong. Here's how I did it: started off with MAC primer, then put on my MUFE HD, and set it with Studio Fix Powder+. The finish looked great, so I know this makeup has potential, however, watch out if you have oily skin. Overall, this is great for photos but not so ideal for oily-skinned sistas in person.