December 19, 2014 | 1415 users online

Foundations - Make Up For Ever - HD High Definition Foundation

rated 5 of 5 on 9/16/2011 6:42:00 PM More reviews by EvaW

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Other, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

I was looking for a good foundation for pictures, and this is what i was told would be amazing. And it is. The coverage is lovely, you can wear it sheerer or build it up. I apply it with the Real tecniques stippling brush, and it makes it flawless. I was concered this would make me break out, but it has mixed with my skin fine. I find if you are oily and dont wear a primer or an oil control mattifer, you will get shiny. Its unavoidable, but that should not take away how nice this is. The price is high, and i searched for a cheaper alternative, but came back to this in the end. You must try if you are looking for a new foundation.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/14/2011 8:17:00 PM More reviews by abbby123

I REALLY WANTED TO LIKE THIS FOUNDATION A LOT BUT, SADLY ... I didnt.... the reason why is if i had any situations that would threaten my make up .. like humid weather, oillines .... it wouldnt even put up a good fight ... plus it tends to slip off like the tops of your pimples .. which is the thing i want to cover most but, it would look nice for 30 mins then for get it ... i have less acne now and oily but, i still wouldnt reconmend it. Oh well...

Hopes this helps someone .. :)

May God Bless You ! !

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/14/2011 6:34:00 PM More reviews by ukarmencb

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Black

The BEST foundation I ever tried and I tried a good deal. Completely invisible, light-weight and mimics perfectly your own skin. Since I purchased Mufe HD Foundation I don´t want anything else.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/11/2011 4:36:00 AM More reviews by NARSgirl4life

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

i got the foundation, and it isn't really worth the price. I have the L'Oreal mousse foundation and this...I always pick the mousse over this. Isn't worth the price. I won't be re purchasing.
Oh, and the top always falls off in my purse.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/9/2011 11:00:00 PM More reviews by dtupaz

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I ordered this in Light from QVC kit and could not find a color number like on Sephora. Anyway, the light worked well for me. It was nearly undetectable in bright sunlight. I thought it covered well for my purposes (mostly clear skin with some redness, minor acne and no age spots). I used the primer, the foundation, the concealer, and the powder and was initially impressed. It smoothed out my skin beautifully and my husband even commented on it. I actually looked like I had good skin. I was sold....until the end of the day. My face became unusually oily as the day went on, so I don't think the powder was doing a good job for the price. The foundation did not last either. It seemed to slip off my skin and it did not look as well at night as it did in the morning. I am going back to my Tarte Amazonian Clay Full Coverage foundation in light. It gave a similar look but it balanced my skin and lasted all day. Due to the price and length of performance, I will not likely repurchase this product.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/9/2011 2:54:00 PM More reviews by ctconcannon

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I love this foundation because of the selection of shades on the light side. I can understand why someone with a darker skin tone would have trouble finding the right shade, but I am usually too fair for the lightest shade in most foundations.
I am actually the second lightest shade (!) and I love the coverage. I apply it with a kabuki brush and it blends perfectly. The foundation stays on for a long time, especially when set with powder.
This foundation is also in a pump form, which is really important in keeping the makeup clean and not depositing germs into the bottle. Do not even consider getting a foundation without this packaging.
The price is a deterrent, but the quality cannot be beaten.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 9/9/2011 2:19:00 PM More reviews by trinigal

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I wanted to like this fondation soo much. There is so much hype surrounding this fondation. Note the journey i took , while trying my best to make this foundation work: I tried a sample of the 177 it was too dark. Then i tried a sample of the 173 it was too light. I then mixed in some 177 with 173. The color match was closer but no dice. the coverage was very matte and it gave off a white caste( either because the color was wrong for me or because the formula was wrong for me) either way i didn't like this fondation at all. I wll say that it is a very fluid type liquid , almost watery and the coverage is buildable.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/9/2011 9:49:00 AM More reviews by blyss

Overview:
I'm a foundation junkie and I am in a constant search for my HG foundation. I tried this one off and on for a month and realized this was not ideal for me. The foundation undertone wasn't bad but wasn't a perfect match. The texture was probably the worst thing about it. It sat on my skin and didn't really dry down. It felt heavy. The application also required a bit more work than I wanted to do first thing in the morning. It can look good but requires more work to get it looking good. This foundation also didn't last long on my oily skin. Even with the HD powder on top, this maybe lasted 3 hours before breaking down and sliding on my skin.

My Skin:
I'm combination-oily with a bit of acne. I did have a few years of being acne free but that's long gone. I do react badly to chemical sunscreen and my skin is prone to break-outs to certain ingredients. I can guess you can say my skin is sensitive!

I'm a NC25, Shu 774 (winter) or 764 (summer), and Shiseido O20. I have golden undertones so most brands do not match me. They're either too pink or too peachy.

Product Characteristics (Colour or Textures):
I tried a few shades before I settled on 120. 123 was too dark and was olive, 125 was neutral golden but I needed more golden undertones and it was also a tad bit too dark, 118 was peachy on me, and 120 was the best match. It had the most golden undertone (though it still wasn't a perfect match) and it seemed to be the right colour depth.
It comes in a pump bottle which is a marked improvement over the old F&B bottle. Mine still dispensed a bit too much each time but it was still handy to have the pump. The liquid consistency is a bit thicker than most foundations I prefer. It still was easy to spread but you really needed a good damp sponge to make this look great. You cannot just easily brush it on in the mornings. In order for this foundation to look great, I had to use a damp sponge, stipple it on, and then buff it with a flat top after it dried down a bit. It requires a lot of work. Even after doing that, it requires a powder. A good foundation can opt out of one but not this one.

This foundation did not work with my combo oily skin. The foundation started to break down after 3 hours. And if I was to use this to go out at a club, forget it. It'll break down faster with sweat. I know it claims to be waterproof but I don't believe that holds true. This foundation does not set on my skin and I can feel it being quite heavy. The coverage is a medium - full with a dewy satin finish. It cannot be layered as it will look incredibly cakey.

Results:
After 3 weeks of trying it out, I gave up on it. It's too much work and it doesn't last the day. I swapped this one away with no regrets.

Cost:
In Canada, this is a bit on the pricey side but not unreasonable for a ME - HE department store brand.

Why I Like it:
Kudos to MUFE to have a vast range of foundations. It's nice to see more than 8 shades for a foundation line.

Why I don't like it:
It felt awful on the skin. It took way too much work for it to look good and to only have it breakdown and look like a mess only 3 hours later.

Would I buy it again?
no no no no no no. NO!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/8/2011 10:37:00 PM More reviews by peggy1234

I thought this was possibly one of the worst foundations I have ever tried. I have dry skin. This went on so sheer and did not cover anything up. Age spots were obvious. It looked like I forgot to put makeup on. It then looked greasy, (I have a dry skin!) like I had not washed my face. It was very watery and would not give any coverage. I even shook it wondering if it was't mixed or a bad batch. I am so puzzled by the great reviews on this product. I love ester lauded double wear but it photographs so poorly that I was willing to pay for a good hd one. I wouldn't buy this even in a dollar store! The drug stores make better foundations than this for much less money. I really hated this-can you tell? Yes I stippled it and used primer. I also applied with my fingers to see if that would help. I then tried hd powder over it. Nothing worked. My husband commented that he thought I did not have makeup on and why was my face greasy?
Update 9-15-2011
I decided to give this another try due to all the rave reviews everywhere. This time I shook it really well before using it. This made it a much better product and I think that may have been the problem. It now has better coverage and does look very
natural. It seemed to hold up well and not give such a greasy look.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/8/2011 8:51:00 PM More reviews by Jcarb916

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Hazel

Was looking for a new foundation and fell into the rave of this product. It make work wonders for others, but it didn't for me. I have combination skin and would've thought this would be alright for me, as the sephora associate suggested. But that was wrong! First off the color that I was, was no longer in stock! So I had to go for the next shade which came out too yellow on me. Even applying primer and a powder afterwards, it didn't last so long and ended up being a complete mess. I was really looking for that "HD" affect and did not get it. Even with a good primer, this still somehow managed to settle into all my pores and look too messy. For me this did not work, for others it may. I suggest this for those who have no flaws on their skin. I was happy to return this and return to my matte velvet plus, which I will love forever.