July 26, 2014 | 965 users online

Foundations - Make Up For Ever - HD High Definition Foundation

rated 2 of 5 on 7/21/2011 6:16:00 PM More reviews by ricecrispys313

i feel bad for giving it a low rating, but I am doing that based on price. This is mediocre foundation at a huge cost.
Really, it's not terrible. The one thing I did like about it is that it stopped greasiness on my nose for a little bit...
This foundation is cakey. I've tried it with my fingers, a stipling brush as well as a regular foundation brush, and it cakes up. I just read a review that said the same exact thing... even with just a thin coat! It also feels too heavy. It's like I know that I have foundation on, and I think people are staring because it is just that obvious.
Plus, I have yet to find a color. Maybe that not the foundation's fault, cause I have had some sephora associates given me awful colors. I have tanned olive skin, yet the continue to push beigy too-light colors on me. It looks so awful. Maybe that's just bad selection, are maybe they are trying to make up for a lack of a color matching me. For what I have tried, the foundations are too pink-based for me.
This product is seriously all hype. I got it, returned it and a year later wanted to give it another try after positive feedback of others and was once again disappointed. Now that's my fault for giving it a second chance.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/21/2011 3:39:00 AM More reviews by niki0315

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

not meant for dehydrated oily skin. I couldn't get it work beautifully on my face no matter I did a good job on moisturizer and primer. The color I picked was #125 Sand which I felt a little darker than my NC25-30 skin.
Because it dried out my skin so it made my face looks old. Also I do not feel the coverage was great.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/21/2011 12:09:00 AM More reviews by KimberlyDoll10

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Surprisingly, did not like this at all. 1) I couldnt find an exact match which is strange considering they have so many colors, many more than drugstore foundations which I am used to buying. 2) No matter how I applied this, it looked cakey and did not cover scars and imperfections at all. Building wasnt optional because with one layer it looked cakey and obvious. I tried it with a beautyblender, my fingers, foundation brush and stippling brush. Its a shame because it looks so nice in photos. 3) This is also super expensive. Revlon Photoready looks less cakey and more natural than this foundation and its so much cheaper! That is what I have been using for the past year and I will stick with it.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/20/2011 8:21:00 AM More reviews by Ceejay90

The MUFE HD foundation is so overrated! Normally, I don't spend as much on a foundation, but because of all the good reviews I gave it a try.

The thing I did like about this foundation is that it feels really lightweight, very natural like you haven't even got make-up on :) Foundation looks great on me.. for like two hours max. Later on my face looks like greasy.. ughh! Not worth the money at all!

rated 2 of 5 on 7/16/2011 11:17:00 PM More reviews by defendergirl

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I, too, wanted to love this. Problem is it was an oily mess after about 2 hours. Perhaps I applied it wrong. Here's how I did it: started off with MAC primer, then put on my MUFE HD, and set it with Studio Fix Powder+. The finish looked great, so I know this makeup has potential, however, watch out if you have oily skin. Overall, this is great for photos but not so ideal for oily-skinned sistas in person.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/16/2011 11:27:00 AM More reviews by misanders

I tried this foundation for a week and found it didn't work for my skin. I'm giving it a 4 because it is a great foundation. Looked like your skin, but better. The problem is that this foundation just doesn't work on dry skin. My chin gets dry and this made it look worse. The rest of my face looked great. You really have to buy for your skin type. So anyone with normal- oily skin will love this.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/15/2011 6:30:00 PM More reviews by geminisquared

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I have used foundations from MAC, Giorgio Armani, Sisley, Illemaqua, Nars, Lancome, Clinique, Dior, Guerlain, Lorac and so many more I can't remember, but this is by far the best I've ever used. It has unbelievable coverage, seems to "glow" (not shine) from within, wears all day, matches beautifully (I mix my regular color with a darker one when I have a faux tan). I can't say enough about it. It creates a moisturized, even canvas for makeup but never looks mask-like or powdery. This is my favorite foundation of all time.

Until I find one I like better. :)

rated 3 of 5 on 7/15/2011 2:10:00 PM More reviews by bambooflower

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have tried time after time to get this foundation to match, but it just doesn't work for me. I am plagued with a face lighter than my neck, and have not yet found a good match with MUFE HD foundation, believe it or not. Whenever I go in store they match me to 123 or 127 (though one not-so-good Sephora clerk tried to match me to 125 when I have dark yellow olive undertones) but while they work, they give me a slight white cast because they are a tad light for my face. 123 is my favorite because of the olive undertone, but it would need to be darkened to work for me. 153 (the medium with olive undertone) is orange on me and definitely doesn't work. I would try 123 mixed with 128 or 155, but for a line that has so many color choices, I don't feel like I should have to mix to get my match. (for reference I am about an NC37 with olive undertones)

Aside from color match, this foundation looks beautiful in photos, but turns me into a grease ball in about 4 hours. I rarely get greasy at work since it's freezing in there, but the 2 times I wore this I because so oily I was glistening. I have pretty dry skin in general, but this foundation made me oily.

All in all, if this works for you, that's great. But it didn't work for me.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/15/2011 1:52:00 PM More reviews by dx9618

this is an amazing foundation!! I used to use bare minerals matte to help with oil control until i realized it would oxidize HORRIBLY and id orange by the end of the day, (orange on brown skin, barf). This foundation however looks so amazing and lasts a really long time. I use with a primer and this helps with the staying power and oil control. I also love the color match, perfect my Indian yellow-goldish brown skin. It also looks amazing in pictures! I didn't even need to use my concealer, one coat of this foundation with fingers did the trick. If you want more coverage, buffing it in a little with a brush does the trick. I took out one lippie cuz it is expensive, but it is a pretty big bottle so if it lasts at least a year (which it prob will cuz you only need a little) then it is def worth it!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/14/2011 1:25:00 PM More reviews by Johannah124

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love love love this foundation!! I use this whenever I have a photo shoot and it makes my skin look great!! Gives awesome coverage and doesn't feel thick at all!