Make Up For Ever HD High Definition Foundation [DISCONTINUED]

3.6

Aqua, Cyclopentasiloxane, Neopentyl Glycol Diethylhexanoate, Mica, talc, PEG-10 Dimenthicone, Biosaccharide Gum-1, Phenyl, Trimethicone, Sodium Chloride, Lauroyl Lysine, Dimenthicone Crosspolymer, Glyceryl Caprylate, Methylpropanediol, Butylene Glycol, Phenoxyethanol, Chlorphenesin, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Sodium Myristoyl Glutamate, Cyclohexacyloxane, Methylisothiazolinone, Sorbitan Sesquileate, Silver Oxide, Propylene, Carbonate, Parfum (fragrance), Methylparaben, Fagus Sylvatica Extract (Fagus Sylvatica Bud Extract), Hydrolyzed Yeast Protein, [+/- CI 77891 )titanium Dioxide), CI 77491 (Iron Oxides), CI 77499 (Iron Oxides).

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

I am shade 117. I love this foundation because it looks extremely natural when applied with a duo fiber brush. It can be sheered out even further with a damp sponge. I love the dewy glow it gives and the good coverage at the same time. I find that i have to use a concealer on acne but it covers up reddness very well. It is very long wearing as well. I wore it to a concert and it didnt move at all by the end of the night.

on 12/29/2011 10:00:00 AM

I'm the number 120 in this and i have to say this is an awesome foundation, it has medium coverage and it glides on my skin beautifully, doesn't give you cake face at all. the only down side is that I'm looking for dewy finish and this is a satin finish but that's why i bought it, its close to dewy, i absolutely hate matte foundations. this is an amazing foundation. i'll buy it again for sure

on 12/28/2011 11:08:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

Purchased this recently in #115. Not enough coverage, though nice texture.

Going back to my trusted 12-year standby, Laura Mercier's Warm Ivory.

on 12/27/2011 11:58:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

Hair: Other, Curly, Medium

Im an nc42 & i bought this in shade 153. I love how this looks on me, it looks just like skin. The color match is dead on. It has medium coverage, and a liquidy consistency. Leaves such a nice finish to the skin.

The negatives are unless i set it with my ben nye final seal spray, it doesnt last all day, and it doesnt control oil.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I give this product two stars because it is nowhere NEAR worth the $40 you shell out for it. I should have done more research before I got this foundation, but I unfortunately gave into the hype instead. First of all, while the description on the MUFE website claims the foundation is medium-to-full coverage, it is not. It is incredibly sheer, and if you try to build, the foundation transfers horribly and slips into the corners/creases of your face (and I'm only 22 years old and generally wrinkle free- wtf!?), even with a primer, and even then doesn't manage to achieve full coverage. So, yes, it's invisible in photos...but only because you might as well not be wearing anything on your face. Second of all, this foundation is oil-free but the silicones are disastrous for even the driest skin- OIL SLICK LIKE WHOA. Two hours and you're shining like you slathered your face in vegetable oil. I'll probably finish up this bottle just because I refuse to throw $40 in the trash, but I will never buy this for myself again. If you want an HD foundation for pictures and film, try another brand.

on 12/27/2011 6:02:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

This is such a great foundation but I just can't afford it. It has such great coverage and if I had acne prone skin or needed so much coverage, I would find a way to buy this over and over again. But because I really don't need a lot of coverage, I can't justify spending money on this, even though it is REALLY great and I love it. My skin looks perfect and they have a great range of shades for people with warmer and darker tones. The shade for me is also perfect, which is rare since I tend to linger in the medium to tan shades always-- not quite tan but not light either. Anyway, this is a really great foundation and if you buy it, I'm sure you won't regret it! When I can afford this, I will definitely buy it again.

on 12/26/2011 12:46:00 PM

Even though I can't really afford it, I always end up coming back to this foundation. The best part is that it doesn't look or feel like you are wearing makeup, but still provides good coverage and evens your skin out. It's very silky and not heavy or cakey. The coverage is medium-ish but is buildable. The finish is really beautiful, it gives you a nice glowy, dewy look. If you are someone who prefers a matte finish, I may not recommend it for you but otherwise it's a wonderful foundation. I don't buy it all the time because I simply can't afford the $40 price tag. I do come back to it every now and then though because it makes my skin look so amazing.

on 12/26/2011 4:59:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

i got a sample of this foundation and i love it it's sheer even thought i have redness in my face it covers it all and it makes my skin look beautiful! i would buy it again specially cause it feels like i don't have anything on my skin.

on 12/26/2011 4:49:00 AM

This foundation is just simply amazing!! I don't have a lot of acne or problems with my skin, just discoloration and the tiny pimple here and there. That's why I've always thought my foundations needed to be "sheer" and "lightweight". Before MUFE, I used the Bobbi Brown moisture rich foundation which a. disappeared from my face in about an hour and b. made my skin pretty oily. I believed it was an amazing foundation though because of how moisturizing it was.
This foundation, however, has a great powdery finish, stays on ALL day, gives great coverage(and even if you have pretty good skin, I've learnt you stil need foundations with great coverage because it just makes the difference!) and doesn't break me out either. My skin's a bit dry in the winter so I like mixing this with my Laura Mercier tinted moisturizer, and it still lasts all day long. I love this product!!

on 12/26/2011 3:47:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

By far the best investment I have ever made for a beauty product. I have spent hundreds and hundreds of dollars trying to find that just right foundation and with Make Up For Ever-HD Foundation, I finally found it. Makes your skin look FLAWLESS. I do have a bit of adult acne as well and that was always a problem but definetly not now with make up for ever. I don't have the words to do this product the justice that it provides! You must try it! 5 STARS!