November 28, 2014 | 2044 users online

Eye Primer - Too Faced - Shadow Insurance

rated 5 of 5 on 2/14/2010 3:25:00 PM More reviews by mkim12313

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

OMG OMG OMG
SOOOO GOOD!!! this is my HG primer for eyeshadow. I was using the Urban decay primer potion, that everyone freaks out about. I just used it because it came with my beloved book of shadows volume 2. but honestly i never really liked it. it was really oily and creased. I think that these two, UDPP and TFSI are main competitors but I'm sorry for me TFSI wins hands down. it keep my makeup on forever and the blendability is amazing. and it also makes my normally dull-sih eye shadows pop with color. its like a tube of magic! i can't believe it. 5 lipsticks all the way! if you looooove makeup like me, i highly suggest this. i think that your eyeshadows deserve to be in tip top shape from day to night. otherwise, whats the point right?

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/14/2010 1:15:00 AM More reviews by aprilpinkbeauty

I read thousands of reviews on this product and UDPP trying to choose between the two. The packaging of UDPP turned me off so I got my friend to pick up TFSI up at a Sephora in the US. I'll be completely honest...I wasn't hopeful this would work for me. Even testing it out on my hand and noticing its kind of oily consistency I figured it would just make my eyelids worse.

***The most important thing to do with this product is to let it dry COMPLETELY before applying eyeshadow. If I don't let it dry it doesn't work for me.***

Overall, though...it makes my eyeshadow last much longer than no eye primer or other ones I've tried (smashbox, paint pots, etc). I noticed that it did make my eyeshadows brighter and made everything way more blend-able than without a primer. The tube is convenient and I like its smooth glide on consistency. I love using this on myself and I've gotten rave reviews from my clients as well for its staying power!

For some reason my skin gets used to products and it stops working so I switch back and forth between this and UDPP. My tube has gotten a little watery since purchasing it which is also annoying. I can't easily get my hands on Too Faced so I'll probably end up purchasing UDPP when I run out. But if I ever find myself in a store that carries Shadow Insurance I'll pick one up for my makeup gig case (I did say yes to repurchasing).

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/12/2010 6:12:00 PM More reviews by ascopes

this product does work HOWEVER, you can use a variety of things as primer. MAC paints and paintpots work well as a primer (they're also cheaper and have more product). You can also just use concealer on your eyelids...there is no need to use an expensive primer if it isn't necessary...

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/12/2010 2:25:00 PM More reviews by Hamstershell

This works as well as UDPP, but beats UDPP packaging anytime. It is very pricey, but I only need a tiny bit (like two poppy seed sized drops) to go over my lips. So the tube will last me a LONG time. Two thumbs up !!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/6/2010 8:58:00 PM More reviews by MichieKrum

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I was in love with UDPP until I tried Shadow Insurance. This not only makes my eye makeup stay and not crease, it really makes the colors pop! My shadow looks so much better and smoother!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/3/2010 7:02:00 PM More reviews by picklemesoftly

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

UDPP, move over! Shadow Insurance ensures that my eye shadow stays in place, without feeling dry, as was the case for me with UDPP. I like the small blue tube and I have no problem with dispensing the product - I use a brush to apply it onto my eyelids. I let this primer dry before applying eye shadow, and the drying process is very brief. Eye shadows are easy to work with over this primer - no flakes or uneven spots. I have no complaints.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/31/2010 1:02:00 PM More reviews by spaceagemouse

This product is cheaper than Urban Decay's eyelid primer, but in my opinion doesn't work as well. I don't think my lids are particularly oily, but I often have problems with my eyeliner transferring to my crease (hooray for Asian eyes). This primer goes on a little oily, and by the end of the day, I find that the eyeliner has traveled. I usually use Revlon Colorstay or MAC Fluidline, and this primer doesn't "protect" either of them. It's nice that it comes in a squeeze tube, which is more hygienic, but I think I'll probably stick to UDPP in the future.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/31/2010 10:07:00 AM More reviews by itsxmelissaxduh

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I tried this and, wanted to love it just so bad! I have VERY oily lids and, I tried this primer it did no justice for me it creased more than if I wouldn't have used primer. It creased badly in twenty five minutes. If you have super oily lids like me, I'd suggest UDPP!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/31/2010 2:51:00 AM More reviews by KristinClark

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I like this product, but don't love it. I feel like there are much better primers out there. It has a really nice, silky feel, but I feel like it sometimes squeezes out and goes on a little oily.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/31/2010 2:40:00 AM More reviews by ThatIsNOTHerShade

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I ♥ this! I have combination skin that leans dry, but have always had issue with creasing shadows. I've tried other primers, but this one is so far my favorite. It gives my shadows life for a day versus until lunch.

The color of the cream is a sheer nude--I can't see it at all once it is smoothed over my NW15/20 skintone. It feels somewhat silky going on, just be sure to use it sparingly (it really works best that way in my experience). continued >>