October 22, 2014 | 1801 users online

Eye Primer - Too Faced - Shadow Insurance

rated 4 of 5 on 1/31/2010 2:51:00 AM More reviews by KristinClark

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I like this product, but don't love it. I feel like there are much better primers out there. It has a really nice, silky feel, but I feel like it sometimes squeezes out and goes on a little oily.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/31/2010 2:40:00 AM More reviews by ThatIsNOTHerShade

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I ♥ this! I have combination skin that leans dry, but have always had issue with creasing shadows. I've tried other primers, but this one is so far my favorite. It gives my shadows life for a day versus until lunch.

The color of the cream is a sheer nude--I can't see it at all once it is smoothed over my NW15/20 skintone. It feels somewhat silky going on, just be sure to use it sparingly (it really works best that way in my experience). continued >>

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/30/2010 3:56:00 PM More reviews by Pamann

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I love this primer! Up until I heard about it, Urban Decay Primer Potion was my HG in this department, but no more! One of the main things I am overjoyed about is the packaging or container it comes in. It's a squeezy tube that is super easy to control the amount of prodct coming out and also to squeeze out the last bit of product without much effort. Whereas the UDPP was designed by men, obviously, or perhaps just a team of friggin idiots. Jeebus, who has time and inclination to perform surgery on their royal looking tube to gain access to the majority of the product?!
Also, the Too Faced is so much easier to apply. The UD would sometimes streak and apply a bit cakey and dry but this applies smoothly and effortlessly every time. After application I wait about 30 seconds and then start applying my shadow. Your lid is the tiniest bit tacky from the primer and really grabs the product and amplifies the color without getting a damp steaky color application. My color stays bright and flawless all day, even if I go work out and sweat up a storm.
Will and have repurchased! Love it!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/30/2010 1:40:00 PM More reviews by 1somthinsouthern

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Okay, I tried this after a go round w/ UDPP. Now that I have been using this for awhile I can say that this one is just as good as UDPP. Maybe even better. I can fall asleep with eyeshadow on and in the morning its still holding on. Also you do not have to cut the packaging to get every drop of what you paid for. The squeeze tube is perfect. I can use my finger or a concealer brush to apply. It seems pricey but as I think about how long it has lasted (I use it everyday) it is really not that expensive. I have not tried another brand because I have been totally happy. When this tube is gone....I'm getting another one.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/30/2010 8:51:00 AM More reviews by Hollynla

This is one of those great products that actually does what it says it will do. I could not live without this. I have tried a few other eye lid primers but nothing, and I mean nothing comes close to this. My shadow stays in place for 14 hours, it does not budge, and that is amazing. Without using a primer, my eye makeup would need touching up by lunch. I will continue to buy this again and again.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/30/2010 8:33:00 AM More reviews by LJT1973

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I've tried a few different eye primers and this is hands down, my favorite! The price is reasonable and most importantly, it works!! My eyes are pretty sensitive, but I've never had any problems with this stuff. I will be re-buying!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/30/2010 8:19:00 AM More reviews by Eva32

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I didn't buy this, but I got a sample of it from Sephora. I'm fairly pleased, as it keeps my eyeshadows from creasing for 8 hours. It doesn't last all day, though, so this isn't the perfect primer for me. Though I have weird eyes. On my left eye, the eyeshadow lasts all day with the primer. My right eye, it creases by eight hours. I've pretty much resigned myself to the fact that nothing will stop my right eye from creasing.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/29/2010 2:53:00 AM More reviews by AMARIS178

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

love it.. but i wanna try UDPP though to see if it works better..

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/28/2010 10:57:00 AM More reviews by Mathilda91

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I would die without this! I've always had trubble with my eyeshadow not staying on, but with this it stays on all day (and night) It's easy to apply, and evens out the skin tone on my lid, so I don't need a base eyeshadow. I apply it with my (clean) finger, and smooth it out all over the lid. I apply eyeshadow over, and the colour is vibrant and long lasting. This is it!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/28/2010 6:43:00 AM More reviews by msshai

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Dark, Warm Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

I really dig this primer. I'm new to primers and used to only use cream shadow bases, but this is a great alternative that really keeps my makeup in place. I can get dolled up for a night on the town, pass out somewhere, and wake up and my [eye] makeup will still be in place. I gave this 4 lippies instead of 5 only because something about the product irritates my eyes a little and I can't be sure but I think it causes my contact lenses to rotate in my eyes. Maybe im nuts and its all in my head but it seems to only happen when I wear this.