September 18, 2014 | 1955 users online

Eye Primer - Too Faced - Shadow Insurance, Anti-Crease Eye Shadow Primer

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/28/2010 10:57:00 AM More reviews by Mathilda91

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I would die without this! I've always had trubble with my eyeshadow not staying on, but with this it stays on all day (and night) It's easy to apply, and evens out the skin tone on my lid, so I don't need a base eyeshadow. I apply it with my (clean) finger, and smooth it out all over the lid. I apply eyeshadow over, and the colour is vibrant and long lasting. This is it!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/28/2010 6:43:00 AM More reviews by msshai

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Dark, Warm Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

I really dig this primer. I'm new to primers and used to only use cream shadow bases, but this is a great alternative that really keeps my makeup in place. I can get dolled up for a night on the town, pass out somewhere, and wake up and my [eye] makeup will still be in place. I gave this 4 lippies instead of 5 only because something about the product irritates my eyes a little and I can't be sure but I think it causes my contact lenses to rotate in my eyes. Maybe im nuts and its all in my head but it seems to only happen when I wear this.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/27/2010 10:10:00 PM More reviews by champagnestars

I know there are heaps of rave about UDDP, but living in Australia i cant get UDDP unless i order online but this was available in our departmental store! I decided to give it a go & i must say i am impressed! I have oily lids, even gel liner which are supposed to be waterproof would not last on me! With this product though, the lasting power of whatever i use on my eye is great!

I think primers are really important to create a smooth area for you to work on, be it putting eyeshadow or anything on your lids! This has to be something which will be part of my collection (something which i will make sure i have enough to last!).

Say hello to no more greasy eye lids! 2 thumbs up! :D

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/27/2010 1:55:00 AM More reviews by darkeyedfran

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

I dont know how i lived without this before!!! i've been using this for a couple of months now and it has made such a difference to the life and color brilliance of my shadows. I did a test the other day just to see how effective this was in bringing out vibrancy in drug store shadows. I recently bought some of the Maybelline Color Plush shadows, without it they were muddy and didn't last so long but with the primer my eyes were still vibrant purple at 2 in the morning, over 14 hours of wear and the stuff held on! I love this stuff, i can't live without it now. this is one of my HG products!

rated 3 of 5 on 1/26/2010 2:42:00 AM More reviews by tokyofro

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I wasn't really impressed with this product. I bought it to try it out against my Urban Decay Primer Potion (which was at the same price point), and also because I liked the packaging better.

It seemed to be a bit too light for me, and didn't last nearly as long as the Primer Potion did. Also, the Shadow Insurance seems to separate, so you have to shake it up a bit prior to using it. I'm not sure if that was just an individual mishap or if it's common with the product...

While this wasn't too bad, I just prefer the Primer Potion much more because it lasted longer on my lids. I'll stick with the Urban Decay over this, definitely.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/25/2010 5:01:00 AM More reviews by Novavelle

I got this item in a sample kit with too faced lash injection mascara, and I normally use a MAC paint pot for a primer, so I thought this should work just as well. I used it and it's a little thinner then I like and it does have a really intresting smell to it, and I don't think it's in a good way. I woudln't swap in my paint pot for this any time soon, but it was intresting to try. As a primer it does work but I think there are better product's out there.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/24/2010 1:15:00 AM More reviews by emmyboop

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I actually never used this product as a shadow primer. I tested the sample at the store and found it too thin and watery and thought it smelled funny. Decided not to buy.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/23/2010 3:29:00 PM More reviews by livelovebe

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Black

I'm a first time eye primer user and I have to say, I never skip this product in my routine . My shadow colors are more vibrant and stay on for longer hours. I do need a touch up at the end of the day if I'm heading out after work but haven't had to through out the day. It has a nice soft texture and you just need a small drop. I'll most likely try another product just to compare. In general, eye primer is a must. I don't have any comparisons yet but I think this product was very good.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/23/2010 2:02:00 PM More reviews by elleokay

I've got fairly tough oily skin, even with my mild rosacea, but for some reason, this stuff burns my eyelids! I thought perhaps I had gotten a bad tube (which I skirted off to my mother, who adores it with her dry, crepey lids), but I repurchased just to try it out again... and the same thing happened after multiple attempts!

Even with the burning, the product is average at best on my oil-slick lids, creating maybe a 1-2 hour longer extension of color before creasing.

However, Too Faced got one thing right with this product: the packaging! The squeezy tube is fabulous. I wish other companies with other popular eye primers would follow suit... but for now, I'll stick with UDPP.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/22/2010 6:27:00 AM More reviews by Meeelissa

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

Awesome! I have oily lids and even though people it isn't good for oily lids, I'm glad I felt like I had to try it anyway! As a college student, pulling an all nighter was a frequent thing and this primer made my shadow look as good as when I had applied it 48 hours later! Even longer because sometimes i'd pass out (I know it's bad for the skin and eyes but hey...so are all nighters in general lol). I like that it has not dried out (which my UDPP did) and I've had it for a long time now. I feel for the quality the price is about right but it could be cheaper simply because it's so popular.

I also like that it has no parabens. UDPP has every paraben in it. UDPP is good but for me it only lasted roughly 12 hours and I just need longer. Most of my days are longer than that :(