September 2, 2014 | 1677 users online

Highlighters - BeneFit Cosmetics - High Beam

rated 5 of 5 on 2/3/2008 10:38:00 AM More reviews by sirensrising

If you've never used highlighter before, you'll be surprised at what a huge, beautiful difference it makes. High Beam is a perfect shimmering shell pink that gives your skin a gorgeous glow.

It's the first (and only) highlighter I've used but it's already a staple - I don't think I could ever try powder highlighter after the dewy, creamy, longlasting blend that is this pretty liquid. It'll last all night and my goodness, it's incredible. Wear it on your cheekbones, browbone (under the arch of your eyebrows) and cupids bow (try the bridge of your nose too if you don't have noticable pores or oil) and you'll glow like never before. It's super natural, no-one will know you're wearing it, only that you look lovely! You can mix some with your blusher on your cheeks too.

It adds so much dimension and prettiness to your face, I really couldn't live without it. It wakes you up for the day and gives you a gorgeous sheen for the night. I've yet to try mixing it with my foundation, but it sounds lovely too - although if you spotlight the right parts I don't think you'd necessarily need to. One bottle will last for ages. Unfortunately, the glass bottle is hard to cart around but luckily it's long-lasting so you won't need to top up. If you're travelling, keep it in it's original box (same goes for Benetint). You get a tiny sample-sized vial of it with the Realness of Concealness palette but it's not worth paying 33 for just that, cute as the packaging may be! I think the brush is perfect too, as it allows for exact precision application.

These days, I couldn't live without High Beam in my make-up repertoire. I don't need to try any other highlighters - it's my HG.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/3/2008 8:43:00 AM More reviews by ClemClem

This is a nice product, but I could definately live without it! It's great for putting on browbones for a special night out :)

rated 5 of 5 on 1/29/2008 2:26:00 PM More reviews by LOVEMETWO

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I LOVE this stuff! I mix a little with my tinted moist and it makes my skin look so dewy. I will never be without this product.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/26/2008 4:41:00 PM More reviews by gnat

Highbeam has gradually become one of my favorite Benefit products. It's easy to use and a little goes a long way. I put it on top of my cheekbones with a little bronzer or blush below and in the inner corner of my eyes. Highbeam adds a natural and flattering glow, I will buy again.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/25/2008 10:45:00 AM More reviews by b1mb088

I like this, I will be puchasing again.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/22/2008 4:27:00 PM More reviews by NJ

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

It is a gorgeous pink highlighter. I use it on my brow bone and my cheek bone after I apply blush. Blending the colors together gives you a natural makeup look. It's a little pricey, but it lasts you a while. I don't need to put much on to get the effect. It's one of the few products from benefit that I would buy again.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/21/2008 10:58:00 AM More reviews by NJN

I like this product,it can be used on it's own (3 little dots placed at the top of your cheekbone),with Benefit Benetint for a really professional and long lasting look or with a little powder blush sweeped across to give a cute,cherub-like effect.
On the right skin tone,this pearilsed pink can be very flattering and make your skin look a million dollars.
However,the price is ridiculous.As the popularity of this product increases,I can imagine copies from cheaper brands emerging.So far in the UK,Superdrug have released a very similar product (in the same jar,same colour) but for a great value 5.I've not tried it yet as I still have some of Benefit's to use up but I will certainly go to Superdrug to see what their version is like.The ingredients or formula is not very complex so I can imagine copies to work quite well.
Also,the packaging is great at the beginning and the brush lasts well but I am reaching the bottom of the bottle and it's becoming very awkward to extract enough product.The brush is simply too short.To combat this,I leave the bottle upside down when not in use so the liquid is coating the brush.
Overall,I do like this product but I wouldn't pay for it myself again (I bought it for my prom) as the price is too extravagant.Saying that,I would be over the moon to receive it as a Christmas or Birthday present.
Oh,also worth mentioning that it's great for highlighting the arch of your eyebrows and a little tiny dab above your cupid's bow just above your lips gives your lips the illusion of fullness and health (the light reflecting particles are too thank for this me thinks).

: )

rated 4 of 5 on 1/13/2008 4:52:00 PM More reviews by hellodolly18

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I put it on before going out to the movies and bar. It's more of a going out type of prod. It looks quite good.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/3/2008 9:00:00 PM More reviews by scottydolly

AMAZING this is one of those products that once mastered takes seconds to apply and has the effect that no one knows quite why u look different but know something about ur face rocks. I first looked at it and thought JESUS this stuff is going to go neon, but once it is blended it only picks up the light and makes ur skin look dewy in all the right places. . .i was amazed because i initially thought hmm i cant see what it does, untill i saw photos of me on a prior night out before i owned it, and then saw a later photo of my skin with it on and the difference is unmistakable, this is one of my staple products and is the perfect quick fix for lazy no makeup days haha. . x

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/1/2008 5:06:00 PM More reviews by jamiemp

This is such a lovely highlighter. I do think it's very overpriced, but I got mine cheap on ebay. Still, I probably would pay the full amount. I actually don't mind the applicator at all. I think it makes it easy to dot on the right amount, and not make yourself look ridiculous. I love to layer it under Armani Sheer Blush #2 (a blush I don't find impressive AT ALL on its own), which I hardly ever used before getting High Beam. The two together, though, make me look so sweet and angelic...Something I need makeup to fake ;)