September 21, 2014 | 1244 users online

Eye Shadow - MAC - Paint Pot in Painterly

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/27/2007 8:28:00 AM More reviews by filmart

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Green

I give this product high marks for wear. It goes on smooth, dries to a powdery finish, and it lasts all day on my lids without creasing. I bought this shade as an e/s base, but am a bit disappointed in the color for that purpose. The shade is golder than it appears in the pot, so I will only be able to use it with more rustic fall and winter shadows. If you are pale like me, and looking for a flesh-like shade to brighten the lids (like LM's Linen Eye Basic), you won't find that in Painterly.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/27/2007 12:43:00 AM More reviews by sparklemotion

I love everything about these revamped paints - the little pot, the staying power and the colour, which is the perfect flesh-tone for me and the PERFECT eyeshadow base. I will buy and buy this. Didn't really care for the more pigmented ones like Reubenesque, but Painterly is a total HG

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/25/2007 8:43:00 PM More reviews by lian_qiu

I was so looking forward to this product, coz it has no shimmer, but it turned orange on me. Not bright orange, kinda like oxidizing foundation orange, and I don't look good in this shade. I used it as a base, and no matter what e/s I use on top of this, the orange undertone always shows through and making me look tired. Very disappointed. I gave it a 2 due to the nice texture and easy application.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/19/2007 4:01:00 AM More reviews by fabmac1

I agree with the reviewer below me... this worked better on me than the "bare canvas" MAC paint (which did nothing at all in terms of controlling e/s creasing). I also like the texture of the paint pots more. They are creamy and smooth. It managed to keep e/s creasing down for about 10hrs. Painterly is a very nude.. almost a flesh colour. I wouldn't say it's like a concealer colour, b/c I find that it maybe a little too COOL for that (aka grey-ish?) Good product, but packaging (although cute) could use some improvement (eg. for sanitary reasons)

UPDATE - I am upping this to a 5. Awesome stuff!! Extremely versatile colour!!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/17/2007 11:18:00 AM More reviews by amy_forster

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I bought this to use as an e/s base or to use as an overall wash to brighten up my eye area and its absolubtely perfect!!!

I can wear it with or without e/s over the top and I can take it right up to my brows without looking like a drag queen! I keeps my e/s on right the way through a day at work and it stay well on its own.

I was worried it's be like bare canvas paint which just doesn't work on me. Bare canvas seems to be the wrong colour & really, its just not as good as the painterly paint pot!!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/9/2007 10:25:00 AM More reviews by tldavis36

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I just got this yesterday, and I'm wearing it as an eyeshadow base today. I LOVE it!!!! It makes the eyeshadow really pop. I was looking for a neutral, matte eyeshadow base. I had bought one from Clinique about a month ago, but it had a little shimmer to it. I thought it was pretty good until I put this on this morning. First of all it really brightened up by eye area before the eye shadow was even applied. The colors show up more vibrant with this as a base. I'll have to see how it holds up throughout the day, but as of right now, I will definitely repurchase. UPDATE 8/09/07 - It held up great! My eyeshadow looked the same this evening, when I got home, as it did this morning when I put it on. It doesn't appear to irritate my eyes, so I'm happy.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/3/2007 1:02:00 PM More reviews by lisa_67

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I am hooked on the new Mac Paint Pots. I've been a loyal fan of Mac Paints ever since they were released, and own several shades, but now my loyalties are biased toward the more natural, more sheer Paint Pots. This Paint Pot is closest to the Bare Canvas Paint, and can be used to even out the eye area before applying color. It's also great, in combination with liquid or pencil eyeliner, for a natural or subtle look with a striking lipstick. I love this as an everyday all-over shadow (it gives a natural brightening effect to my blue eyes), as well as a browbone highlighter with a darker shadow on the lid. The Paint Pots are lighter and more sheer than the Paints, which are slightly iridescent and thicker. Unlike some reviewers, I've found the Paint Pots (I have 4 shades) actually LESS likely to crease during the day than the Paints. These seem to set almost to a powder-like consistency once I've applied them with my finger. Only on the most humid days have I had to do a little mid-day smudging with my finger to sort of re-set the shadow on my eyes. I will definitely repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/3/2007 12:01:00 PM More reviews by katmu1

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I bought this product to wear as a MLBB color, mostly hoping to hide the visible veining on my eyelids. I am NW15 and this really does serve to conceal the veining and looks extremely natural. I am using this instead of paint in Bare Canvas as I like the creamier texture better. I think the paint pots are really meant to be a cream shadow and not an eyeshadow base. So far, I have found the paint pot to crease less than paint. I will repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/28/2007 1:09:00 PM More reviews by Winthrop44

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I have not tried this as a base yet so I won't comment on using it for that purpose. I used it more as a cream shadow, solely to even out the color of my eyelids for a ML(ids)BB look, and for that it worked great on me and still appeared to be there by the end of the day. Looking forward to buying more shades when the rest are released. NC15/Alima N1/dk blonde/green eyes

rated 2 of 5 on 7/27/2007 11:02:00 AM More reviews by fluffycupcakes

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I purchased Painterly as a shadow base after the MA told me that it is water proof and would keep my shadows on all day. Unfortunately that was not the case. Now given I live in 110 degree temps during the summer but this base did not perform as well as UD Primer Potion. It slid right off within 2 hours of applying. FYI, it is flesh colored so I'm not sure it would show up as a shadow on pale skin either. I returned this item. It was $16.50.