Clinique Moisture Surge Extended Thirst Relief

3.8

INGREDIENTS: water, cyclopentasiloxane, butylene glycol, glycerin, birch bark extract, lady's thistle extract, green tea leaf extract, saccharomyces lysate extract, sucrose, aloe barbadensis leaf water, trehalose, hydroxyethyl urea, sorbitol, oleth-10, tromethamine, caffeine, hydrogenated lecithin, hydrolyzed extensin, sodium hyaluronate, tocopheryl acetate, palmitoyl olgiopeptide, caprylyl glycol, dimethicone, glyceryl polymethacrylate, peg-8, ammonium acryloyldimethyltaurate/vp copolumer, magnesuim ascorbyl phosphate, carbomer, hexylene glycol, disodium edta, phenoxyethanol, red 4 (CI 14700), yellow 5 (CI 19140) [ILN33654].

on 12/19/2004 11:26:00 PM

This is a great product as long as you realize it's not a moiturizer. Huh? You say. A friend of mine works for Clinique and he explained to me that you shouldn't use this as a moisturizer - it's used under moisturizer to give an extra shot of hydration, as a hydrating mask, or patted on the skin after makeup or throughout the day to hydrate dry areas or give a dewey look. Moisturizer locks in the skin's natural moisture, this delivers water to the skin. Interesting idea, and it works pretty well, too.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

This moisturizer glides on so easily, and my skin simply soaks it up. It is so light, fresh, and non-irritating! My skin absorbs this so quickly that I can't feel my moisturizer after I apply, but unfortunately, I have to use quite a bit of product because I think my FINGERS are absorbing the moisturizer as well! I use about two/two-and-a-hald peas worth of moisturizer for my entire face, and even though it is packaged in a jar and very expensive, I know I will be repurchasing this again and again as a nighttime and general-needs moisturizer. I'm oily skinned and acne prone, but so far I don't think I can blame this products for any breakouts.

on 12/9/2004 10:13:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

I'm on the fence about this, and the fence is not a good place to be when a product costs $35 for a small amount. I used this all summer and I think it's great for very oily skin, but not mine. I am acne-prone but also dry and sensitive. This seemed like hardly a moisturizer at all (esp. for the price) and didn't improve my skin. BUT I give it three lippies for oily skin summertime use because it's very cooling and nice to use, and also you can be confident it won't break you out. Prolly won't buy again though, b/c of the price.

on 12/9/2004 9:45:00 PM

this is my everyday mostuirser and it doesnt break me out which is good as i am prone to getting millia. this is not oily and absords very well. i do not liek the jar type but hope to get it in a pump form. the price is ok would buy again

on 12/8/2004 5:21:00 PM

This product feels watery on the first touch. But after couple of days' use, I found that it actually dried up my skin and even worse, it caused pimples on my forehead which is rare for my acne-free skin.

on 12/5/2004 11:57:00 AM

This my HG moisturizer!!! After having diamondtome microdermabrasion and the use of topical exfoliators, my skin was so dry! I tried this since it had some aloe, and my face glows! My face feels hydrated and smooth. It is pricey, but luckily I found it at a cosmetic outlet and bought 2 for $35 bucks!!! I will definitely purchase again :)

on 11/30/2004 9:51:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

The name is very misleading. This is not cream nor moisturizer, but it is more like GEL. It can be a very LIGHT moisturizer. If you have dry skin and hoping that this will do something, you'll be upset when you use this product. It is very very light. The name said "Moisture Surge Extra" and it sounds like it is for extra dry skin. So I took off 2 lippies for that. If they name it like "oil-free moisturizing gel for oily skin" then I would definitely give it a 5. It is too pricy. It costs almost $35. Will NOT repurchase. continued >>

on 11/21/2004 11:02:00 AM

I felt that this did absolutely nothing for my skin - it just goes in and disappears. Also, it is expensive and is delivered in an open top jar rather than a pump dispenser which would be more hygienic.

on 11/8/2004 1:43:00 PM

I first tried this as a sample I received months ago and absolutely fell in love with it! I have extremely sensitive skin and deal with some dry patches on my face at times. This has worked wonders for me. I have recommended it to my mother, best friends, coworkers and anyone else that is looking for a light-weight, clean-smelling moisturizer. I have the bigger jar, but I keep a little sample size one in my purse at all times. Definitely worth the money, although I think more people would purchase it if it were to go down in price just a bit.

on 11/7/2004 2:11:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I bought this because I thought I liked the tiny samples I'd tried from the free gifts. I forked over the hefty price. The name is very misleading-- if you have dry skin, look elsewhere. My skin still feels tight after a liberal application, and wallet feels much lighter for it.

Popular Moisturizers