Clinique Moisture Surge Extended Thirst Relief

3.8

INGREDIENTS: water, cyclopentasiloxane, butylene glycol, glycerin, birch bark extract, lady's thistle extract, green tea leaf extract, saccharomyces lysate extract, sucrose, aloe barbadensis leaf water, trehalose, hydroxyethyl urea, sorbitol, oleth-10, tromethamine, caffeine, hydrogenated lecithin, hydrolyzed extensin, sodium hyaluronate, tocopheryl acetate, palmitoyl olgiopeptide, caprylyl glycol, dimethicone, glyceryl polymethacrylate, peg-8, ammonium acryloyldimethyltaurate/vp copolumer, magnesuim ascorbyl phosphate, carbomer, hexylene glycol, disodium edta, phenoxyethanol, red 4 (CI 14700), yellow 5 (CI 19140) [ILN33654].

on 11/2/2004 8:12:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

A holy grail moisturiser for me, ever since the original formula first came out. I've tried similar products (such as Lancome's Hydra Intense Masque) but I keep coming back to this.

Non-oily (a real plus on my oily skin living in tropical north Australia) and instantly hydrating - I'm hooked for life.

on 10/19/2004 5:30:00 PM

This is a non-product to me. Does absolutely nothing for my skin.
If you like a serum or a gel under your moisturizer I can reccomend Aloe Vera gel which is dirt dirt dirt cheap and makes your skin incredible soft. I bought a pot (2 oz) for 6 euro. I wear it under a moisturizer day and night for a few days now and I am stunned at the result. The softest skin ever and it makes my moisturizer perform better.

on 10/19/2004 9:11:00 AM

This is a very nice moisturizer so far. I find it to be moisturizing enough for my skin, makes my skin feel soft. Also, the ingredients are not high on the comedogenic list. Packaging could be different, hate to keep dipping my fingers in the jar. Also, the price is rediculous. That's why it got 4 lippies instead of 5.

I guess I will choose this category to do my review since everyone has made four or five entries for this one product. This is a wonderful, oil-free moisturizer. I don't know why it doesn't have better ratings. I also don't understand why people are saying it leaves a film. Oh, well. Everyone is different. Anyway, this moisturizes very well for an oil-free gel. You will love the way it feels on your skin (I have always been very greasy). You also can use it as a five-minute moisture mask, but I haven't tried that yet. The only negative of this is that it comes in a jar. It would be more sanitary in a pump or tube.

on 9/5/2004 9:59:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

My 2nd one! I like it for the summer or when I wanna feel cool because of the gel texture. Whenever I have super dry skin I tend to keep away from it because it does nothing! But I'm used to moisterizing my face with something and I like using this when my skin isn't too dry.

on 9/4/2004 10:31:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Other, Not Sure

This is one of the few moisturizers my skin seems to like. It hydrates pretty well for me. (Although, it does little for me in the colder winter months.) It never makes me feel or look oily and it has never casued me to break out. Because this is a bit pricey (it's one of my few splurges), I use it sparingly--I have found that a little really does go a long way. I will continue to re-purchase this product, but I will probably start purchasing the men's version, only because it comes in a tube instead of a jar and the ingredients appear to be the same. UPDATE: 07/2005 I stopped using this moisturizer earlier this year, as the silicones suddenly became too much for me and started clogging my pores a bit. I just seemed to become sensitive to silicones overnight! Now, if I need a moisturizer, I just use a little olive oil. The MSE is still a great product for those who are not sensitive to silicones (it is because of this I still rate the product a four), but I won't be using it again.

on 8/26/2004 2:19:00 AM

I consider this as a very great moisturizer. It does plump up my face, while doesn't leave greasy residue. I like to apply a thin layer on my face when I'm in air-conditioner room, to maintain my face moisture level.

on 8/22/2004 7:43:00 PM

I travel almost weekly by plane and it often leaves my skin feeling tired and dry altough I suffer from a oily T-zone. When I apply this after my normal skincare routine (shiseido) it feels really great. No more dry feeling after taking the plane, I feel refreshed like I am continually splashing water to my face. True, it doesn't really moisturize, but it leaves my skin nice and feeling great!It's like giving my skin a drink. The jar is a bit unhandy but it looks great.

on 8/21/2004 8:43:00 PM

My face loves this product! My Mom had a jar and let me try some, and when I went OOOOH and AAAAAH she bought me my own. I would never buy something this expensive for myself, so although I LIKE it enough to re-purchase, I can't say that I will. Anyway, since pregnancy and giving birth and getting my period again, my skin has been all over the map. Whatever state it's in, I like the results after using this. The texture of the gel is wonderful, and it just disappears in a few minutes leaving my skin with a smooth, very satiny finish. I just wish it wasn't so spendy. :(

My cheeks were a tad dry and this was the only moisturizer around (from a GWP) Wow! I love the texture, so smooth and creamy feeling. It absorbed quickly and left my skin so soft! Love it! I don't think I will be repurchasing it because its to expensive for a moisturizer :-P