December 22, 2014 | 1799 users online

Moisturizers - Clinique - Moisture Surge Extended Thirst Relief

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 on 6/7/2004 2:58:00 PM More reviews by twang

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is the cheaper version of Sisley Flower Gel. The difference and similarity:
1. Package: Sisley is a tube and MSE is a jar. I've got MSE samples in tubes b4, and I don't see why the real thing can't.
2. I believe both of these products does more to keep the H2O that already in your skin than moisturize. Both of them doesn't seem to be easily absorbed as they leave a film on your skin even after a night of sleep.
3. That said, I think Flower gel is a good mask/night cream and MSE is everything but a mask - I use it on top of a more watery lotion to seal the moisture, under day time SPF lotion as a base, before makeup as a primer. I even keep a little jar on my desk for day time touch up on my dry areas. I have yet to find another product does all these...but, if you are looking for moisturizer or mask, this is NOT it.
Also, it runs out pretty fast, and for that, it's quite expensive.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/2/2004 12:38:00 PM More reviews by CheckyDoll

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

So far I'm really liking this stuff. I have really oily skin & use it over my sunscreen, works great that way. It's got a really neat texture & does feel light & cool going on. I wouldn't recommend this to anyone with dry or even combo skin because it will accentuate any flakes. But for really oily gals, esp. in the summer this stuff rocks!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/2/2004 12:06:00 AM More reviews by amyaub

My combo skin absolutely loves this. It absorbs quickly and isn't greasy in the least bit. Light enough to wear under makeup during the day as well. No breakouts either. Lightly scented but not overpowering. Moisturizing enough that I can wear it at night.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/30/2004 10:55:00 PM More reviews by BreezyGirl

I'm on my 4th tub of this stuff, not including all the GWP sizes I used up! This is the only moisutizer I've ever used that doesn't leave me feeling greasy. It's like adding water back into your skin. If skin is particularly dry, it may sting a bit upon application, but I find that to be the only (mild) side effect. I slather some on every time I wash my face. I'm acne prone and this has never broken me out. Love it!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/29/2004 5:08:00 AM More reviews by tAbx

This is my HG! I fell for the lovely pink liquid and it's so easy to blend on my face. It enhances my makeup as well. Smells heavenly too! Would definately repurchase it! My fave clinique product though I'm not a clinique-ish person!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/28/2004 7:37:00 PM More reviews by miraclebra

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

One of my favorite facial moisturizers... just a tiny dab is enough for my whole face, it is easy to apply, there is absolutely no greasy feel and it makes my face look and feel amazing. Oh, and no breakouts from it either! And although dipping my finger into the jar repeatedly may not be the most sanitary method for packaging, I like knowing I am going to use every last ounce of the product!!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/21/2004 12:37:00 AM More reviews by sophiahou

Good product. Moisture enough during summer time, but in winter, I need to apply one more cream. And the feeling is so smoonth although it may be just temporary. When I used it for the first few uses, I really could feel sting a little bit. But then I got used to it and I'm really ok with it. This also doesn't cause me breakout and I'm acne-prone.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/16/2004 5:40:00 PM More reviews by yanyan1221

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I like this much better than H20+ Face Oasis Treatment. It's not sticky and very light. I use it under the suncreen during summer time.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/16/2004 2:44:00 AM More reviews by SunriseSunset

I went through two big jars of this moisturizer before realizing that this just wasn't working with my combination, acne-prone skin. Although it feels nice going on and moisturizes my dry patches really well, I never felt like this was sinking in at all. I always felt like there was an extra "layer" on my face, which isn't a comfortable feeling because I tend to get oily easily. This also "may" have contributed to the breakouts and slight redness/burning I experienced from time to time during the months that I used this. This isn't the cheapest stuff, but it lasts quite a while. Again, feels super cooling going on, but did not exactly agree with my skin type. I'd definitely say that everyone should give this a try though.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/13/2004 12:11:00 AM More reviews by shyguy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

My first review...hmm. I've never written one before, so keep that in mind.

I have naturally oily skin, but I'm currently on accutane, so I'm drier than I am oily, which is quite nice. I used this product before Accutane as well.

I'm reviewing the Men's version.
The packaging is pretty basic, gunmetal grey color.

What's inside though, is the best moisturizer I've ever tried.

It has a gel texture, no SPF. I prefer it this way, I think adding SPF would ruin the texture, and everything else. I prefer seperate sunscreen.
There is no scent, (I hate scented products) and doesn't sting upon application, which is why I love using this product right after I shave. Since I started accutane, I found I do need a little more around my mouth area, but otherwise it's great!
I wish it were a little cheaper, because it's probably one of the only products I buy regularly.

I would repurchase this over and over again.