Clinique Moisture Surge Extended Thirst Relief

3.8

INGREDIENTS: water, cyclopentasiloxane, butylene glycol, glycerin, birch bark extract, lady's thistle extract, green tea leaf extract, saccharomyces lysate extract, sucrose, aloe barbadensis leaf water, trehalose, hydroxyethyl urea, sorbitol, oleth-10, tromethamine, caffeine, hydrogenated lecithin, hydrolyzed extensin, sodium hyaluronate, tocopheryl acetate, palmitoyl olgiopeptide, caprylyl glycol, dimethicone, glyceryl polymethacrylate, peg-8, ammonium acryloyldimethyltaurate/vp copolumer, magnesuim ascorbyl phosphate, carbomer, hexylene glycol, disodium edta, phenoxyethanol, red 4 (CI 14700), yellow 5 (CI 19140) [ILN33654].

on 8/26/2004 2:19:00 AM

I consider this as a very great moisturizer. It does plump up my face, while doesn't leave greasy residue. I like to apply a thin layer on my face when I'm in air-conditioner room, to maintain my face moisture level.

on 8/22/2004 7:43:00 PM

I travel almost weekly by plane and it often leaves my skin feeling tired and dry altough I suffer from a oily T-zone. When I apply this after my normal skincare routine (shiseido) it feels really great. No more dry feeling after taking the plane, I feel refreshed like I am continually splashing water to my face. True, it doesn't really moisturize, but it leaves my skin nice and feeling great!It's like giving my skin a drink. The jar is a bit unhandy but it looks great.

on 8/21/2004 8:43:00 PM

My face loves this product! My Mom had a jar and let me try some, and when I went OOOOH and AAAAAH she bought me my own. I would never buy something this expensive for myself, so although I LIKE it enough to re-purchase, I can't say that I will. Anyway, since pregnancy and giving birth and getting my period again, my skin has been all over the map. Whatever state it's in, I like the results after using this. The texture of the gel is wonderful, and it just disappears in a few minutes leaving my skin with a smooth, very satiny finish. I just wish it wasn't so spendy. :(

My cheeks were a tad dry and this was the only moisturizer around (from a GWP) Wow! I love the texture, so smooth and creamy feeling. It absorbed quickly and left my skin so soft! Love it! I don't think I will be repurchasing it because its to expensive for a moisturizer :-P

on 8/15/2004 2:38:00 PM

I love this product! It feels so light and slightly tingly when you put it on, and yet it's a sufficient moisturizer for both winter and summer for me. It is a bit more expensive than I can afford, but I think it's well worth the price. However, I would much prefer if this came in a tube rather than a pot.

on 8/13/2004 10:04:00 AM

Moisture Surge Extra Thirsty Skin Relief (that's the full name, what a mouthful!) is my #1 favorite staple moisturizer. After trying dozens of other moisturizers, this was my absolute favorite. No matter what else I try, I always come back to it.

The product is an oil-free gel, which is fabulous for oily, combination, or acne-prone skin (like mine) that doesn't need a greasy moisturizer. Others have left me shiny, sticky, greasy, just gross! I find that it sinks in really quickly and keeps my skin from feeling tight. During the winter, it still does the trick when my skin is dryer... but I do supplement with something richer (like La Mer or MAC Moisture Feed) in especially chapped or windburned areas.

Moisture Surge Extra is designed to be used in conjunction with Clinique's 3-step system (soap, toner, lotion) as a "fourth step," but I don't use it as part of the system. I do use the soap, but then I skip straight to my jar of Moisture Surge Extra. For people with drier skin, the previous three steps in the system may still be useful because they include a heavier moisturizer. I can see how the Moisture Surge Extra would not be enough for chronically dry skin, but it's amazing for normal-oily!

The price can be a little cringe-worthy, but you do get a lot of product and a little goes a long way. GWP sets often include a tiny jar, and the purchase-with-purchase sets often include a 1 ounce size (usually in a tube). I've also had great luck finding this at a Cosmetics Company Store for 30% off. But even better -- Clinique put out a set called Face the Future in 2003 that had a 1 ounce tube of Moisture Surge extra along with several other great products... all for about $25 at the outlets. I stocked up, because I do love the tube!

So, all in all, this is my staple moisturizer. It may not work for everyone, and you may want to use it in conjunction with other products. But if you're looking for a good product that won't leave you looking like an oil slick, try it out. continued >>

on 8/11/2004 7:37:00 AM

This product feels so good on my skin and I haven't had any nasty surprises while I've been using this the past six months. Good: It moisturizes my cheeks, but doesn't cause break outs since it's oil-free. My skin didn't dry out even in the end of winter as long as I used a weekly moisture mask. This is also fragrance free.
Bad: The jars might look pretty, but the packaging should be changed to a more hygienic pump bottle (pretty too) or a tube. The product does last a long time, but the price is still high.

on 8/5/2004 6:48:00 PM

it made my face tight and try, not moisturizing at all.

on 8/5/2004 5:36:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Kinky, Medium

Ah, so Clinique DOES have some good products! This light gel is a drink for your skin. That's how i feel! My skin is combination - slightly oily t-zone, dry cheeks. This has totally normalised my complexion. In the day I use it under City Block SPF25, and in the evening on its own. in the summer it's fine as a night cream too. The finish is soft and no irritation for me (rare!). However, wish it was in a tube or pump.

I got this in a sample and I loved the lightweight texture. I also like that I can use it on the dry and oily parts of my face, with similar effects. It can be a little sticky though.