September 23, 2014 | 1745 users online

Moisturizers - Clinique - Moisture Surge Extended Thirst Relief

image 0image 1image 2

rated 1 of 5 on 3/12/2004 11:49:00 AM More reviews by jdandordalton

Worst moisturizer EVER! I've oily combination skin so the Clinique lady said this would be best for me! Five minutes after applicatoin, skin was tight, dry and peeling!

Worst moisturizer ever

rated 4 of 5 on 3/12/2004 4:33:00 AM More reviews by jmccabe

Absolutely fabulous.. in the summer. Makes skin soft and feel just lovely. In the winter I like to use DDF Oil Free Moisturizing Dew and then put this over it.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/9/2004 8:44:00 PM More reviews by sunwater83

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This was one of the worst products I used from Clinique. I have combination/oily skin that has a tendency for breakouts and this did nothing for my skin. I would apply it and it would sink in immediately but wouldn't leave any moisturizing effects. My skin would feel dry 5 minutes later. It also stung a lot when I applied at and also kinda rolled off a few minutes later.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/4/2004 8:56:00 AM More reviews by AnnaODowd

This is what I wear after applying Clinique's DDML in the morning.
It makes makeup and tinted moisturiser go on that bit smoother.
It does refresh the face, I find that it is calming as a quick moisture mask.
It gets one lippy off because the best product for hydration is Guinot's Hydra Beaute mask. That works fab!

rated 3 of 5 on 3/3/2004 11:39:00 PM More reviews by shungp

I like the light and non-greasiness of this product, but it's just not moisturizing enough. At least it smooths out my skin, so I use it before applying makeup. I sometimes add a drop of facial oil (L'occitain's Immortelle Elixir) for lasting moisturization.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/26/2004 8:56:00 PM More reviews by maliastyle

Should I be admitting this? I'm a former Clinique consultant. Moisture Surge Extra, when first developed and brought to stores, was sold, but IS NOT, a moisturizer. It is simply a drink of water for dehydrated skin, is meant to be applied after another moisturizer prior to makeup application (to allow foundation to go on smoothly), and should not be recommended for drier skins because there is absolutely no moisturizing ability in it. Clinique sold sooo much of this at first distribution when the account executives and regional trainers realized consultants had mistaken it for a moisturizer - and why wouldn't they? "MOISTURE SURGE EXTRA" is quite the deceiving title. It's more like WATER surge extra. For oily skinned girls, it's perfect for patting down flaky areas. For drier skinned girls, if you like the feel of it, that's great - use it when you need rehydration, but don't use as a primary moisturizer. And another thing: Clinique is creating this in spray form, similar to the Evian mists. That should clear up the confusion.

70 out of 73 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 2/26/2004 7:32:00 PM More reviews by Belle2003

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Evil pink goo! My poor cheeks are still burning over 1/2 hour later after using a sample of this crap! It is over priced and frankly not that moisturizing. Ignore the hype. This stuff is not worth wasting your hard earned dollars on. (FYI I have combo skin with normal/dry cheeks)

rated 4 of 5 on 2/21/2004 10:17:00 PM More reviews by Preeti

After a really bad breakout using Shiseido, I was desperate to 'fix' my skin. This moisturizer was really soothing on my combination/sensitive skin. I've been using it for over a month, and have had NO breakouts. The only negative thing is that its not as moisturizing on the drier areas on my skin. It's great for the summer though.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/17/2004 10:41:00 PM More reviews by maimai

A nice moisturizer for the summer months... but a tad too expensive IMHO for such a basic moisturizer wo/ any real antioxidants, etc. Really basic, light moisturizer for people who don't have dry skin. When I choose to wear foundation (which is very rare) I just mix equal part of foundation and this moisturizer to make a tinted mosturizer as well. Works great for this!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/13/2004 3:51:00 PM More reviews by jeenathee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I got this as a GWP, and I didn't expect to like it as much as I do. I regularly moisturize with oil-free OoO, but with the cold weather, I need an extra layer of smooth moisture, and this product definitely delivers. I love the cream/gel texture, and it melts right into skin, but not before giving you time to pat on concealer or foundation while it still has a nice slip to it. What really amazes me is that I can dab it on top of splotchy concealer or foundation, and the lotion helps soften the application and allows me to pat the pigment into my skin more smoothly. I may buy the full-sized version of this, and though my jar is very small, it has lasted a long time with daily use. Unfortunately, I dropped it on the floor, and 3/4 of it spilled under my desk. It was all I could do to count to 10 and not flip out in frustration. :|