Clinique Moisture Surge Extended Thirst Relief

3.8

INGREDIENTS: water, cyclopentasiloxane, butylene glycol, glycerin, birch bark extract, lady's thistle extract, green tea leaf extract, saccharomyces lysate extract, sucrose, aloe barbadensis leaf water, trehalose, hydroxyethyl urea, sorbitol, oleth-10, tromethamine, caffeine, hydrogenated lecithin, hydrolyzed extensin, sodium hyaluronate, tocopheryl acetate, palmitoyl olgiopeptide, caprylyl glycol, dimethicone, glyceryl polymethacrylate, peg-8, ammonium acryloyldimethyltaurate/vp copolumer, magnesuim ascorbyl phosphate, carbomer, hexylene glycol, disodium edta, phenoxyethanol, red 4 (CI 14700), yellow 5 (CI 19140) [ILN33654].___________________________________________________________________Iingredients as of 2014: water\aqua\eau [] dimethicone [] butylene glycol [] trisiloxane [] glycerin [] betula alba (birch) bark extract [] silybum marianum (lady's thistle) extract [] camellia sinensis (green tea) leaf extract [] saccharomyces lysate extract [] sucrose [] aloe barbadensis leaf water [] trehalose [] thermus thermophillus ferment [] sorbitol [] oleth-10 [] tromethamine [] caffeine [] hydrogenated lecithin [] sodium hyaluronate [] tocopheryl acetate [] palmitoyl oligopeptide [] caprylyl glycol [] glyceryl polymethacrylate [] peg-8 [] ammonium acryloyldimethyltaurate/vp copolymer [] magnesium ascorbyl phosphate [] carbomer [] hexylene glycol [] disodium edta [] phenoxyethanol [] red 4 (ci 14700) [] yellow 5 (ci 19140)

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

This stuff is god sent. I have oily, acne proned skin so I use alot of products directed towards acne, and they really dry out my cheeks, chin and nose areas. I can put this on top of my Neutrogena Rapid Clear mousturizer and it doesn't make me break out and prevents those areas from overdrying.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I got a sample of this in a GWP and really, REALLy like it! The slightly creamy gel absorbs into my skin in a flash and leaves it smooth and silky. My makeup glides on and stays put very well. I have oily skin and this doesn't aggravate that or cause breakouts. It's kind of comparable to the DDM Gel but this is slightly more moisturizing. This is great for combo skins but I can't see it being enough for dry skin. The price for the regular sized jar is steep but in all likelihood I will pick some of this up when I finish the tube.

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

I admit that this product feels good going on my face, it absorbs quickly and nicely, and does not create a slimy mess. As a moisturizer, though, it is less than desirable. In the winter my typically oily skin gets dry around my mouth. This moisture treatment did so little that I had to layer another moisturizer over it--and I discovered that my supplemental moisturizer, when used alone, did not require the addition of Moisture Surge to do the job. Therefore, I concluded that I don't need MS at all. I don't like the packaging and I won't be repurchasing.

I used this out of a bonus. I liked it because of the gel.

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

ME: I have dry skin, with the occasional acne, so I need a good moisturizer that won't cause me to breakout. This is it. *NEGATIVES*: 1) Packaging - It comes in a jar format, which is kinda of a pain cause I have to make sure my hands are clean before "double dipping" my gel jar :). A pump format would be better, 2) Price - $30, for something that is used up very quickly, 3) If not applied properly, it will leave a sticky residue. *POSITIVES*: 1) It is a silicone-based gel, so it literally glides on your skin, 2) It is absorbed really well into your skin (esp if its dry), and it really "quenches" into it, 3) Color, Smell, Texture - It is a pretty pale pink gel with no smell (a good thing), the texture is a gel that is semi-runny and semi-oily feel (it is oil-free, the silicone makes it feel that way) and makes it easy to apply, 4) Great as a makeup "primer" - very blendable with other products IF applied properly, 5) Leaves skin feeling hydrated and soft.
*APPLICATION*: You cannot just slab on a lot of this at once. It needs to be layered. You put on layer on, and then another (if necessary). If you slab it on, you will get a sticky residue.
*MAKEUP*: If you want to use foundation on top, this is a great base. I find that because it is silicone based, it allows any makeup you put on to just "sit" on the surface of your skin (in a good way), beacuse, at the same time, makeup applied on top can be blended in easily. I would advise letting it sit for 1-2 minutes before applying foundation of any sort, to avoid the potential sticky residue. This is my HG moisturizing gel!!!

I loved this moisturizer, it hydrated my skin and made it feel soft.. but I'd use this in the summer because I find that my dry skin needs more moisturization in the winter and this moisture surge extra doesn't really give me that.. but I'd definitely use this in the summer as it's light and fresh..

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium

Great product. I recently went on a business trip to northern Germany where it seems alot colder and drier than central Germany. Whenever I got out of the shower to put on my regular moisturizer, my face was always tight, dry and peel-y! I hated it! Not to mention the fact that the water was hard and that added insult to injury! I was desperate to find something that didn't contain any oil for fear of breaking out. So I tried this stuff on TOP of my regular oil free moisturizer. What a difference in just that one application. My face thanked me many times over. No more peelies or dry flakes. I have continued to use this (it's been 2 weeks) and I haven't had any problems with breakouts. Thank goodness! Will continue to repurchase.

I received this product as part of one of Clinique's many promotional offers. I was pregnant at the time and was experiencing a multitude of skin problems. I had been getting these strange, patchy dry spots around my nose and between my brows, and no matter how much moisturizer I'd slather on my face, I'd still have those gross, annoying spots. I decided to slap some of this on the bothersome spots, and lo and behold, it took care of them! I also used it on my dried-out lips when I ran out of my Clinique All About Lips treatment, and it worked just fine. I'd suggest this for those people who need an oil-free formulation, and that live in a cold climate. I haven't purchased this product in quite a while, but am thinking of doing so once more (I live in Phoenix!)

Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure

This is very moisturizing and I really wanted to continue using it. But it made me breakout in huge cyst-like pimples. Really disappointed.

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I've been forever trying to find a replacement for my lost love, Avon's Maximum Moisture Gel. I always thought Avon was emulating this Clinique product when they sold Max. Moisture, so I decided I might as well try the 'original' version.
I read Paula Begoun's review and it sounded like it would work for my skin type (sometimes normal, mostly dry) but when I tried this, it did very little for my skin. The silicones present make it glide on skin with smoothness and ease, but my skin sucks up the product almost instantaneously and then feels tight and dry right after. It might be acceptable when summer comes, but for now it will have to sit on my shelf of rejected skincare products.