August 30, 2014 | 1039 users online

Pressed Powders - Rimmel - Stay Matte Pressed Powder

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/19/2007 9:22:00 PM More reviews by odanit

I am Asian and have a slightly tanned complexion, oily T-zone, some discolouration here and there. I have this in Sandstorm. I really like the texture of this powder as it doesn't look powdery on my skin. It actually does what it claims - has excellent oil control and longevity (yes, 5 hours indeed). However, I do have a few problems with this powder:

1. The colour matches my skin pretty well, however I do find it becomes darker / orange-y an hour after application.
2. The perfume-y scent bothers me.
3. The packaging is not practical and is cheap quality.
4. The quantity you get is actually a lot less than it seems. I have hit the bottom of the pan after a month which surprised me because the pan seemed a lot deeper when in actuality it is very shallow. This is misleading when you purchase the product, thinking you are getting a LOT of powder when really you are getting the same or even less product than in a generic compact.

I will no longer repurchase this because I am now hooked on mineral makeup! Right now, I am using Physicians Formula Mineral Loose Powder in Buff Beige which significantly matches my skin better and doesn't have an annoying scent. However, shine control is not as good as Stay Matte powder.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/7/2007 8:59:00 PM More reviews by missteejay

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I really like how this product covers and goes on,
BUT
If you have any kind of concealer on under a liquid foundation the powder just seems to highlight the concealer.

I don't use concealer very often and this powder is especially good for the price.

I will buy this product again.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/27/2007 8:30:00 AM More reviews by MulanDoll

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

Feels a little stickier than other powders. Not sure of the coverage, as I bought it to set foundation. Good powder, but I wouldn't say it's good enough for me to buy it again. Good color, but it seems as though it turns a tee bit darker as the day goes by. Not bad, but there are better out there.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/21/2007 12:42:00 AM More reviews by Miss_Porcelain

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Its cheap & does the trick. if you drop it and it breaks its no problem to go and pick up another one because it hardly breaks the bank! 001 Transparant is great for fair complexions!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/12/2007 11:39:00 AM More reviews by ktvowles

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is a good powder, it controls shine, doesn't add unwanted colour (although i though this colour was translucent not transparent but oh well) The shame is on very oily skinned girls it wont control shine for the promised 5 hours. You can either apply with a powder puff/brush or a damp sponge/wedge, i find it goes on much smoother and lasts much longer when applied with a damp sponge. I use a damp sponge and then layer a bit of dry powder ontop. I will definately use this powder again, but they could improve the packaging alot, because my lid has cracked and it keeps coming off in my bag. Also i think it will last a long time because its pretty big. Will buy again

rated 4 of 5 on 5/5/2007 12:56:00 PM More reviews by izzysmith

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I think this product was really good quality for the price, it felt very thin on my skin so i wasnt caked and it stopped my shine for a good few hours which is good for me when i have such oily skin! The only way i would improve it would be to change the packaging into a little compact because most powders do this and i find it very useful! would recommend xox

rated 4 of 5 on 4/3/2007 10:23:00 AM More reviews by izzysmith

Very nice, sheer coverage, good colour, didnt feel chalky! i have really oily skin and you can really feel the powder soaking up the excess when you first put it on! stays put for a good while, and its cheap! would buy again even if it does run out a bit quick!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/28/2007 5:12:00 PM More reviews by lipz

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

Ok..I did give packaging a "3" because in all honesty it is pretty bad! The lid does not close right and there is no mirror or place to put a puff...YOU do not get one...but really most of the ones that come with a powder are pretty bad anyways..but still there is no place to put one even if you wanted to replace it..also there is no mirror..that being said..the product itself it really really good!!! This powder truly does not add the powdery look to your face..I have this in translucent and it does not affect the color of my foundation..it does a great job setting my makeup and using it for touchups when/if needed..Also this powder if not drying to your skin and gives a nice soft look while helping you not get greasy looking...if you can get past the packaging as I can..you will most likely find this a great product!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/27/2007 10:21:00 PM More reviews by Josianna

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

well, i like it. does everything it suppose to, not to mention is cheap!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/27/2007 3:40:00 PM More reviews by samaraiv

i love this powder,one of my staples.it doesn't cake or st in large pores,doesn't make me breakout,the smell is nice and subtle,and most importantly doesn't make me like a clown.i already have three pieces of it