August 1, 2014 | 1828 users online

Pressed Powders - Rimmel - Stay Matte Pressed Powder

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/26/2007 7:20:00 PM More reviews by nyomya

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Black

I am trying variety of DS pressed powder (from Maybelline Fresh, Revlon Color Stay, L'Oreal True Match, Cover Girl Outlast and Tru blend, etc.). I got this Rimmel Stay Matte pressed powder in 005 Silky Beige from Wal-Mart with about $4. I purchased this because of its low price and made in England. I heard that (via Paula's book) that this is one of the best selling DS powder in England. Anyway, this color matches my Asian medium skin tone. My face is usually oily though occasionally have dry patches (feeling better after trying Alpha Hydrox Oil Free Gel - after reading good reviews here at MUA) I also purchased Stay Matte foundation but haven't tried it yet and Wal-Martís brand, Equate Beauty Lotion with SPF 15, generic version of Olay Complete, about the same price and applied underneath. I have BE Heavenly Face brush and applied this powder over the beauty lotion. They lasted about 5 hours without getting too oily. I normally use Alpha Hydrox 10% gel underneath but now, it's very cold in DC so I skipped that. I ran some errands and had to stay out over 5 hours. My face was still matted until I got back home, and pressed with a Kleenex. My face still looked fresh the whole day, without touching up. For $4, I will purchase again.

UPDATE 2/20/07: I take off one lippie because it doesn't last long enough (i.e. it disappeared so fast!) only about 3-4 hours. I prefer Revlon ColorStay pressed powder, which CVS sometimes offers with BOGO free.

INGREDIENTS: TALC, MICA, MAGNESIUM STEARATE, POLYETHYLENE, PETROLATUM, PHENYL TRIMETHICONE, DIMETHICONE, POLYBUTENE, ISOSTEARYL NEOPENTANOATE, ETHYLHEXYL METHOXYCINNAMATE, TOCOPHERYL ACETATE, METHYLPARABEN, COCOS NUCIFERA (COCONUT) OIL, PARAFFINUM LIQUIDUM/MINERAL OIL/HUILE MINERALE, PROPYLPARABEN, ZINC OXIDE, PARFUM/FRAGRANCE, ALOE BARBADENSIS, POLYSORBATE 20, BHT, BUTYLPHENYL METHYLPROPIONAL, BENZYL SALICYLATE, CITRONELLOL, HEXYL CINNAMAL, HYDROXYISOHEXYL
3-CYCLOHEXENE CARBOXALDEHYDE, LINALOOL, BUTYLPARABEN [May Contain/ Peut Contenir/+/-: TITANIUM DIOXIDE (CI 77891), IRON OXIDES (CI 77491,CI 77492, CI 77499),
ULTRAMARINES (CI 77007), BISMUTH OXYCHLORIDE (CI 77163)].

rated 4 of 5 on 1/20/2007 12:38:00 PM More reviews by dionline

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Ladies, this is as good a product you'll find at the price. I love the fact that I can get a great oil-controlling powder for under $5. I'm very pale so the transparent shade is a staple and I use the 005 Beige shade as a contour - now that's pale! I'm able to use this in the morning prior to applying blush but not for touch-ups throughout the day as it turns very dark on me. I need to use the white blotting powder from Laura Geller for touch-ups. No, the packaging isn't the best but again, for $5? I'll take it and buy extras, too.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/13/2007 5:12:00 PM More reviews by 2500

This powder did nothing for me. I would put it on and me face would look exactly the same. I guess someone could use it over foundation, but i don't use any. All i wanted was for it to make my skin look a little more matte espeically in the summer, but it did not. Too bad i like Rimmel glosses

rated 4 of 5 on 11/19/2006 10:54:00 AM More reviews by know_everything89

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I've been using it with the liquid foundation that goes with it, and I have to say, this is the better of the two. I often wear it alone if I don't need a lot of coverage ,and even then it isn't bad about covering. It does keep me matte, not for all 6 hours, but for about four. And even though the compact STINKS the product WORKS

rated 2 of 5 on 11/10/2006 1:51:00 PM More reviews by macompanick

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I've only been using this powder a few days (Translucent shade) and I'm not too keen on it. Is it me or is this powder very difficult to apply? I use a powder brush and it seems like the brush picks up no color at all... I have to work harder at applying this powder than BE mineral foundation! Plus, the mattifying effect wears off after about 2 hours (not the promised 6). It's jut not worth the effort. I think I'll return this one.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/25/2006 2:46:00 PM More reviews by aeroxy82

This is a review for the Stay Matte foundation powder. I bought this b/c lately I have been on a powder foundation kick, and the last one I had bought by Cover Girl was a tad too light, so I was looking for something closer to my skintone. I noticed this in Target and got the shade Sand 002, and it is a better match. I don't carry this with me; I use it over my regular liquid foundation (Almay Clear Complexion in Sand) and I really like the way it "velvetizes" my complexion. The cons are that it is a really ugly compact-an off white square compact with red writing on it. Not that I'm a snob, but it just isn't something I want to pull out, and it is too big to carry with me every day. Applied with a kabuki brush every morning, though, has made a big difference and I do like it a lot.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/7/2006 2:31:00 PM More reviews by NARSaholic

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Regardless of how shoddy the packaging is (not to mention lack of mirror) this is, by far, the best pressed powder I have ever used. I have combination skin and my skin tends to get extremely oily in the T-zone. When I put my make-up on in the morning and use a big fluffy blush brush to go over it with this powder, my skin literally stays oil-free for a good 6 hours. I especially love the fact that when I put this powder on that it doesn't "sit" on my skin and make me look washed out and caked in powder. I will never ever switch to another powder!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/5/2006 8:16:00 AM More reviews by curlylaura

Finally a powder that doesn't look white or chalky. I don't look shiny by the end of the day and even though it's transparent it gives good coverage. Edit: I tried putting this on with a damp sponge/puff and it goes on so much smoother and more evenly. Itlooks more natural too.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/16/2006 3:19:00 PM More reviews by lucyrox

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

To my surprise, I started using this in the middle of summer when it's hot and humid. I have dry, mature skin, and noticed that some of the other powders I've been using have been too cakey and dry for my skin, taking the 'dew' right off my face. This works perfectly on my dry skin, leaving a no-shine, just right setting powder for my foundation. I gave it 4 lipsticks rating, only because I have to use Paula's Choice pressed powder for under my eye area, which needs more shine coverage, because I use extra moisturizer on my eye area, and the Rimmel doesn't quite get rid of that extra shine. Otherwise, I highly recommend this lightweight, super soft pressed powder to people with dry skin. I will buy again. Who cares about the cheap packaging, no one see's this but me, and it works greatly with my Paula's Choice powder brush. This pressed powder is also dirt cheap, under $4, iirc.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 7/17/2006 11:55:00 PM More reviews by Lannie782

I don't use foundations or powders in general. When my skin gets oily, it gets the blotting paper, so when I picked this up, I used it to prevent smudges from smudges. It works wonderfully. I have a soft eyeshadow brush that I use specifically to gently place powder under my eye. This has prevented my under eyes from shadowing that are the result of eye shadows, liner or mascara that has moved there through the day. Wonderful trick I've picked up. This is also good for a quick dusting to prevent oilies. I've had this for about a year and I haven't even put much of a dent in it. The only downside is the container, it's too easily opened.