Maybelline Full 'N Soft Mascara Waterproof

3.9

Petroleum Distillates, C8 9 Isoparaffin, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Cera Alba (Beeswax), Carnauba (Copernicia Cerifera) Wax, Water (Aqua), Synthetic Beeswax, Allyl Stearate/VA Copolymer, Beeswax (Apis Mellifera), Propylene Carbonate, Polyvinyl Laurate, Silica, Oryza Sativa (Rice) Starch, Panthenol, Hydrolyzed Corn Starch, Methylparaben, Isoceteth 20, Lecithin, Octylacrylamide/Acrylates/Butylaminoethyl/Methacrylate Copolymer, Tocopheryl Acetate (Vitamin E), Disodium Cocoamphodiacetate, 2 Oleamido 1,3 Octadecanediol, Simethicone, Diazolidinyl Urea, Propylparaben, Disodium EDTA, May Contain (+/-):, CI 77492, CI 77499, CI 77491 (Iron Oxides), Carmine (CI 75470) (Carmine), CI 77007 (Ultramarines), CI 77288 (Chromium Oxide Greens) (Chromium Oxide Green), CI 77299 (Chromium Hydroxide Green), Mica, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891) (Titanium Dioxide), CI 77510 (Ferric Ferrocyanide)

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I like this... leaves my lashes full and soft, as promised, but only for the first three months. Then the mascara starts to clump... rapidly. After its three-month life span, I use my HG Clinique Naturally Glossy until I purchase a new FnS.

on 5/12/2005 12:58:00 AM

Hmm, OK. Goes on a bit clumpy, doesn't really separate but is an OK mascara.

on 5/11/2005 3:41:00 AM

I love, love this mascara! It gives me natural and wide up lashes! Unfortunely i can't find the waterproof version anymore. But this is a mascara not to be missed.

on 5/1/2005 11:37:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

I bought this with seriously low expectations. In the mascara world, I'll try anything. This stuff rules! It is a bit more wet than I would like, but still, a q-tip will cure that. It lengthens, and it separates, and it darkens, and it makes my lashes look great. I don't know what else I want from mascara! And it is so very cheap. It holds a curl too! Aside from the initial smudging, I really love this and can look over it. UPDATE: The smudging is just too much. I am sick of having to clean my eyelid after applying this, and then again after combing through my lashes.

on 4/30/2005 5:27:00 AM

I'm so sick of buying "waterproof" mascaras which turn out to be not so waterproof like they proclaim to be. It's an okayish mascara and it makes me forget that I'm wearing mascara at all (which is good) I won't be repurchasing because I believe the Japanese brands (eg. Kose Visee, Fasio) are the best in the mascara industry so I intend to go Japanese all the way.

on 4/19/2005 1:15:00 PM

Big embarrassing surprise - it is NOT ACTUALLY WATERPROOF. Not even mist-proof, as evidenced by the raccoon eyes I was sporting after a short walk under an umbrella. My regular non-waterproof Definicils held up much better under the same circumstances. Definitely will not purchase again.

on 4/15/2005 1:22:00 AM

I've only used this for a few days. I love dramatic eye makeup and use Lancome Definicils for that. But I've been very impressed with other Maybelline mascaras and have been trying all of them. This is not spectacular but great as an everyday mascara because it's so natural and also cheap. It washes off better than most waterproof mascaras I've tried.

on 4/7/2005 9:14:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This does not hold curl on me, which is forgivable, but it also smudges, which is not. A pity, because other than that it's fine. Going in the bin.

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

This is a great mascara for a natural look. I have straight eyelashes and this holds the curl moderately well; I find that I have to recurl after it has dried. It adds more length than it does thickness, but no smudging or clumping. I'd repurchase this.
edit: The humidity and FnS should not mix! Hello, racoon eyes. continued >>

on 3/28/2005 8:56:00 PM

Makes my eyelashes long, healthy, and holds the curl after I use my eyelash curler. I wear contacts and this doesn't flake as much as others, although it does occasionally. It's waterproof, yet easy to remove with remover. I recommend it!