September 21, 2014 | 1077 users online

Mascara - Clinique - High Impact Mascara

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/19/2008 10:18:00 AM More reviews by pupster

Previously did not like this, but I have had an old tube, either that or they have reformulated it. Tried in a GWP and ended up buying the full size. This is a volumizing mascara, really builds up big long lashes, all I do in the am is curl and apply two coats and my eyes look really wide awake. Removes pretty easily and haven't experienced any of the smudging others have had problems with. I don't have oily skin so that may be why. This compares to Lancome's Hypnose which I also like, but Clinique's is $10 less.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/15/2008 9:07:00 PM More reviews by lvlover23

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Hazel

Gives my eyelashes a really nice length, but no volume. Brush is very good, mascara goes on smoothly with no clumps.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/14/2008 2:15:00 PM More reviews by angels2919

This is a great mascara, very dramatic look to make your eyes stand out. This is my backup mascara so to speak because I love their new Lash Power mascara. This is a great mascara also though!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/10/2008 4:15:00 PM More reviews by katmu1

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I use this as my everyday mascara in black/brown. I apply to uppers only after applying the Clinique lash primer. On my lashes this combo gives me really nice length, without needing to comb after. No clumps. It is easy to remove when I wash my face with cleansing oil at night. Thus far, it has not irritated my lashes the way mascara sometimes can. It seems to hold the curl that my lashes have naturally. My only wish is that it was more of a true brown. I have a before and after pic with this product in my profile. A definite repurchase for me.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/9/2008 12:58:00 PM More reviews by jinnzor

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I got a smaller size of this mascara with a Clinique gift set. I usually use Clinique High Definition Lashes which I love. I don't love this quite as much. It gives decent volume, but doesn't lengthen as well as High Definition. It doesn't smudge and it hasn't irritated my eyes (I wear contact lenses), but it does have a tendency to clumb a bit. I don't like the brush. It's too big and it makes it difficult to apply mascara to all my lashes.

Me: Moderately fair skin (MAC NC 20-25), blue eyes, light brown hair.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/7/2008 3:59:00 AM More reviews by allawallaballa

My review might be slightly different from the rest; I purchased High Impact Mascara in Sultry Plum while on the quest to find the perfect purple mascara. Those of you who have tried colored mascaras in the past know that the options are pretty scarce: No color payoff or chalky, pastel shades. Since purple brings out the green in my eyes, I am always on the hunt for the perfect vibrant purple. Clinique High Impact Mascara was not exactly what I had in mind. While it did create fuller, longer lashes without clumping, the color was too subtle for my liking. That being said, Sultry Plum did make my eyes look slightly brighter/greener. I'm still searching for a more vibrant, more purple option.

Shade Description: Sultry plum is a reddish, almost burgandy purple. It could be a nice, subtle alternative to black mascara but may also make bloodshot eyes appear to be more so. This color is work appropriate since it takes quite a few coats to get the purple effect (and even then, it was primarily visible at the very tip of my lashes and only in direct light). continued >>

rated 5 of 5 on 3/4/2008 10:49:00 PM More reviews by mo0nlight

This mascara is so great! My eye style is asian and it is easy to be panda (or raccoon). However, this mascara is never spreaded on my eyes. My eyelash is shorter and thin. But! This mascara makes my eyelash is long and thick! *Tip* When you try to remove this mascara, you don't have to use remover. Because this mascara is melted in the hot water. Human body temperature is 36.5 degree, but this mascara is melted higher temeprature than human body temperature. so this product is never spreaded on your eyes and use the hot water to remove it.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/4/2008 7:36:00 AM More reviews by Isab3lla

I'm here today to review one of the best mascara I ever used.
the first impression was dramatic! it works good for the volume, lashes become very "diva effect"!
the cream is a little bit gluey and dense, so It's not very easy to remove.
the brush is quite big.
the formulation could irritate if you have sensitive eyes.
However the impact is sure, you'll have doll lashes!

rated 3 of 5 on 3/3/2008 5:03:00 AM More reviews by IlanaKravets

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Same as other reviewers gave my lashes great oomph and volume. Had lots of comments from my friends. However, and this is why I wouldn't buy it again, during the day and when I would try and take off my make up it came off in these waxy strings which irritated my eyes and even when I though I had taken it off completely the next morning I would still find these gooey strings coming out of my eyes

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/2/2008 8:34:00 PM More reviews by mtack

My lashes: short, medium thickness and dark brown. Love dramatic lashes. This mascara provided no volume, some length after 4 sweeps, lashes droopped and smudged after couple of hours, the black not too pigmented, weird hue to it. After removal, noticed flakes inside the rims of my eyes. Conclusion: nothing high impact about this mascara, one of the worst mascaras I have ever tried for a dept. store brand. Wore it for three days with same results and then went straight to the trash. This was the regular size, ugly green tube I purchased. My own fault since I know Clinique has a bad reputation on mascaras.