October 31, 2014 | 1412 users online

Mascara - Clinique - High Impact Mascara

rated 3 of 5 on 3/24/2008 1:09:00 PM More reviews by royal_bee17

I got the sample sized version of this, and it's all right. The first time I used it it was a huge mess! But now I think I've gotten the hang of it. The comb does not work at all for me. It has to much mascara on it and it causes it to clump so I just use the normal brush side,and it gives good length. I wouldn't buy it again because of the double side of the brush. It's kind of like my Diorshow UNLIMITED which did not work for me AT ALL! I used this mascara with and without a eyelash curler,and strangely, my eyelashes look longer when I didn't use the eyelash curler. I wouldn't by this product again but it's worth a shot.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/24/2008 9:10:00 AM More reviews by Margol85

I found this mascara to flake a lot when I put it on, so whenever I looked in the mirror throughout the day I would have black speck around my eyes! Also, it's very hard to remove and I had to use the Clinique oil-based eye makeup remover..regular oil-free ones just didn't do the job.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/23/2008 7:11:00 PM More reviews by mwebba1

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

My go to mascara. I like that it comes off easily with soap and water and it gives me a lot of volume. Really dark. My eyes look so sexy in this. I have diorshow blackout, and this I would say is better. You get fullness and blackness. I think this mascara is really underrated.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/19/2008 10:24:00 PM More reviews by noisylove

I initially tried the high impact mascara after receiving it as a GWP and loooved it, so naturally, I purchased a tube.

Pros
01 black is a very rich, deep color
can lengthen or volumize depending upon how you apply
easy to apply and rarely clumps

Cons
flakes
too wet when brand new - makes application difficult
doesn't hold curl very well

While I'm still on my quest for the "perfect" mascara, high impact mascara will tide me over until I totally fall in love with something.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/19/2008 10:18:00 AM More reviews by pupster

Previously did not like this, but I have had an old tube, either that or they have reformulated it. Tried in a GWP and ended up buying the full size. This is a volumizing mascara, really builds up big long lashes, all I do in the am is curl and apply two coats and my eyes look really wide awake. Removes pretty easily and haven't experienced any of the smudging others have had problems with. I don't have oily skin so that may be why. This compares to Lancome's Hypnose which I also like, but Clinique's is $10 less.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/15/2008 9:07:00 PM More reviews by lvlover23

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Hazel

Gives my eyelashes a really nice length, but no volume. Brush is very good, mascara goes on smoothly with no clumps.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/14/2008 2:15:00 PM More reviews by angels2919

This is a great mascara, very dramatic look to make your eyes stand out. This is my backup mascara so to speak because I love their new Lash Power mascara. This is a great mascara also though!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/10/2008 4:15:00 PM More reviews by katmu1

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I use this as my everyday mascara in black/brown. I apply to uppers only after applying the Clinique lash primer. On my lashes this combo gives me really nice length, without needing to comb after. No clumps. It is easy to remove when I wash my face with cleansing oil at night. Thus far, it has not irritated my lashes the way mascara sometimes can. It seems to hold the curl that my lashes have naturally. My only wish is that it was more of a true brown. I have a before and after pic with this product in my profile. A definite repurchase for me.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/9/2008 12:58:00 PM More reviews by jinnzor

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I got a smaller size of this mascara with a Clinique gift set. I usually use Clinique High Definition Lashes which I love. I don't love this quite as much. It gives decent volume, but doesn't lengthen as well as High Definition. It doesn't smudge and it hasn't irritated my eyes (I wear contact lenses), but it does have a tendency to clumb a bit. I don't like the brush. It's too big and it makes it difficult to apply mascara to all my lashes.

Me: Moderately fair skin (MAC NC 20-25), blue eyes, light brown hair.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/7/2008 3:59:00 AM More reviews by allawallaballa

My review might be slightly different from the rest; I purchased High Impact Mascara in Sultry Plum while on the quest to find the perfect purple mascara. Those of you who have tried colored mascaras in the past know that the options are pretty scarce: No color payoff or chalky, pastel shades. Since purple brings out the green in my eyes, I am always on the hunt for the perfect vibrant purple. Clinique High Impact Mascara was not exactly what I had in mind. While it did create fuller, longer lashes without clumping, the color was too subtle for my liking. That being said, Sultry Plum did make my eyes look slightly brighter/greener. I'm still searching for a more vibrant, more purple option.

Shade Description: Sultry plum is a reddish, almost burgandy purple. It could be a nice, subtle alternative to black mascara but may also make bloodshot eyes appear to be more so. This color is work appropriate since it takes quite a few coats to get the purple effect (and even then, it was primarily visible at the very tip of my lashes and only in direct light). continued >>