July 24, 2014 | 2198 users online

Mascara - Clinique - High Impact Mascara

rated 5 of 5 on 2/21/2008 1:11:00 AM More reviews by justynae

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

My HG mascara. Don't be fooled--it doesn't clump if you know how to apply mascara properly! I received this in a GWP in 2005--strange to say but I still use that same tube. It doesn't irritate my eyes, flake, or smudge. I didn't use this for a while but I can't recall if it was not as thick 2 years ago, or if it's thickened upon sitting around. I just got another GWP size of this today and I noticed the brushes are different. Maybe people don't like this because they have changed the brush and formula. I used to have thick long lashes, but months of testing poor mascaras have left me with sparse, short lashes. This makes them oh-so thick, soft, long and lush. They are curled and sky high. I can't say enough good things about this mascara. I have never had a problem. If you are looking for something cheaper that works similarly, try Cover Girl Fantastic Lash.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/20/2008 3:58:00 PM More reviews by x3il33n

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This mascara was okay if you put it on. The length and volume was okay, all it did was just darken my eyelashes and give it like a nanometer of length. However, it does smudge, especially if you rub your eyes often. Also, I've had the same experience as those last posters. I got a black gooey string of mascara plus something else in the corner of my eye after I've taken the mascara off. Not pleasant.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/20/2008 12:46:00 AM More reviews by Leesabees

My eyes exploded with this mascara. Exploded into horribleness. Woke up eyes swollen shut, taking horrible gunkiness out of my eyes. All day my eyes were red. I wanted to cry, but couldn't.

I would have given it a higher package quality, but since the package contained horrible eye acid no, it was not good quality.

I always would get these in the GWP's, and every time I used them this happened. I thought it was allergies... yes... to horrible mascara.

Looked pretty going on though!

rated 2 of 5 on 2/13/2008 8:54:00 PM More reviews by vanillacupcake

I received this as a GWP. I had the same problem as the poster below - wearing this mascara caused goopy black eye stuff. You don't want details.
It was fine when I was wearing it but it irritated my eyes when I was taking it off. Also, the next morning (for most of the day) I had those black strings in my eyes.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/12/2008 7:30:00 AM More reviews by atomic_girl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This is one of the worst mascaras I've ever tried in terms of smudging. By the end of the work day most of this mascara had migrated to my eyelids and undereyes.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/9/2008 1:20:00 PM More reviews by assenav

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have really short and tiny lashes, and it gives me a natural look. It doesn't clump and can be easily removed by warm water. It was a GWP for me, but I am not gonna pay for it.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/9/2008 11:10:00 AM More reviews by mrspeel

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I got this as a GWP a couple of years ago. Was quite happy with the way my lashes looked when using it. HOWEVER it irritated my eyes terribly - it seemed to shed into my eyes and I'd be pulling gooey black strings out of the corner of my eyes during the day, or I'd get to the point where I couldn't keep one eye open because it was tearing up so badly. Took me a while to realise that it was the mascara causing the problems - switched mascaras (to Dior Maximeyes, now discontinued so have moved onto Diorshow) and that cleared up the problem quick smart. This was the worst beauty product I've ever used.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/9/2008 4:12:00 AM More reviews by spiffytiffi912

Age: Unknown Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I got this as a GWP and it's a pretty decent mascara. It's glossy, doesn't clump, goes on clean, and comes off pretty well too. It's not completely AMAZING or anything, but I've had worse. My eyelashes are kind of dinky and straight. This mascara doesn't give volume, length, or curl, but it darkens them and makes my eyes look pretty.
If you want something straightforward, I recommend this. I would buy it when I run out, but I'll be trying out other types because this one isn't the ONE for me.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/8/2008 4:23:00 PM More reviews by ejmj

I love this... my favorite is still Long Pretty Lashes, but the brush on this is phenomenal... doesn't clump, gets every lash, and you can really control how much you get on. I dont' like the overly dramatic look, so I do a few swipes and I"m done! love it!

UPDATE- why is it I love mascara the first time I use it then HATE it so often the next time??? The first time was great... then the next time I tried to put it on it clumped all over my eyes, waht a mess. This is going back. Sticking w/ Long Pretty Lashes

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/31/2008 7:11:00 PM More reviews by Baptista

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

There's really nothing high impact about this mascara, imo it was really poorly named bc it just doesn't live up to the expectations it creates. On me, it gives no additional length or volume, but it does go on very smoothly without clumping. It has a very wet texture, which I think helps cut down on the clumping, but it also makes my eyelashes very straight, completely removes any curl if I curl them, and I really prefer not to curl my lashes after applying mascara. On the plus side though, the color was fine, and it doesn't smell funny like a lot of the Clinique (esp waterproof) mascaras do. This might be a nice thing to use if you want a really simple, no fuss, natural look. Not super expensive, but I am slightly underwhelmed and combined with the fact that I can get something much more dramatic for less than half the price, I wouldn't repurchase.