Cetaphil Daily Facial Cleanser (Normal to Oily Skin)

3.5

Water, Sodium Lauroyl Sarcosinate, Acrylates/Steareth-20 Methacrylate Copolymer(thickening agent), Glycerin, PEG-200 Hydrogenated Glyceryl Palmate, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Butylene Glycol(preservative, PEG-7 Glyceryl Cocoate, Phenoxyethanol, Masking Fragrance, Panthenol, PEG-60 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Disodium EDTA, Methylparaben.

on 11/18/2004 1:58:00 PM

This burns my face! The minute I put it on my face felt like I was having a hot flash. It stung and itched for a while; then stopped. I will not re-purchase. The package is acceptable and the pump is hygeinic. I dont mind the smell. If it just didn't burn!

on 10/31/2004 11:57:00 PM

This is a totally worthless product. It made me break out like crazy. Of course dermatologists recommend this - it sends more business their way! Don't use this product unless you're attempting to make a fashion statement with a face full of zits!

on 10/28/2004 12:23:00 PM

altough this *might* be a so so cleanser, the SMELL....ugh!
the fragrance in this is SO strong, & in my opinion does not smell good either. stronger than some perfumes I have smelled!

on 10/26/2004 1:44:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure

I was looking for an relatively inexpensive cleanser and thought this would be a good one. I have very oily skin and it took two washings before my skin felt clean. My skin also broke out after using this. It did not work for me!

on 10/26/2004 1:32:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Ugghh. Liked this initially, but after a few weeks, this has proven to be so harsh and stripping on my skin. It is literally like washing your face with detergent. I have had great success with the original cleanser and the cream from Cetaphil, but this one is such a disappointment. I will stick to the unfragranced products for my sensitive skin.

on 10/24/2004 2:51:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

This cleanser is the only thing that finally calmed down my freaking out skin. It got rid of all my breakouts (I was getting a new breakout every day) and has left it the most clear it has ever been. I don't mind the price either since I've spent three times this amount at the department stores and they didn't do the job. I find it takes all my makeup off when I use a facial brush with it to lightly exfoliate. My definite HG!!!

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

This cleanser works wonderfully on my normal to oily, acne-prone skin. It cleans all of the dirt, oil, and makeup off; doesn't leave a film like the original cetaphil; doesn't irritate my skin at all; and leaves my skin feeling really soft and nice.

I kind of like the scent, although it's not spectacular.

After reading other negative reviews, I'd say this probably will only work if you actually have normal to oily skin, like it is intended for.

on 10/18/2004 2:13:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

I love this cleanser. It doesn't cause me to break out and it doesn't irritate my skin.

on 10/16/2004 8:17:00 PM

Works well on my mostly normal skin - doesn't feel greasy and doesn't strip my skin. Definitely a HG for me!

UPDATE: I've been using this for years now, but my skin has other needs - firming, softening, etc. and I have moved on to other cleansers... but it was decent when I was in my 30s

on 10/7/2004 5:34:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

This is a gel cleanser for the face, but I actually found it to be quite stripping/drying. It made my skin purge oil like crazy after I washed with it! And my skin's ph balance felt totally off! I was expecting way better from Cetaphil. The other Gentle Skin Cleanser from Cetaphil has been my hg for years. I use it on my body, when my face is feeling dry, and to shave my legs, and I like that one way better because it really is gentle. It's the cleanser that has a lotion consistancy w/ a flip top cap, so get that one if you need something truly gentle. Also, I tried to use up this Normal to Oily Cleanser as a body wash, and my skin was all red and irritated after. This doesn't happen with the other Cetaphil cleanser. It's easy to confuse the two in the store, so be careful when choosing the right one.

Video Reviews & Tutorials