October 21, 2014 | 2065 users online

Cleansers - Cetaphil - Daily Facial Cleanser (Normal to Oily Skin)

rated 5 of 5 on 9/2/2004 2:04:00 PM More reviews by HarryP

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have normal/dry skin and I really like this cleanser for morning use. It is great to remove small traces of oil that have collected on the face while I was sleeping, but don't expect it to remove any makup! I have noticed that if I stray from it in the mornings, my face starts to break out a bit. I am staying with this product until my skin decides it is ready to move on.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/26/2004 11:32:00 AM More reviews by dasani012

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I've been using this product for the past week and I haven't really noticed a difference in my acne prone skin. The is expensive for a drugstore product. The packaging was very disappointing. The pump nozzle is very flimsy and does not distribute a lot of liquid. It also did not wash off all of my makeup at the end of the day. I had to wash like 4 times to get everything off. I would not buy this product again.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/25/2004 11:29:00 AM More reviews by chefgirlardee

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is wonderful on my greasy acne scarred face. This clear cleanser does not foam much nor does it have a pretty scent, but it does clean my face real well without stripping it or leaving a residue. I have not experienced any irritation or breakouts from using Cetaphil. I have noticed if you have stubborn make-up on, it helps to wash with a washcloth or wash twice. My only complaint is that the pump is a little flimsy for me.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/17/2004 3:51:00 PM More reviews by denise1105

I always find myself going back to this product if something I try doesn't work at all. I have had my doctor and dermatologist tell me to use this. I always get antsy though there are all these cleansers on the market that will control oil, I try them, they don't work and I go back to Cetaphil

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/15/2004 10:35:00 PM More reviews by Zedar

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is not gentle. It fried my skin on my face and the insides of my nostrils (I hate the fragrance)! It did not take off all my makeup either.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/11/2004 4:28:00 PM More reviews by Ecstacez

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This product had the potential to be great but it stung my skin SO much. I've never before felt anything like it; I was on the verge of tears! The only reason it got 3 lippies is cos it thoroughly cleanses, leaves no greasy residue behind and makes my skin soft after drying it off. The stinging/burning sensation is honestly unbearable, and my skin isn't even all that sensitive! I definetly will not buy this again.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/4/2004 12:40:00 PM More reviews by blue_eyez

I have been using this cleanser for about 5 weeks (t-zone skin) and have had major breakouts along my jawline and chin where I've never had acne before. I haven't discontinued using this cleanser YET, but I have a feeling that is the reason my skin is having problems. I just went to the derm to get a glycolic acid solution and antibiotic pills and she recommended continuing with Cetaphil....however, I am still seeing no improvement. Maybe the fragrance is causing the raucous! I'll keep you posted. UPDATE: I've stopped using Cetaphil and noticed a huge improvement in my skin. I now use Clear Logix Daily Oil Fighting Wash and it is doing amazing things for my combo/acne prone skin. Whatever ingredient that is in Cetaphil must've been reacting with my skin in a bad way.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/2/2004 12:23:00 AM More reviews by susanhebert97

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I am pleased with this cleanser. I tried it out when my overly oily face got ten times worse. It did the impossible and dried out most of the oils off my nose and chin. I am in love. I don't use this everyday now because after using it for a couple days in a row it dried out the crease in between my nose and upper lip to the point of causing sores. I still love it though, because it does help prevent the oily build up.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/25/2004 2:53:00 PM More reviews by TopNote

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

A nice skin cleanser. A clear liquid that works great to remove excess facial oil and makeup without overdrying. It doesn't lather much though. Also I wish it was fragance free. It has a 70's type flowery scent that is really unnecessary. I do like the pump bottle. Other than that, its worth a try.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/20/2004 10:53:00 AM More reviews by sunshinewonder

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Much cheaper than my favorite cleanser (Lancome Gel Clarte) and works just fine for me. I don't usually mind the smell of products but I don't like this one, though I can live with it. It's inexpensive enough that I use it on my back and decolette too. I have found it clearing for my oily/acne prone skin. Others here have not had such luck, so it seems to be a hit or miss product. I still miss my Lancome though.