Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk Foundation

3.9

AQUA / WATER, CYCLOPENTASILOXANE, GLYCERIN, ISODODECANE, ALCOHOL, POLYGLYCERYL-4 ISOSTEARATE, ALUMINUM STARCH OCTENYLSUCCINATE, CETYL PEG/PPG-10/1 DIMETHICONE, HEXYL LAURATE, DISTEARDIMONIUM HECTORITE, PHENOXYETHANOL, ACETYLATED GLYCOL, STEARATE, MAGNESIUM SULFATE, ETHYLHEXYL METHOXYCINNAMATE, TRISTEARIN, CELLULOSE GUM, NYLON-1,2 LIMONENE, BENZYL SALICYLATE, LINALOOL, DIPHENYL DIMETHICONE ACRYLATES COPOLYMER, PARFUM / FRAGRANCE, DISODIUM STEAROYL GLUTAMATE, METHYLPARABEN, BUTYLPARABEN, BUTYLPHENYL METHYLPROPIONAL, ALUMINUM HYDROXIDE, HEXYL CINNAMAL [ /- MAY CONTAIN CI 77891 / TITANIUM DIOXIDE CI 77492, CI 77499, CI 77491 / IRON OXIDES CI 77007 / ULTRAMARINES MICA

on 6/2/2004 3:34:00 PM

I've always believed that drugstore makeup works just as well as department store makeup. Why pay more if I can look just as good with drugstore brands? But this is one of the few exceptions that I make. This is one of the best foundations I have tried in a long time. Makes my skin look beautiful even after I passed out with my face down in the carpet one drunken night.

on 5/18/2004 10:11:00 AM

I received a sample of this liquid foundation in Dallas. I'd call it an average foundation. The coverage was light to medium, and it looked divine once it applied but it only lasted a few hours, even with a primer underneath and powder on top.

on 4/30/2004 4:01:00 AM

I tried it after recommendation from a friend. I have to say that I have a combo skin and this might not be the best one to suit me. Anyway, I gave it a try and the colors are nice, but I was so stupid to buy the color the MA recommended me... Way too dark!! I'm a NC20 and I got number 5. That made me hate this as soon as I tried it again at home. Lately I found that it looks nice if I use the Blanc from Chanel all over the face before the foundation.

I need a retouch with a Chanel blot paper, but apart from this, it's one of the best foundations I've tried, if you find the right color!

on 4/24/2004 10:57:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

While this is not my HG (MK medium coverage foundation is), it is the best foundation for a luminous, sheerer nighttime look. It really is quite wonderful. It makes your face glow without making it look shiny or greasy. The coverage is pretty good and the color is great (yellow undertones)! The price is very expensive, one of the reasons why I use this only for special occasions.

on 4/20/2004 12:11:00 AM

It is long lasting and won't turn dull after 5 hours!! But I'm not sure if it cause me a little break out on the side of my front head or not. Cause my front head is very easy to break out.
Anyway, I will still use it up and see how it going, unless it break me out badly.

on 4/19/2004 6:30:00 PM

A couple of months back some fellow MUAers and I had a get together and one of the stores we went to was Saks, where we were offered assistance by a very nice young SA named Chris. He showed us these trays of Armani foundation samples and said "help yourselves," and then suggested color numbers (I was a "three or four," he said). So I grabbed the LSF in four, then the matte and the day sheer in the same numbers. Today, I finally got around to using the LSF and oh, my....where have you been all my life? Great coverage, great finish (stayed in place even on an unseasonable 80 degree day) and looked good even in the car! I'll have to save up my pennies for this one!

on 4/11/2004 2:04:00 PM

After seeing all the raves here I decided to give this a try where there's just a GA opens near my workplace. The coverage is medium and the finish is quite ur.. unique. Somewhat glowy, not shiny but didn't feel natural either. However it feels sticky / greasy, in the same time highlights dry patches. Too bad this is not for me. Another grip is although it seems hygienic in a pump bottle, this actually produce more wastage - 1 pump is not enough and 2 pumps is too much & couldn't get the last bit out of it.

on 4/9/2004 3:42:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

Come on, if anyone says this product isn't great they are insane. I use 4.5 and love it. It is fairly light in coverage so if you are looking for heavy foundation this is not your best bet. Mix with a fluid sheer of your choice and you will look amazing!

Hmm.. this was reccomended to me by a friend. Being super pale, I have a hard time finding foundations to match me. I got samples in 0,1, and 2. #1 is pale enough, but it's too yellow. Mixing 0 and 2 is an okay match, but who really wants to have to buy 2 obscenely expensive bottles of foundation to make the right color?? That is just beyond annoying.
The coverage on this is meh.. I don't need a lot of coverage, I just want to even out the tones in my skin, cancel some very slight redness, and even out the freckles I have. This doesn't do that. I can see everything through it. I don't want a heavy foundation at all.. but I do want SOMETHING, you know? All I got from this was painfully obvious sparkles all over my face. Speaking of those sparkles.. I noticed something very odd. I'd put a bit of this on my finger and apply it to one area of my face, and it would be luminous but not glittery. I'd get more out of the jar, and this time it'd be so shimmery I looked like a lightbulb. It's like the shimmer particles aren't evenly dispersed in the bottle or something. I also found 1 to be more shimmery than 0.
The texture of this is very liquidy, I accidently tipped over one of my sample pots and man did I ever have a mess. Although, because it is liquidy like that it works well with a foundation brush..
I'm noticing a slight scent in this.. like licorice or something. And, it doesn't fade when I put it on my skin. That's kindof wigging me out actually. I don't want to go around with a face smelling like licorice.
Oh and the BEST part about this foundtion?! All the silicone in it gave me nasty under the skin bumps and a couple large systic pimples.
Overall.. not impressed. I wouldn't buy this. Ever. continued >>

on 3/28/2004 10:25:00 PM

I contacted SFA and received samples of this product. At first, I was really unsure. Upon application, it looked like it was going to give me that oh-so-unattractive shiny look. However, I let it breathe for about 5 minutes and then went back to finish my makeup. I was surprised, because while not exactly matte, the foundation had dried to a very pleasing glowy my skin but 100x better look. I was going out and wanted to set it, so I busted out the MAC pressed powder and used my kabuki brush to apply it. Not to toot my own horn or anything, but I have to say that the combination was fantastic and lasted even through bar hopping and sweating in clubs. I think I only needed to touch up once, and even then I think it was just be being vain and worrisome rather than my face being in dire need of a touchup. I do want to try the MSF just to see if I like it better, but I am happy to report that I know for sure I can fall back on the LSF!

Video Reviews & Tutorials