October 26, 2014 | 949 users online

Liquid - Giorgio Armani - Luminous Silk Foundation

rated 4 of 5 on 6/20/2003 4:43:00 AM More reviews by blushed

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Pretty slick packaging for a foundation. Love the looks and the pump dispenser.
I got this in LSF#5 which fits fine, although it may be a little too dark on extra pale days but otherwise, I think it fits me perfectly. Love the way it looks sheer yet it's buildable. Gives great coverage despite the sheerness and the glow and radiance is unbelievable! At my age, anything that gives great glow and radiance is a HUGE BONUS! However since it goes on so evenly and looks so un-cakey and natural despite layering, it's easy to go overboard and apply too much. I really like this foundation. Until now, I haven't really found a foundation that I actually ENJOY APPLYING! I do have oily skin though so I need to blot quite often. Funnily enough, because I have combo-oily skin, I prefer LUMINOUS finishes so that when my OILY areas shine, the Contrast isn't so great and noticeable to the DRIER and therefore MATTE areas of my face.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/19/2003 11:20:00 PM More reviews by mendlmt

I know everybody loves this foundation and I really wanted to too but unfortunately it made my skin look blotchy and it comes off too easily for my needs.

I tend to go for more "Stay Put" foundations.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/19/2003 12:19:00 PM More reviews by NYer

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I just recebtly started wearing foundation for fun. I have this in 4.5 [Becca Cashmere]which is a little more peachy than the 4. Using this over their Luminous Make up Base SPF13 primer, applied with a wet sponge gives the most gorgeous finish I've EVER had. You only need a little and the pump is so handy for that. If you buy no other foundation, get this one!! Available at Saks.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/19/2003 10:53:00 AM More reviews by bellebelle

This is a great foundation for dryer skin. Complexion appears flawless (if applied w/foundation brush you can purchase). But, it is a heavier foundation and would not recommend it for the summertime. Tends to get oily. Do not like the packaging becuz you cannot open the bottle and probably wind up throwing out alot.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/5/2003 6:34:00 AM More reviews by Janine

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I'm in the minority. This didn't work for me. I've got combination/oily skin and LSF accentuates my pores and made me shinner than ever. And it didn't really offer much coverage.
I got this from duty free at S$49 which is around US$20+. Love the price but too bad it didn't work for me.

Love the sleek packaging though.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/3/2003 1:34:00 PM More reviews by dixonkatharine

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is my new Holy Grail foundation. To know how much I like it, lets just say I am such a foundation whore ;) that I have NEVER repurchased one. I have always been looking for one that is just a bit better. This I will repurchase, even though I have to order by phone to Chicago or NYC and it is pretty expensive. I used #1, and it is the best match I have ever found for my PPP skin.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/30/2003 4:05:00 PM More reviews by jalin

Oops, thought I had reviewed this, I was hoping to reference my earlier comments about this when reviewing the MSF...oh well!

Anyhow...LSF had super coverage, and a dewy finish. This works better for me in the fall/winter because I live in a humid climate and I could see it getting greasy in the hot weather.

The shade selection is great, and the texture is very nice. Thumbs up, I wish they could combine the coverage of the LSF with the texture and finish of the MSF! :) continued >>

rated 5 of 5 on 5/30/2003 12:06:00 PM More reviews by Kaalexa

This foundation is great! It provides good coverage and it makes your face glow. I have combination skin and personally I like the glow which some people shy away from (even with combination skin I don't think that it makes my face look greasy). I usally follow up with the GA loose powder (which is great also), but even when I don't wear the powder the foundation looks incredible. I know this is my HG foundation and a defenite "must try" for everybody!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/28/2003 1:13:00 PM More reviews by Maureen

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Brown

I was really about to swap this! I was! I bought it at the same time as I purchased an Aura Science foundation brush, and post-vacation, I just let it sit in its box, convinced I hadn't liked it that much (must have been the sticker shock). No wait, it was because I tried applying it with my fingers and did not like the consistency. Anyway, I dug it back out and applied it using the foundation brush and I can't get over it! I had pretty much settled on my MAC C40 and my Becca Olive - MAC is pretty opaque, the Becca more like a tinted moisturizer. This stuff is smack in the middle and lovely. Loooovely. Makes me look so even, so nice. Just opaque enough. I do believe I'm a little bit hooked. I got this in 6.5

I took one lipstick off based on the bottle being too fat to carry with me places, and for the price.
continued >>

rated 5 of 5 on 5/24/2003 3:22:00 PM More reviews by loulou9

I LOVE THIS FOUNDATION. I will never use anything else. It comes in a convenient sanitary pump, which is great, except for the times when you want just a little extra to dab here and there. The best part about this foundation is the completely natural coverage. It disappears into my skin, literally. It has medium coverage that is really buildable over trouble spots without ever looking conspicuous. Maybe best of all, it sort of makes your skin look like it glows. It just looks healthy - no shimmer or iridescence at all. I don't know how he does it. I have combination, breakout prone skin, and it doesn't make my skin break out. With powder on top, I find it leaves a semi-matte, but not at all dry, finish. Someone with oilier skin would probably want the matte foundation, but I love this!!!