Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk Foundation

3.8

AQUA / WATER, CYCLOPENTASILOXANE, GLYCERIN, ISODODECANE, ALCOHOL, POLYGLYCERYL-4 ISOSTEARATE, ALUMINUM STARCH OCTENYLSUCCINATE, CETYL PEG/PPG-10/1 DIMETHICONE, HEXYL LAURATE, DISTEARDIMONIUM HECTORITE, PHENOXYETHANOL, ACETYLATED GLYCOL, STEARATE, MAGNESIUM SULFATE, ETHYLHEXYL METHOXYCINNAMATE, TRISTEARIN, CELLULOSE GUM, NYLON-1,2 LIMONENE, BENZYL SALICYLATE, LINALOOL, DIPHENYL DIMETHICONE ACRYLATES COPOLYMER, PARFUM / FRAGRANCE, DISODIUM STEAROYL GLUTAMATE, METHYLPARABEN, BUTYLPARABEN, BUTYLPHENYL METHYLPROPIONAL, ALUMINUM HYDROXIDE, HEXYL CINNAMAL [ /- MAY CONTAIN CI 77891 / TITANIUM DIOXIDE CI 77492, CI 77499, CI 77491 / IRON OXIDES CI 77007 / ULTRAMARINES MICA

This foundation comes in excellent packaging- a beautifully sleek glass bottle with a pump dispenser. The glass bottle is a bit impractical though as its not the kind of thing you would want to carry around in your makeup bag!

As for the foundation itself Armani seem to have a good range of colours available. I am a PPP (MAC NC20/NW20) and got this foundation in 4. It has a nice yellow undertone to it.

The texture of this foundation is a creamy liquid and it is easy to apply and blend.

My problem with this product is that the colouring in my cheeks is quite high and the foundation doesn't do much to tone this down. Hmmm now what is the point of foundation supposed to be? Oh yeah to even out the skin tone!

Also this foundation is one for anyone with even slightly large pores to avoid as it draws complete attention to them and makes them look huge. I have had to buy a matte powder to go over this to disguise my pores, which is something I've rarely had to do before.

Overall I think this foundation might be suitable for more mature skins or perfect young ones!

I absolutly love this foundation it is totally my HG. Though I've havent really tired many. Just Bobbi Brown and Prescriptives. Eitherway, this is the best by far, the price tag is extreamly heafty, and due tot he elusive avalibity of this cosmetics line it took forever to get my hands on, but im extreamly satisfied. I am a number 9 which the perfect match for me. By BB was a tint too dark and my Prescriptives was a tint to light. The wonderful artist Stephanie at South Coast Plaza matched it to my neck instead of my face, and the whole thing blended seamlessly. Oh it is so wonderful i simply cannot express, i will be repurchasing soon enough. Though a little goes a long way. It should last you at LEAST as year.

I had high hopes for this foundation but alas it isn't my HG. The hunt continues. What I do like is the color (4.5 for me) - it is a very good match for my fair, ruddy complexion. It helps tone down the redness. It has nice medium coverage. What I don't like is that it gives me that dreaded dotty nose look by settling into my pores. And while I love that it has a pump I hate that you can't control how much comes out. One pump isn't enough and the second pump I end up using about 1/3 of so I'm wasting a ton of product each time I use it. For the price I want it to be perfect and it just wasn't. I'll use it up but I won't repurchase.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

**update** This broke me out in places I don't normally break out. I was breaking out badly (didn't attribute it to this at first) and to give my skin a break from all chemicals, I switched to a mineral foundation for three months. I went back to this for one night and I have a huge flat hurtful zit on my chin - I had no breakout using mineral foundation. Ouch, this is one of the painful ones. I cannot do silicone. :-(

Still looks good on, but not worth the amount I have to use to cover the zits it creates!

Previous review: even on my "Oh my goodness, how old will I have to be before I stop breaking out" days, I look like I have a natural glow. I wear 6.5 (6.5 is a touch more golden) / C40 in MAC. MMM/HHH/GGG (depends on the season) olive-toned skin.

I bought this in Vegas at the Bellagio and I didn't like it at first. My husband said my face looked "sweaty". Since I have combo skin, it did shine up easily. But then I stopped using my heavy moisturizer with it. I think this foundation is moisturizing enough on its own. During the day I used my super-light Neutrogena active sunscreen and it didn't contribute to the greasies. I now love this foundation. I use it when I want to look glowy. It lasts all day. I also love the yellow-based shades since I'm a latina with light-medium-olive skin. Too bad it's so expensive, but I've seen it cheaper on ebay. btw, I use shade #6.

i cant believe that i have finally found my holy grail foundation! i mean i have tried EVERYTHING! chantecaille, dior, chanel, laprairie. LSF is a my dream foundation!!!!!! pricey but sooo worth it. my skin looks like those models in allure mag!
im so happy, because nothing makes me feel more confident than having good skin.. and now i have perfect skin! go out and buy this foundation NOW!

I so looked forward to purchasing this foundation. I bought it at Saks 5th Avenue in NYC last December. I had read so much about how beautiful it looked on. unfortunately (especially fpr a $50 foundation!) I was very disappointed. It does not look natural on and it made me break out. i have goven it 2 more tries at different times of year over the past eyar but all with the same results. I only wish i had purchased it close to home so i could ahve returned it.

I was so happy when I got this foundation. It gave what I always wanted - glowy, full coverage and long lasting. BUT after a week using this LSF, my face started to break out!! Bumps,milia, cystic acne - you name it, are all over my face. I will return this thing and will never try it ever again. I have oily acne prone skin and the S.A at Saks said "well, it will not cause any break out, I promised". Yeah right!

This is a very, very expensive foundation (approx. $70 Cdn), even more expensive than Chanel. As a result, I would really love to 'de-bunk' this foundation. Unfortunately I have to admit this foundation is totally fabulous. It is light to medium coverage and matte finish. The reason I really, really love this foundation is that it really seems to do more to enhance my complexion than Chanel's Vitalumiere. I'm not too sure what it is about this foundation, maybe it's less yellow? I'm not sure - it just goes on so naturally, while at the same time making me look better. GA is great about giving samples, so go try it for yourself! ***BOTTOMLINE: ridiculously expensive, but it's worth the $$.

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I looked into this one due to the popularity here. I find that it doesn't cover enough for me. There are other foundations that give me much more improvement. I went for a makeover this summer at Saks and when I left the store I was embarrassed to get home, thats how bad the makeup looked (had to do with the color the SA picked for me too). I had bought the foundation previously in #4, which is a nice, yellow toned, light color. It just doesnt do it for me.