November 28, 2014 | 1946 users online

Misc Beauty Tools - Clarisonic - Mia

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/27/2010 2:31:00 PM More reviews by renaissancegirl

This little gadget is cheaper than the full-size Clarisonic but it's still pricey. Regardless - I cannot live without my Mia. I have been using it every night for one minute for a couple of months now and my complexion has improved greatly. I normally have a very oily t-zone but my skin is now even and normal. I also have very few breakouts and if I do, the pimples don't last very long. I find the brush very soothing and I now look forward to cleansing every evening!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/24/2010 5:19:00 AM More reviews by Ethabella

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I've been using it for a little over a month now and I am very happy. It makes me feel like I've just had a facial, every single day.

At first I was using it morning and night, but then it felt like too much so I started using it at night only. But back then I was using a better cleanser (yeah the product makes a difference) so now I am using it morning and night again because my cleanser doesn't seem to do much without it. Or maybe I am just spoiled by the clarisonic!

My skin has definitely cleared up. I wasn't expecting miracles and I was worried about the "purging period" that other reviewers reported that they went through, but my hormonal breakouts didn't seem any different than normal. It seems that even when I do get breakouts, they clear up faster than normal. The blackheads around my nose and cheeks are nowhere near what they used to be. My other problem - under the skin acne at my chin area is still there, but it's not as noticeable as it used to be.

My clarisonic mia is no miracle worker, and my skin is not flawless and perfect but it has undoubtedly improved in appearance, and some of its underlying problems cleared too.

I have never used a regular clarisonic so I don't know what people are talking about when they say it beeps and such. For me, I just keep it at problem areas longer (such as nose, surrounding nose area and chin) and things seem okay (even though the instructions tell you how long to keep brushing where). It is easy to charge thanks to the universal charger, and brush easy to clean - already bought my replacement that I will use in a couple of months. Quite lightweight, no problems holding it up or anything like that.

One thing I remember is that when I first started using my clarisonic mia, my nose got extremely ticklish and it was hard to use it there. However, within a couple of days it wasn't too bad and now I don't feel ticklish at all. I didn't bother using the cleanser it came with because I heard people say it wasn't very good, and I liked my own cleanser too much to change it. My current cleanser, however, isn't that good so it makes me feel like I'm not getting the most out of this.

I would buy this again - and I will probably buy it for my mother and sister, too!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/23/2010 10:52:00 AM More reviews by eternallycrstn

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Other, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I received the pink mia as a early birthday present from my wonderful DH. Really early actually as I've been using it for about 3 weeks and my birthday is not until next week!

I have gone through some purging as expected, but I will say my skin has never looked or felt better. I have combo skin that can get dry easily, and no more dry patches. Skin feels amazing, looks amazing.

I use this with my bioderma h2o cleanser. I do use my cleanser first to get off my makeup, and then pour a little bit of my h2o on the brush head and go.

I did debate between the mia and the regular clarisonic, but in the end almost everyone on mua prefers the mia unless they plan to use the body brush attachment in the shower which is not compatible with the mia. I really had no desire to use it with the body brush, and the timer didn't seem necessary. Also, I LOVE the magnetic charger vs the big docking station. DH already complains about my taking up so much space on our bathroom counter so one less clunky charger is a plus :). Plus it's a universal charger, so travel friendly.

And I love how small and compact the mia is, fits in my hand perfectly, and still uses the same size brush heads, so you do not lose any productivity with the mia vs. the full size.

I only use my mia once a day, I haven't tried doing it twice as I feel it would be too much. The sensitive brush head it comes with in very gentle, but if you have VERY sensitive skin I would probably look into getting the delicate brush head for it.

Overall, I absolutely love my mia, my skin is looking smooth and radiant, my skincare products soak in better, and my makeup looks more natural.

Definitely would recommend it to anyone with problematic skin.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/16/2010 1:44:00 PM More reviews by Sayoko

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Dark, Neutral Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

After reading about the rave reviews on the new MIA(travel size clarisonic), I decided that I wanted to see if it was just as good as the original. I recieved this as an early christmas gift. I wanted the MIA becuase the smaller size, lighter weight,small compact charger, no charger base = no counter clutter, which was very appealing..
I use this as part of my night time regimen so once per day. I didn't use the cleanser that came with the package I prefer my estee Lauder foaming cleanser for combination skin It works best for me. I don't really have sensitive skin so I use both sensitive and the normal brush head. The Classic model beeps to let you know when to switch to the next cleaning zone, and it has 2 speeds -- the Mia does not beep and has only 1 speed. After owning both the original and the MIA I must say I don't miss the beeps or a second speed. Like the original, After the first treatment, my skin was so smooth, soft and -- have to say it -- glowing! after thee weeks of using the MIA, I can honestly say that I prefer this to the larger size. It works just as well, my skin has had some changes I have less hyerpigmentation issues, my blackheads and whiteheads around my nose has dissappeared, my the pores around that area are less visible, and it's a big improvement on the storage/counter space, If I had to buy this again I would!

17 out of 17 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/15/2010 9:40:00 PM More reviews by media_cookie

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I owned a full size Clarisonic for 3 years that just bit the dust and while I was fine ponying up the $200 for a replacement, I am much happier with this one! It's smaller and doesn't take up counter space with a clunky counter top charger. I just charge this once overnight and put it in the shower for the week. It feels exactly like the regular clarisonic. Just in a smaller package :-)

rated 4 of 5 on 1/14/2010 6:27:00 PM More reviews by purpleflower9203

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Before using this, problems I generally dealt with included blackheads on my nose and whiteheads in the area around the sides of my nose. Other than that, I'd find an occasional whitehead or pimple elsewhere, but not often. Also, during the wintertime, I had to deal with lots of flaking on my face, especially in my eyebrows.
After using the Clarisonic brush with a motley of different cleansers, all of which work fine, I've found:
-smoother skin
-no more flakes (although I also stopped using an oil-free moisturizer, Clinique moisture surge, and switched to a Cetaphil cream)
-and, so far, my whiteheads looking smaller (it's only been a week)

However, one thing I have found is that my nose gets extremely shiny and oily during the day, but this might be because I switched moisturizers.

In general, I am very happy with the results and this brush has 'spiced up' my life a little by making cleansing my face, a routine I normally find very boring, a little more fun, and so I don't forget to do it as often. :D

If my opinion of this changes much, I'll be sure to change my rating and update my post.

EDIT: I stopped using this for a while and I didn't notice any difference. Mostly I'll just use this to take off foundation and just wash my face normally in the morning w/o it. This is definitely a luxury and not necessary. I took off a lippie because this isn't a 5; I could definitely live w/o it.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/14/2010 10:39:00 AM More reviews by happy_blackbird

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Let me preface my review by stating right off the bat that I have very dry, delicate facial skin and have had rosacea my entire adult life. My face is seriously sensitive to chemicals, fragrance, essential oils, etc. You get the picture. I was intrigued by the Mia because I am always looking for a great, gentle exfoliant without harsh chemicals or scratchy grains. My skin looks best when I use little to no products. So, off to Sephora I went. What could be better than a little machine that gently rubs the dry, dead skin off your face? Plus, I could use nothing other than warm water and have it be effective.

The box clearly states that it is not only safe for those with rosacea, but that dermatologists have even recommended it for that exact condition.

Ladies, if you have rosacea or even the slightest bit of cuperous skin, please approach with caution. I used the Mia for five days (every other day) as instructed, with absolutely no pressure against my skin. I used the brush head for sensitive skin. I used it for just a few seconds on each area of my face, for not even a minute in total. After the fifth time I used it, I was shocked to discover I had a huge new broken capillary on my cheek (as well as a few new smaller ones along side my nose). This is devastating, as I will now have to shell out the big bucks to have it laser removed (it's that obvious).

Does my skin feel exfoliated? Yes. Was it appropriate for my delicate skin? Absolutely not. I think this would be a great product for those with skin that is not delicate or for those without rosacea or cuperous (skin where the capillaries are visible beneath the surface of the skin or already broken). It works great for exfoliation, but can (obviously) also damage sensitive skin. :(

30 out of 32 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/13/2010 10:02:00 PM More reviews by karen137972

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

I knew I was going to like it, but I didn't know I would fall in love with it. Absolutely a fantastic product!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/11/2010 3:12:00 AM More reviews by bibinka

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This facial cleaning tool is nothing short of amazing. Add me to the legions of devoted fans of this. I bought this instead of the regular size Clarisonic, because I travel, and this is more portable.

I've battled skin issues since my teen years. Acne, spots, unevenness. Occasional dry spots. Not horrible, but still enough to make me feel inferior :(

I love the super clean feeling I get with Mia, and yes, my skin products are working more effectively. I can see some of my spots starting to fade, because I am also using retin products. My face feels softer and smoother than ever before.

$150 is NOT a lot to pay for the results I have experienced, and if NOT for Mia, I may have spent a lot more for products that just don't deliver.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/10/2010 9:22:00 PM More reviews by cjmar

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I've been eyeing this product for quite a while, and finally I decided to treat myself with my Christmas bonus, and I'm sure glad I did. I've been using the Mia for about 3 weeks now, but I saw an improvement almost instantly. The first night I used my Mia, I noticed many blackheads on my nose were halfway out of the pores. A few days later, I visited my parents and my mother commented on how luminous my skin looked. My acne and blackheads have significantly improved (but still aren't completely gone, I still have gotten a few cystic pimples), but I did notice that they heal quicker. The Mia is supposed to help prep your skin to better absorb products, so I believe that my acne treatment is working better now. I use this system in conjunction with the Clinique Acne line, with Burt's Bees acne spot treatment. My skin was initially a bit more oily, but that has gone away. The bristles are very gentle and it feels good to wash my face. It's also indicated that the bristles are anti-bacterial, therefore they prevent the growth of bacteria. The device is waterproof, and the charger is neat (it's magnetic I believe). All in all, it has dramatically improved my skin in appearance and number of blemishes (although not completely eliminated my acne). This is by far the best $150 I have ever spent.