December 20, 2014 | 913 users online

Misc Beauty Tools - Clarisonic - Mia

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/11/2010 5:03:00 PM More reviews by joshquinto

i agree to most reviewers.. this is by far one of the breakthrough in skin care products.. like everybody else, i was skeptical to use or buy this.. but.. OMG!!! i'm so glad i did.. best purchased ever.. expensive but totally worth it.. i used to buy the best foundations out there.. with this tool, i probably could wear any make up brands.. cheap or expensive..
anyways, it's my only 5th day.. and here i am .. raving about it already..
so, ok... my first day was exciting.. i did a lot of research.. so i finally gave in.. went to sephora cuz i don't want to wait any longer to use this..got the MIA cuz it's cheaper.. and if it doesn't work for me.. it's not as much waste..
first couple of days, my face got dry.. but i have hope for this product that i didn't give in right away.. continued using it only once a day.. as soon as i get home, i'd wash my face right away with this thing to remove most of the make up..
then, day 3.. my gosh.. my skin is so glowy and just so soft and so beautiful..
i noticed a lot of head turning from the guys at the store lately.. i just feel so confident...
i use less make up now and my skin is so amazingly better.. it's like a miracle.. no kidding and no BS..
ahh... i could go on and on about this...
i just love it!!
thanks clarisonic...
will definitely buy again and i would like to try the delicate brush.. and later on.. will buy the tool for the body so i'm silky smooth everywhere...
ohh.. i got the MIA in pink.. it supports breast cancer and it's a cute color..
=)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/9/2010 3:57:00 AM More reviews by angellbing

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Black

This is by far the best investment I've made in skincare. I've suffered with acne since I hit puberty and any cleansing/toning/topical regimen, from prescription to department to drugstore has only worked temporarily. Then my skin adjusts, and I'm on the hunt for something new. While my skin isn't completely clear, it is miles ahead of anything I can remember. It also feels much smoother and some of my old scars are fading and newer ones don't last as long. The large cystic acne I used to get frequently has only made a couple of appearances since late October when I began using this. I'll probably still try out new cleansers (and I may simply be one of those unfortunate people who never completely gets rid of my adult acne), but I will absolutely continue using the Mia. I was hesitant to purchase, but I knew Sephora's return policy is solid, so I took a chance. So glad that I did.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/3/2010 12:58:00 AM More reviews by Indigoblaze12

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Other Eyes: Brown

I got the Mia yesterday so I guess I'm kind of biased as I haven't allowed a general "2-week trial" for a solid review, BUT I noticed something today that I wanted to comment on. I used it for the 1st time last night with my clenziderm daily gel wash (I'm on the clenziderm 3-step acne program for oily skin, it's been about a month but my skin has improved a lot though it wasn't that bad to begin with) and my skin was definitely glowing which was nice and my skin felt tingly and clean. My serum gel soaked in my skin nicely and I thought this might be something good for me. I used the Mia again tonight and then followed with the clenziderm pore therapy (toner) and found that there was an awful LOT of dirt on the cotton pad! I had to use two before I felt like all of the excess dirt was lifted! I was kind of taken aback because all of the reviews that I've read on this site, other sites and information on the Clarisonic site itself stated that the Mia offered a deep down clean, lifting dirt from pores etc, so why was my skin still laden with dirt after TWO 1-minute cycles? I wanna like this, and my skin does feel quite silky after, but I purchased this with goals and intentions! I have like maybe 4-5 tiny blackheads (so small that you can't see them unless I tilt my head to the side, which I do...alot) on my cheeks that I'm trying to get rid off. They make the texture of my skin seem a lil rough. They had started to clear, but after a wknd of skipping my skin supplements and not being strictly regimented as normal with my 3-step kit they kind of came back. I really hope that when I start using the Mia twice a day (i'm only using it at nite to start to avoid a possible "purge") that the extra dirt will be vibrated away lol and the bumps will subside. I'm only giving it a 3 as oppose to a 4 because of the extra dirt, I didn't even wear make-up today so...*crossed fingers for future*

rated 5 of 5 on 2/2/2010 12:49:00 PM More reviews by macsmything

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Green

I bought this about a month ago and wasn't too sure about it. My Dermatologist suggested I try it but it was so expensive. While a Sephora I decided to give it a go and do not regret it at all. It leaves my face feeling so SMOOTH! My lotions seem to just soak in to my skin effortlessly I don't have an oily T-zone anymore and slowly my fine lines around my eyes are minimizing.
Some women do experience a purging phase I did but only for a week I was getting black head but they came out so easily and once that week was over haven't seen them since. For my sensitive skin I switched to the sensitive head and only use it once a day vice the 2 times and my skin is still looking great. Would purchase again!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/2/2010 12:07:00 PM More reviews by Raquel1285

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I was first introduced to this product after receiving a facial. Prior to this, I had thought the clarisonic would be too harsh on my sensitive, acne-prone skin. However, my esthetician busted it out and used it in conjunction with CosMedix products. My skin felt amazing afterwards so I decided to buy one. I LOVE IT. I had cystic acne all over my chin/jawline, and I was starting to scar (and I'm pretty fair). I use the clarisonic nightly with CosMedix Purity Clean. I haven't had a single breakout, and my scars are starting to fade. I'm also using glycolic products, but I do believe the clarisonic is helping to keep my skin clear and improve my old acne scars.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/1/2010 4:47:00 PM More reviews by nancyfeldhaus

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

After dealing with acne for over 15 years I had given up to the search of the "miracle product". I've tried everything and nothing worked, and honestly I didn't think this would do it. I do not only have acne, I've got acne scars all over my face and melasma on my cheeks. This stuff has cleared up my face, especially my chin where the bacteria always caused cystic acne, my black and white heads have diminish considerably since I started using it (the week of Thanksgiving 09) and my skin looks a lot better! The melasma is another thing I have to deal with and I didn’t expect the Clarisonic Mia to improve it but I can see a huge difference in my skin since the last couple of months.
I must make clear that I’ve always washed my face thoroughly day and night thinking that I was getting rid of all the dirt and make up, apparently I wasn’t until now; and that that I read reviews on the facial soap that comes with the Mia and apparently it clogs pores, so I’ve never used it -- what I use with it is the Clear and Clear Foaming Facial Cleanser for Sensitive Skin ($5+) and/or Clinique’s Liquid Facial Soap Oily Skin Formula.($15+). My advice, do remove make up before using the Mia, you can do this with a make up remover wipe or the same soap and water, otherwise it will get nasty; and stop using harsh products on your skin like exfoliants…the Mia and a good facial soap is all you need, and it doesn’t have to be a expensive one!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/31/2010 11:27:00 PM More reviews by devmar

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Oh wow. This is just amazing. My face feels so much better after I use it twice daily. It's just great. that's all i have to say (:

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/31/2010 7:30:00 PM More reviews by kotsiros

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I have been reading the reviews about the original Clarisonic for ages, but since the voltage isn't adapted for Spain i never gave in.
So when the Mia came out i wanted to wait and see the rating it would get.
As i hoped the rating is pretty high and no wonder, it's universal, cheaper, and exactly like the Clarisonic.So i gave in and bought it.
After 4 weeks of twice daily use here are my thoughts:
It is absolutely fantastic.I was afraid that it would irritate my skin since i can't handle exfoliation, but all the contrary, it seems to calm down my sensitive combination skin.I haven't changed anything in my skin care routine so i have to give all the credit to Mia.
I use my Apivita gentle cleanser and massage for 2 minutes, one on my T-zone and one on the rest of my face.No irritation whatsoever.
I follow with my Guerlain Super Aqua lotion using my hands and then with Dior's new Capture Totale One Essential serum.I follow With Guerlain Super Aqua Day and Shiseido Bio-Peformance Super Eye Contour Cream.
My skin has never looked better.It is calm,very very smooth and has a really fresh glow.It stays matte for longer and all signs of dehydration i had have disappeared.
The best thing is since my skin is so clean and exfoliated, i need half the amount of creams than i used to, so they absorb better and the effect is, well, uber skin.
I didn't have a purging period like others have, but then again i don't usually do.
All in all, the reviews are very accurate and the Mia is an absolute winner.
It's something that you don't really need, but it can work magic on your skin,and it can make your regime work twice as fast and more importantly twice as effectively.
I'm glad i bought it and i'm very happy to see the difference it's making in my skin.
Oh one thing i forgot to mention!Blackheads!!I don't have many to start with but they have all disappeared, my pores are visible but since they are clean they don't look so obvious and the smoothness of my skin is making them slowly and gradually less and less noticeable.
Thumbs up and definitely recommended.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/31/2010 2:41:00 AM More reviews by KristinClark

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love my Clarisonic Mia! It gives my face a really deep clean, and I feel like my skin has improved significantly overall. I also love that I can use it in the shower. The battery lasts a pretty decent amount of time too.

Also, I love that it's pink... so cute!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/27/2010 2:31:00 PM More reviews by renaissancegirl

This little gadget is cheaper than the full-size Clarisonic but it's still pricey. Regardless - I cannot live without my Mia. I have been using it every night for one minute for a couple of months now and my complexion has improved greatly. I normally have a very oily t-zone but my skin is now even and normal. I also have very few breakouts and if I do, the pimples don't last very long. I find the brush very soothing and I now look forward to cleansing every evening!