August 21, 2014 | 1306 users online

Misc Beauty Tools - Clarisonic - Mia

rated 5 of 5 on 1/2/2010 10:10:00 AM More reviews by REE43

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I am reviewing the clarisonic mia which I received as a gift purchased from QVC as a special value. It is the baby version as the more expensive original. This is an amazing tool. The idea is that of a sonic care toothbrush but for your face. It is true how you believe you are thoroughly removing makeup but when you use this you realize there is a difference . It feels wonderful on your skin and they give 3 sample cleansers to try. It can be used with any cleanser. I definately see a difference in the tone of my skin as well as how much better my makeup looks. I think that anyone who is having that feeling of their make up just not looking good anymore should consider this. It is also waterproof so can be taken in the shower. There is an automatic 1 minute setting so it shuts off for you. This is a great investment . If your on the fence go for it you will love it!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/2/2010 2:47:00 AM More reviews by Zhariel

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Ok, so remember the first time you used an electric toothbrush? The first time I used one, I wondered where it had been all my life! My mouth and teeth felt so wonderfully clean! I've not gone without one since. It honestly took me one use to be impressed, and now I'm hooked. This is EXACTLY how I feel about the Clarisonic Mia. The first time I used it I couldn't believe how soft and clean my skin felt. I can say that for me, this thing exceeded all of my expectations and isn't all hype. The reason everyone loves it? Everyone loves the Clarisonic because it really is great!

It didn't irritate my sensitive skin that first use. I've been alternating between using it twice a day and once a day, and it's still not irritating my skin. The sensitive brush head works just fine on my skin. I love this! So many things will irritate my sensitive skin, and that's really the biggest reason that I'd held off on buying a Clarisonic. I just didn't want to spend $150 only to have it be something I didn't use. Thank goodness that's not the case! I do prefer to use it just once a day though, in the evenings.

It deep cleans my skin and buffs away the dead skin gently, even around my nose piercing, and this area is notoriously difficult for me to get exfoliated without it feeling like I'm going to rip my piercing out. I can't use my Blinc Resurf.a.stic easily in this area, so normally I resort to using a wash cloth to try and get it clean, and it's a struggle. With the Mia, no more struggle. I just have to tolerate the ticklish feeling of the brush vibrating on my nose and piercing. The mild discomfort is soooooooooooooooooooooooooo worth it.

So the Clarisonic Mia Pink costs $149. I saved 20% on it (so about $29.80) since I bought it during Sephora's Friends & Family sale. The replacement brushes seem to cost $25 and you should replace them about every 3 months it says. While the initial investment might be a bit steep, spending the $100 a year for maintenance isn't bad, especially if you're using this brush instead of buying exfoliant, or getting professional facials done. Considering for me when I got my professional facial done that it was very uncomfortable, borderline painful, I much prefer this to a professional facial.

My final thoughts:
While the Clarisonic (any version) is expensive, I feel like splurging to buy it was worth it for me.
I do feel it lives up to its claim of deep cleaning my face.
I do feel that my skin is smoother and healthier looking.
I feel like I have no traces of makeup left after I use it.
I like the size of my Mia, I like the color, and I like that it's waterproof.
I would definitely recommend this product.

I know I was hesitant to buy it because of the cost and my worry about it irritating my skin, but I honestly feel like, at least for me, it's a good investment for my skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/2/2010 1:16:00 AM More reviews by missphilippine

I bought the mia a few months ago and i really like it. I have sensitive acne-prone skin, so i was a little bit weary about this product before. But during a facial, the esthetician used a clarisonic on my face and it was so gentle i could barely even feel it.
I only use this product maybe once every other day because anything irritating can aggravate acne. You shouldn't overstimulate your skin or else it will continue to break out. I consider this product to be good to remove dead skin and reduce the appearance of scars, but i'm not sure it does anything for acne.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/24/2009 4:17:00 PM More reviews by hoku

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Overall: 5

Price: 4 ($110 on Ebay)

Packaging/Design: 4

Buy again: yes

-------

I caved into the hype and bought the Clarisonic Mia on Ebay for about $110 US before shipping ($20) to Canada. It came with the Sensitive brush head and a 30 mL tube of the Gentle Hydro cleanser. I am in my 20s and have sensitive, combination skin that is prone to breakouts from new products and stress. I was suffering a lot of clogged pores when I'd finally decided to give this product a try. I have been using the Mia for only 3 days, but already it warrants a review; yes, it's THAT good!

I was worried that the brush head would be harsh; it's actually very gentle! If I compared the Mia to the Neutrogena Healthy Skin Rejuvenator, the Mia feels gentler, yet is more effective at deep cleansing, exfoliating, and making the skin feel incredibly smooth and soft. My forehead usually feels quite rough, and now it's like velvet. The bristles are not scratchy!

I use the Mia 1-2 times a day, depending on how I feel. I usually avoid using it in the morning, but I always use it at night to help remove my makeup (Mineral). I'm not using the included cleanser, just because I like my current cleansers. I use the Mia with either Laneige Foaming Cleanser (makeup remover) or Spectro Jel. Either one works fine.

The Mia feels comfortable in my hand, and it's not heavy. It's quite beautiful in design too; it doesn't look cheap. I like the fact that it's a completely sealed unit, so it's really waterproof. And the bristles on the brush are not scratchy at all, never irritated my skin, and even come with a protective cover.

The button is set for 1 minute, so I usually use it twice, to get 2 minutes of facial massaging goodness. My skin feels so smooth and clean after I use it at night, I am really impressed. My pores look smaller on my cheeks, nose, and forehead, and I haven't been breaking out.

I really recommend the Mia-- I know it's expensive, but it's so worth it. I've never gotten my skin as smooth as it is right now by using the usual drugstore products. Scrubs and the other imitation microdermabrasion-wand type products don't do the same thing. It really deep cleans, and makes your skin glow and feel fantastic. Moisturizers absorb so well after using the Mia, and makeup sits a lot better too.

I think the charger is ingenious! I don't travel much, but for those of you who do, the voltage is 110-240 V, so it's great because you can use it world-wide, no matter where you are. And the charger magnetically clips onto the Mia, eliminating any exposed plugs.

I'm a little sad that replacement brushes are $25 each, but I can replace them once every 4 months, so that isn't a huge deal (If I used the Neutrogena HSR pads, those are $30 for 48, so this is a better deal). The Mia can be found cheaper on Ebay than in Sephora, so check it out!

7 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/22/2009 4:32:00 PM More reviews by Kdoll222

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I accidently wrote a review for the pro brush but I have the mia. I lovethe small brush because of its portability, and it fits my small face. I LOVE the way it clean s your face by removing everyyything you dont want there. I think I would not be able to wear regular makeup without this, because I breakout easily and when usuing the brush that frequency is reduced by the proper removal of makeup.Also it stimulated cellular turnoover and even at a younger age, its a good thing so I can keep my skin young. I know its a big investment but its sooo worth it. If you tink, about it, the skin you have now is the skin you will have forever take care of it, and this is one way to do so.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/22/2009 10:48:00 AM More reviews by gabiinchicago

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

Beware if you have sensitive skin: 2x per day will strip your skin!!! I have the delicate brush and use lotion (yes, lotion) to cleanse my face because even though I'm acne-prone, my skin gets oily-dry here in Chicago in the winter...hard to explain, but if it gets too dry, I break out even more. Anyway, after using it 2x/day for about a week, my skin is completely stripped: red, chaffing, almost raw.

I will put it aside until my skin recovers and I'll use it once a day afterward. Like most others, I believe the Clarisonic Mia is a good tool to own, even if you use it less than recommended.

UPDATE: Tried going back to this, but it caused blemishes every time. I'm back to my braun.

4 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 12/19/2009 5:58:00 PM More reviews by Courtney77

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This thing is amazing, probably the best product I've ever purchased for my skin!
UPDATE: Initially my skin was very happy, smooth and clear, but after using the MIA for about a month my skin started to become irritated and angry. I ended up with horrible dermatitis...so needless to say I regret purchasing the clarisonic, and now it just sits up in my closet.

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/10/2009 9:49:00 AM More reviews by rp1017

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Clarisonic's Mia is an excellent item to own if you want better skin. My face is normally in great shape so Clarisonic is more of a luxury item rather than a necessity for me, but a wonderful item to own nonetheless ...... scrubs leave my face smooth but the Clarisonic goes more deeper and with less irritation and aids in making my skin look even better ...... I recommend the Mia especially if you can score a deal.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/7/2009 9:02:00 PM More reviews by bluemeanie

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Other, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I'd been thinking about buying a Clarisonic for about a year -- since last year's Sephora F&F as a matter of fact. So this year, I took the plunge and bought the Mia during Sephora F&F -- the smaller size, lighter weight, no charger base = no counter clutter, and of course the cheaper price all appealed to me.

My skin sometimes acts sensitive, so I have only used the sensitive (white) brush. I might use the normal (gray) brush after a while on my face, but I'm more likely to use it on rough skin on my body. I use it 1-2x per *week* only. I do OCM for cleansing and I'm pleased with that. I wanted Mia for a combo cleaning/exfoliating treatment. It works great for that. The sensitive brush seems to work well for my skin. I actually run it through 2 1-minute cycles because it feels so good and doesn't irritate my skin. The Classic model beeps to let you know when to switch to the next cleaning zone, and it has 2 speeds -- the Mia does not beep and has only 1 speed. I don't miss the beeps or a second speed (I know, how can you miss what you never had to begin with, right?) Knowing me, I would ignore the zone-change beeps, and I would probably only use one speed anyway. For now, I am even using the Clarisonic Hydro Gel cleanser (or whatever it's called) sample that came free with my purchase. (Note: some people have posted that this cleanser didnt' work for them, broke them out, etc. No adverse affects for me yet; IMO, it's worth trying at least once if you get it for free.) After the first treatment, my skin was so smooth, soft and -- have to say it -- glowing! I was so pleasantly surprised. Now that I've dipped myself into the world of Clarisonic, I would not hesitate to buy another Mia.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/7/2009 2:49:00 PM More reviews by nicky715

The Clarisonic is amaazing! it cleanses everything soooo well
it gets everything offf! plus i noticed smaller pores, n after one week my acne is starting to diminish
veryyyyy recommended for oily skin