January 27, 2015 | 2068 users online

Liquid - NARS - Sheer Glow Foundation

rated 5 of 5 on 9/26/2010 8:35:00 AM More reviews by xxsamarxx

after a long time of deliberating whether or not to get this foundation due to the £30 price tag, i gave in fortunetly :)
I bought mine online in the colour Syacuse, (im nc42-ish) and it ended up to be a good match, but i think i might have to get a lighter colour in Winter. It took time to get used to this foundation but when u do, you will realise what an awesome foundation it actually is. It feels light and i sometimes forget im wearing it Its looks... FLAWLESS! Well as flawless as can be on my skin, consdering the fact I have lots of acne scars :/
I use the mac brush 109 to buff this foundation on for a seamless effect slight under my jawline. The unique thing about this foundation is that it looks soft, soft enough to touch. And it stays on pretty well too, but i'd still recommend using a primer.
Ahh but its not all good... the packaging sucks! I was using this for my senior photograph and due to fact it hasn't got a pump, i somehow managed to get this on my white shirt! and even on my tie!! And I had to wear that for my group photo!!! I was well annoyed >:(
On the Nars website the pump costs £5, so it would cost around £35 for this foundation which is mad in my opinion! But I'm not gonna lie, is pretty awesome and i would definetly re-purchause such a luxurious foundation like this one.
Ah my poor mac studio tech's have been left in my makeup stash feeling lonley :( hehe x

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/26/2010 12:39:00 AM More reviews by jse23

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have been wearing this foundation for about 5 months, and it is a remarkable foundation. I have fair, oily t-zone skin, and I am always looking for a foundation that not only matches my skintone but also does not make me greasy. This does both- the coverage is excellent, medium-buildable, and this does impart a nice glow to the skin, not leaving it too dull and matte. Mont Blanc is the PERFECT shade for my skin, I don't think I have ever had a better color match. I apply this by pouring some out onto the top of my hand and apply with a skunk brush (great finish this way). I use primer underneath and set with powder, and I do touch up with powder two or so times a day, but its worth it. I think I might try a different primer to help control oil better, but overall, and excellent foundation. Although it is expensive I will continue to buy this great product!

rated 3 of 5 on 9/25/2010 2:49:00 AM More reviews by yangdly

I think this product is.. eh... so so. It doesn't do that much for me. I admit that it is very lightweight and sheer, which I love. But perhaps my expectations were a little bit too high after reading all the raving reviews for this foundation. I didn't find it to give my skin any sort of "glow". I didn't find it to be that moisturizing. It doesn't seem to blend in that well either on my face, and I've tried using both my fingers as well as a foundation brush to blend. I actually tried using 2 different types of foundation brushes! I just could never really get an even coverage; it seems to streak. For now, I will be sticking with my Fresh foundation.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/23/2010 9:49:00 AM More reviews by arifiorella

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This foundation is no big deal to me...its just average. its way to expensive to be average. it doesnt reall give me a glow like it promises. it doesnt blend well and the finish can become splotchy. i dont love it, it just doesnt work for my skin for some reason. other nars products are awesome, but this didnt do much for me! :( o well...

rated 5 of 5 on 9/21/2010 9:22:00 AM More reviews by Renaissance412

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Green

Love this foundation, I've been using it for 9 months now. After deciding I needed more coverage than the Sheer Cover mineral foundation I had been using, I tried and wasted money on a BUNCH of foundations including MAC STudio Fix which broke my skin out and left my skin with patchy dry spots. NARS sheer glow is the first product to give me GREAT coverage and not break me out. It gives me an airbrushed look and covers up my imperfections perfectly. Leaves me looking dewy and fresh. I haven't worn it with a powder yet, so I do tend to get oily after a few hours; I'm going to buy a powder soon. I actually have been using the same bottle for 9 months and still have 1/3 left, so the price is not a big deal if I only have to buy once or twice a year. I apply with my fingers and only need to use a couple dabs... LOVE THIS FOUNDATION! Great investment into being fabulous...

rated 2 of 5 on 9/20/2010 10:11:00 PM More reviews by Taylorraesmith

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Nars Sheer Glow is an odd product to me in that I don't really love it, but I use it everyday. It does not break me out as far as I can tell. Touch ups are a MUST with this product and if you have oily skin or live in a hot area.. forget it. This will be gone in less than an hour. I think I just really like the initial application of it. For the price, to me, this is not worth it. Im going to be purchasing the MAC pro long wear foundation and hopefully will like it.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/20/2010 3:42:00 PM More reviews by ckirby

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This foundation is wonderful. I use a Sephora Platinum #55 Airbrush foundation brush and it gives a medium coverage that doesn't look or feel heavy at all. You only need a tiny bit and it blends like a dream. I would say that it leaves a semi-matte finish because it's not completely dewy but it's not flat and powdery looking either. I do have oily skin so my face tends to get shiny after about 4-5 hours but that is to be expected and using a primer usually helps. I have a few blemishes and some acne scarring and I find that this foundation covers that very well. Nars Sheer Glow is an amazing buy and totally worth the money in my opinion :)

rated 5 of 5 on 9/18/2010 8:55:00 AM More reviews by Ritagal09

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I gave it some time before rating this. I've been wearing this a few days of the week since I've purchased it. It's a great foundation for me. I do not find it heavy, and it does not make me look oily as a lot of foundations tend to do after a few hours. It last a pretty long time; it didn't feel like a mask, my skin can 'breathe' and it gave me a nice finish. I do not like that it did not come with a pump. I have yet to purchase one. Other than that, will repurchase when I run out. Great foundation!

rated 2 of 5 on 9/17/2010 10:55:00 PM More reviews by ballmam2000

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I tried to love this foundation, gave it several chances, but it went back to Sephora. I'm NW20 so it was hard to match for us pink toned girls. Deauville was a bit light and too yellow. It would go on nicely but within a few hours it would cling to my dry spots. The coverage was good but it seemed to separate on my combo skin, sitting in my pores. I tried with my hands, damp sponge and a 188. Also, no pump??

rated 5 of 5 on 9/17/2010 6:57:00 PM More reviews by minburke

This is the best foundation. I apply it with a 188 for light coverage, my fingers for medium and a foundation brush for heavy coverage and it's perfect every time. I'm a NW20 and wear the colour 'Fiji'. It's a bit pricey in Australia but teamed with the NARS 'Orgasm' illuminator it is definitely the best foundation I have had in a while. Also a plus it comes with or without SPF so great for anyone like me with allergies to titanium dioxide.