NARS Sheer Glow Foundation

3.7

Cyclopentasiloxane, Butylene Glycol, Glycerin, Polymethylsilsesquioxane, Dimethicone, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Triethylhexanoin, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Bis-butyldimethicone Hectorite, Sodium Glutamate, Sorbitan Sesquiisostearate, 1-Methyl-Hydantoin-2-imide, Phenoxyethanol, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Polysilicone-2, Serralysin, Curcuma Longa (Turmeric) Root Extract, Glucosyl Hesperidin, Ascorbyl Glucoside, Tocopherol, [may contain: titanium dioxide, iron oxides, iron oxides]

I have abit of a love/hate relationship with this foundation. I do really like it - I think it is one of those foundations that makes you look like you aren't wearing makeup (in a good way) but the packaging really annoys me. Firstly no pump, for the price of the foundation couldn't they at least include a pump? Also, like alot of other NARS products the screw lid gets really grubby and dirty (it seems to attract dirt) and I'm pretty neat with my makeup.

I was matched with Siberia - the lightest shade. I think it's going to last along time as you don't need very much when applying - I'll see how I feel when I finish the bottle the price puts me off repurchasing alittle. I seem to switch between this foundation and Revlon Photo Ready.

on 12/15/2010 10:33:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Wish it had a pump.
It worked well for me before, but soon it got greasy even before I wore it for a few hrs.
As soon as I put it on it got greasy so I have to blot with a tissue before putting on powder haha..
Then it eventually gets greasy after a few hours..
Not my personal HG foundation.
Again it's buildable and looks good after blotting and it doesn't dry out my skin at all..
I would buy it again, but again, not my HG foundation

on 12/14/2010 10:19:00 PM

I have been avoiding buying this product for months, mainly due to the price ($42). I finally broke down and purchased it as a birthday gift to myself and I am so glad I did! This product is amazing. It blends like a dream and covers ALL of my imperfections, ie: acne scarring, freckles, broken capillaries. Another great thing about it is that you can build it up. I can have light coverage by applying with my clean fingers or full coverage by using a brush. It never feels heavy or looks cakey. For reference I'm a NC42 in MAC (hate it-broke me out horribly) and I'm 'Stromboli' Medium 3 in the Nars Sheer Glow. I am also an oily t-zone kinda gal and this never makes me look like shiny. It gives that 'glow' that 'oily' girls look for but rarely ever achieve w/o looking greasy. It makes me look like myself, but with perfect skin! And for that I love this product. It is a little pricey but it's HG material for me and I will continue to buy it as long as they make it. But for heavens sake NARS, PLEASE PROVIDE A PUMP!

on 12/14/2010 8:10:00 AM

Two words...HATE IT!!!

I cannot believe after all the reviews ive heard about the hype of this product that this foundation was a huge failure on me! Ive given this foundation a lot of tries with so many ways and brushes for application but still i runs down my face after 20mins of application. It makes me look greasy n enhances ma spots even more. Ive used a typical foundation brush, stippling brush (about 4 kinds), wet sponge, makeup sponge...you name it ive tried it, but yet it jus doesnt work for me. I am so dissapointed as i had such high hopre for it :(

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

This is the HG FOUNDATION for any gals looking for that soft and "glowy" finish with amazing coverage. I have an oily t-zone and sometimes I don't even use a primer or a powder and I won't have to worry if the foundation will fade or make me look like a greaseball. Never broke me out so that's a plus for me, especially having the tendency to breakout if I try anything new. Only con to this foundation is the packaging. NARS, please take note and make a pump with it rather than make us buy it separately!!!! Other than that, it's perfect.

on 12/13/2010 2:58:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I purchased this after reading it had no SPF in it. I wanted this foundation for night time - and for photos - but I don't think it lived up to the hype. Two or three hours after applying the foundation, my face was quite oily. As the day progressed, my face only got oilier. Another downside: the foundation doesn't come with a pump. I will definitely be sticking to my Estee Lauder Double Wear foundation!

on 12/10/2010 11:52:00 PM

I like this foundation largely because it is the first i have found to be pale enough for me (siberia). The name is misleading because it doesn't leave your skin glowing but rather leaves a slight sheen. The coverage is meduim but buildable. The worst thing about this product is the packaging, mainly the fact that it does not have a pump which makes it hard to judge the amount you need and some does go to waste. The glass bottle is also not the most practical. I think next time i will try Sheer Matte but thats solely down to personal preference. This is a good foundation but try and get a sample first because its so expensive!

on 12/10/2010 9:00:00 PM

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

No way can this work for my oily skin. I heard stories about it working for people w/ oily/combo skin but no such luck for me. I tried this foundation out on a rainy day and I was so oily within an hour, imagine if the sun was out! It would've been worse. So I traded it in for sheer matte. We'll see how that goes. This foundation being $42 dollars, it should come with a pump!!!!

on 12/10/2010 3:40:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I'm MAC NC35 and my color for this product is Stromboli. I never really dabbled with liquid foundation before because I was scared it'd be too thick and troublesome but really this product is amazing. It's very light on the skin and gives a good amount of coverage. My skin still shows through so it looks good and natural, not cakey at all. With that said, it does not cover all flaws, so if you have very bad acne or any other major problems, this probably wouldn't work for you. I have super oily skin and I was scared that this foundation would worsen the oiliness but it didn't! (But maybe it's because of the primer I used underneath...?) It gives a nice natural glow to the face, not matte or shinny, just a nice satin type of finish. Only downside is the $42 price and you have to buy the pump separate which is another $6.

on 12/10/2010 3:11:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I love this product it has a nice range of shades, the one that I have matches my skin tone perfectly. I do not break out from this product and it feels very light on my skin, but it also gives me enough coverage. The only thing I can find cons about this product is the packaging. I wish it came with a pump, the counter where I buy this does not sell a pump either. I apply four dots on my face and I use either a sponge wedge or a duo fiber brush to even it out, sometimes I use my fingers
(clean) which works fine as well. Also, it retails for 55.00 plus tax and lasts about three months (I wear it almost every day)

Video Reviews & Tutorials