September 21, 2014 | 1896 users online

Moisturizers - Philosophy - Hope in a Jar - for all skin types

rated 4 of 5 on 3/26/2008 8:55:00 PM More reviews by escalades

I can't believe how I ever got along without this moisturizer. It's effects on my skin are absolutely astonishing. It's delicate in texture, absorbs nicely without leaving any sticky or thick residue. It's moisturizing enough to use in the winter but light enough in weight to use during the summer. Sure, the smell may get to some users at the very beginning but shortly after application, I don't even notice it anymore. My primer and makeup go on much more smoothly and the texture of my skin has much improved. The disadvantages of this product is the cost and the fact you dip your fingers into the jar. However, once I run out, I will be repurchasing.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/25/2008 2:20:00 AM More reviews by auburnlady

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

The best thing I can say about this product is that it smells OK and didn't make me break out. It "did the job", but I don't love using it. I received it as a gift, but won't ever buy it, as I don't think it's worth the $.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/24/2008 9:23:00 PM More reviews by nikkipatel

Not too sure about this one. Does leave my face looking bright and radiant and I think it does peel away some dry skin of the face. Hasn't made me break out or anything, but I don't think its that moisturizing for winter. Also, when I wear powder over top I can see a few dry patches...Probably will repurchase again because of all the hype, but I think Nivea soft moisturizer gives the same results!!!!

rated 3 of 5 on 3/23/2008 11:19:00 PM More reviews by cynwilson5

Hope left my skin feeling very dewy and well moisturized, sadly I quickly developed a terrible allergy to it. It makes small little red bumps break out around my eyes which then swell up into massive blisters. I have no idea what the culprit ingredient is, but if you already have allergies steer clear.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/23/2008 8:16:00 PM More reviews by ohBetty

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I bought this as a set with Purity Made Simple. Hope felt nice and smooth on the skin, but did not last all day (winter). By afternoon my face was dry and I had to reapply. Don't put it under your eyes, the stearic acid/benzyl alcohol will enhance fine lines. Overall, it wasn't worth the money, so it's back to my good ol' Olay!

ingredients:
Water, Lauryl Lactate, Behenic Acid, Behenoxy Dimethicone, Glyceryl Stearate Se, Glycerin, Behenyl Alcohol, Cyclomethicone, Pentaerythrityl Tetracaprylate / Tetracaprate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Benzyl Alcohol, Retinyl Palmitate, Stearic Acid, Panthenol, Betaglucan, Lavandula Angustifolia (Lavender) Oil, Xanthan Gum, Triethanolamine, Propylene Glycol, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Diazolidinyl Urea.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/22/2008 9:16:00 PM More reviews by pandadoll77

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

****** Changed my mind again. Summer came and my face began breaking out. It still didn't help with soothing and minimizing my fine lines around my eyes. Therefore, dropped my rating to a 2.

I bought this a year ago after hearing Oprah rave about it. I hated it and this was three years ago for some reason. At that time I thought it was too cheap to be the better creams out on the market. Since then I went thru Kinerase, then LeMer lotion, and then to LeMer Cream. One day several weeks ago I ran out of moisturizers so I was forced to use the year-old Hope in a Jar. I woke up surprised how calm, moisturized and bright my skin looked and felt. Still 3 weeks later I am very happy.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/22/2008 2:38:00 AM More reviews by krnsnowflake

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I'm at a loss with this product. On one hand, my skin looks FABULOUS when I use it. On the other hand, the vapors will sometimes irritate my eyes which is quite unpleasant. There definitely is some kind of smell though it doesn't really bother me that much; it DOES, however, bother my boyfriend. I would give this a 3.5 if I could but I can't. I do love the results so I'd probably repurchase but I'm sure the boyfriend won't be too happy about that.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/21/2008 7:04:00 PM More reviews by jamiebg76

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I love this product and have been using it for about 3 years. My skin is in really good condition, clear, smooth and toned. I get regular compliments on my complexion too. I definitely recommend it.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/20/2008 2:23:00 PM More reviews by monkeybird

Love this product, except for the feel as you put it on, it doesn't glide well. Wish it came in a pump. Nice amount of moisture on my combo skin, maybe not quite enough for cold winter days.

I accidentally bought the "dry and sensitive skin" version later. Hate that to pieces, WAY too greasy. They are NOT at all similar.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/19/2008 3:38:00 PM More reviews by tideturns

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

no thank you! i have sensitive but acne-prone skin... this felt like i was putting vaseline on my face.... it smelled like mentol which doesnt bother me but the fact that i looked like an oil slick an hour after i had put it on... was not a good thing. not good for anyone with acne-prone skin... or oily tendencies. plus, who wants a jar for moisturizer? thats bacteria haven waiting to happen.