September 17, 2014 | 1937 users online

Mascara - Maybelline - Lash Stiletto

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/20/2009 5:56:00 PM More reviews by astrid101359

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is a good mascara for lengthening the lashes but does not thicken. I have naturally long lashes and this is a good enhancer for them; I will say that it takes about 3-4 coats to see any results at all. I will use it up but will not repurchase; not because it is a bad mascara but because there are other even cheaper ones that do the trick in less coats.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 6/19/2009 7:27:00 PM More reviews by Lexx13

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

I absolutely *loathe* this mascara.
Yes, it lengthens, but not any more than Maybelline XXL, or L'oreal telescopic(->which I highly recommend over this!).
The main reason I hate this, is the spike factor. I'm sorry, but I don't find spiky pin thin lashes attractive at all, no matter how long they look.
To get any amount of volume, you definitely need to use more than 3 coats, which then leads to clumping.
Now here's the kicker: I wore this yesterday, and 3 hours after I had applied it there were flakes all under my eyes.
I cleaned it up, and 1/2 hour later there were more. Awful formula. Smells kinda funny like colossal.
If you only want length, and no volume whatsoever, then get this mascara.
Otherwise, don't waste the money.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/18/2009 10:19:00 PM More reviews by SSR

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This mascara does more in the lengthening department than the thickening. If you want long lashes this is it. If you want length and volume try a volumizing mascara. This delivers the length as promised. I would buy this again for days when I want more length than volume. If you are wondering if I use more that one mascara the answer is yes. There are too many good ones out there so I must.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/18/2009 7:40:00 PM More reviews by BlackBirdFly

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

I like this mascara a lot but I definitely wouldn't use it all by itself. It doesn't thicken my lashes at all and by itself it looks very odd on my lashes. However, it definitely makes my lashes look longer so I use one coat of CoverGirl's Lash Blast to make my lashes thicker and able to hold a curl better then I use one coat of Lash Stiletto just on the ends on the outter part of my eye to make my lashes have that sort of winged effect. I absolutely love the look it gives when used that way. Since I only use it that little bit it should last me quite a long time and I won't mind repurchasing when I eventually run out. Not too great on it's own (which is why I gave it only a 3) but paired with a good thickening mascara it is amazing.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/18/2009 6:25:00 PM More reviews by CrystalxShip

First of all. I don't like how the tube fits in my hand, the wand is flimsy and entirely too long.

I have pretty long lashes,but theyre thin and sparse,its really weird,so of course when I was purchasing this product I thought that it would give me full thick long lashes.

I was 100% wrong.

Lash Stiletto is over priced for the awful job it does. I've bought mascaras for half the price that have worked better.

It gives the tarantula look which no one wants and it doesn't do much lengthening, but I can live without that. I don't know how it looks on people with shorter lashes.

As for giving fullness, it makes my eyelashes look even more sparse.

And as mentioned before it has a weird smell to it. No one wants their make up to stink.

I am usually a loyal Cover Girl consumer, and I will definietly continue to be after my bad experience with Maybelline.

I don't get all the hype for this mascara, it does nothing that it says it would. I wouldnt recommend it.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/18/2009 2:06:00 PM More reviews by kaye86

Maybelline Lash Stiletto is a good mascara because it doesnt leave your lashes looking clumpy. My lashes arent long so it only really stands out when I have on eyeshadow. I would say if you have long eyelashes and want them to look fab use this product.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/17/2009 2:57:00 PM More reviews by cxr057

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I was disappointed. I was expecting to have long thick lashes but was left with a mess! Product was very messy(maybe the wrong brush) and took a long time to dry. Not pleased.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/17/2009 2:34:00 PM More reviews by MacMacke

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This is a good go-to mascara, but not my fav. I don't think it leaves the lashes shiny like patent-leather (as they advertise), but I do think it does a fairly good job at lengthening the lashes. One thing I do notice is that it gives a "spidery" look to your lashes, and so in order for me to avoid that, I have to brush through my lashes (with a dry applicator) quickly before it dries. There is also a funky smell, nothing terrible, but it's noticable. Honestly, I haven't yet decided if I'll repurchase or not.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/16/2009 11:44:00 PM More reviews by xMissMurderx

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Theres really nothing special about this mascara for me. Its just a basic mascara nothing really amazing. I bought it because it has some kind of special where you got a liquid eyeliner along with it for free. I couldnt wear this alone it wouldnt do the trick for me as I really like to build my lashes up with mascara. I normally use three different mascaras at once I know it sounds crazy but it really does wonders for me. My lashes are long and all but they are blonde so I have to really keep piling it on to make it look a bit dramatic. I gave it three out of five, its not bad but not really that great either.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/16/2009 8:29:00 PM More reviews by jaimelyn80

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

So, I've been a loyal Clinique user for years...I went to Dillard's the other day and they were sold out of my favorite mascara (Long Pretty Lashes) and I was told that there are rumors of it being discontinued. I ended up buying High Impact instead and that was a HUGE mistake...it's the most disgusting mascara I've ever used. I didn't want to buy another $15.00-$20.00 mascara and end up disappointed again, so I went to Target and decided to give this a try. I do see that Lash Stiletto has gotten some negative reviews, but I absolutely LOVE it!!! I think the bad reviews are coming from the fact that it absolutely does not thicken at all, but that's why I love it. It does what it says...LENGTHENS, not thickens. I have naturally long and full lashes, so a thickening formula makes my lashes look like tarantulas. This keeps them long and flowy, sort of like my Long Pretty Lashes did, but a little more exaggerated on the lengthening part.

I removed one lippie because even though it does make my lashes super long and a tube of it lasts forever, it makes them tangle like crazy and if not applied with EXTREME caution it makes those little crispies on the ends of my lashes. I prefer more of a no-mascara look, but darker and a little more defined. I may use it when I go out, but for daily use, I will stick to Clinique Naturally Glossy (since it was confirmed by my favorite Clinique girl that Long Pretty Lashes is being discontinued).

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No