Maybelline Lash Stiletto

3.2

Water (Aqua), Paraffin, Potassium Cetyl Phosphate, Cera Alba (Beeswax), Cera Carnauba (Carnauba Wax), Acacia Senegal, Gum, Acrylates Copolymer, Glycerin, Cetyl Alcohol, Hydroxyethylcellulose, PEG/PPG 17/18 Dimethicone, Steareth 20, Phenethyl Alcohol, Phenoxyethanol, Hydrolyzed Corn Starch, Sodium Polymethacrylate, Hydrogenated Jojoba Oil, Hydrogenated Palm Oil, Simethicone, Rayon, Disodium EDTA, Silica, Panthenol, Hydrolyzed Silk, May Contain ( /-): CI 77499, CI 77491, CI 77492 (Iron Oxides), CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), Mica, CI 75470 (Carmine), CI 77288 (Chromium Oxide Greens), CI 77289 (Chromium Hydroxide Green), Titanium Dioxide, CI 77742 (Manganese Violet), CI 77007 (Ultramarines), CI 77510 (Ferric Ferrocyanide).

on 6/26/2009 10:38:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

Price: $6.99
Pros: Fairly cheap, makes my lashes super long, separates
Cons: FLAKES, Brush is wayy too long so it's hard to get to all the lashes without accidentally getting some on your face
WILL NOT buy again

on 6/26/2009 5:39:00 PM

This lengthens and is very buildable. I usually use this a regular, every day mascara and I can either swipe on one coat or build it up for a more drama. I prefer to use LashBlast at night because it's more dramatic, but this is a good alternative in super cute packaging.

on 6/26/2009 5:31:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

I agree with the users who said this mascara smells weird...but it doesn't bother me and goes away once the product dries. I like how glossy the application turns out. Very black and gives me some decent length. I also like it because its more of a wet mascara...however the draw back to that is it takes a little while to dry. All in all, I love this product and would repurchase.

on 6/26/2009 5:17:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm

This mascara has a FUNKY smell. This is the first time I have experienced a mascara with a smell. It does a great job at lengthening my lashes but it does not give me any volume or holds a curl at all.

on 6/25/2009 10:56:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

Ehh. Maybe I'm just spoiled by NYX Doll Eye Long Lash but this mascara really did nothing for me. I didn't notice ANY volume, the very slightest bit of length and hard brittle lashes. I returned it immediately and will not repurchase.

on 6/25/2009 10:42:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is supposed to be the replacement for Unstoppable according to their website. I think the only thing they changed was the packaging and the brush. I liked Unstoppable for a d/s mascara. I think Unstoppable curled my lashes a bit more than this one. I get good wear 9even in 90 degree weather), easy removal, a natural lengthening effect, very little volume (but it doesn't promise volume on the packaging). You are one brush stroke away from the spider look, so don't glop it on. Why 4 lippies? I don't know where they get "patent leather look" because I don't see the glossiness - even in the very black formula, and like Unstoppable, this provides a natural look more than a dramatic look like the advertising suggests. I would repurchase especially if on sale.

on 6/24/2009 8:40:00 PM

Well,after reading all the bad reviews on here,I just HAD to try this mascara and you know what?I LOVE it!!!It gave me nice clean looking lashes:)Not clumpy,or stuck together.I reach up and touch my lashes after putting this mascara on and they felt wonderful!!This stuff did not flake,smudge and did not weigh my lashes down.I was pleasantly surprised:)And I will buy this product again.Just goes to show you cant believe everything you read.All I can say is..you should try it for yourself,as everybodys lashes are different.Good luck!

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I love this mascara. I can understand why so many people dislike it though. I personally, have very thick lashes naturally, but they're short and straight. This mascara was amazing to me. I've bought so many tubes of mascara from Sephora of all these different brands, but in the end, I use mascara so quickly that I'm not going to spend upwards of $20 every time I need a new one. For a really awesome look, I usually layer this onto the tips of my eyelashes after putting on Colossal Volume mascara. It doesn't look spidery, clumpy or gross. Just dramatic lashes.

on 6/23/2009 10:27:00 AM

I feel kind of bad because I cheated on MAC PLUSHLASH. I saw a picture on MUA's front page of a user wearing Lash Stiletto and it looked awesome.

I'm seriously addicted to Plushlash but it has it's own 'LOOK' of big thick babydoll fringe. Stiletto is in another category.

I got one at Walgreens with a BOGO so it was free with another mascara.. that's a good price. lol

I like the brush quite a bit. It's good for getting into the tiny lashes for definition. I used it alone with no primer and it was just ok on me. I need a little more volume. However.. I think I'd use this to do the tips of my lashes when I use Plushlash.

I will say that I never looked spidery or clumpy with Lash Stiletto. The formula did not flake off (I'm talking to you, CHANEL). So I'll give it a thumbs up.

I did not have any contact irritation and it came off easily with my Mac wipes.

I'd like to try this one with Prep and Prime lash primer or over a fiber base just to see if I can get some volume.

I*'m not going to give it a bad rating because it's not the perfect fit for me. I think it's worth a try especially if you can get a BOGO!

on 6/22/2009 3:09:00 PM

Usually, I wouldn't buy Maybelline mascaras, but I got this in a swap. It is amazing. It lengthens my lashes incredibly without looking thick or clumpy. Just a couple coats will make your lashes look naturally long and beautiful. Love!!

Video Reviews & Tutorials