November 27, 2014 | 1201 users online

Hair Treatments - Biosilk - Silk Therapy

rated 5 of 5 on 3/13/2006 11:34:00 PM More reviews by sjm15

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I can't remember the first time I used this product, but I know it's been years. My hairstylist introduced me - and I will never go back. The first time she used it, she applied it as a finishing serum - the most recent time I had my hair highlighted/cut, she used it *before* blow drying, whilst damp (obviously, hehe). Either way, I love it. I really enjoy the smell - it might seem weird, because it's not sweet-smelling or anything of the sort, it's just nice. I like the way it makes my hair feel after i blow dry or flat iron it. It makes me feel a teeny bit less bad for heat styling so often! :) I would (and have) definitely repurchase, if just to use a small amount for the smell! I also like to rub the remainder into my hands (hey, it says to do it on the bottle!) even though it's greasy - feels very nice afterwards.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/12/2006 12:15:00 AM More reviews by beachgirl562

I have used this stuff off and on for over 5 years. I think I have had the same 8 oz. bottle the whole time too ! Although it's not dirt cheap a little does go a LOOOONG way ! Love the smell. It does help tame my frizzy curly hair and I love to use it right before I use the flatening iron. In the summer I use it most, as the sun/beach and chlorine seem to really do a number on my hair. Be careful though, it can make your hair super greasy if you use it too close to your roots and use to much. You really need to rub it all over your hands first. I do get slightly annoyed with the greasy film it leaves on my hands afterwards, but the plus is that it smells really good. Overall, a great product to keep on hand in your bathroom.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/11/2006 4:44:00 PM More reviews by Lgrieco

Great smell, great results....but expensive. I get similar results from Pantene's $3.99 serum. I'll enjoy using this product but I don't think I'll repurchase due to the price. A little goes a long way so I'll have this for quite some time.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/10/2006 1:43:00 PM More reviews by toosexy1

Age: Unknown Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

im african american with 4a/4b hair. i washed my hair, applied conditioner and leave in then applied the biosilk serum. it felt like alcohol like i could feel it evaporating. it made my hair super soft and it was relaly hard for me to braid it. i woke up the next day to flat iron my hair and my hair felt very dry. i flat ironed my hair but my ends were very frizzy. it smells nice though. if they removed the alcohol, it would greatly improve the product

rated 5 of 5 on 3/6/2006 9:58:00 AM More reviews by MACattack89

Frizz control AND shine... amazing, truly. I use it tout le temps.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/5/2006 10:36:00 PM More reviews by luckyred8

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I love this product! I've been using it for about 3 years now and it works great on my thick, curly hair. It really controls the frizz and leaves my hair feeling very soft, not heavy and sticky.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/5/2006 2:26:00 PM More reviews by doggies

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I really love this for straightening because it weighs it down (i have very thick curly hair), makes it shiny, and leaves it unbelievably soft. The smell is nice but a bit overpowering.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/26/2006 7:05:00 PM More reviews by BeautifulFairy

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I just love this product! It keeps the frizz away and gives it a nice gloss and feels great! However the top of the bottle does get sticky and crusty if it is not cleaned off.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/24/2006 10:37:00 AM More reviews by Tamra614

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I like this product. I don't use it everyday but i do use it most of the time, especially right after i shower or while i am blow drying my hair as it does seem to make it look healthier and a bit shinier. If i put it on at another time, it kind of makes my hair a bit flat, especially when i put too much. But overall, i like it, its a great product and i will continue to buy it and use it. They say you can put it on your legs for a smooth touch, i haven't tried that yet..i just don't think i'd want to. It feels a bit slimy to put on my legs.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/24/2006 5:44:00 AM More reviews by Tigris

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

I bought Silk Therapy set to repair split hair, repair damaged dyed hair and add shine.
For a $30 treatment I expected just that, but after 2-3 months use I have not noticed any difference and even after over-doing it my hair is still frizzy and sticks up. It feels soft, but doesn't look it. There are better treatments and hair is important so I think I'm going to troll the reviews a bit before purchasing again.
I see a lot of people who flat-iron their hair recommend this. I don't use a flat-iron and that might be why I won't recommend it.