Biosilk Silk Therapy

Cyclomethicone, Dimethicone, SD Alcohol 40-B, C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate, Ethyl Ester of Hydrolyzed Silk, Panthenol, Phenoxyethanol,Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Parfum (Fragrance). Hexyl Cinnamic Aldehyde, Benzyl Benzoate, Linalool, Gamma Methyl Ionone, Citronellol, Lilial, Hydroxy Citronellol, Geraniol, Eugenol

on 3/29/2006 8:50:00 PM

This has been the best shine product for my hair yet. I have used everything under the sun. I have straight thick hair and sometimes if you are not really really careful, thesse shine products just make you look as if you have dirty oily hair. Silk Therapy never gave me that problem at all. I just put it in while hair was wet and blow dried. It is wonderful! Shiney as can be and very soft too. I NEVER get my hair cut so it is completely damaged. This stuff is so good, it kind of hides it. And, did I mention, I LOVE the smell? I keep coming back to this product. I don't know why I even bother to try others because I always come back to Silk Therapy

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

it's good at what it's supposed to do. it defrizzes pretty well, and makes hair smooth. i've noticed it makes my highlights more shimmery.

on 3/25/2006 6:47:00 PM

It is the BEST for my long THICK asian hair (straight, colored, highlight). My hair is very dry and very thick. I have to have it layer every 3-4 weeks to keep the volume down. Without biosilk, I cannot have a good hair day the first day I wash my hair (I wash my hair every other day). Biosilk realy keep my hair under control and it seems to make it looks less dry and less volume. I try other stuff, like Graham Webb Vivid Color Reparative Shine and Frederic Fekkai Glossing Cream and I have to run back to biosilk. To achive the best result, I rub a little bit of it in my hand and run it through 80% air dry hair. (I rarely blow dry my hair, I find it is the best thing I have ever done to my hair). The container tends to leek when I travel. That is only my complain.

on 3/25/2006 1:50:00 PM

I really tried this product with an open mind, hoping I'd get fab results. Well, I did, initially. Until about 2 weeks later when I realized that it seems to completely suck the moisture out of my hair with all the alcohol it has in it, and it made my hair greasy. It's not a bad product if you wash your hair daily, but I don't recommend it. I have long wavy hair that's fine-textured and colored/highlighted, so this product just made it dry and brassy feeling, and I had a lot of build-up.

on 3/20/2006 11:09:00 PM

oh gosh where do i start...this stuff is magical i tell yah!! i usually use this before i straighten my hair~ it makes it superly soft and weightless!! it also gives my hair a slight natural glow to it and gives it a natural shine! lovely!! i love the smell too!! i would definetly repurchase, in fact i have 3 bottles in the closet just in case~

on 3/19/2006 4:03:00 AM

This is my favorite shine-enhancing product. It can go on hair that is either wet (to prevent frizzies before blow drying) or dry (to add shine and ease frizzies of hair in need of moisture). This product makes hair easier to brush, too. I've found that it particularily emphasizes hair styled with a curling iron, helping to create the look of light-catching dimension in addition to making each curl or wave feel silky-smooth. Also, I know that fragrance in any product might cause irritation and should be avoided if possible, but I love Silk Therapy's scent! It's a flirty, romantic floral that makes me imagine a summer's night in Paris with my dream guy (I know that sounds really cheesy, but its true). Whenever I style my hair with Silk Therapy and go out, someone asks me what perfume I'm wearing and where she can get it! Guys like it, too :-) The only problem with this product, which is easily avoided, is that it can look greasy when overapplied. If you do overapply, it can sometimes help to blowdry your hair a little longer than normal, but this only works if you used just a bit too much and you should be cautious in performing this technique to avoid heat-caused trauma.

on 3/16/2006 12:21:00 PM

I put silk therapy on damp wet hair before I blow dry it. I feel my hair is so soft and I love the smell. I tried a little yesterday since it was the first time using it since I'm afraid too greasy. I will put a little more next time to test the difference. I brought at costco almost $11.

on 3/15/2006 12:38:00 PM

This stuff is great for my parched highlighted/lowlighted bra-strap-length hair! Don't forget to shake it up, otherwise you'll just get the alcohol on top! (or whatever that stuff is)...drugstore.com had it on sale.

on 3/13/2006 11:34:00 PM

I can't remember the first time I used this product, but I know it's been years. My hairstylist introduced me - and I will never go back. The first time she used it, she applied it as a finishing serum - the most recent time I had my hair highlighted/cut, she used it *before* blow drying, whilst damp (obviously, hehe). Either way, I love it. I really enjoy the smell - it might seem weird, because it's not sweet-smelling or anything of the sort, it's just nice. I like the way it makes my hair feel after i blow dry or flat iron it. It makes me feel a teeny bit less bad for heat styling so often! :) I would (and have) definitely repurchase, if just to use a small amount for the smell! I also like to rub the remainder into my hands (hey, it says to do it on the bottle!) even though it's greasy - feels very nice afterwards.

on 3/12/2006 12:15:00 AM

I have used this stuff off and on for over 5 years. I think I have had the same 8 oz. bottle the whole time too ! Although it's not dirt cheap a little does go a LOOOONG way ! Love the smell. It does help tame my frizzy curly hair and I love to use it right before I use the flatening iron. In the summer I use it most, as the sun/beach and chlorine seem to really do a number on my hair. Be careful though, it can make your hair super greasy if you use it too close to your roots and use to much. You really need to rub it all over your hands first. I do get slightly annoyed with the greasy film it leaves on my hands afterwards, but the plus is that it smells really good. Overall, a great product to keep on hand in your bathroom.

Popular Hair Treatments