December 19, 2014 | 1582 users online

Hair Treatments - Biosilk - Silk Therapy

rated 1 of 5 on 3/25/2006 1:50:00 PM More reviews by Boogaloo305

I really tried this product with an open mind, hoping I'd get fab results. Well, I did, initially. Until about 2 weeks later when I realized that it seems to completely suck the moisture out of my hair with all the alcohol it has in it, and it made my hair greasy. It's not a bad product if you wash your hair daily, but I don't recommend it. I have long wavy hair that's fine-textured and colored/highlighted, so this product just made it dry and brassy feeling, and I had a lot of build-up.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/20/2006 11:09:00 PM More reviews by aznsh0rti3

oh gosh where do i start...this stuff is magical i tell yah!! i usually use this before i straighten my hair~ it makes it superly soft and weightless!! it also gives my hair a slight natural glow to it and gives it a natural shine! lovely!! i love the smell too!! i would definetly repurchase, in fact i have 3 bottles in the closet just in case~

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/19/2006 4:03:00 AM More reviews by Eing

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is my favorite shine-enhancing product. It can go on hair that is either wet (to prevent frizzies before blow drying) or dry (to add shine and ease frizzies of hair in need of moisture). This product makes hair easier to brush, too. I've found that it particularily emphasizes hair styled with a curling iron, helping to create the look of light-catching dimension in addition to making each curl or wave feel silky-smooth. Also, I know that fragrance in any product might cause irritation and should be avoided if possible, but I love Silk Therapy's scent! It's a flirty, romantic floral that makes me imagine a summer's night in Paris with my dream guy (I know that sounds really cheesy, but its true). Whenever I style my hair with Silk Therapy and go out, someone asks me what perfume I'm wearing and where she can get it! Guys like it, too :-) The only problem with this product, which is easily avoided, is that it can look greasy when overapplied. If you do overapply, it can sometimes help to blowdry your hair a little longer than normal, but this only works if you used just a bit too much and you should be cautious in performing this technique to avoid heat-caused trauma.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/16/2006 12:21:00 PM More reviews by jyeung

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I put silk therapy on damp wet hair before I blow dry it. I feel my hair is so soft and I love the smell. I tried a little yesterday since it was the first time using it since I'm afraid too greasy. I will put a little more next time to test the difference. I brought at costco almost $11.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/15/2006 12:38:00 PM More reviews by suzyqz

This stuff is great for my parched highlighted/lowlighted bra-strap-length hair! Don't forget to shake it up, otherwise you'll just get the alcohol on top! (or whatever that stuff is)...drugstore.com had it on sale.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/13/2006 11:34:00 PM More reviews by sjm15

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I can't remember the first time I used this product, but I know it's been years. My hairstylist introduced me - and I will never go back. The first time she used it, she applied it as a finishing serum - the most recent time I had my hair highlighted/cut, she used it *before* blow drying, whilst damp (obviously, hehe). Either way, I love it. I really enjoy the smell - it might seem weird, because it's not sweet-smelling or anything of the sort, it's just nice. I like the way it makes my hair feel after i blow dry or flat iron it. It makes me feel a teeny bit less bad for heat styling so often! :) I would (and have) definitely repurchase, if just to use a small amount for the smell! I also like to rub the remainder into my hands (hey, it says to do it on the bottle!) even though it's greasy - feels very nice afterwards.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/12/2006 12:15:00 AM More reviews by beachgirl562

I have used this stuff off and on for over 5 years. I think I have had the same 8 oz. bottle the whole time too ! Although it's not dirt cheap a little does go a LOOOONG way ! Love the smell. It does help tame my frizzy curly hair and I love to use it right before I use the flatening iron. In the summer I use it most, as the sun/beach and chlorine seem to really do a number on my hair. Be careful though, it can make your hair super greasy if you use it too close to your roots and use to much. You really need to rub it all over your hands first. I do get slightly annoyed with the greasy film it leaves on my hands afterwards, but the plus is that it smells really good. Overall, a great product to keep on hand in your bathroom.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/11/2006 4:44:00 PM More reviews by Lgrieco

Great smell, great results....but expensive. I get similar results from Pantene's $3.99 serum. I'll enjoy using this product but I don't think I'll repurchase due to the price. A little goes a long way so I'll have this for quite some time.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/10/2006 1:43:00 PM More reviews by toosexy1

Age: Unknown Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

im african american with 4a/4b hair. i washed my hair, applied conditioner and leave in then applied the biosilk serum. it felt like alcohol like i could feel it evaporating. it made my hair super soft and it was relaly hard for me to braid it. i woke up the next day to flat iron my hair and my hair felt very dry. i flat ironed my hair but my ends were very frizzy. it smells nice though. if they removed the alcohol, it would greatly improve the product

rated 5 of 5 on 3/6/2006 9:58:00 AM More reviews by MACattack89

Frizz control AND shine... amazing, truly. I use it tout le temps.