July 25, 2014 | 1749 users online

Mascara - Clinique - High Impact Mascara

rated 4 of 5 on 3/9/2008 12:58:00 PM More reviews by jinnzor

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I got a smaller size of this mascara with a Clinique gift set. I usually use Clinique High Definition Lashes which I love. I don't love this quite as much. It gives decent volume, but doesn't lengthen as well as High Definition. It doesn't smudge and it hasn't irritated my eyes (I wear contact lenses), but it does have a tendency to clumb a bit. I don't like the brush. It's too big and it makes it difficult to apply mascara to all my lashes.

Me: Moderately fair skin (MAC NC 20-25), blue eyes, light brown hair.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/7/2008 3:59:00 AM More reviews by allawallaballa

My review might be slightly different from the rest; I purchased High Impact Mascara in Sultry Plum while on the quest to find the perfect purple mascara. Those of you who have tried colored mascaras in the past know that the options are pretty scarce: No color payoff or chalky, pastel shades. Since purple brings out the green in my eyes, I am always on the hunt for the perfect vibrant purple. Clinique High Impact Mascara was not exactly what I had in mind. While it did create fuller, longer lashes without clumping, the color was too subtle for my liking. That being said, Sultry Plum did make my eyes look slightly brighter/greener. I'm still searching for a more vibrant, more purple option.

Shade Description: Sultry plum is a reddish, almost burgandy purple. It could be a nice, subtle alternative to black mascara but may also make bloodshot eyes appear to be more so. This color is work appropriate since it takes quite a few coats to get the purple effect (and even then, it was primarily visible at the very tip of my lashes and only in direct light). continued >>

rated 5 of 5 on 3/4/2008 10:49:00 PM More reviews by mo0nlight

This mascara is so great! My eye style is asian and it is easy to be panda (or raccoon). However, this mascara is never spreaded on my eyes. My eyelash is shorter and thin. But! This mascara makes my eyelash is long and thick! *Tip* When you try to remove this mascara, you don't have to use remover. Because this mascara is melted in the hot water. Human body temperature is 36.5 degree, but this mascara is melted higher temeprature than human body temperature. so this product is never spreaded on your eyes and use the hot water to remove it.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/4/2008 7:36:00 AM More reviews by Isab3lla

I'm here today to review one of the best mascara I ever used.
the first impression was dramatic! it works good for the volume, lashes become very "diva effect"!
the cream is a little bit gluey and dense, so It's not very easy to remove.
the brush is quite big.
the formulation could irritate if you have sensitive eyes.
However the impact is sure, you'll have doll lashes!

rated 3 of 5 on 3/3/2008 5:03:00 AM More reviews by IlanaKravets

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Same as other reviewers gave my lashes great oomph and volume. Had lots of comments from my friends. However, and this is why I wouldn't buy it again, during the day and when I would try and take off my make up it came off in these waxy strings which irritated my eyes and even when I though I had taken it off completely the next morning I would still find these gooey strings coming out of my eyes

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/2/2008 8:34:00 PM More reviews by mtack

My lashes: short, medium thickness and dark brown. Love dramatic lashes. This mascara provided no volume, some length after 4 sweeps, lashes droopped and smudged after couple of hours, the black not too pigmented, weird hue to it. After removal, noticed flakes inside the rims of my eyes. Conclusion: nothing high impact about this mascara, one of the worst mascaras I have ever tried for a dept. store brand. Wore it for three days with same results and then went straight to the trash. This was the regular size, ugly green tube I purchased. My own fault since I know Clinique has a bad reputation on mascaras.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/29/2008 3:14:00 PM More reviews by smmcconal

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This mascara is by far and away the best I have ever used. It goes on smooth, never clumps, and it makes my eyelashes look amazing! Creates very full and soft lashes. I think the cost is also very reasonable for the size and quality. This will always be in my makeup case!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/28/2008 3:42:00 PM More reviews by YoursEvermore

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This mascara has become my HG! One coat blows my old Maybelline Full n Soft out of the water. Two or more coats *really* makes my lashes stand out. I haven't had any problems with clumping or smudging. I highly recommend people get a sample and try it out!

rated 2 of 5 on 2/26/2008 1:10:00 PM More reviews by jenek12

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

While I do like how this mascara make my lashes look (long and thick, not very clumpy but a little texture), I have had problems with it irritating my eyes and dissolving off and getting stringy black gunk in my eyes. It does wash off fairly easily though. Overall, if I probably won't re-purchase because of the irritation it causes.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/24/2008 12:11:00 AM More reviews by hotAsFiya

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Okay, so I thought I was imagining things when I decided to check out the reviews and was finally able to confirm my experience with this mascara.
First 2-3 days were beautiful! It gave me nice long, well separated lashes. I didnt think it irritated my eyes so that was great. It was a little clumpy but nothing that a bit of stroking the brush over my lashes several times couldn't fix.
Then with continued use and within a week, I noticed more than usual lash fallout and thinning. After removing, my lashes just looked so flimsy! And of course, there it was, the added irritation to my lids, which I bet contributed to the lash fallout.
Also, like other reviewers, I experienced the increased clumping, particularly on the outer lashes, which would NOT separate.
Removing this was not a walk in the park either. Last time before I decided to put this to rest it took me 2 cotton balls with the neutrogena e/m remover, as well as splashing my face with water several times. And the itching and irritation were unfriggenbelieavable.
Is this mascara waterproof or does it have waterproof properties/ingredients? It's the only explanation for this since most mascaras that hurt my eyes happen to be waterproof.
What upset me the most is that the irritation wasn't sudden but it creeped in slowly over the days. I much more prefer MF 2000 calorie. Needless to say, I will not repurchase and I'm hoping to get my eyes back to normal soon.