September 15, 2014 | 865 users online

Mascara - Clinique - High Impact Mascara

rated 4 of 5 on 4/5/2008 10:20:00 PM More reviews by darcy123

My favourite mascara. Makes my lashes look thick and full without looking fake. Applies smoothly and washes off easily. My only complaint with this mascara is that it has a tendancy to smear a little by the end of the day and can flake a little under your eye, giving you the "dark circle" look. I usually receive this as part of GWP events so I have probably only ever purchased 1 or 2 tubes although I have worn it for years. Will repurchase.
***UPDATE***: Have switched to Naturally Glossy Mascara for everyday. I prefer the more natural look and better wear. I was sick of having mini-raccoon eyes by the end of everyday. This is still a great mascara for drama, length and fullness but will save it for evening wear.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/4/2008 11:54:00 PM More reviews by lovelixir

Disclaimer: I have the infamous short Asian lashes, and I have yet to find a mascara that works for me.

I got this mascara as GWP. It does not do anything noticeable to my lashes (e.g. lengthen or volumize), nor is it able to hold a curl. It's also clumpy and the skin around my eyes were stung when I accidentally put too much product on. The only thing I like is the brush, but unfortunately the product does nothing for my lashes.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/30/2008 4:47:00 PM More reviews by Constancek

Eyes say no, but eyebrows say yes, yes, yes!

The sales assistant did not find it in black, but recommended brown instead. In retrospect I am very glad.

I know Clinique is all fancy with hypoallergenic products, but this really made my eyes water. Perhaps as a result, it smudged. As much as I loved the colour, I just had to stop using it as a mascara.

However, all was not lost! I now use it on my too-light-for-my-hair-colour eyebrows, and they love it like crazy. The brown looks quite natural on me, and it's easily spreadable and combable and all sweet things. Also, it makes me feel less guilty about not following the three-months-rule, because it's not in my eyes.

All in all, sweet!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/25/2008 8:30:00 AM More reviews by andshescreams

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I got this as a trial size a while ago and I love it. I'm currently trying to get my hands on it again, as I'm all out. It's by far my favorite mascara I've come across.
I love the double brush. And I love the texture of the mascara, I think it's just the right consistency to not make my lashes clumpy. I've found a lot of people are iffy about comb brushes, but you need to make sure you don't just take the comb out and run it through your lashes... the mascara gathers too much inbetween the teeth of the comb. What I do is I take the comb and I run it along the rim of the top (like a string on a violin). It works great.
Overall, I love that there's a regular brush and a comb. I really love this mascara and it makes my lashes look fantastic!

rated 3 of 5 on 3/24/2008 1:09:00 PM More reviews by royal_bee17

I got the sample sized version of this, and it's all right. The first time I used it it was a huge mess! But now I think I've gotten the hang of it. The comb does not work at all for me. It has to much mascara on it and it causes it to clump so I just use the normal brush side,and it gives good length. I wouldn't buy it again because of the double side of the brush. It's kind of like my Diorshow UNLIMITED which did not work for me AT ALL! I used this mascara with and without a eyelash curler,and strangely, my eyelashes look longer when I didn't use the eyelash curler. I wouldn't by this product again but it's worth a shot.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/24/2008 9:10:00 AM More reviews by Margol85

I found this mascara to flake a lot when I put it on, so whenever I looked in the mirror throughout the day I would have black speck around my eyes! Also, it's very hard to remove and I had to use the Clinique oil-based eye makeup remover..regular oil-free ones just didn't do the job.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/23/2008 7:11:00 PM More reviews by mwebba1

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

My go to mascara. I like that it comes off easily with soap and water and it gives me a lot of volume. Really dark. My eyes look so sexy in this. I have diorshow blackout, and this I would say is better. You get fullness and blackness. I think this mascara is really underrated.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/19/2008 10:24:00 PM More reviews by noisylove

I initially tried the high impact mascara after receiving it as a GWP and loooved it, so naturally, I purchased a tube.

Pros
01 black is a very rich, deep color
can lengthen or volumize depending upon how you apply
easy to apply and rarely clumps

Cons
flakes
too wet when brand new - makes application difficult
doesn't hold curl very well

While I'm still on my quest for the "perfect" mascara, high impact mascara will tide me over until I totally fall in love with something.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/19/2008 10:18:00 AM More reviews by pupster

Previously did not like this, but I have had an old tube, either that or they have reformulated it. Tried in a GWP and ended up buying the full size. This is a volumizing mascara, really builds up big long lashes, all I do in the am is curl and apply two coats and my eyes look really wide awake. Removes pretty easily and haven't experienced any of the smudging others have had problems with. I don't have oily skin so that may be why. This compares to Lancome's Hypnose which I also like, but Clinique's is $10 less.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/15/2008 9:07:00 PM More reviews by lvlover23

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Hazel

Gives my eyelashes a really nice length, but no volume. Brush is very good, mascara goes on smoothly with no clumps.