BeneFit Cosmetics Dandelion

4.1

Ingredients: talc, mica, calcium aluminum borosicicate, polyethylene, titanium dioxide (CI 77891), magnesium myristate, pentaerythrityl tetraethylhexanoate, C9-15 fluoroalcohol phosphates, zinc stearate, octyldodecyl stearoyl stearate, phenoxyethanol, bis-diglyceryl polyacryladipate-2, squalane, carmine (CI 75470), lecithin, iron oxides (CI 77491), methylparaben, tocopheryl acetate, fragrance (parfum), glycine soja (soybean) oil, tocopherol, iron oxides (CI 77492), BHT, retinyl palmitate, butylparaben, ethylparaben, limonene, alumina, isobutylparaben, propylparaben, linalool, hexyl cinnamal, benzyl salicylate, citral butylphenyl methylpropional, citronellol, eugenol.

on 8/11/2006 11:25:00 PM

I have very fair pink and white skin. Dandelion works as a slightly shimmery face powder on me when applied lightly with a fluffy blush brush. The little brush that comes in the container is very soft, but was awkward to use at first. I've figured out through experimentation that tapping the brush on the powder and applying it with the brush on an angle creates a light flush, as if I've been exercising. The shimmer effect is subtle and only really visible when I've applied it with the brush that came in the packaging. It seems to deposit enough color that the shimmer gives a lightl highlighted appearance to my cheekbones.

The packaging is cardboard. The top fits snugly, but can slide off. I've travelled with it successfully so long as I keep it tucked in a slim makeup bag that keeps the top in place but I would not throw it loose into a purse or larger bag.

This product is lasting a long time and can be used for a few different purposes, I will probably buy this again.

on 8/5/2006 5:01:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I love this blush. I have very fair skin and so blush always looks kinda harsh on my skin. This is the perfect pale pink color. It makes my face look really healthy, and has just a hint of sparkle. The packaging definitely sucks though. It isn't really the kind of product you can carry around with you in your purse, and the brush that comes with it sucks. However, I can overcome the packaging b/c the color is perfect. I will definitely be buying it again.

I haven't used a single Benefit product yet that I've liked, and this is no exception. They hype up their products so much, but when I actually use them they're sub-par. This powder/blush hardly showed up on my skin, and I'm PALE. It's ridiculously expensive, so I'm glad I got it in a swap and didn't actually pay retail for it. The packaging, like all Benefit products, is cute. Unfortunatley the material of the box is also almost like cardboard and is pretty flimsy and easily roughed up. Would never buy this. However, I'll try Dallas because it's gotten better reviews.

on 7/30/2006 10:14:00 AM

After having my eye on this for a long time, I finally gave in and splurged on it. I love the way the packaging looks and it's part of why I wanted it in the first place but it's not really the best when you're trying to use it. The color is very light even on my pale skin but I like the subtle effect and it's easy to layer it if you need to. Dandelion gives me a soft, pretty look but nothing that special. I was really expecting more from this. I do like this but I probably won't be buying it again. It's just not worth the price when there are other things that seem to work equally well without the high cost.

on 7/29/2006 11:12:00 PM

I wanted to like this product. I gives you a hint of blush. But after a few hours (or minutes?), it disappears, because it is so light. Doesn't last half the day, no matter how many layers I apply. And the packaging is terrible.

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure

I received this in a swap and LOVE it on my cool-toned NW20 complexion! It almost reminds me of MAC's LE Beauty Powder in Shell Pearl from the Sundressing (2006) Collection, but it's much softer and without the goldish shimmer. Very subtle and pretty. It perks up my face without being obvious. That being said, I have no use for the brush or the stupid packaging - one lippie off! It's rather pricey, but I am leaning toward buying it when I run out. Love this!

on 7/27/2006 10:35:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

What more can I say about this Holy Grail item of mine? It's PERFECT. Gives me a subtle, flirty blush with soft matte appearance. I even like the box since I keep it in my traincase. Oh yeah, and the powder smells so delicately pretty. Yeah it's pricey, but mine has lasted me over a year.

on 7/23/2006 4:10:00 PM

I really didn't like this. It barely showed up on my very fair skin. The SA said to use a large powder brush (not the one that comes with it) and put it on my forehead, cheeks, chin, and nose. I really didn't notice any difference when I had it on. The color is a slightly peachy toned light pink. It doesn't really have any shimmer to it. I wouldn't recommend this to anyone.

Hate the packaging, hate the fragrance, LOVE the way this looks. I'm NW20 in MAC, and this gives me the perfect pink flush. It's also very easy to blend in case you overapply (which I'm prone to doing). I actually really like the brush it comes with because it's super soft. Unfortunately, something in this really irritates my sensitive skin everytime I wear it (I think it might be the fragrance), so I won't be buying again. The price is a bit high, but you do get quite a bit of product for your money. If Benefit would package this like a normal blush, and cut out the fragrance, I'd use it every day. It's very pretty if your skin agrees with it.

on 7/17/2006 10:57:00 PM

Better for all-over glow than just a blusher. Ditch the brush in the container and use your own!

Top Rated BeneFit Cosmetics Products