October 21, 2014 | 1585 users online

Foundations - Make Up For Ever - HD High Definition Foundation

rated 4 of 5 on 9/6/2011 1:59:00 PM More reviews by juliastl27

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

i think the finish on this foundation is lovely. not too matte or sheer. i simply love MUFE and have never seen a bad product. i swapped in my usual face & body foundation by them for this one because my acne has been acting up and the face & body was too sheer. the matte velvet felt too heavy/matte for me personally, so this was a nice middle ground.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/5/2011 11:37:00 AM More reviews by splashy

I've finally found it, my HG foundation. I'm getting married in a few short weeks, and several weeks ago I went to Sephora to talk to a makeup artist and to ask the basic questions, namely - does this product live up to its hype? I went to Sephora with no makeup on and had the artist apply the foundation (and other products) to my face, she used the Sephora #56 (I do prefer the smaller #56 to its big sister, #55) to apply it. She only used 1 pump and I thought to myself, yeah right like this'll work! And then I looked into the mirror and I couldn't believe what I saw. It was like I was airbrushed! I knew instantly that I'd be walking out with my own bottle of this miracle in a bottle and the #56 brush. I've been using it now pretty much every day to get the hang of it and to get into my own rhythm of applying the foundation. It still works just as wonderfully as that first application.

Recently my family and I went to a wedding. My sister, who does not wear foundation, wanted to try it out. She came running into my room, pointed to her face and declared that she would be purchasing her own bottle the next day. It's THAT amazing.

Some pointers - a little bit goes a long way. Seriously, 1 pump and then add from there. Primer vs. no primer? I do prefer a primer on my t-zone and that is all. Applicators? I've only used the #56 brush. I don't like applying foundation with my fingers, and although I've heard great things about it I've never tried a Beauty Blender. Price? Yes, it is expensive. I've had my bottle since May and I still have about 1/4 of the bottle left. Also, try their setting powder. It makes your skin feel even smoother! Staying power? 8+ hours.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/4/2011 9:42:00 AM More reviews by whazzam

At first i loved this product, because it covers a lot of spots. Then I noticed, it gets really flaky, even with really good moisturizers and visage.

I'm not sure if it's the way that I apply it - maybe it needs a different brush, or sponge.

I love that it's easy to apply though, never gets messy with the tube.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/4/2011 7:02:00 AM More reviews by cleopatra127

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

This's my first time foundation, and I don't have very good experience in makeup, but I bought this one based on the reviews and happy to have it.
It giving the natural look that I want as I don't wear it at all, the coverage is light to medium.
it can blended easily, I use it with my fingers.
if you need natural look regardless of high coverage, so this one is the right product.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/3/2011 10:11:00 PM More reviews by tammywiley

I didn't think much of this foundation and was disappointed as so many love it.
On application I thought this was "ok" nothing special but it didn't last on me for the day. By mid morning it became very shiny on me (even though I had powdered) and by the end of the day it had worn off quite a bit. I have normal to combination skin, maybe it is better suited to dry skins.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/3/2011 1:55:00 PM More reviews by 5t3ph

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

The coverage of this foundation is great because it is buildable; some days you are not in the mood to wear as much foundation as the next. This foundation makes me feel as if im not wearing any makeup at all which bothered me the first few times I applied it, but over time made me realize why this product is praised. I usually prefer a matte finish, and this foundation gives more of a natural, extremely slight dewy finish which isn't a bad thing. Also when using this, I do not have to reach for concealer because this does the job of multiple products. If you want to look natural with great coverage, this is the foundation for you.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/1/2011 2:19:00 PM More reviews by vcgaona

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I wear this foundation only for special occasions (Going out to clubs/parties) I got matched to #123 which is Desert (for light skin with olive undertones) For MAC Reference I would say NC30 (Even though their products its too orange for me) I wouldn't refer myself as light skin but rather medium complexion as I am Latina. With olive undertones this foundation is not too pink or orange but neutral which is what I love about it. I have clear skin (with the help of a prescription acne treatment) with a couple of acne scars. It covers it perfectly. If you have oily skin like myself, I would recommend using a oil free and matte primer. I use 2-3 pumps to cover my face and neck. I apply this with my fingers to warm up the product so it blends better into my skin. To set this I use the HD Powder. And I end up with flawless looking skin. To make sure my makeup stays on the whole night I set it with Urban Decay All Nighter Spray (Which I love) #123 Is perfect for the Fall to Winter Season. But I might get another bottle a shade or two darker for the Spring and Summer season, but might not since I don't wear this everyday.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/1/2011 1:40:00 PM More reviews by caitrin87

I'll start off by saying this is my HG foundation!
With all other foundations that I have tried there was always something that didn't look quite right. I was using Clinique for ages before I tried this.
I use this in the colour 118 and it has very subtle yellow undertones which work really nicely on light/medium skin and don't make me look pink/orange/ashy.
Prior to finding this foundation, I had difficult covering redness around my nose, and found that foundation would tend to rub off over the course of the day or look cakey.
I buff this in with my MAC stippling brush and I only go over my nose once to get rid of redness. It looks great, excellent colour match and it stays all day long. Even when I sleep with makeup on (naughty, I know) it is still on the next morning. I am on my fourth bottle of this and dont plan on switching...ever.
The only cons I can think of is that it IS a little pricey @ 50CAD for a botte, but they tend to last me about 5 or six months. Also, the lid and the pump is a little messy and after a while the lid stops staying on in the makeup bag which causes a bit of a mess. Overall, this product is so good that I overlook those little annoyances.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/30/2011 7:23:00 PM More reviews by tomakeupchick

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I really really really wanted to like this. After hearing many people rave about it I was super excited. Ultimately it was a huge disappointment.

Pros:
-Excellent colour selection - I don't think I have ever had any foundation match me so perfectly and I was super impressed with the variety.
-Feels like I'm not wearing make up.
-Did not break me out in any way.

Cons:
- Looks like I'm not wearing make up (and I don't mean that in a good way). I'm sorry but for about $50 bucks (Canadian) I expect my face to look flawless. I want what mother nature failed to give me. Or at least I want to see an improvement of some kind, any kind. If I'm going HE I am expecting HE, and this not only is not any better than a variety of cheaper foundations, it's far worse than many drugstore foundations. If anything it seemed to highlight my imperfections.
- 0 lasting power. Although to be fair since it doesn't do much when its on the staying power is far less of an issue.
- Price - did I mention how much this thing costs????? (very important given the results)

So sad... I was so hopeful, so excited and ultimately so disappointed. Sigh, the search for HG foundation continues.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/30/2011 2:07:00 AM More reviews by Bellona

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I don't wear alot of makeup, and generally reserve foundation for special occasions or when I have some serious skin issues to cover up. I got a sample from Sephora, #128. It matched my skin perfectly in the summer, but may be too dark in the winter. I found this a decent foundation, altough I've only ever tried Bobbi Brown and Giorgio Armani. I found it a bit hard to apply, it streaked alot with a foundation brush so I may try using my fingers next time. It didn't oxidize at all, the color remained the same all day. My biggest complaint is that its oily, I have no idea how anyone can wear this without using a powder to set on top (I use the Laura Mercier one and still had to blot within an hour!). Overall...
Pros:
- perfect color match
- didn't irritate my skin or break me out
- good coverage, buildable
- looked great in photos and in person
Cons:
- my combo skin got shiny and I had to blot almost immediatly
- streaky application that was hard to blend
- not very long lasting
- my face felt greasy with it on
Overall, it was decent foundation and I can see why this would rank high with some ladies. However, for me, it was too heavy and I got oily and shiny really fast. I prefer the Giorgio Armani Lasting Silk foundation instead.