September 30, 2014 | 1023 users online

Foundations - Make Up For Ever - HD High Definition Foundation

rated 2 of 5 on 8/30/2011 7:23:00 PM More reviews by tomakeupchick

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I really really really wanted to like this. After hearing many people rave about it I was super excited. Ultimately it was a huge disappointment.

Pros:
-Excellent colour selection - I don't think I have ever had any foundation match me so perfectly and I was super impressed with the variety.
-Feels like I'm not wearing make up.
-Did not break me out in any way.

Cons:
- Looks like I'm not wearing make up (and I don't mean that in a good way). I'm sorry but for about $50 bucks (Canadian) I expect my face to look flawless. I want what mother nature failed to give me. Or at least I want to see an improvement of some kind, any kind. If I'm going HE I am expecting HE, and this not only is not any better than a variety of cheaper foundations, it's far worse than many drugstore foundations. If anything it seemed to highlight my imperfections.
- 0 lasting power. Although to be fair since it doesn't do much when its on the staying power is far less of an issue.
- Price - did I mention how much this thing costs????? (very important given the results)

So sad... I was so hopeful, so excited and ultimately so disappointed. Sigh, the search for HG foundation continues.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/30/2011 2:07:00 AM More reviews by Bellona

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I don't wear alot of makeup, and generally reserve foundation for special occasions or when I have some serious skin issues to cover up. I got a sample from Sephora, #128. It matched my skin perfectly in the summer, but may be too dark in the winter. I found this a decent foundation, altough I've only ever tried Bobbi Brown and Giorgio Armani. I found it a bit hard to apply, it streaked alot with a foundation brush so I may try using my fingers next time. It didn't oxidize at all, the color remained the same all day. My biggest complaint is that its oily, I have no idea how anyone can wear this without using a powder to set on top (I use the Laura Mercier one and still had to blot within an hour!). Overall...
Pros:
- perfect color match
- didn't irritate my skin or break me out
- good coverage, buildable
- looked great in photos and in person
Cons:
- my combo skin got shiny and I had to blot almost immediatly
- streaky application that was hard to blend
- not very long lasting
- my face felt greasy with it on
Overall, it was decent foundation and I can see why this would rank high with some ladies. However, for me, it was too heavy and I got oily and shiny really fast. I prefer the Giorgio Armani Lasting Silk foundation instead.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/27/2011 1:03:00 PM More reviews by staraya

I'm an NC37/NC40 using shade 128. I don't love this foundation, nor do I hate it. I feel that it's so-so. It's lasting power isn't that long but I have very oily skin even with primer under this it doesn't help much. It feels liquidy and sheer but had a good amount of coverage on it.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/26/2011 1:35:00 PM More reviews by ElizabethMichele

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I really wanted to like this since I LOVE LOVE LOVE the HD powder (it looks amazing over Doir AirFlash btw).

I was luckly, I didn't actually buy this. I was on the hunt for a new makeup (a common state for me, still looking for my holy grail) and the girl at Shepora recommended this to me. She put some on over my freshly washed and moisturized only skin (I was expecting to go makeup shopping so I wore nothing for the best color match). At first it was ok, coverage was decent and the color wasn't too bad. She gave me a couple days worth sample, some blush and mascara and I went off to work.

Fast forward a couple of hours (literally like 2 hours) and I go to the ladies room where washing my hands I casually look up and discover I have a very strong orange tint to my skin. Horrified doesn't even begin to explain my reaction. I guess this product has a bad habit of oxidizing on oily skin and turning dark/oragne rather quickly. As the day progressed it started getting gopey and just .....ewwww. So yeah..... Next day I tried Macy's and bought some Chanel instead (HD powder worked great with that too :)

rated 3 of 5 on 8/25/2011 3:29:00 AM More reviews by leyy426

At first I really liked this foundation because it always looked really good right after I applied it. But after a few months I began to notice that the staying power is pretty bad. I would say it stays put for maybe 4 hours at most. Maybe because I have oily skin, or maybe not. Also, I notice that the foundation tends to get darker/oxidizes after a few hours. On days where I have dry patches on my face, I think this foundation accentuated the dryness. Definitely a no-no for me.

I used up about 2/3 of the bottle and really couldn't stand it anymore and decided to get a new foundation (with SPF!!) even though I really wanted to finish the bottle (because it was pretty expensive). Gave it 3 lippies because I didn't love it nor hate it.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/20/2011 3:44:00 PM More reviews by Sage6o4

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

A good foundation, but the price is ridiculous. I like the build-able coverage and the silky, feeling it has, it feels almost like a primer instead of a cakey, chalky foundation. It gives a nice, almost luminous glow which I like. I've struggled with foundations for years, constantly searching for the right one and never finding it. I've never re-purchased a foundation before, because they all work horribly with my oily skin! This being no exception. After a few hours of having it on it just starts looking and feeling oily. It is deff not the worst foundation I've ever tried but isn't my HG either. I would give it a 3.5 if I could. The search continues...

rated 3 of 5 on 8/20/2011 1:23:00 PM More reviews by sleepnix

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This foundation was fine--but I guess for the price I was expecting more.
Pro:
*Great color match! 115 was good for my NC20 skin.
*Yummy light scent.
*Good lasting power, especially with powder over it.
*Good medium-light coverage.
*Bottle lasted forever because I use such a tiny amount.

Con:
*Definitely accented dry skin/peelies on my skin! DRY SKIN GIRLS WATCH OUT.
*Not moisturizing at all.
*NO SPF.

Wouldn't re-purchase, going to try and find a oil-free tinted moisturizer with sunscreen.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/20/2011 11:04:00 AM More reviews by tuilola

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

amazing suited my skin colour perfectly and stayed on for ages!!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/18/2011 12:18:00 AM More reviews by herdiamonds

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Yay a foundation that I truly love! I got samples two different times cause I wanted to try it out a little longer before purchasing since it is a little pricey. The night I decided that this foundation is awesome was when I walked into my boyfriends bathroom to touch up and I was surprised to find my skin looking pretty amazing. It was smooth and glowy, but not dewy just natural. I was like damnn. And I've had applied probably 6 hours before. Definitely try it out.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/17/2011 4:58:00 PM More reviews by Groovymarlin2005

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I wanted to like it but it just wasn't that great for me. Coverage was OK, but I found it didn't last particularly well and it wasn't quite matte enough for me (I usually had to blot pretty early in the day). I also don't like that it has no SPF in it at all, that means I have to apply a separate product which usually just adds to the oiliness for me.

I had a hard time figuring out how to apply the product. I tried a sponge and a foundation brush and wasn't happy with either, but eventually got the best look by just using fingers. I also found wearing a primer was a must if you wanted it to blend well (I wore the Smashbox oil-free version).

Pros: Great color selection, decent coverage, seems like it would be good for skin that's not too dry or too oily
Cons: Wore off fairly quickly, not matte enough for really oily skin, no sunscreen included

In summary, it was just OK, but didn't have the wow factor for me that, for example, Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua has (that stuff looks AMAZING on me).