September 17, 2014 | 1282 users online

Foundations - Make Up For Ever - HD High Definition Foundation

rated 3 of 5 on 8/20/2011 1:23:00 PM More reviews by sleepnix

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This foundation was fine--but I guess for the price I was expecting more.
Pro:
*Great color match! 115 was good for my NC20 skin.
*Yummy light scent.
*Good lasting power, especially with powder over it.
*Good medium-light coverage.
*Bottle lasted forever because I use such a tiny amount.

Con:
*Definitely accented dry skin/peelies on my skin! DRY SKIN GIRLS WATCH OUT.
*Not moisturizing at all.
*NO SPF.

Wouldn't re-purchase, going to try and find a oil-free tinted moisturizer with sunscreen.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/20/2011 11:04:00 AM More reviews by tuilola

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

amazing suited my skin colour perfectly and stayed on for ages!!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/18/2011 12:18:00 AM More reviews by herdiamonds

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Yay a foundation that I truly love! I got samples two different times cause I wanted to try it out a little longer before purchasing since it is a little pricey. The night I decided that this foundation is awesome was when I walked into my boyfriends bathroom to touch up and I was surprised to find my skin looking pretty amazing. It was smooth and glowy, but not dewy just natural. I was like damnn. And I've had applied probably 6 hours before. Definitely try it out.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/17/2011 4:58:00 PM More reviews by Groovymarlin2005

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I wanted to like it but it just wasn't that great for me. Coverage was OK, but I found it didn't last particularly well and it wasn't quite matte enough for me (I usually had to blot pretty early in the day). I also don't like that it has no SPF in it at all, that means I have to apply a separate product which usually just adds to the oiliness for me.

I had a hard time figuring out how to apply the product. I tried a sponge and a foundation brush and wasn't happy with either, but eventually got the best look by just using fingers. I also found wearing a primer was a must if you wanted it to blend well (I wore the Smashbox oil-free version).

Pros: Great color selection, decent coverage, seems like it would be good for skin that's not too dry or too oily
Cons: Wore off fairly quickly, not matte enough for really oily skin, no sunscreen included

In summary, it was just OK, but didn't have the wow factor for me that, for example, Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua has (that stuff looks AMAZING on me).

rated 5 of 5 on 8/17/2011 4:40:00 PM More reviews by vward24

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I found my new foundation. After trying so many different foundations this one is great it covers well and has a great finish. My skin is combo and an occasional breakout, this does not make me break out. I love this product and I think its worth every penny.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/17/2011 4:04:00 PM More reviews by mzant17

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Dark, Cool Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I have acne-prone/sensitive skin, with some hyperpigmentation. I need medium to full coverage and something that doesn't fade. I have had mines for 5-6 months and I was highly disappointed. I applied Clinique moisturizer(in the yellow bottle), the Hd primer, and I would then apply the foundation with a dampen sponge. This would give me an airbrush/ beautiful skin look, until it faded.

=>Pros
>made me look gorgeous in pictures/looked nice in person
>felt light on my skin
>didn't transfer
==>Cons
>seemed to faded within hours

===>Overall I will continue to search for my HG because this definitely is not it.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/16/2011 8:20:00 PM More reviews by alygal7

I got to join the bandwagon on this one it is an absolute HG. I love this foundation so much! After reading and watching reviews I was pretty sure I wanted to get this but also a little bit hesitant. I was expecting it to be a creamy/thicker consistincy but when I put it on my hand and face it was sooo light. At Sephora I had to take a guess at the color because I was rushed.Fortunatly I was right. I am in 117(light skin with yellow undertones). The next day when I put it on my face it was perfect match soo light and it lasted long. Its semi-matte as they say and natural finish.I have a very oily T-zone especially my nose and my cheeks are normal and I was in humid weather and it lasted yet i lways get oily so i set it with my rimmel stay matte pressed powder and only retouched 1 or twice. My skin never looks so smooth. Coverage wise is medium and buildable. I like to double up as concealer. Packaging it sanitary with a great pump but at first I thought it would be kinda heavy like glass but it ws kinda plastic feeling which I actually like. It hasnt broken me out once and I actually fine that it prevents my break outs from getting worst and helps them get better. It also kinda acts like it has a built in primer due to its silicone base as I heard. It doesnt sink into my skin nor clogs my pores due to that I apply it with either my fingers or my ELF studio Powder Brush. Price..$40 which of course a little pricy but worth it with all the benefits.I recommend all the way! 5 lippies!!!:)

rated 5 of 5 on 8/16/2011 6:50:00 PM More reviews by Rhonda2010

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I've never had a better color match by ANY company during the winter. I use color 165 (Dark skin with pink undertones). This matches perfectly, and although it says dark skin, it's more like medium/tan. This can go on so easily with fingers, and I've never seen any foundation blend this easily.

I bought this once Revlon's photo ready foundation started looking like sshhh on me. It has a natural finish, and on my dry skin looks a little matte, so I don't need a powder to set it, and it stays on me literally 18 or more hours without touch ups. Revlon's was dewy, and when I want this to look dewy, I just add a drop or two of illuminator before I put it on my face. It photographs better than any other foundation I've used, too. I couldn't get the right color match for summer, but this is definitely one of my favorite foundations in the winter.

Even though it says it's medium coverage, I think it goes on light. But it can be built up without looking cakey. It leaves a soft focus look on my face anywhere I go, and in any lighting. And it lasts and lasts, cuz I only need three pumps to do my whole face. I used it six months last year, and I have nearly half a bottle left. So I only buy one bottle every two years, since I only use it in the fall/winter.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/16/2011 4:07:00 PM More reviews by livinlife23

HD = HG! I have to say, I was very skeptical about this product. I dont wear much makeup..at all. I mostly wear it for special occasions and a bit of concealer here and there. Therefore I figured why not buy a good quality foundation since Im not going to go through it fast. This provides medium to full coverage (depending on application) and lasts all day (at least for me). I wore this to prom, danced for majority of the 4 hrs and never touched up my face once. 4 hrs and a sweaty dance floor and my makeup looked good as new when I got home. If that doesn' t say something, I don't know what will. For special occasions, I definitely reccomend this but for everyday use, I suggest Clinique or something a bit more affordable.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/12/2011 11:28:00 PM More reviews by prettyseaeagle

I have no idea why this foundation is so highly raved. While it works great for me, it doesn't make me go WOW like I should be especially when it seems to fail no one. The coverage is sheer to medium which I love and it goes on smoothly. However it doesn't last the whole day for me when I do not even have oily skin to begin with. Also, the shade I got is way too dark for me. Im NC20 and got it in #120 but I feel like I should go one shade down instead. Makes me look like I have a fake tan on or something. It looked ok once applied but after an hour or so it oxidizes to an awful orange and just looks nasty. Sigh. I really wanted to love this, but the shade and longevity that is bothering me. All in all, expensive for the quality.