November 23, 2014 | 2077 users online

Highlighters - BeneFit Cosmetics - High Beam [DISCONTINUED]

This product has been discontinued

rated 3 of 5 on 3/16/2008 6:23:00 PM More reviews by wonderwall03

Overall an okay product. The colour is gorgeous, but I find the consistency to be a bit goopy. Also, it's a little too greasy to use during the summer, even as a highlighter. I will not be repurchasing.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/15/2008 5:29:00 PM More reviews by sportylass

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Yes...this is a bit expensive for what it is, but I do really love this product. It looks lovely underneath make-up (on your cheeks) to give a dewy finish, or over the top on your cheekbones as a regular highlighter. The subtle pink colour looks very natural,, although have taken 1 tick off as if you wear it during the day you can see the paricles of shimmer a bit too much and doesn't look as natural. Definitely looks better for an evening look.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/11/2008 11:11:00 AM More reviews by selkie67

I love this stuff. It is too expensive, but if it lasts as long as my Benetint did, it'll last for years--a little goes a long way.

I dot it on my cheekbones, the center of my chin, and sometimes just below my brows and the bridge of my nose. It really does perk up my complexion (I'm fair, so I get a little pasty in winter.) The pale pink color is versatile; I think it'll look as good when I'm a little tan as it does when I'm pale. The effect is a subtle glow.

I don't have a problem with the way it's packaged--I just dot on the color with the tip of the brush and rub it in--but I can see how it would be hard to control the amount of product you put on with the brush.

It does dry quickly, so you have to work fast. I like the texture--it's between a liquid and a cream.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/6/2008 11:43:00 PM More reviews by squirlymoo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I bought this on a friend's reccommendation and I must say, I'm glad I did. It's very pretty, and makes my face look like it actually has, you know, some bone structure.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/5/2008 3:45:00 AM More reviews by essiegirl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

I had been waiting to try this out ever since a friend recommended it to me, saying it makes your face look nice and dewy. The price is steep for what you get (and for my budget) but I hear the bottle will last you a long time. Luckily I was able to pick up a bottle from the states rather than up here where I live, because it's a little more expensive.
    As for the product, it is lovely. It does give you a dewy complexion and is a pretty highlighter. I don't know if it's just me and if I'm applying it wrong but there is quite a bit of shimmer to it. I probably need to be a bit more quicker in spreading it because it tends to dry quick and will leave streak marks on your face that show where you applied it.
    I'm iffy on whether I like the nail polish applicator but I use a makeup sponge to spread it around.
    The product will probably last me a long time so I couldn't see myself buying another one. The price is another factor. However, I'd say yes to buying it if it was a bit cheaper and because I enjoyed the product.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/4/2008 3:49:00 PM More reviews by ClassicBlackPumps

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Flawless highlighting of the cheekbones. I use this every single day over BeneTint and it makes me feel exceptionally pretty. The color makes my face feel like it has a soft glwo around it, and I can't help but pause when I catch my profile in the mirror. If there is one facial feature I'm proud of, it's my cheek bones, and High Beam only does more to enhance my mild bouts of vanity.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/25/2008 6:48:00 AM More reviews by irin

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This is my most favourite highlighter of all time. Anna Sui loose powder 002 used to be my favourite but the package was not practical at all and it faded away too soon. Benefit High Beam gives me the same result as Anna Sui 002 and stays all day. I've read a lot of reviewer complained about it's nail-polish applicator, however, I've found it very practical. I apply with the brush on my cheek bones, tip of nose, chin and forehead, dap a little bit and blend then I get a "pearlize" glow as I like.

FYI, I'm Asian, around NC25 dry and sensitive skin. I also use BB shimmer bricks, Laura Mercier's Shimmer bloc, Stila liquid illuminator, and Mac mineralized skin finish. High beam wins.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/22/2008 9:41:00 PM More reviews by BethanyBez

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I use high beam almost every day. It gives off a nice, long lasting shimmer that has a great rosy, opalescent quality that is very flattering. I use it on my brow and cheek bones, and I run a bit down the bridge of my nose. High beam is very long lasting because you just need a little teensy dab of it at a time.

Overall, I like the product a lot, but I think the packaging is ridiculous. It comes with a brush attached to the cap, which is completely useless unless you want to paint your nails with the stuff. I apply and blend with my fingers.

I also think the texture could be a little denser. It goes on sort of liquidy, and that makes it sort of difficult to blend.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/22/2008 9:34:00 PM More reviews by kyidmnmaiv

I LOVED this when I first got it. The color is lovely, the highlight it provides is perfect. But then I checked the ingredients list and realized it has comedogenic ingredients. Suddenly, I realized why I was getting zits on my eyelids. suck.

Does anyone know of a highlighter that ISN'T comedogenic?

rated 3 of 5 on 2/21/2008 5:17:00 PM More reviews by ness518

I really love the formulation - it's a beautiful color; perfect and can be used in so many ways. I put it on the inner or outer corners of my eyes to brighten them up when I look tired or put it on my cheeks sometimes...or I mix it with a concealer to hide any flaws. It doesn't make me break out when I use it on my face. One bottle COULD last forever since a little goes a long way. It is a little difficult to apply with the brush that it comes with in the bottle, so I use a cosmetic sponge.

One gripe:

The bottle...one would mistake this for nail polish if you weren't aware of it's actual use and fyi if said bottle happens to topple off of the sink... it will leave the worst sparkling mess of your life.