December 19, 2014 | 1743 users online

Pressed Powders - Rimmel - Stay Matte Pressed Powder

rated 5 of 5 on 11/1/2008 3:43:00 PM More reviews by jdawes

I've been using this powder for a LONG time now. You can't beat the value. I use a powder brush with it. I love it.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/29/2008 11:30:00 PM More reviews by smartie26

I love love LOVE this pressed powder. It's the only one I ever purchase. Although the packaging isn't the most convenient to tote around... it's well worth the price of below $5! I find that it doesn't really control my oily skin as well as I'd hoped it would - I use Proactiv oil blotting sheets to control my shine throughout the day.

I soley use this powder to set my tinted moisturizer in the morning, and to dust on top of any spots I cover up with conceiler. I dust it all over my face with a big fluffy brush. It's the only powder that's so finely milled it appears to have an airbrushed effect and noticibly reduce (or fill in?) any visible pores.

Will definately buy again! =) =)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/28/2008 3:56:00 AM More reviews by winterfairy

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

Excelent product for that price. It matches quite well and doesn't look cakey or chalking. I use it over my foundation or wear it alone. Mattifying power is average, but I haven't yet found a product that will control shine of my T-zone for more than 3 hours, so maybe I'm not the right person to judge... The only (and big) letdown is the packaging. Cheap looking, unpractical and the lid would break eventually one day. But I will rebuy. EDIT: I'll change it to 5 lippies - the product itself is excelent and deserves 5+, inspite awful packagin

rated 5 of 5 on 10/26/2008 6:55:00 PM More reviews by xchristinex

My HG blot powder. I have oily skin and this holds back shine for about 2-3 hours without re-application. I love it. I never realized it had a scent untill i read the review on MUA. I think the smell is pleasant and you can't smell it unless you stick your nose near the powder, otherwise it's unnoticeable. I have asian skin and I bought this in Sandstorm. It matches quite well and doesn't look cakey or chalking. I dust this over my foundation or wear it alone of casual days. I also noticed through looking at it closely, it has a very small amount of shimmer which was surprising to me because I never noticed it before. The only down side, as said already, is the packaging. The lid comes off effortlessly, in a bad way. If you were to put this in your purse, there is a possibility it would open up in your bag. Although, this DOES come with a lot of product for $5-6 CDN. I would definitely rebuy.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/24/2008 5:45:00 PM More reviews by sephora765

this really is a great product to set your make-up with, it keeps shine away for about 4 hours and gives that extra coverage (sheer) on top of your foundation. I got this on sale, but i would definitly buy it again. comparable to MAC blot powder.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/13/2008 10:30:00 AM More reviews by IHaveAPieProblem

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is the best powder I've found at my controlling my super oily skin, but unfortunately it breaks me out...and I'm not saying that it might have broken me out, but that I'm positive it did. I liked it so darn much that I kept going back to it - over five times - even when I knew better, and sure enough, each time I started breaking out again. In fact, even the other day in a pinch I put some just on my nose, and the next day I had three red blemishes there, even though I hardly ever break out on my nose (other than consistent blackheads - sorry for the overshare!). I loved it for setting my makeup and for touch ups, which I needed significantly less of than with any other powder. The finish is great, very much like a powder foundation like some others have said, but I've never felt powder foundations went well over my foundation and concealer, and this does. It left a nice matte look (use lightly if you like a more natural look) and was great at evening out my skintone more when the rest of my makeup hadn't cut it. I have the lightest shade, which is pale enough for me (not like "white" light, but many shades aren't pale enough for me) and definitely has yellow undertones.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/10/2008 9:44:00 PM More reviews by squared3017

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

i really like this powder. i have it in translucent. i wear it over my mineral foundation (i find it helps it stay put a bit more in addition to helping control the oil more) and my liquid foundation. i think it really helps. i have pretty oily skin and you can really see this on my nose and the rest of my t-zone, but this helps keep my skin less oily. the packaging is a bit "eh." i like the fact that it is so simple, because then you know that they're charging you for the product, not for any kind of fancy packaging, but it is a little difficult to take anywhere. and another plus, it doesn't turn orange!! previously i used a different pressed powder over my makeup, and my skin would looks a little orangey after a while. initially i thought it was my mineral makeup, but after i switched to this powder, i didn't have any more problems. in addition, it doesn't break me out! yay!! i'll definitely keep on buying this because it's a good price, it does its job, and my skin doesn't look awful after using it.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/1/2008 8:12:00 AM More reviews by stephiebabex

It works very well ontop of tinited moisturizer of foundation just to keep shine away. I love it! It actually adds a bit of extra coverage and a nice finish to your face. Doesnt dry out your face and lasts for quite a while. I have to re apply a few times throughout the day but i recommened!
Love it!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/11/2008 4:28:00 AM More reviews by Bito

I have this in sandstorm.The most thing i love about this powder is that it matches my tone perfectly!! and i never found a product that matches my skin tone this way.i love the price,really cheap ;) however i don't like the packaging, i can't take it with me to work, it looks cheap and i have to take a sponge in different container since i don't put it with the powder (it will transfer the oil to the powder). the staying power is good, i have to touch up after approximately 2 to 3 hours although i have a combination skin not that oily but i live in a hot climate weather so i guess it is ok. i only hope if i didn't need to touch up that often and that it had a better packaging but without changing the price ;)

rated 4 of 5 on 9/11/2008 4:27:00 AM More reviews by Bito