Rimmel Stay Matte Pressed Powder

3.8

TALC,MAGNESIUM STEARATE, POLYETHYLENE, PETROLATUM, PHENYL TRIMETHICONE, DIMETHICONE, POLYBUTENE, ISOSTEARYL NEOPENTANOATE, ETHYLHEXYL METHOXYCINNAMATE, TOCOPHERYL ACETATE, METHYLPARABEN, COCOS NUCIFERA, PARAFFINUM LIQUIDUM, PROPYLPARABEN, PARFUM, ALOE BARBADENSIS, BHT, BUTYLPHENYL METHYLPROPIONAL, BENZYL SALICYLATE, CITRONELLOL, HEXYL CINNAMAL, HYDROXYISOHEXYL 3-CYCLOHEXENE CARBOXALDEHYDE, LINALOOL, BUTYLPARABEN. [ /- MICA, CI 77891, CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499, CI 77007].

on 2/21/2010 8:37:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I've bought two of these so far. It definitely keeps you matte! I don't have that much experience with powder since I've not that oily, but I do have those bleh days. Since I really don't have much history with pressed powder, there's nothing to compare Stay Matte to. I will buy this again if I don't find anything better out there that's also reasonably priced.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I was looking for a great, cheap, translucent pressed powder to set my foundation with and this is great. It really makes my face totally matte and gives me an even finish and lasts! I even like the light fragrance it has...very clean but not too overpowering. I apply this with a SS182 Kabuki brush and its perfect! I gave this 4 lipsticks instead of 5 because of the packaging. It doesn't close properly and the top doesn't stay on correctly. I was really hopign this could be something I could carry around with me for touch ups but I'd be afraid the top would fall off in my handbag and it would crack everywhere. But its super cheap and a great product so overall I'm quite pleased. I will definitely repurchase!

on 2/13/2010 1:38:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

i bought this for my oily skin. Everytime I put it on the powder would get all over my hand and sink. This is not good to put in purse to powder nose throughout day. It was ok for my oil but not a fan.

on 2/13/2010 1:26:00 PM

rimmel lis a really cheap product. i have no idea why i decided to try this but i returned it the next day. the only thing i will ever buy from rimmel again is their mascara. not a big fan of rimmel.

on 2/13/2010 8:30:00 AM

caked around my nose and forehead.
didn't last over half an hour and my skin is only normal/combination.
wipes off onto my fingers and such.
bad packaging as the lid comes off in my makeup bag.
worst of all, it made me break out on my second use.

on 1/31/2010 10:45:00 PM

I use this with my Lancome liquid foundation and together they help me create a flawless look. This powder is very fine so you don't really get a "caked on" look. It keeps my oil away for about 5 hrs till I either blot or re-apply.
I've used up one of these and I'm definitely going to repurchase.

I hate the packaging though. Ugliest thing ever.

on 1/31/2010 12:11:00 AM

I think this product is ok.
I saw a review video that it's good for setting foundation as it's not that powdery. So I was expecting a clean look after all.
But I had to apply quite a bit to settle my liquid foundation, I looked cakey.
If I decreased the amount to look more natural, my face didn't feel set.
So I stopped using the product.

on 1/25/2010 7:54:00 PM

I love this powder! I use a brush to apply this to set my makeup or for touch ups when I get shiny. It controls oil pretty well. The only downside is the packaging but it's ok if it keeps the cost down, right? I have this in transparent because the other two colors looks weird and dirty on my asian skin...don't know why.

on 1/23/2010 12:53:00 AM

I loved this product at first--until I realized it was breaking me out. It's a very heavy powder and is quite noticeable no matter how lightly you apply. The packaging is not the best; it has a flimsy plastic lid with no latch. Instead, the lid screws on but does not shut tightly and thus comes off very easily. Don't throw this one in your purse unless you want to have powder on all of its contents. It was an ok powder for its time but I have since switched to MAC's Mineralize Skin Finish.

on 1/20/2010 10:56:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm

I use the translucent powder to set my liquid makeup, and it does the job! Only takes a little bit, too. Controls oil pretty and stays pretty well, especially considering how cheap it is! As others have said, the packaging isn't ideal, but I don't really need to take it with me in my purse so it's fine. Would definitely re-purchase this.

Video Reviews & Tutorials