Rimmel Stay Matte Pressed Powder

3.8

TALC,MAGNESIUM STEARATE, POLYETHYLENE, PETROLATUM, PHENYL TRIMETHICONE, DIMETHICONE, POLYBUTENE, ISOSTEARYL NEOPENTANOATE, ETHYLHEXYL METHOXYCINNAMATE, TOCOPHERYL ACETATE, METHYLPARABEN, COCOS NUCIFERA, PARAFFINUM LIQUIDUM, PROPYLPARABEN, PARFUM, ALOE BARBADENSIS, BHT, BUTYLPHENYL METHYLPROPIONAL, BENZYL SALICYLATE, CITRONELLOL, HEXYL CINNAMAL, HYDROXYISOHEXYL 3-CYCLOHEXENE CARBOXALDEHYDE, LINALOOL, BUTYLPARABEN. [ /- MICA, CI 77891, CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499, CI 77007].

This is my second pan and I will continue to buy more.
Here's my daily routine:
1)Prime.
2)Conceal.
3)Foundation.
4) Rimmel Stay Matte powder.

So far, this hasn't failed me. The packaging doesn't bother me considering I don't carry it with me. I don't feel the need to because it keeps me nice and matte throughout the day. I took off one lippie because if you use it daily it runs out quickly.

on 9/28/2009 5:17:00 AM

I wear this powder in 001 Transparent, as I don't like my powder to add any colour to my skin. For the price, it's a real bargain - it is a good consistency and doesn't give a 'powdery' or ashy look. Doesn't last on my oily T-zone for more than a couple of hours though, and as other reviewers have said, the packaging makes it difficult to throw in your bag for quick touch-ups.

on 9/27/2009 6:50:00 PM

I also use this powder and Im another believer in it:)Yes,I do hate the package but what I do is..tie an elastic around the container,so that you can keep it in your purse.And that seems to work for me:)I work 8 hour shifts,so I might and might not have to reaply.Will I purchase this again?You betcha!

on 9/27/2009 6:27:00 PM

This powder goes on so silky and un-powdery it's great! Sets makeup perfectly without looking cakey or I guess...powdery.

As far as the packaging, it could really use powder puff AND a lid that stays on. But since it doesn't, I don't reapply during the day.

on 9/25/2009 12:15:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

I really love the performance of this powder. On my 42 year old face, it doesn't look too powdery, which is so aging, it doesn't cake up, it does control the oilies pretty well. I usually apply another sweep in the late afternoon though, so the mattifying effect doesn't last all day for me. I bought the transparent shade. My only complaint with the product is the packaging. Like many others have said, it's very strange. It looks like it is supposed to screw closed, but it doesn't stay closed. If you wanted to put this in your handbag, this would definitely present you with some difficulties. I just keep it in my makeup drawer, so I haven't had a problem with that yet.

on 9/22/2009 3:27:00 PM

Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse

Packaging sucks, doesn't have room for a sponge and lid falls off. The powder is amazing and cheap, which makes up for all of this! As long as you keep it in a snug place in your bag it will be fine. Buy it and you won't be sorry... for $4 or so you can't expect it to be perfect, but as long as the actual product works it's worth it too me.

on 9/10/2009 2:58:00 AM

This is an ok powder. It's not my absolute favorite, but it's not a bad powder at that.

on 9/9/2009 9:45:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

This is a very nice powder that I use to set my liquid foundation. I got it in 004 Sandstorm which doesn't seem to add much color to my face, which is good. It makes my face matte and removes shine without looking chalky or cakey at all. I tried Blot Powder by MAC before this and, honestly, they work exactly the same and this is 5x cheaper. I will certainly continue to use this.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I didn't realise how good this powder was until I switched brands. It keeps my skin almost perfectly matte for up to three hours, which is remarkable considering my skin normally resembles an oil slick. I use it in translucent. It gives a little extra coverage and sets my foundation perfectly, and doesn't look chalky, heavy or flaky. I only have to touch up once a day, twice if it's sunny or extremely rainy. The only complaint I have is the packaging, it's really flimsy, the lid doesn't stay on and I've opened my makeup bag to find powder over everything before, so I usually tape the lid down to prevent that. And you haven't got much to lose as it's dirt cheap.

on 9/7/2009 2:00:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

Does what it says! Takes the shine away I've been told that your powder should be 3 shades lighter than your foundation, and following that advice I chose Sandstorm and the shade is perfect. I do have a problem with the fact that the lid doesn't screw on and doesn't seem like it snaps on either it just kind of sits there. So far it hasn't come off in my makeup bag, but I can see how it would. Overall a good product that I would repurchase.