Rimmel Stay Matte Pressed Powder

3.8

TALC,MAGNESIUM STEARATE, POLYETHYLENE, PETROLATUM, PHENYL TRIMETHICONE, DIMETHICONE, POLYBUTENE, ISOSTEARYL NEOPENTANOATE, ETHYLHEXYL METHOXYCINNAMATE, TOCOPHERYL ACETATE, METHYLPARABEN, COCOS NUCIFERA, PARAFFINUM LIQUIDUM, PROPYLPARABEN, PARFUM, ALOE BARBADENSIS, BHT, BUTYLPHENYL METHYLPROPIONAL, BENZYL SALICYLATE, CITRONELLOL, HEXYL CINNAMAL, HYDROXYISOHEXYL 3-CYCLOHEXENE CARBOXALDEHYDE, LINALOOL, BUTYLPARABEN. [ /- MICA, CI 77891, CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499, CI 77007].

on 6/10/2009 11:04:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

005 Silky Beige (w/ Natural Minerals) is a good match for my skin tone. (NC35-40) Sandstorm was too light, and Mohair too pink. I bought a soft velour puff to use with it (I just keep it in the case and the lid stays on) until I get around to buying a powder brush like most people here recommend. Oil control is decent, around 3 hours. For the price (got it for 29 QAR / around $7+) you get a lot of product [0.49 oz / 14 g] in the pan. I'm still trying other powders but this one is something good to have as a back up. Might repurchase.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

GREAT powder, i love the nice velvet feeling and look of it!
However it does come off within a few hours...so i have to re-apply!
Definitely worth having in your makeup collection!

Pretty much the worst pressed powder I have ever bought. I am not a fan of any of the Rimmel products, this being one of my least favorites. It doesn't even show up on my skin. The powder is too chalky and you can forget about taking it traveling with you, unless you want it all through your bag. I have had better luck with dollar store powder than this. I threw both of the shades I got in the trash.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I've been using this for years. It has simple packaging and a good smell. It smells like lotion or the retro face powders from the 50's. Not a strong scent at all, but feminine. I wear Sandstorm. I've gone through alot of these. They require you buy a puff or sponge seperate, and the lid sometimes comes off. I keep it at home, so that's no big deal because I love it. I often use this on my face and nothing else. It never cracks. Update: I think they changed the formula and added minerals, the powder seems softer and not as good. It's still ok, but not what it once was. That's a shame, Rimmel.

on 5/31/2009 3:11:00 PM

Excellent setting powder. The packaging is kinda poor quality, the cap doesn't stay on as well as I would like. But other than that it does a good job absorbing oil and hiding red blotches.

on 5/26/2009 11:41:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

While browsing the wal-mart beauty aisles I came across this pressed powder. I have oily skin & often struggle with shine especially during the summer. Therefore, when I saw this powder was supposed to keep your skin matte I definitely wanted to try it out. I got the translucent shade which is perfect for me cause i only wanted to use it to set my makeup & not add any more color to my face. I dusted it on with a large powder brush & was quite happy with how well it kept the oilies at bay. The price is great ($4) for a large amount of product. Only thing that stinks is the packaging like others have said. That is why I took 1 lippie off. The screw on lid does not stayed screwed on & could pop off quite easily causing a powder disaster. In order to avoid that happening, I have had to rubber band it when carrying it in my makeup bag. A pain in the butt for sure. If Rimmel could put this product in a snap closure compact then it would be a 5-star product easily.

on 5/24/2009 1:46:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I've recently finished my MAC sheer powder, but it was too expensive for me to buy again considering how fast I go through powders. So I decided to try Rimmel Stay Matte powder. I bought this in Sandstorm (I think that's what it's called?). I don't mind the packaging too much since my makeup bag is pretty packed, so nothing get's spilled out. But for others who like to throw stuff straight into their bags, this packaging is no good. The cover doesn't even screw tight at all so you could possibly end up with a powder covered purse.

When I opened the package though, I did notice there is some shimmer/glitter to this powder. I hate shimmer on any makeup, so I was a little dissapointed initially. But when I applied it onto my face, I didn't see any shimmers on my skin, so I guess it's alright. Previous drug store powders that I've tried always make me turn orange like an oompa loompa by noon time. I was super stoked when I looked in the mirror and it didn't appear orange at all. Not one bit.

The only complain I have is the light fragrance smell this has. Hence the one lippie off. But it's bearable, so I would definitely recommand and buy this product again considering it's inexpensive, goes on smoothly, and doesn't turn orange. It hasn't broken me out so far either. (I'm super sensitive)

on 5/10/2009 1:29:00 PM

To start off with, the colour for my skin tone was a perfect pale, therefore I could apply as much powder as I wanted without the fear of worrying about weather I was turning orange.
It made all my make-up stay in place and gave a lovely finish.
To be it simply, It did what it said on the tin

I absolutely adore this powder. The reasons are fairly simple: the powder goes on smooth and provides me with matte finish. My face obtains that porcelain-doll appearance - perfect and flawless day in and day out! However, one of the main disadvantages that this does not come in a compact form! I do think it would be ever so convenient if it did, so that I could carry it around without being afraid that it might transform my vanity into a huge mess by the time of my arrival!

this is one of my favourite pressed powders, especially for the price.
It goes on well and is light enough that even when wearing over foundation i dont feel like im wearing a tonne of makeup.
The only downside is i dont think the packaging is overly durable, ive had a few break whilst carrying them around in my makeup bag, which is an annoyance when you come to find all your over makeup covered in powder.

But overall a great product

Video Reviews & Tutorials