September 30, 2014 | 1990 users online

Pressed Powders - Rimmel - Stay Matte Pressed Powder

rated 2 of 5 on 4/1/2008 10:01:00 PM More reviews by hamiltonchicky

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Now I love Rimmel products but was very disappointed with this pressed powder.

Found that the powder doesn't pick up too well on my brush and find that I am applying over and over as it doesn't seem like any powder is going on my face to provide it with any coverage; so then I've probably put too much on, which gives me the dried out look where every little hair on my face becomes apparent.

I find it doesn't last more than half a day and then I am stuck retouching throughout the day.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/27/2008 9:13:00 AM More reviews by chiodokeller

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I keep this compact in my desk drawer at work. During the day I can touch up with ease. I also keep a nice brush nearbuy to use instead of a compact puff. The brush gives me better translucent coverage. I was surprised that this works as well as it does. Sometimes you just don't have to pay alot of money for a good product.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/20/2008 7:22:00 PM More reviews by tippy_toes08

at first i didn't like this powder, i just bought it on sale to save me until i bought something else, but i started using it, and not it's part of my everyday make-up. my only qualm is that it doesn't come with a brush, and the cover doesn't screw on super tight, but overall, great de-shinying powder!

rated 1 of 5 on 3/13/2008 10:20:00 PM More reviews by PoshMCRchick

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This powder is very flaky...It looks extremely powdery.

It doesnt do much for settling my foundation either.

All and all, its cheap price....and cheap quality!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/10/2008 4:54:00 PM More reviews by newmummy

I have been using Physicians Formula Mineral Wear loose powder in translucent pale for a few years now. I went to pick some up last week but they were sold out at Walmart so I grabbed this powder in translucent on sale for five bucks instead. I didn't have high hopes at all but it turned out to be the best powder I have ever used. I know it's not as good for my skin as my old powder but the colour is absolutely translucent on my fair olive skin and soooo velvety on my skin.
My skin is super sensitive to powder (gets itchy and breaks out) but not with this stuff. Keeps my skin matte all day and doesn't interfere with my foundation colour. I love this cheapy powder and I am so thankful that walmart was sold out of my old standby!

rated 1 of 5 on 12/19/2007 1:01:00 AM More reviews by switchbladie

I got sick of cover girl caking itself on my skin so i tried a different brand, i made the mistake of listening to commercials and tried out Rimmel. it did nothing but make me look worse!

pros: i like the case its thin and pocket friendly. good color matching

cons: doesnt stay on your face AT ALL. comes off from the lightest touch. makes my skin extra oily makes me skin look blotchy. feels greasy.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/6/2007 2:18:00 PM More reviews by bambi53

This is a decent powder. It last long, and it looks natural. All though i must say, that i have tried better powders. But for the prise, its okay.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/24/2007 9:43:00 AM More reviews by CLPOOH

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've bought this in both Transparent, which was too light, and Sandstorm, which did work. I've given up on ever finding the "perfect" powder, as my skin is oily, and it doesn't take long for the oil to break-through. However, this is a good product. I love the price, and also the fact that the Sunday newspaper actually has coupons for Rimmel from time to time. The packaging and the cheap, flimsy sponge that comes with it leave a lot to be desired, but I just replace the sponge with a Cover Girl powder puff. I'll definitely buy this again. Oh, by the way, you can register at Rimmel.com, and get info. about their products. They sent me a "happy birthday" email this week, allowing me to register for a makeup-giveaway sweepstakes.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/23/2007 8:47:00 PM More reviews by Rachel1234

Oh, how I love this powder! It's my new HG for pressed powder. I have very oily skin and it is darn near impossible to find any powder that will keep the shine off of my face for more than an hour or two. But this pressed powder actually keeps my face matte for 5 hours ... just as it promises! I am so very happy with this powder. I purchased this from my local Meijer in "Peach Glow" which is a fairly light color - it is a perfect match for my skin color, and for reference I am a Bare Minerals "1.2 - Fairly Light" and Covergirl "Natural Ivory". So I am not the palest of the pale, but I am fair-light skintone. Peach Glow is perfect on me - it has more color than transparent, but just a little ... definitely as the name implies it's a sheer peach glow. This hint of color is good because I use this instead of foundation. When used alone it is sheer, adds just a tint of color, and hours and hours of mattifying power! Works really well used over concealor for spot treatments (zits). Looks great when used for mid-day touch-ups too. Love! 5 Lippies!!!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/22/2007 3:19:00 PM More reviews by crazyfrog13

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

This powder is light and sheer, great if you're not looking for a lot of coverage. I found it didn't have a lot of staying power and none of the shades were light enough for my skin.