October 20, 2014 | 1903 users online

Pressed Powders - Rimmel - Stay Matte Pressed Powder

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/19/2008 7:34:00 AM More reviews by ricerice

the first time i used this was when i was out one night, i was drinking and i had the 'asian blush', i used a powder puff (which i bought separately) and it actually partly covered the 'blush' which surprised me. i tried using a powder brush to apply it this morning and it didnt work as well, my brush did not pick up the poweder well and it didnt make my skin oil free for long. This is better for touch ups during the day. but the packaging is crap, the lid does not stay on, theres no mirror. i dont know why i gave this product 4 lippys, since there are so many bad things about this product, but i do like this product alot, though i wont but this again because if i just paid around $5 more, i would be able to get a pressed powder with a mirror (which is really important to me)

rated 3 of 5 on 5/10/2008 5:08:00 PM More reviews by punkelikat

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

After reading the reviews here, I had the highest hopes when I went to by myself a new powder. After being without a powder for a while, I did adore it for a while just because it was powdery.
It doesn't come with a sponge or something, so I had to buy some cheap H&M brush to apply with. It is also a shame that it doesn't have any mirror in the package, but I guess you can't have everything.
In fact, SM doesn't really have anything. It's an ok powder for it's price, it keeps my t-zone matte for a couple of hours and that's about what it's supposed to do. But it seems to emphasize my dry patches, it doesn't cover very well and is somewhat cakey. I guess I will finish it but after that, I will go back to my (somewhat more expensive) Mineral Compact Powder from Isadora. Love!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/5/2008 4:21:00 PM More reviews by N1cky3

A very good pressed power foundation- i'd recommend it to anyone. It worked well and took any shine of my face- particulary the T-zone. The only fault i'd highlight is that it really doesn't last very long, and requires frequent 'top-ups'.
I was frightend with dry patches that it would only make it worse- but it really didn't. A good finishing touch to any foundation.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/4/2008 5:48:00 PM More reviews by Goldie_Loks

I have this powder in Transparent and Sandstorm (for the summer). Both blend well into the skin and provide a silky matte finish. I am a fan of Rimmel cosmetics, but I'm a little bummed about a few things: First, the packaging, I would happily pay a buck or two more for an actual compact with a powder puff. Second, the powder is not very transfer-resistant and easily smudges onto clothing or anything else that touches your face while wearing it. Third, doesn't keep oil at bay for very long at all requiring frequent touch-ups. I doubt I'd buy this product again.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/4/2008 1:01:00 PM More reviews by Goldie_Loks

rated 4 of 5 on 4/28/2008 12:49:00 AM More reviews by RotaryGirl

The biggest surprise for me has been how finely-milled and silky this d/s brand turned out to be. I purchased during my current budget crunch and was thrilled at the price, but I was expecting chalk. Instead I got a nice, even finish using a powder brush, setting my foundation without seeming to add anything visible. Admittedly I'm using a light hand and the shade, 001 Transparent, is a good match for my foundation (Almay Clear Complexion in Ivory 120), but when I use the Clinique Stay-Matte in Stay Buff that I keep in my desk drawer at work for touch-ups, the difference is obvious, and not at all what I expected; I prefer the Rimmel!

I'm not sure the ingredients are a healthy match; but so far, after three weeks, there's been no recurrence of the cysts I had before I switched to the Almay foundation last year. If this keeps up, I'll definitely repurchase.

Update 08/23/2008 No breakouts, happily, after my second purchase, but I strayed to a former favorite from my teen days, Coty Airspun, and noticed after one day back on the Stay Matte that it does NOT stay matte. The Airspun keeps me fresher looking longer (with downsides, alas, I'll review it too). I'm surprised, but there it was, oily shinies just after lunch. I didn't notice till I'd been away for a couple of weeks and came back to it. Not a huge deal since touchups aren't cakey, this stuff is truly, beautifully fine-milled. Leaving my original four lippies because it is virtually undetectable and is deliciously matte in texture. And the price is still looooovely.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/1/2008 10:01:00 PM More reviews by hamiltonchicky

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Now I love Rimmel products but was very disappointed with this pressed powder.

Found that the powder doesn't pick up too well on my brush and find that I am applying over and over as it doesn't seem like any powder is going on my face to provide it with any coverage; so then I've probably put too much on, which gives me the dried out look where every little hair on my face becomes apparent.

I find it doesn't last more than half a day and then I am stuck retouching throughout the day.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/27/2008 9:13:00 AM More reviews by chiodokeller

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I keep this compact in my desk drawer at work. During the day I can touch up with ease. I also keep a nice brush nearbuy to use instead of a compact puff. The brush gives me better translucent coverage. I was surprised that this works as well as it does. Sometimes you just don't have to pay alot of money for a good product.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/20/2008 7:22:00 PM More reviews by tippy_toes08

at first i didn't like this powder, i just bought it on sale to save me until i bought something else, but i started using it, and not it's part of my everyday make-up. my only qualm is that it doesn't come with a brush, and the cover doesn't screw on super tight, but overall, great de-shinying powder!

rated 1 of 5 on 3/13/2008 10:20:00 PM More reviews by PoshMCRchick

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This powder is very flaky...It looks extremely powdery.

It doesnt do much for settling my foundation either.

All and all, its cheap price....and cheap quality!