Rimmel Stay Matte Pressed Powder

3.8

TALC,MAGNESIUM STEARATE, POLYETHYLENE, PETROLATUM, PHENYL TRIMETHICONE, DIMETHICONE, POLYBUTENE, ISOSTEARYL NEOPENTANOATE, ETHYLHEXYL METHOXYCINNAMATE, TOCOPHERYL ACETATE, METHYLPARABEN, COCOS NUCIFERA, PARAFFINUM LIQUIDUM, PROPYLPARABEN, PARFUM, ALOE BARBADENSIS, BHT, BUTYLPHENYL METHYLPROPIONAL, BENZYL SALICYLATE, CITRONELLOL, HEXYL CINNAMAL, HYDROXYISOHEXYL 3-CYCLOHEXENE CARBOXALDEHYDE, LINALOOL, BUTYLPARABEN. [ /- MICA, CI 77891, CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499, CI 77007].

on 12/6/2009 7:19:00 PM

It does keep you matte but it also does make your face obvious that you have powder on. I'm trying to find a finishing pressed powder that does not make my face look "powdery", instead give me a more dewy finish. I'm thinking about MAC mineralize skinfinish natural and MAC mineralize skinfinish, but am not sure if the natural also will give me a "powdery" look, and the one without natural, i don't know if i can apply that all over my face or just on my cheeks? If anyone has any suggestions, please let me know, thx!~

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

----UPDATE----
I repurchased this again because I was on the lookout for a new powder that would last - and I remember liking this. Unfortunately I am VERY disappointed. No matter how lightly I apply this it's VERY obvious I am wearing powder, it emphasizes every hair on my face (which obviously isn't visible otherwise) and looks very powdery. The lasting power is pretty good - but for the finish, it's not worth it. I am returning this as soon as I can - even though it was only $4, it's horrible. The color match is OKAY, I got Transparent & I'm on the lighter side of NC20, more appropriately NC15 I'd say since it is the winter time. I don't recommend this and if you are going to have to buy a drugstore powder I suggest Maybelline Dream Matte...it works much better and looks way more natural!

OLD REVIEW...
I used to use this stuff back in High School, I believe I used the Translucent shade, and wow it's amazing. I was a bit make up retarded back then (hahaha) but this totally saved my ass! I really love the matte look it gave me and it didn't look chalky. Plus it's a STEAL, super inexpensive and great for girls who are just starting out with make up and can't afford the more expensive brands like MAC, Clinique, etc!

on 11/30/2009 5:49:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Medium

This is a great finishing powder, and it works pretty well on its own as well :] when I first started using it it looked cakey JUST on my nose for some reason... but now it seems to work really well, keeps my face matte better than anything else I've used.
Also, peach glow is a perfect match for my pale skin ^^
Packaging isn't that much of an issue for me, doesn't seem to have been destroyed yet :P

on 11/29/2009 9:47:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

So overall i like this product, it has a silky finish too it, its true to its name, so its matte, it claims to minimize pores, but that doesn't really work on me. for almost 4 bucks at walmart, its a good price. the packaging it kinda cheap and bad, i feel lik the top can easily fall off and even though i just bought it, it has some crack around the edges, but i like it so far

on 11/29/2009 12:03:00 PM

Its oil control is average, with light coverage and no strong fragrance (to my nose at least). I buffed it on with a flat top badger brush, but it didn't really sink into my skin- it sat on top and looked powdery. About an hour later, once my skin had produced a bit more oil, the powdery look settled down.

I give this 1 star because it did look ok on, but it seriously broke me out. Within a few hours of putting it on for the 1st time, my chin was covered in white pimples and the rest of my face was red and irritated. Let my skin clam down and tried it again a few days later, just to check. It did exactly the same :(

Summary: Don't use this if you're sensitive to bismuth! But if not, try it, its cheap and it might look less powdery on someone fairer.

on 11/29/2009 11:50:00 AM

i love this powder!! <3 <3
i bought it at walmart for a very cheep price ;)
my colors in silky beige, theres not a big color selection
it doesnt control my oil up to 5 hours like it says
it controls maybe for 3 hours but thats cool
i put this on to set my concealer cuz i dont use foundation, and it gets the job done!
i hate the packaging, but love the product!
i wont buy again cuz i dont like getting the same things again haha lol

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I was expecting this to be really bad after buying the new stay matte foundation because i was disappointed with that, but i actually quite like this powder. I have it in silky beige and it gives a nice finish. Great price too, i think i got this for about 3-4 on offer.
Not bad at all.

on 11/22/2009 6:51:00 AM

I love, love, love this pressed powder!! I have it in Sandstorm and it matches my skin color pretty nicely. Lately it's been getting cooler and less humid where I live, so this powder has been lasting me all day without getting oily! It makes my skin look a lot smoother, matte, and even. A big bonus, for me, is that this powder doesn't break me out AT ALL. Packaging sucks. The lid comes off very easily and not very ideal to take around with you... but at the price I get it for, I have no complaints. Definitely recommend!

I have super oily skin and was looking for a powder that wasn't too heavy. I found this at Target for $5 and bought the transparent. It works great for the price and is not too heavy. It doesn't really stay matte for 5 hours, more like 2 or 3, but for the price I can live with that. It is smooth and looks natural.

on 11/10/2009 7:02:00 PM

I don't find this powder THAT good at all... i have seen rave reviews on it, so i went and re-purchased it (I hadn't used it since I was a clueless teenager starting out with makeup). My skin has become quite oily of late and I am willing to try anything to keep the shine at bay!

I use this powder over Revlon Colorstay Foundation for Combination/Oily skin. I first dust the powder on gently with my MAC 150 brush then I pat some more powder around my nose, chin, and forehead with a Cosmopolitan synthetic sponge. I find I am oily again within 2 hours. I don't believe in leaving products to grow old and mouldy so I will continue to use this until I hit the pan but I doubt I will be repurchasing this.

Also, the lid is not good. A screw-top or a secure pop-top lid would be much better than the on that is presently on it. The lid is flimsy and comes off so easily, therefore I cannot carry this with me in my bag.

*sigh* My hunt for the perfect shine-controller continues! :)

Video Reviews & Tutorials