July 31, 2014 | 2095 users online

Pressed Powders - Rimmel - Stay Matte Pressed Powder

rated 3 of 5 on 3/10/2007 11:10:00 PM More reviews by edensxangel

Packaging isnt bad , color for ivory tones is a bit to dark i look like i got a bit of a light tan on , id give i 3 .25 if i could , its not the best but definatly not the worst powder foundation , sponge applicator is for the birds lol , umm coverage could be a bit better but it was nice its so fine and u dont have the cake age even on my oily t zone ! i use a kabukki brush for the more coverage not to much tho or you'll look like a clown ! but id buy again just the color is a bit off mostly why i didnt like it

rated 2 of 5 on 3/7/2007 2:53:00 AM More reviews by peppergirl

I hated this. At first it seemed promising, but it oxidized quickly and I really disliked the consistency of the powder. I threw it out halfway through because I just couldn't wear it any longer. Inexpensive, but there are definitely better products out there for the same price. Would not repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/3/2007 6:38:00 PM More reviews by Wendykitty

I don't know why but I bought this.I wanted to see if it was any good I guess. I like it except for the fact that it seems to make me oily. So what the hell is the point of using it.It does not cake or settle into lines it has good color not to pink.I will not buy this again but will use as a backup instead until it runs out I will just be sure to carry oil absorbing sheets too.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/28/2007 1:38:00 PM More reviews by punkgyrl

I was a tad skeptical at first cuz the price was so low, but after reading all these reviews, i thought Id give it a try. I bought the transparent colour and when I first applied it with a brush, the powder wouldn't get on my brush. It's some krazy pressed powder cuz I had to swirl it around a million times before I got a decent amount of powder onto my brush. But that's not a big deal to me. The color was ok with me cuz I have very light, yellowish asian skin so I didn't notice any change of colour once it was put on my face. I also have combo skin so it did get rid of the shine on my tzone and made the rest of my face matte which i liked. I found that it had better results once i put lotion on my face before i put the powder on. So far so good, no itchiness or anything. I would probably buy it again.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/26/2007 11:15:00 PM More reviews by Xuxa13

Next to MAC blot powder, this is the best pressed powder I have ever used. I have the shade "Sandstone" and it's a perfect match for my yellow-undertoned, pale skin. It's scented but it's not a bad scent. It gets rid of the greasies and as someone else said, it doesn't sit on top of your skin, giving you that scary/cakey look. True, the packaging is a little awkward and it doesn't come with an applicator of any sort, but that's no big deal to me. I either swirl my own brush over it or use the puff that I threw in there when I bought it. I'll buy this one again.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/26/2007 10:28:00 PM More reviews by juanitaaloha

Very affordable (4-5$ CAD). I guess they make it more affordable by cutting some stuff out - this does not come with mirror nor sponge, so not the greatest product for mid-day touchups. It is a pretty good powder to set foundation though, and as a finishing powder, it does makes my pores aroung T-zone appear smaller. The texture of this product makes for a better application with a brush anyway, so I guess that's why there is no puff with it. It's decent product, and does cut down on oiliness. Still looking for a better product though, so I'll pass on buying this again.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/23/2007 11:47:00 PM More reviews by chaachawuman

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Not the best, but can hold me over until I run out. But when I do run out, I'm trying something new.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/16/2007 6:27:00 PM More reviews by octer

This is the best powder i have found. It has a very nice finish, is *excellent* at preventing shine, and does not BUILD UP or look chalky like most powders. It feels nice on the skin and does not irritate. It is truly a transparent color that will not add unwanted color to you complexion, and its cheap.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/9/2007 6:52:00 PM More reviews by razzberryjr

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Stay Matte Compact Powder Foundation (in the square ivory container, with puff): This has pretty good coverage, it lasts a few hours, and I don't think it makes me break out. Sometimes I think it's a bit too matte though, and I might have bought the wrong colour because it's a bit too grey/beige for me. Oh, and I dropped the container a few times and now it won't latch closed properly, but all in all, I like this powder, and I might buy it again.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/2/2007 8:19:00 PM More reviews by Beckie410

I am reviewing the Stay Mate "Compact Powder Foundation".....It is different then the pressed powder that is in a round compact...The compact is a square ivory container. I just happen to love this foundation though. I apply it with a buki brush and I get really good coverage. And the price is reasonable.
I use this for work and ID Bare Minerials for my evenings and weekends.