Clinique High Impact Mascara

3.6

water, copernicia cerifera (caranuba) wax, stearic acid, glyceryl stearate, polyisobutene, silica, acrylates copolymer, aminomethyl propanediol, vp/eicosene copolymer, sodium hyaluronate, lauroyl lysine, pantethine, melanin, panthenol, hydrolyzed wheat protein, ethylhexylglycerin, hydroxyethylcellulose, calcium aluminum borosilicate, pvp, propylene clycol, acacia senegal gum, isostearic acid, simethicone, dimethicone peg-8 polyacrylate, urea, disodium edta, bht, sodium dehydroacetate, methylparaben, ethylparaben, propylparaben, isobutylparaben, phenoxyethanol, benzyl alcohol, [ /- iron oxides (ci 77491, ci 77492, ci 77499), mica, titanium dioxide (ci 77891), blue 1 lake (ci 42090), aluminum powder (ci 77000), carmine (ci 75470), chromium oxide greens (ci 77288), yellow 5 lake (ci 19140), chromium hydroxide green (ci 77289), bismuth oxychloride (ci 77163), bronze powder (ci 77400), ultramarines (ci 77007), ferric ferrocyanide (ci 77510)] [iln 30012]

This mascara is weird. It has good days when my lashes would long long and thick and bad days when my lashes looked like spider legs. I prefer a mascara that only has good days.

on 5/26/2008 9:43:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

I was a fan of Lancome Mascaras for a long time. But I got a GWP of this and I love it!! It really makes my puny lashes look thicker and longer. Even my mom commented and she never comments on my makeup. She said it made my eyes look bigger. Do they make this is waterproof?

on 5/20/2008 2:17:00 PM

I like this mascara...it's definately not one of my favorites, but I think it works pretty good, especially for the price, it's cheap.

on 5/20/2008 4:17:00 AM

I got this as a sample with some other Clinique purchases, and I was very impressed! I have a love-hate relationship with mascaras. And, I have tried SO many (maybeline great lash, chanel inimitable, too faced, dior, benefit badgal, the list goes on...). Also, I am surprised by the cheaper price tag. I have been used to paying upwards of at least $25 for mascara and have always been somewhat disappointed. This separates well, curls, and goes on thick, but not so thick that it gives that Tammy Faye look! I will def repurchase!

on 5/17/2008 5:34:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I bought this randomly and while it gives my lashes seperation and doesn't clump or flake on me, I just wasn't getting any sort of "impact" that I wanted. My lashes looked a bit average. If you are looking for dramatic lashes, this is not it. If you want something demure and soft, give this a whirl.

After testing out many, many different mascaras, I find this one to be my all time favorite. I got it on a whim when my mom got a flier in the mail to get a free clinique giftset when spending $20+ at the stand at the mall, so I got this. I basically do a smokey eye every day, and this makes it look amazing. Even though it is $15ish, I think it is well worth it.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I was quite surprised by this product. I didn't like the High Impact in Brown - I guess the colour was a nothing colour for me and it seemed to bother my eyes. The black however was a very good black, highly pigmented (I was surprised by how dark a black it was when I went to take it off!), and goes on very nicely. It doesn't clump, and gives me long, pretty lashes that stand out I guess due to the darkness. It didn't flake with me, and it seemed to last right to the end of the day and my eyes felt great. I received this as a GWP and frankly, I am becoming more and more impressed with Clinique - the price is right, no scent, and the makeup never bothers my skin or eyes. If only all their skincare would work as they claim, I would be an even more happy camper!

UPDATE: Yup, this caused irritation to my eyes big time, something I do not expect from Clinique. Throwing it away.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

I was very disappointed with the lasting power of this mascara. It goes on beautifully and is the FIRST mascara to not clump up on the brush (I never have to wipe the brush off) or on my lashes (they always come out longer and perfectly separated with no clumping). However, in a few hours it flakes off like crazy and settles into the creases under my eyes. Also, a little bit of moisture (rain, eye drops) will make it run. Too bad because it really does go on beautifully... but I always regret it when I look in the mirror at the end of the day. :(

on 5/8/2008 2:21:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

I got this as a GWP and I'm really impressed with it. It added volume, definition and a bit of length to my lashes with no clumping, flaking or smudging. I can even forgo using my Tweezerman eyelash comb when I apply this stuff, which is unusual. My boyfriend even complimented me on how good my lashes looked, which is also very unusual. He doesn't often notice stuff like that. I might have to invest in a tube of this stuff when the sample runs out.

I wear this masacara when I do not wear my Clinique - Naturally Glossy mascara. I think it is nice and do not have a lot of the problems others have mentioned. This does not flake or smudge for me. I wipe off the applicator before applying and it is not clumpy. One coat usually does it for me and my lashes look plump and gives them pretty definition. Sometimes I do not even curl my lashes when I am in a rush and this does not make them go straight like other mascaras I have tried. I also do not have any problems removing this mascara. Most of the time I can remove the majority of this mascara with warm water before I cleanse my face. If there is any left over after that I just scrub over my closed eyes with Philosophy's Purity as I'm finishing cleansing my face and it comes off nicely. Overall, I really like this mascara. In the Clinique family it is my 2nd favorite.