Cetaphil Daily Facial Cleanser (Normal to Oily Skin)

3.5

Water, Sodium Lauroyl Sarcosinate, Acrylates/Steareth-20 Methacrylate Copolymer(thickening agent), Glycerin, PEG-200 Hydrogenated Glyceryl Palmate, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Butylene Glycol(preservative, PEG-7 Glyceryl Cocoate, Phenoxyethanol, Masking Fragrance, Panthenol, PEG-60 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Disodium EDTA, Methylparaben.

on 1/2/2005 11:51:00 PM

Even though I have combination skin, I decided to give this a try. It's wintertime here, so I can't attest to how well it controls oilier skin I get when it's summer. Surprisingly, for a "normal to oily" cleanser, it didn't dry out my skin as much as other cleansers do (Clinique's rinse-off foaming cleaner). It's a clear liquid gel that doesn't foam, so I suppose that's why. It's very good at taking off make-up, but all I wear is concealer and eyeliner. About 2 pumps is the amount I use. It doesn't do anything for the blemishes I already have, but it hasn't made me break out; my skin has been fairly stable since I've began using it.

on 1/1/2005 10:52:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I normally use Obagi cleanser & it works great. I was looking for something less expensive but this burns my face! I thought Obagi was supposed to be harsh so I was surprised that this bothered me.

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Well I think I have this down to a science now with Cetaphil cleansers. This one for normal to oily skin SHOULD IMO be labled for very oily skin only. I have normal skin with a shiny T zone but geez! This stuff left me drier than the desert! Not to mention that my nose got oilier trying to make up for the lost moisture. However, the regular cleanser was just a bit too moisturizing and I felt like my skin just wasnt all the way clean. This stuff also has a very strong smell like alcohol and hairspray which doesnt bother me but it is kinda annoying soooo, I mix this w/ the regular cetaphil cleanser and it is just right. Cleans the oil and gunk off your face, doesnt leave it tight or dry, and tones down that "masing fragrance" as it is listed in the ingredients. since it is winter maybe it will be fine on it's own during the summer months. If you really do have oily skin though and want a basic cleanser that takes off MU and nasty gunk w/o spending a fortune than this is pretty good!

on 12/22/2004 6:30:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I bought this product and have been using it for a week. The first few days, I felt irritation/my face stung. My face DOES dry up with this, and today my face cracked really dry. Really bad. I was shocked to see my skin so cracked in the mirror. I do not like this product and do not know what the rave is about this product, but all I can think of is people probably like the fragrance from this, but it's not all that in any way. It works to remove makeup, but I can use a regular Dove soap anyway, which is less drying than this. I expected better than this. I also broke out a little on my chin and right side of my face. I am not buying this again.

on 12/21/2004 7:26:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

I've been using this for a few months. I use it at night to take off my makeup. I use this and rotate it with Biore Cleanser at night. The fragrance is a little more than I would want, but I've gotten use to it because of the results I've gotten with it. The price is also very good.

on 12/15/2004 1:37:00 PM

This is the best cleanser out there - witout a doubt. It is simple and the packaging isn't fancy, but it works! I have struggled to find a good cleanser for my slighly oily, sensitive (and blackhead prone) skin for years. I always found oil control cleansers very drying and too harsh for my skin. This one finally did the trick and I have stuck to it ever since. This cleanser is also great for normal skin, however, and I would recommend it to anyone. Unlike the regular Cetaphil cleanser, it is effective in removing both makeup and cleansing your skin thoroughly.

on 12/13/2004 10:17:00 PM

Possibly the most repulsive product I've ever used. The smell is just disgusting, like a toxic spill. And the texture -- yuck. I can't even tolerate a whiff of this stuff. Good thing it's cheap, because I was thrilled to chuck it in the trash.

on 12/9/2004 12:53:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I really wanted to like this product, but after using it for a week it made my face break out horribly. I went back to my old cleanser, and my face is thanking me for it. No way could I recommend this to anyone.

on 11/30/2004 12:22:00 PM

Overall Rating: 4

Price: 3

Packaging Quality: 4 - you can't really go wrong with a pump

General Comments: Seems to cleanse effectively; I have combination skin. I've been cleaning my face with it for about six months now and I haven't noticed an increase in acne problems as a lot of other girls have said below. It does not strip my face of moisture, which is a huge, huge plus. Smells bad, but I don't really mind it.

Buy Again?: Yes, until I find something better. continued >>

on 11/27/2004 1:14:00 PM

Once I got over the fact that this smells like cheap hairspray, I decided that I really like this cleanser (so far). I've been using it for about a week now. It gets my skin SUPER clean, and it doesn't seem to be drying it out. I do use a light moisturizer after cleansing, so I'm sure that helps.