November 27, 2014 | 1359 users online

Cleansers - Cetaphil - Daily Facial Cleanser (Normal to Oily Skin)

rated 1 of 5 on 10/28/2004 12:23:00 PM More reviews by bella1

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

altough this *might* be a so so cleanser, the SMELL....ugh!
the fragrance in this is SO strong, & in my opinion does not smell good either. stronger than some perfumes I have smelled!

rated 1 of 5 on 10/26/2004 1:44:00 PM More reviews by Muggie

Age: Unknown Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I was looking for an relatively inexpensive cleanser and thought this would be a good one. I have very oily skin and it took two washings before my skin felt clean. My skin also broke out after using this. It did not work for me!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/26/2004 1:32:00 PM More reviews by rossjen

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Ugghh. Liked this initially, but after a few weeks, this has proven to be so harsh and stripping on my skin. It is literally like washing your face with detergent. I have had great success with the original cleanser and the cream from Cetaphil, but this one is such a disappointment. I will stick to the unfragranced products for my sensitive skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/24/2004 2:51:00 PM More reviews by lrthomps0630

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This cleanser is the only thing that finally calmed down my freaking out skin. It got rid of all my breakouts (I was getting a new breakout every day) and has left it the most clear it has ever been. I don't mind the price either since I've spent three times this amount at the department stores and they didn't do the job. I find it takes all my makeup off when I use a facial brush with it to lightly exfoliate. My definite HG!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/23/2004 More reviews by annie108

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

This cleanser works wonderfully on my normal to oily, acne-prone skin. It cleans all of the dirt, oil, and makeup off; doesn't leave a film like the original cetaphil; doesn't irritate my skin at all; and leaves my skin feeling really soft and nice.

I kind of like the scent, although it's not spectacular.

After reading other negative reviews, I'd say this probably will only work if you actually have normal to oily skin, like it is intended for.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/18/2004 2:13:00 PM More reviews by Trin

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I love this cleanser. It doesn't cause me to break out and it doesn't irritate my skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/16/2004 8:17:00 PM More reviews by bett

Works well on my mostly normal skin - doesn't feel greasy and doesn't strip my skin. Definitely a HG for me!

UPDATE: I've been using this for years now, but my skin has other needs - firming, softening, etc. and I have moved on to other cleansers... but it was decent when I was in my 30s

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 10/7/2004 5:34:00 PM More reviews by Tresha

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is a gel cleanser for the face, but I actually found it to be quite stripping/drying. It made my skin purge oil like crazy after I washed with it! And my skin's ph balance felt totally off! I was expecting way better from Cetaphil. The other Gentle Skin Cleanser from Cetaphil has been my hg for years. I use it on my body, when my face is feeling dry, and to shave my legs, and I like that one way better because it really is gentle. It's the cleanser that has a lotion consistancy w/ a flip top cap, so get that one if you need something truly gentle. Also, I tried to use up this Normal to Oily Cleanser as a body wash, and my skin was all red and irritated after. This doesn't happen with the other Cetaphil cleanser. It's easy to confuse the two in the store, so be careful when choosing the right one.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/7/2004 2:25:00 AM More reviews by katm11

I hate the way this product smells! The pump doesnt pump enough so I had to pump it 2-3 times which caused bottle to fall over. I liked regular cetaphil cleanser but want something to foam up a little. I'm on a search for great smelling great foaming non irritating cleanser-this isnt it.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/28/2004 12:35:00 AM More reviews by sorka

Hi All,
I have to say this is the best I have yet to try on my face. I went to the dermatologist and he told me I have acne! Yikes! I got occasional pimples and some whiteheads but never thought of it as acne. Anyway, he told me to throw out anything that comes from a pharmacy, becuase their all crap (that's what he said!)I looked astonished, so he explained. He said they are out to make a buck but don't really help the cause. And being 28, and trying everything(including mario badescu, vichy, chanel and Joey new york just to name a few), he gave me a prescription for Cetaphil. I asked him if it was the same as the over the counter one, and he said no. He gave me a more concentrated one that the pharmacy had to mix themselves (took over 20 minutes). Anyway, you put it on your face morning and night for 5 monutes and them wash it off. It's really great. It worked so well for me, I haven't had a pimple since. But this stuff works wonders! And I also paid $37.00 can for it, so i's not the stuff on the counter. But I recommend you ask your doctor about it!