August 29, 2014 | 1740 users online

Cleansers - Cetaphil - Daily Facial Cleanser (Normal to Oily Skin)

rated 5 of 5 on 10/18/2004 2:13:00 PM More reviews by Trin

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I love this cleanser. It doesn't cause me to break out and it doesn't irritate my skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/16/2004 8:17:00 PM More reviews by bett

Works well on my mostly normal skin - doesn't feel greasy and doesn't strip my skin. Definitely a HG for me!

UPDATE: I've been using this for years now, but my skin has other needs - firming, softening, etc. and I have moved on to other cleansers... but it was decent when I was in my 30s

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 10/7/2004 5:34:00 PM More reviews by Tresha

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is a gel cleanser for the face, but I actually found it to be quite stripping/drying. It made my skin purge oil like crazy after I washed with it! And my skin's ph balance felt totally off! I was expecting way better from Cetaphil. The other Gentle Skin Cleanser from Cetaphil has been my hg for years. I use it on my body, when my face is feeling dry, and to shave my legs, and I like that one way better because it really is gentle. It's the cleanser that has a lotion consistancy w/ a flip top cap, so get that one if you need something truly gentle. Also, I tried to use up this Normal to Oily Cleanser as a body wash, and my skin was all red and irritated after. This doesn't happen with the other Cetaphil cleanser. It's easy to confuse the two in the store, so be careful when choosing the right one.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/7/2004 2:25:00 AM More reviews by katm11

I hate the way this product smells! The pump doesnt pump enough so I had to pump it 2-3 times which caused bottle to fall over. I liked regular cetaphil cleanser but want something to foam up a little. I'm on a search for great smelling great foaming non irritating cleanser-this isnt it.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/28/2004 12:35:00 AM More reviews by sorka

Hi All,
I have to say this is the best I have yet to try on my face. I went to the dermatologist and he told me I have acne! Yikes! I got occasional pimples and some whiteheads but never thought of it as acne. Anyway, he told me to throw out anything that comes from a pharmacy, becuase their all crap (that's what he said!)I looked astonished, so he explained. He said they are out to make a buck but don't really help the cause. And being 28, and trying everything(including mario badescu, vichy, chanel and Joey new york just to name a few), he gave me a prescription for Cetaphil. I asked him if it was the same as the over the counter one, and he said no. He gave me a more concentrated one that the pharmacy had to mix themselves (took over 20 minutes). Anyway, you put it on your face morning and night for 5 monutes and them wash it off. It's really great. It worked so well for me, I haven't had a pimple since. But this stuff works wonders! And I also paid $37.00 can for it, so i's not the stuff on the counter. But I recommend you ask your doctor about it!

rated 1 of 5 on 9/27/2004 11:21:00 PM More reviews by mich52331

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

It cleans well but burns the eyes too much for me to continue use. The fragrance is very strong!

I've switched to the Target generic version, which cleans the same but is gentler on the eyes with less fragrance.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/2/2004 2:04:00 PM More reviews by HarryP

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have normal/dry skin and I really like this cleanser for morning use. It is great to remove small traces of oil that have collected on the face while I was sleeping, but don't expect it to remove any makup! I have noticed that if I stray from it in the mornings, my face starts to break out a bit. I am staying with this product until my skin decides it is ready to move on.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/26/2004 11:32:00 AM More reviews by dasani012

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I've been using this product for the past week and I haven't really noticed a difference in my acne prone skin. The is expensive for a drugstore product. The packaging was very disappointing. The pump nozzle is very flimsy and does not distribute a lot of liquid. It also did not wash off all of my makeup at the end of the day. I had to wash like 4 times to get everything off. I would not buy this product again.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/25/2004 11:29:00 AM More reviews by chefgirlardee

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is wonderful on my greasy acne scarred face. This clear cleanser does not foam much nor does it have a pretty scent, but it does clean my face real well without stripping it or leaving a residue. I have not experienced any irritation or breakouts from using Cetaphil. I have noticed if you have stubborn make-up on, it helps to wash with a washcloth or wash twice. My only complaint is that the pump is a little flimsy for me.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/17/2004 3:51:00 PM More reviews by denise1105

I always find myself going back to this product if something I try doesn't work at all. I have had my doctor and dermatologist tell me to use this. I always get antsy though there are all these cleansers on the market that will control oil, I try them, they don't work and I go back to Cetaphil