August 23, 2014 | 1003 users online

Liquid - Giorgio Armani - Luminous Silk Foundation

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/26/2003 3:30:00 AM More reviews by Aphrael813

Convenient pump bottle which can be difficult to manipulate especially if you need only 1-2 drops per application. Beautiful foundation - sheer coverage, luminous dewy finish as promised, but did not hold up to a full day, "separating" at about 10-12 hours after application. This is reasonable, but at that price I'd expect it not to budge, especially in winter and I don't have particularly oily skin. Also lack of SPF takes points off. It's hard to apply with fingers as it dries relatively quickly, and it doesn't wash off a sponge easily so you have to use a new one almost every time, not to mention wasting product. Great color match in #4. I swapped mine away since I found my HG in VLWC creme beige for winter and Mirenesse emulsion pact SPF 25+ in Vanilla silk for summer.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/20/2003 6:15:00 AM More reviews by mkatrina

This is the best foundation ever....I used to love Chantecaille so I stocked up on it...After this, I'm not sure what I would do with my other Chantecaille. This is truly the Holy Grail!!!!yay! EDIT: After trying #6 for a few days which for some reason looked really green on my MMM skin, I have decided to try #5.5 which was definitely a better match...Warning: for those interested in trying #6 make sure you get a sample because I really think it has green undertones on it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/20/2003 1:03:00 PM More reviews by Pauloy

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I stayed away for too long! Surprisingly, having Armani at the Bellagio which is just down the street, doesn't get me in there often enough. When I finally had the time and inclination to go, I checked out the Bronze summer stuff, decidedly purchased the creme blush and two lip glosses and while waiting for them to ring up the purchases, finally decided to try out the LSF.

Oh, I'd read/heard a multitude of raves and well, liking other Armani cosmetic products, believed them. It's just that with Vegas heat, I can't stand anything on my face other than blush, eyeshadow and lipstick (of course, the barest minimal amount of moisturizer and sunblock). So. I'm not a foundation girl, and really, I don't feel the need for it most of the time.

A few samples of #7 and #8 later, I'm in awe and in shock of it's effect! It's beautiful, smooth, silky and did I say beautiful? It truly evens out the skin tone, primes and makes a wonderful canvas of your face before the paints go on.

Well, I'm not a true convert yet. I don't think I'll be wearing LSF on a daily basis - it seems more appropriate for occassions, but it really is lovely. LSF #7 and Fluid Sheer #3 have shot to the top of my list, while Becca goes down, burning.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/20/2003 4:43:00 AM More reviews by blushed

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Pretty slick packaging for a foundation. Love the looks and the pump dispenser.
I got this in LSF#5 which fits fine, although it may be a little too dark on extra pale days but otherwise, I think it fits me perfectly. Love the way it looks sheer yet it's buildable. Gives great coverage despite the sheerness and the glow and radiance is unbelievable! At my age, anything that gives great glow and radiance is a HUGE BONUS! However since it goes on so evenly and looks so un-cakey and natural despite layering, it's easy to go overboard and apply too much. I really like this foundation. Until now, I haven't really found a foundation that I actually ENJOY APPLYING! I do have oily skin though so I need to blot quite often. Funnily enough, because I have combo-oily skin, I prefer LUMINOUS finishes so that when my OILY areas shine, the Contrast isn't so great and noticeable to the DRIER and therefore MATTE areas of my face.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/19/2003 11:20:00 PM More reviews by mendlmt

I know everybody loves this foundation and I really wanted to too but unfortunately it made my skin look blotchy and it comes off too easily for my needs.

I tend to go for more "Stay Put" foundations.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/19/2003 12:19:00 PM More reviews by NYer

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I just recebtly started wearing foundation for fun. I have this in 4.5 [Becca Cashmere]which is a little more peachy than the 4. Using this over their Luminous Make up Base SPF13 primer, applied with a wet sponge gives the most gorgeous finish I've EVER had. You only need a little and the pump is so handy for that. If you buy no other foundation, get this one!! Available at Saks.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/19/2003 10:53:00 AM More reviews by bellebelle

This is a great foundation for dryer skin. Complexion appears flawless (if applied w/foundation brush you can purchase). But, it is a heavier foundation and would not recommend it for the summertime. Tends to get oily. Do not like the packaging becuz you cannot open the bottle and probably wind up throwing out alot.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/5/2003 6:34:00 AM More reviews by Janine

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I'm in the minority. This didn't work for me. I've got combination/oily skin and LSF accentuates my pores and made me shinner than ever. And it didn't really offer much coverage.
I got this from duty free at S$49 which is around US$20+. Love the price but too bad it didn't work for me.

Love the sleek packaging though.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/3/2003 1:34:00 PM More reviews by dixonkatharine

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is my new Holy Grail foundation. To know how much I like it, lets just say I am such a foundation whore ;) that I have NEVER repurchased one. I have always been looking for one that is just a bit better. This I will repurchase, even though I have to order by phone to Chicago or NYC and it is pretty expensive. I used #1, and it is the best match I have ever found for my PPP skin.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/30/2003 4:05:00 PM More reviews by jalin

Oops, thought I had reviewed this, I was hoping to reference my earlier comments about this when reviewing the MSF...oh well!

Anyhow...LSF had super coverage, and a dewy finish. This works better for me in the fall/winter because I live in a humid climate and I could see it getting greasy in the hot weather.

The shade selection is great, and the texture is very nice. Thumbs up, I wish they could combine the coverage of the LSF with the texture and finish of the MSF! :) continued >>