November 21, 2014 | 942 users online

Liquid - Giorgio Armani - Luminous Silk Foundation

rated 4 of 5 on 10/1/2003 9:39:00 AM More reviews by hIkky

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

ok, i admit: i bought this due to the raves on p'ville. when i finally have it, i tried abit on the back of my hand & cant detect anything special at all (nope, no angels descending the sky) so i didnt really care for it much (same applies for becca lsc). finally, i applied the lsf today & im in love
thumbs-up:

-live up to its name of being both "luminious" and "silky"

buildable coverage from sheer to medium without looking cakey or patchy

please moisturise well / apply a makeup base. otherwise, blending is more challenging & color may oxidize slightly

i dont like the opaque bottle as i like to see how much product remains
i truly love this product, but if i must choose, i'll still stick with my first love VLWC =) continued >>

rated 4 of 5 on 9/30/2003 10:43:00 PM More reviews by caralyn

First, the positives. This foundation is incredibly easy to apply and melts into a beautiful finish that makes my skin look like it was meant to look - even without looking masky. #4 is a perfect color match for my NC20 skin. It looks great all day and I found it *very* easy to apply.

Now, the negatives. The main drawback to this (as many others have noted) is that it settles into pores. I have some noticeable pores on my nose and this stuff just sits right on top of them. Not good.

However, because I love the way this looks on the rest of my face, I was willing to experiment a little to see if I could get this to work for me. I have found that the trick is to apply this *very* lightly on my nose. As long as I don't overapply, this looks great.

Bottom line, anyone with large pores should definitely sample before buying to see if it will work for you. If it does work, it is just beautiful!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/29/2003 6:35:00 PM More reviews by jeanki

Very interesting stuff, this foundation. Definite highs and lows, but overall a unique and worthwhile product. Pros: very smooth, light texture, good color selection, decent light coverage, dewy soft finish, no pore-clogging ingredients/not acnegenic. Relatively easy to wash off yet long-lasting. Cons: faint makeup-y odor, gets more shiny as time passes, no SPF, doesn't really melt in/can look masky, difficult to control pump, pricey. I think it's OK for my combo skin although I do get somewhat shiny. You still need concealer for dark spots/scars. I wouldn't call this a holy grail product, but there isn't anything else I've tried that is similar to this either. The MA matched me as 4.5, which is a touch light for me but hardly noticeable. (light medium with peach/yellow undertone)

rated 5 of 5 on 9/26/2003 10:19:00 AM More reviews by pbanh

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I love this foundation. It's lightweight, looks natural on and also stays on. It's a bit pricey but for the quality of the foundation, I think it is worth it. I use this with my Jurlique Silk Dust and the combination is perfect for me. Would definitely repurchase when I run out.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/24/2003 2:58:00 AM More reviews by msjene

I live in Hawaii and we don't have the Armani Line yet...though I'm dying to get it...I will jump ship in a heartbeat and work for them. I absolutely love this foundation. A customer who went to NY brought back samples of the #5.5 (light/medium yellow based beige) and #6 (medium yellow tone...no pink). It evened out my skin (good texture, few sun spots, few acne scares, oily), looked totally natural (I usually like heavy makeup...I'm a makeup artist, so I can even get that to look pretty natural). It wore incredibly well in spite of it's slightly oily texture. I didn't even have to use it all over. The secret to this foundation is to use just a tiny amount and really work it into the skin. One of my best friends just picked up the LSF #6 and Foundation Powder #4. I will only be using it when I want to look flawless. BTW: I don't use heavy foundation anymore because I liked how this one looked!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/19/2003 3:55:00 PM More reviews by grenadine_00

A-ha! So I finally understand the hype. Visited SFA ny this past weekend, received a makeover, courtesy of Johnny(who is great). Walked away with LSF #5.5 and the microfil loose powder - glowing dewy skin sans oil/grease, even on my combo skin, and lasted an entire night out atop the Gramercy Hotel with pre-hurricane winds. Absolute rave.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/7/2003 1:23:00 PM More reviews by ellenf

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Oh I wanted to like this. No, I wanted to LOVE this.

BUT...

It smears on unevenly and seems to illuminate my pores and imperfections instead of providing a healthy glow. I am sorely disappointed. Perhaps this foundation would be good for a younger woman (I'm 44), but for me it's just not worth the $.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/7/2003 3:39:00 AM More reviews by ILOVEDIOR

Could this product end my endless search for a perfect fluid foundation? i think for now.. yes it will put it to a rest! MMM, normal skin, gives flawless finish under ANY lighting!! i'm dead serious about this.. maybe the GA loose power on top could have helpe a little. goes on really smooth even without primer... MA was praising about its moisturing side but the weather is still pretty warm here so i'll update once the fall weather rolls in. UPDATE: forgettabout what i said. thought i liked it.. but i think i was in denial because payed so much for it. color is nice.. but that's about it. no good with hot humid weather. don't use it with armani powder unless you wanna look like an orange head.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/5/2003 11:06:00 AM More reviews by myyong

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I have been using this for the last month and I like it very much. Not nearly HG status though, because it shows up the flakes on my nose pretty badly. But where it goes on smoothly, it is really beautiful!

No sunscreen though, which is a shame. Coverage is light, rather than sheer. It blends with my skin quite easily, either with fingers or brush. Doesn't shine or illuminate too much, just gives the impression of glowing healthy skin. Great selection of skin tones too, very natural.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/3/2003 3:25:00 PM More reviews by queenakrene

I have a sort of love hate relationship with this product. Let me start off with the love.....great color match for my very odd coloring (neutral, but I am chinese so I have a little more yellow base, but also a little pink. I use number 6 which evens out the red and does not clash with my yellow undertone. The foundation also gives the effect of very, very healthy skin, especially when used with a foundation brush. And it covers well even when you use a small amount. It also does not change color.
The downside is that it can sometimes be a bit too luminous for the day. Makes you look oily in the day but great in the night. The price really make my blood boil ($46) along with the fact that the pump container can't be openend so you can't really control the amount of product or get the last few drops of foundation.
I think I will buy the matte version the next time....when I have some money to really splurge.