Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk Foundation

3.8

AQUA / WATER, CYCLOPENTASILOXANE, GLYCERIN, ISODODECANE, ALCOHOL, POLYGLYCERYL-4 ISOSTEARATE, ALUMINUM STARCH OCTENYLSUCCINATE, CETYL PEG/PPG-10/1 DIMETHICONE, HEXYL LAURATE, DISTEARDIMONIUM HECTORITE, PHENOXYETHANOL, ACETYLATED GLYCOL, STEARATE, MAGNESIUM SULFATE, ETHYLHEXYL METHOXYCINNAMATE, TRISTEARIN, CELLULOSE GUM, NYLON-1,2 LIMONENE, BENZYL SALICYLATE, LINALOOL, DIPHENYL DIMETHICONE ACRYLATES COPOLYMER, PARFUM / FRAGRANCE, DISODIUM STEAROYL GLUTAMATE, METHYLPARABEN, BUTYLPARABEN, BUTYLPHENYL METHYLPROPIONAL, ALUMINUM HYDROXIDE, HEXYL CINNAMAL [ /- MAY CONTAIN CI 77891 / TITANIUM DIOXIDE CI 77492, CI 77499, CI 77491 / IRON OXIDES CI 77007 / ULTRAMARINES MICA

on 6/28/2004 3:20:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

This is an amazing foundation, unless you have oily skin, which i do. The yellow-based undertones of the foundation are perfect and the finish is great, but only if you exfoliate. Best results are applied with a foundation brush. I don't like the pump much as sanitary as it is because it squirts out alot more than I need. At $50 a bottle, i end up wasting more than i end up using.

on 6/24/2004 12:58:00 PM

I like this product, and over the last month I've sampled many! I used to love the Calvin Klein foundation (now discontinued) so I was looking for something similar.. lightweight, oil free, luminous. This delivers well - nice application, good colour range, natural coverage of imperfections, BUT I agree with many that it can feel oily later in the day. Sample pot is generous, so definately worth a go! Rather have CK again though.

on 6/23/2004 5:31:00 AM

I love this foundation!! It gives the skin coverage without making your face look "made-up", in other words it looks natural. I like the dewy finish it leaves on the skin. It also has some yellow pigment in it which helps hide the redness in my skin. The packaging is also great because it comes in a pump bottle, which means nothing is wasted and less mess. Wouldn't recommend this for somone with oily skin though (better off to get his matte foundation), but if you have dry/ combination skin, I highly recommend it.

on 6/15/2004 12:31:00 AM

I find this foundation a little too thick. (I prefer really light foundation; I usually use MAC face and body foundation). It gets more dewy (or oily??) as it stays on your face longer. I have dry skin so I like the dewy look. However, I really do think it actually gets oily. For its price, I don't think it is worth it.

on 6/14/2004 10:35:00 PM

Well, I LIKE the pump design - I get the perfect amount of foundation out of a single pump. Now I'm on roaccutane, and have quite dry skin, and have been VERY scared of using foundations because of this. However, I can use this one everyday over a light moisturiser, and my skin is really liking it. It's really soft and smooth! The only reason I didn't give it 5 lippies was the price - AUD$80, which is REALLY steep, but this stuff rocks. And I love the fact that, when used with a brush, I look radiant, with great skin, but don't look like I have makeup on. I guess the shade is just matched really well! (NC20 = #4 for me)

on 6/7/2004 12:34:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I have been using MAC foundation ever and this is the first time I tried GA mainly because of so many reviews had said it is very good. I brought #5 and it lives up to my expectation, although not exceedingly. I think this foundation has very good coverage and somehow it turns kinda powderly looking after it settles, so I don't need to put much poweder afterwards. However, it still feels kinda oily towards the end of the day.

on 6/2/2004 3:34:00 PM

I've always believed that drugstore makeup works just as well as department store makeup. Why pay more if I can look just as good with drugstore brands? But this is one of the few exceptions that I make. This is one of the best foundations I have tried in a long time. Makes my skin look beautiful even after I passed out with my face down in the carpet one drunken night.

on 5/18/2004 10:11:00 AM

I received a sample of this liquid foundation in Dallas. I'd call it an average foundation. The coverage was light to medium, and it looked divine once it applied but it only lasted a few hours, even with a primer underneath and powder on top.

on 4/30/2004 4:01:00 AM

I tried it after recommendation from a friend. I have to say that I have a combo skin and this might not be the best one to suit me. Anyway, I gave it a try and the colors are nice, but I was so stupid to buy the color the MA recommended me... Way too dark!! I'm a NC20 and I got number 5. That made me hate this as soon as I tried it again at home. Lately I found that it looks nice if I use the Blanc from Chanel all over the face before the foundation.

I need a retouch with a Chanel blot paper, but apart from this, it's one of the best foundations I've tried, if you find the right color!

on 4/24/2004 10:57:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

While this is not my HG (MK medium coverage foundation is), it is the best foundation for a luminous, sheerer nighttime look. It really is quite wonderful. It makes your face glow without making it look shiny or greasy. The coverage is pretty good and the color is great (yellow undertones)! The price is very expensive, one of the reasons why I use this only for special occasions.

Video Reviews & Tutorials