July 31, 2014 | 1954 users online

Liquid - Giorgio Armani - Luminous Silk Foundation

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/30/2003 4:05:00 PM More reviews by jalin

Oops, thought I had reviewed this, I was hoping to reference my earlier comments about this when reviewing the MSF...oh well!

Anyhow...LSF had super coverage, and a dewy finish. This works better for me in the fall/winter because I live in a humid climate and I could see it getting greasy in the hot weather.

The shade selection is great, and the texture is very nice. Thumbs up, I wish they could combine the coverage of the LSF with the texture and finish of the MSF! :) continued >>

rated 5 of 5 on 5/30/2003 12:06:00 PM More reviews by Kaalexa

This foundation is great! It provides good coverage and it makes your face glow. I have combination skin and personally I like the glow which some people shy away from (even with combination skin I don't think that it makes my face look greasy). I usally follow up with the GA loose powder (which is great also), but even when I don't wear the powder the foundation looks incredible. I know this is my HG foundation and a defenite "must try" for everybody!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/28/2003 1:13:00 PM More reviews by Maureen

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Brown

I was really about to swap this! I was! I bought it at the same time as I purchased an Aura Science foundation brush, and post-vacation, I just let it sit in its box, convinced I hadn't liked it that much (must have been the sticker shock). No wait, it was because I tried applying it with my fingers and did not like the consistency. Anyway, I dug it back out and applied it using the foundation brush and I can't get over it! I had pretty much settled on my MAC C40 and my Becca Olive - MAC is pretty opaque, the Becca more like a tinted moisturizer. This stuff is smack in the middle and lovely. Loooovely. Makes me look so even, so nice. Just opaque enough. I do believe I'm a little bit hooked. I got this in 6.5

I took one lipstick off based on the bottle being too fat to carry with me places, and for the price.
continued >>

rated 5 of 5 on 5/24/2003 3:22:00 PM More reviews by loulou9

I LOVE THIS FOUNDATION. I will never use anything else. It comes in a convenient sanitary pump, which is great, except for the times when you want just a little extra to dab here and there. The best part about this foundation is the completely natural coverage. It disappears into my skin, literally. It has medium coverage that is really buildable over trouble spots without ever looking conspicuous. Maybe best of all, it sort of makes your skin look like it glows. It just looks healthy - no shimmer or iridescence at all. I don't know how he does it. I have combination, breakout prone skin, and it doesn't make my skin break out. With powder on top, I find it leaves a semi-matte, but not at all dry, finish. Someone with oilier skin would probably want the matte foundation, but I love this!!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/17/2003 11:17:00 AM More reviews by kitty_catalina

GA make-up is worth every penny that you pay for it! This foundation is proof of the that fact. GA LSF foundation (I'm a 5) is a breeze to apply, provides even coverage, refines skin tone, and is long lasting. I had this last over 12 hours the other day! Topped w/ a little Fluid Sheer, it's incredible.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/23/2003 5:12:00 AM More reviews by mriaow

I really do love this sheer, glowy foundation. I alternate between the LSF and Matte Silk, or mix the two together. This gives the most lovely, natural dewy look, although I find powder to be essential along the T-Zone to avoid excess shine. It's very sheer, so strictly for good skin days. Feels featherlight and very comfortable on the skin, and the packaging is very elegant and chic.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/22/2003 2:31:00 PM More reviews by jhonenv

I don't normally wear foundation, so I don't know what possessed me to run out and buy 50,000 bottles for my wedding day, but at the risk of getting rocks thrown at me, you should all know that Armani LSF, which I eventually settled on, ruined my wedding pictures. Oh sure, the color (8) matched me well, but I am so blindingly shiny in my *&^%$%& photos that I seem to have been abducted by aliens. It was super greasy on me too, granted, my skin is combo at best. How I longed to love you, LSF, but you had to go and betray me.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/21/2003 12:34:00 PM More reviews by Kitz

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

My holy grail! I love love love this foundation. I find myself reaching for it almost every single day. It leaves my face looking so very natural, and yet it's still able to even out my skin tone and hide tiny imperfections. I have tried heaps of foundations, and honestly this is the best!

rated 2 of 5 on 4/21/2003 12:35:00 AM More reviews by skparis

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I had high expectations of this foundation but it was a real dissapointment.I have dry skin and am currently using Becca LSC and even Becca stick foundtion is better than this.I even tried mixing it with Becca shimmering skin perfector but it was still too thick.
It just sat on top of my skin and emphasised the lines on my face,especially around my eyes.
Luckily i didn't waste my money and actually buy this,i just tried a sample.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/16/2003 12:56:00 PM More reviews by ncdecolover

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Okay, I've now worn this famed foundation for a day and a half so think I'm ready to review it!

Pluses: (1) Wonderful color match (#2) for my PPP skin (2) Goes on very smoothly (3) Keeps the oil at bay on the center of my face, a significant accomplishment in my case (4) Gives my skintone that "glow" everyone has been talking about.

Minuses: (1) Heavier coverage than I prefer (I can't believe some people think this product doesn't cover but I've got pretty good skin and am used to reasonably light foundations. Yesterday, I used it full strength with a foundation brush but today I thinned it with a little splash of water and dipped my brush in the mixture in my palm. Like it much better today.) (2) Seems to dry quickly so you need to work fast to get it in place.

I'm not sure if I would go so far as to call this foundation my HG but it certainly is a quality product that gives my skin a very smooth, luminous look. Recommend highly!!

FOLLOW-UP---Have discovered that just one pump of this product is enough for my whole face. Two is too much and gives my skin a mask-like look. I love the GA LSF more and more every time I use it! That glow is just heavenly. continued >>