Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk Foundation

3.8

AQUA / WATER, CYCLOPENTASILOXANE, GLYCERIN, ISODODECANE, ALCOHOL, POLYGLYCERYL-4 ISOSTEARATE, ALUMINUM STARCH OCTENYLSUCCINATE, CETYL PEG/PPG-10/1 DIMETHICONE, HEXYL LAURATE, DISTEARDIMONIUM HECTORITE, PHENOXYETHANOL, ACETYLATED GLYCOL, STEARATE, MAGNESIUM SULFATE, ETHYLHEXYL METHOXYCINNAMATE, TRISTEARIN, CELLULOSE GUM, NYLON-1,2 LIMONENE, BENZYL SALICYLATE, LINALOOL, DIPHENYL DIMETHICONE ACRYLATES COPOLYMER, PARFUM / FRAGRANCE, DISODIUM STEAROYL GLUTAMATE, METHYLPARABEN, BUTYLPARABEN, BUTYLPHENYL METHYLPROPIONAL, ALUMINUM HYDROXIDE, HEXYL CINNAMAL [ /- MAY CONTAIN CI 77891 / TITANIUM DIOXIDE CI 77492, CI 77499, CI 77491 / IRON OXIDES CI 77007 / ULTRAMARINES MICA

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

This foundation is the BEST. I've read many reviews about this foundation. I tried a sample and now I'm hooked. I've used both Prescriptives Custom Blend and Bobbi Brown (stick, liquid, and oil-free compact) foundations. I have to say that this is the best. I don't feel like I'm wearing makeup. My face looks radiant and my blemishes are totally covered. It's amazing. I also use the sheer powder. I don't have to refreshen my makeup, like before.

I have combination skin. I use LSF #11 and sheer powder #5. It's great!

one of the best sheer/light liquid foundations availble. great array of colours. looks natural and provides light to medium coverage.

LSF is a true godsend for me. I find it a little runny but it applies effortlessly and achieves a flawless, weightless, satin finish. I'm a PPP/LLL and use #2 or #3 (barely see any difference between these two shades)... this foundation has never made me break out and although it's slightly moisturising, I find it has oil-controlling properties too cos I always seem to have less overall shine at the end of the day. Absolutely adore this makeup... cannot rate it highly enough. Expensive but worth every cent IMHO. For the first time ever, I wish I could rate this six lippies! :)

Love, love, lOvE this. I finally caved in and bought this after MAC's Hyper Real broke me out. I'm glad to say it was worth all the time spent rummaging my couch for pennies...cos dang, this stuff is NOT cheap! This is heaven sent - provides light to medium coverage with a healthy, luminous, but not OTT *glow*. Since I've started using this, I've gotten compliments after compliments ( Complimentor - 'Everytime I see you, you just look better and better' Me -'Eh????' LOL) which is amazing because my combo skin is not that great to begin with. I use No 5 - a tad bit lighter than my skin tone - since I wear makeup all day long at work and foundation tends to darken on me as the day goes on. I dab a little of GA's luminous make-up base before application and set using GA's No 1 powder. The micro-pearl texture is out of this world, spreads evenly with no patches. The MA recommended I use a foundation brush to apply, which I was a little hesitant with at first, since I can never get an even finish before what with my (lack of) brush application skills. However, with this...it's easy-peasy! From being a 'treat' item to be used once in a while (the price! the price!!!), this seems to have replaced MAC's Hyper Real - which I did like a lot, shame it just didn't agree with my skin - and BB's Moisturising Foundation as my staple. I suppose it's a good thing that a little goes a long way considering the frequency with which I'm reaching out for this. I guesse some people may not quite like the 'glowy' finish but this is liquid gold in a bottle for me. Will definitely repurchase.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I have ben wanting to purchase this forever. I was sure that as soon as I got GA LSF my endless search for a foundaton that I love would be over. I was so disappointed! This would be a great product for someone with lovely skin--not for someone trying to actually cover imperfections. I would say it is very close to Px Virtual Skin...The quest continues..

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure

Had high hopes for this due to the voluminous positive reviews, but it didn't work that well for me. Am disappointed, as the MA's @ Saks LA were lovely, and very helpful, and their lipsticks are wonderful. Great color match (LSF 4) for my fair, ruddy, Irish skin, but it clung to every flake (am a dry girl) and didn't provide quite enough coverage for broken capillaries and brown blotches. In addition, the price is pretty steep, and the product itself is very hard to find (what do you do when you run out and don't have time to trek all the way to Saks?). This would be great if you have normal, good-looking skin, but then why would you need foundation anyway? Chanel's Vitalumiere worked better for me, and is cheaper and easier to find. Ended up returning the LSF. Definitely try before you buy--they are very generous with samples.

I’ve got 2 of this foundation: no.8 for summer (which it’s a bit too dark – no.6.5 must be better) and no.5 for winter. Mac NC 25-30.

I like its texture very much. It’s light, easy to blend and it gives you a dewy look). The color range is so impressive. It looks so beautiful on my skin, but after some hours my skin starts getting oily, that doesn’t happen when I use my other foundations. More, I think it causes me break out. I paid 37euro for this and IMO at this price it has to be perfect, but unfortunately it is not.
Color clone from HR gives you the same effect but it doesn’t break me out.
I swapped out both of them..and won't buy it again.

This is my HG foundation. I have combo skin and this realyy suits my skin very well.I like it.

Wanted to find a foundation to replace my Loreal Translucide which I have worn for years. I think it's a good foundation but doesn't last so wanted to spend some money on a really great foundation. I bought #4 and the colour is perfect - no lines or tide marks and very blendeable. Smooth skin, not too glowy. Almost perfect, wish it lasted just a little longer, by the end of the day my flaws start to show. I'm just hoping I get a perfect colour match with another shade in the summer, when I'm darker.

I had my wedding makeup down at the Armani counter and I absolutely love my wedding pictures! LSF was subtle and gave me a finished and glowing look that lasted all day! I love the LSF for that though it can be temperamental. For example--I have to moisturize to make sure it doesn't settle and flake on dry areas but not moisturize too much so that I look shiny. Also, I've been breaking out (not usual for me) lately so I'm taking a break from it and waiting to see. Worst comes to worst it'll probably be my foundation for special occasions only. A bit steep for the money but the results are fantastic!