Burt's Bees Lemon Butter Cuticle Cream

4.3

Not tested on animals
Burt's Bees is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

***NEW FORMULA: sweet almond oil, beeswax, lemon peel oil, cocoa seed butter, candelilla wax, tocopherol, sunflower seed oil, rosemary leaf extract, soybean oil, beta-carotene, canola oil, vegetable oil. ***ORIGINAL FORMULA: Sweet Almond Oil, Beeswax, Lemon Oil, Tocopheryl Acetate, Tocopherol Vitamin E, Cocoa Butter, Candelilla Wax, Rosemary Extract, Beta Carotene

Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure

My cuticles and hangnails have been ragged for years. I picked up this product and was sorely disappointed after using it for a couple of weeks. "Yet another piece of cr*p product," I thought. Then, I took a good look at my nails a few days later. Clearly, I was wrong, as my cuticles have never looked this good and my nails look a healthy pink. Honestly. This product is dirt cheap, works so well, smells so good and can be multitasked (ie. nails, lips, little dry spots on the skin), it should be a staple in every makeup bag. Would purchase again and again.

on 1/3/2004 1:38:00 AM

Greasy and gritty. Made me need to wash my hands. Felt overyly sticky too! Did not moisturize well. Stick to the lip balm. Bad packaging too. Should be in a lipstick tube.

This is great for dry cuticles, and if you have dry hands, like me. It's supposed to work for dry & brittle nails, too, but I haven't noticed a difference so far. I love the lemon scent, and the tin is kind of annoying, but what other container could this come in? It seems like it was destined to be put in a tin.

on 1/1/2004 6:34:00 PM

This is my favorite nail care product so far. I've tried other cuticle treatments and this one is the best smelling and least messy of all of them. I just rub some on each nail before bed and I have a very nice, light lemony scent on my hands as I drift off to sleep.

on 1/1/2004 12:59:00 AM

I have dry skin, and dry cuticles, especially during winter time. This cream has been working great for me. It makes my cuticles look yummy and my nails seem to be healthier. A bit greasy when first applied, but got absorbed in a few minutes. The scent is also lovely. A product that I can't live without.

on 12/30/2003 7:12:00 PM

Nothing special about it, a tin of solid oils with lip-balm like feel. Like most Burt's Bees products, it's best quality is the scent, which is a nice soft, soothing lemon. It does work well to soften and moisturize, too.

on 12/27/2003 7:57:00 PM

This stuff rocks, it's way better than Burt's Farmer's Friend if you're only targeting your cuticles. I haven't had any problems opening my container, it's totally not greasy (especially compared to Farmer's Friend) and it soaks in really fast. The moisture may not last extremely long, but it does leave a pretty shine on nails. And if the lovely lemon smell bothers you, it dissipates by the time it soaks in too.

on 12/22/2003 10:34:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

the only recommending factor I could find for this stuff (and the only thing that kept it from a one-lippie rating in my book) is the scent -- very pretty, like lemons, and I'm a total sucker for things that smell nice. I don't know much about the price since it was a gift, but from what I understand about Burt's Bees it is probably pretty reasonable. The container totally sucks, you can barely open it at all -- a little metal thing that doesn't twist, but pulls. Forget it. The cream itself isn't a cream but more in the way of a pasty, waxy, oily balm. Hard to spread and no discernible effect on ANYTHING. Impossible to get off your hands. Save your money, buy something that works!

on 12/17/2003 2:51:00 PM

This stuff works wonders for preventing hangnails and softening cuticles. It's dirt cheap, but smells slightly herbally. I use it daily and love it.

on 12/15/2003 1:41:00 AM

Love the smell. It works great.

Popular Treatments