September 18, 2014 | 1670 users online

Crème - Revlon - ColorStay Whipped Creme Makeup

rated 3 of 5 on 7/18/2012 8:54:00 PM More reviews by happiegurl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Oh man, I tried. I have combo skin and my cheeks can get dry. I've been looking for a foundation that looks like a better version of skin, but when applying this foundation with a foundation brush, it accentuates the dryness and flakiness of my cheeks. Up close, it looks cakey. From afar, it evens out my complexion pretty well. A plus that there's no SPF since my skin reacts to it.

NOTE ON COLORS: I e-mailed Revlon and they replied that the colors with warm undertones are Warm Golden, Natural Tan, Early Tan, Caramel (dunno why lighter shades aren't on this list). In addition to perusing MakeupAlley, I've been watching YT reviews in an effort to find the right color for my skintone. Surprisingly, I've seen a range of light- to darker-skinned girls use the same shade (usually Warm Golden or Natural Tan) and they all say it's perfect for their skin tone. Can someone check this out and please explain in another review? I have Warm Golden and it's too light, but a comment on one of these vids has said that the colors are pretty forgiving.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/18/2012 8:07:00 PM More reviews by beautyisalive

I don't like to wear foundation but I kept hearing so many good things about this so I had to try it.....and its amazing I love it! I won't stop using this anytime soon. For those who are a nc30....I just went to Mac to get matched this week and they said I was a nc30 so what I'm wearing in this foundation is warm golden....I don't know if you should listen to anyone else who says they are nc30 because it is the summer and they could have tanned and got darker...I've seen some of them wearing darker shades so I hope it helps!

rated 2 of 5 on 7/18/2012 6:56:00 PM More reviews by poshpepper

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Grey

Unfortunately this product just didn't work for me. I have given it a few chances and tired different application methods but I can’t get it to work on my skin. (For reference I am about N10 and combo skin)
The color Ivory is an almost perfect color match for me, actually it is one of the closest matches I have ever gotten in a foundation, which makes me even more sad that it didn’t work for me.
I love the feel of this foundation when applying, it feels very silky and light going on, however after about 10 minutes on my skin it feels so heavy and mask like, I have a sudden urge to wash my face.
The other issue I have with it is that when I go to set it with powder the foundation is disturbed and becomes patchy looking (the first time this happened I thought maybe I didn't let it "set" long enough, but it happened again the next time even when I allowed 15 minutes between foundation application and powder).
I have found that it works pretty well as a spot concealer, and I have used it that way on occasion, however I have other concealers that work better.
I am disappointed that this product did not work for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/18/2012 2:46:00 PM More reviews by SandraCarterr

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

The BEST foundation i have ever used. It legit feels like butter when you put it on your face, but it melts into your skin so well. The coverage is alright i would still have to put concealer on my scars and blemishes but it looks flawless after i apply it. This foundation actually lasts a good 8 to 12 hours, never really had it on for 24 hours. I also set it with a powder just because i have oily skin, its not totally oily w/o a powder i just hate even the little bit of shine on my face. The packaging is ehh, the jar makes the product look like theres more then wats actually in it and its kinda heavy, wouldnt recommend keeping it in a purse, id just scoop some out and put it in a lil container. But this product is just absolutley amazing, deff reccomend this !

rated 5 of 5 on 7/18/2012 2:26:00 PM More reviews by lstrlica

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Absolutely love this foundation. Looks great on, easy to apply! I use the garnier bb cream as a primer and this on top and it looks so natural and just perfect! I apply with a real techniques brush and goes on flawlessly! Last ALL day!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/18/2012 12:56:00 AM More reviews by palefawn

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Grey

I used the Colorstay liquid for quite some time and I was really excited when I found out they were coming out with this whipped foundation. I was a bit wary at first, just because of the 'whipped' texture, I thought it could look cakey or something on my face.

But, this stuff is awesome. I wear the lightest shade and it's a good match, the only thing I wish Revlon would do (and other drugstore foundations) would be to cater to different undertones, kind of like how L'oreal did with their True Match.

It glides on really smoothly, and you don't need a lot to cover your face. It's different from a 'mousse', it's a lot smoother and when you open the lid, it almost looks like a liquid until you press your brush into it.

I love the coverage it gives, and one thing that I have always loved about Colorstay is how is literally STAYS put on your face.

It can feel a little heavy and 'wet' almost, like after you apply it, but setting it with some sort of powder takes care of that for me. Overall I love this foundation.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/18/2012 12:47:00 AM More reviews by mruth87

I was somewhat leery of purchasing this, after reading about the packaging. Well, I decided on buying it anyways (I did have a coupon) and I couldn't be more happier with my decision. I had been wearing the Revlon Colorstay liquid in buff for quite sometime now and it has always been my favorite. I've honesty tried all different kinds of foundations (expensive and cheap), but I always came back to Colorstay. I was more impressed with this one compared to the liquid for several reasons...This product goes on a lot smoother and is way easier to apply to your skin. Its very easy and effortless to apply the product evenly. The coverage is amazing and it takes very little to achieve the right coverage. You never feel like you are wearing a mask or that the product is too heavy for your skin, it still feels like your skin can breathe! Which is a huge relief, because I hate the feeling of the "foundation mask." I think this one stays on A LOT better than the liquid formula, which really confuses me because it feels so light! I don't know what is in this, but my skin has been looking better than ever at night when I wash my makeup off! You have got to try this if you are looking for something that is quick & easy to apply, feels light, and lasts all day!! :)

rated 5 of 5 on 7/17/2012 10:40:00 PM More reviews by yessy2323

I love this product the only thing is that the color made me look a bit grey. But I think I got it too light. I love the texture and it's so easy to blend it gives me a nice soft complexion look. I can't get over how smooth the product glided on my skin and it covers up my acne scars and hyper pigmentation very well. It's a must have!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/17/2012 4:36:00 PM More reviews by PeachFuzzz

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

This is pretty decent foundation. Aside from the heavy packaging, I would recommend this. I have oily skin but I don't want heavy coverage. I definitely think you could do medium/full coverage depending on how you apply it. You really only need a little amount to cover your face.I would suggest using a stippling brush. I was one the lonely few that didn't like CS foundation because of how heavy it was but this is different. It stayed on my face and didn't add to my oily skin. I wish there were shades with more yellow! However, warm golden seems to match my NC 30-35 skin . I set this with Ben Nye Banana powder and it looks ok.

**EDIT*** Probably won't use this anymore. As the day goes on my skin looks awful. Very blotchy and uneven. It feels heavy too. This might be for people who want a heavier coverage and less oily skin.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/17/2012 11:57:00 AM More reviews by BeachBunnieXO

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

This foundation is worth much more than what they're asking. I made the mistake of using my foundation brush, and while it did look glorious on my face, it used up about 10x as much product as it did when I just scooped a tiny bit out and used my fingers. I was absolutely amazed at how well this foundation blended and spread, and covered! I have marks on my skin from acne when I was a teenager and this covers them completely. It stays tacky long enough to blend perfectly and then like magic, it sets. I love the gorgeous silky finish. It stays on beautifully, even through my 8-9 hour bartending shifts I also sometimes use it at my eyeshadow primer when I'm in a rush and need to get out the door. It doesn't crease all day! I still prefer the Revlon Colorstay Mineral Mousse as my eyeshadow primer but this is the next best thing. I am warm golden, which is actually quite a bit lighter than you would think from the name. It's not too yellow and it's a really natural color. It strangely goes perfect on my neutral-tannish skin color. I do recommend setting this with a powder but it's not really necessary. Maybe later in the day use a powder. By far the best drugstore foundation I've ever used!! And the jar is gorgeous on your vanity!