Revlon ColorStay Whipped Crème Makeup

3.9

Dimethicone, Isodecyl Neopentanoate, Water, Isododecane, PEG/PPG-19/19 Dimethicone, Trisiloxane, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, C13-16 Isoparaffin, Adipic Acid/Neopentyl Glycol Crosspolymer, Boron Nitride, Dimethicone/Bis-Isobutyl PPG-20 Crosspolymer, C10-13 Isoparaffin, Glycerin, Salicylic Acid, Tocopherol, Lactobacillus/Eriodictyon Californicum Ferment Extract, Cymbidium Grandiflorum (Orchid) Flower Extract, Lilium Candidum Bulb Extract, Malva Sylvestris (Mallow) Extract, Sodium Hyaluronate, Silk Powder, Alumina, Polyisobutene, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Dimethicone/Silsesquioxane Copolymer, Cyclodextrin, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Silica, Methicone, Sodium Chloride, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Propylene Carbonate, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Silica Silylate, Silica Dimethyl Silylate, Tetrasodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol, Caprylyl Glycol, 1,2-Hexanediol --- MAY CONTAIN (CI 77019/Mica, CI 77891/Titanium Dioxide, CI 77491/CI 77492/CI 77499/Iron Oxide, CI 77947/Zinc Oxide)

on 8/21/2012 10:30:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

I honestly cannot believe how amazing this foundation is! I was slightly skeptical at first but once I tried it it was definitely my go to. I've tried too many foundations from Sephora to count and all just so so. I'd been wearing covergirl but it made my skin too oily and start to breakout in the summer. I have to say this foundation makes my skin flawless. It keeps my skin matte and perfect, which with my oily skin is very hard to do. I scoop out some with a qtip and use the back of my hand as a sort of palette. I apply this with a flat topped foundation brush in a swirling motion. It gives me a flawless look and never feels cakey or heavy. I've worn this to football games in 100 degree weather and it still looks amazing. A little goes a long way with this. I highly recommend this!!!

on 8/21/2012 5:27:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse

This is a great foundation. I love Rev CS liquid but this is even better! For ref I am an NC35 in PLW, Tawny in ELDW, 310 +330 in Rev CS. I have very oily skin and i live in a hot and humid tropical climate.

Coverage: Gives a medium to full coverage. Covers my moderate acne scars well and I can skip concealer.

Finish: A semi-matte finish.

Application: Great using fingers and F80 sigmax. Gives a flawless airbrushed look. Great blendability, applies like a dream-smooth and creamy doesnt dry quickly. Gives room and time to blend properly. Texture is luxuriously thick creamy-puddingy...LOVE, the texture! Feels lightweight and airy and doesnt feel mask-like as compared to Rev CS.

Shade: I got this in 330 which is a shade darker than me, with a strong pinky undertone. I have yellow undertone. Far from being a match, but once blended, you can get away with it. Will be trying out 320 in warm golden soon.

Wear: Holds up on my very oily skin for at least 12 hours, even then it has faded only slightly. Controls oil reallyx8 well. Wore it at 7am and by noon I was not the slightest bit oily. That is a miracle on my very very oily skin.

Removal: The only downside is removal. I feel that this leaves gargantuan traces behind even when cleansing with Clarisonic. My cotton pad still is dirty with this foundation. So, double-triple cleansing is important so that it doesnt clog pores. So far with proper cleansing, I have not broken out from this.

My new fave. I hope 320 matches me better. Highly recommended!

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Iv read bad and mixed reviews on this foundation, but I had to try it myself......I honestly have nothing bad to say about this foundation, I like it...it has good medium coverage, it reminds me of like whipped cream, and it just melts into your skin and blends like a dream, I have dry to normal skin and acne prone skin and I didn't break out or get oily and I stayed very matte but I do use a face primer,setting mist and set with a powder so that might help me out too. Some mention this foundation being ''heavy or thick"" its not heavy or thick at all to me, iv heard the same thing about the first color stay and I don't find that thick either, but it might be because im use to wearing foundations I dunno. Its very natural looking and long wearing. And a little goes a long way, the jar is a lot bigger then what I excepted. The jar is kinda heavy but I don't care I don't tote my foundation everywhere I go anyway's. And it might just be me but it does have a "pesticide" smell to it or it smells like ant spray to me, it does die down but I do smell a hint of it.

Overall I like it and recommend it

I use EARLY TAN 340 in both the original and whipped

HERE'S A PICTURE---> http://s1073.photobucket.com/albums/w397/JessicaRabbit90/?action=view¤t=rrct4.jpg and FYI I even had some break outs in this picture, but the coverage was pretty good so its hardly noticeable or so i hope

on 8/20/2012 8:46:00 AM

I do believe I've finally found my HG :)

Pros:
* Great satin finish
* Keeps my zone looking matte ALL DAY
* Blends very nicely
* Lasts ALL day
* Good medium coverage

Cons:
* Heavy, glass jar
* Does feel slightly thick, sticky / tacky but not unbearable
* Not exactly the most anti bacterial as you'll be dipping your fingers directly into the foundation so make sure you wash hands prior to using!

Overall, it's a keeper! I had been using Maybelline Fit Me which was leaving my TZone a horrible greasy mess!

on 8/20/2012 6:52:00 AM

I do NOT like this. I was anxious to try it after reading some many great reviews, and, so I spent the 13.99 only to be disappointed. To me, it's an "ok" foundation if that. For the record, I am 46 years old, fair complected with normal/oily skin. I bought this in Ivory, which was a perfect match, BUT the problem I had/have with it is that on me it tends to seperate on my skin even after powder. Reviews raved how it is long wearing? not on me! it makes my skin feel greasy and it just does not give me a full coverage like I want. I won't waste it, but I won't repurchase it either. Sorry, but I am not a fan!

Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Warm

I am NC45 for reference and wear this in Caramel. It's a tad darker than I would like but when it's blended in it works.
As a die-hard fan of the original Colorstay, I have to say I am really quite pleased with this foundation. It blends into my skin like butter and feels like silk when its on. I have tried using a brush with this but I think fingers are the way to go as far as application. I would say that the coverage is medium to medium-full, I really don't think you can get full coverage from this so if that's what you're looking for, you might be disappointed. The finish is a beautiful satin finish, and my skin looks lovely and flawless when I use this (minus whatever discoloration the foundation can't cover).
The wear is amazing as well, and as I like to call it, it's "boyfriend proof" (you ladies know how makeup tends to disappear after getting cozy with your man). I was pleasantly surprised to see that it was still on after cozying up to my boyfriend! And even without physical contact and with my combo skin, it lasts beautifully throughout the day. No flaking, creasing, or settling into pores or lines. I only wish it came in a few more shades, perhaps something in between Rich Ginger and Caramel to suit me better but overall I quite pleased and will probably permanently revert to this from the original Colorstay.

Let me just say..that I have freckles, and sunspots and fine lines, so I have some pretty big issues that I need my foundation to address. I have worn BareEscentuals for years now, but it has just never given me the coverage that I want/need. Although, my Dermatologist loves it and recommends mineral makeup, and it works fine for me on a day to day basis...I need something that I can put on when I am going out on a date with the hubby or just feel the need to step things up a notch. I picked up this foundation for about $15 (which is pretty expensive for a drugstore!) and a flat top blender brush from Ecotools...the first time I tried it, I was shocked at how easily it blended, and how smooth it made my face look! I won't say that it "erased" my freckles/sunspots, but it definitely toned them down and that was my goal. I lightly dusted my face with mineral veil to set it (it's what I had on hand) and the very first time I wore it, my teenager (who rarely has anything nice to say) told me that my face looked really pretty!! This also hasn't broke me out. I think I've found my HG, it goes on easily, blends well, covers my imperfections and doesn't clog my pores...yeah that is pretty close to perfect!
I bought the color Ivory and it blended very well with my cool tone, fair complexion.

on 8/18/2012 9:22:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I really wanted to like this. I stalked it for awhile and finally decided to buy it. It just didn't work for me. I'm NC20 and have acne prone skin that's oily in the T zone area and used the shade Buff. I used a mix of Sand Beige and Buff in the regular Colorstay, but found this to run just a little bit darker. It covered well and had a good finish and I can see why people are so excited about it, but it just didn't do it for me. It felt extremely heavy on my skin and I was very aware I was wearing foundation which I don't enjoy at all. I didn't notice it breaking me out or anything, but my skin was acting up at the time anyway so I couldn't be sure. I ended up returning it, but I would still recommend it for others. It's worth at least trying.

I read so many good reviews on this product, same with the original liquid formula. I have the regular, and used it for a while, but it was just too heavy. I did like the coverage of it though. When I heard about the whipped version I immediately started watching tutorials and reading reviews. Everyone was raving so I had to get it! At first I thought it was great and I loved how easily it blended and went over my skin. (I have very dry skin so that's rare). I used it for a few days and I started breaking out. I did not think that it was linked to the foundation until, to cover the breakout, I used more of it. It got 10x worse. It was not just a subtle, small breakout either. I now will never touch this foundation again, and I am sad to say I am one of the only few that have had a bad experience.

on 8/18/2012 4:33:00 PM

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

I don't like this. I've changed my mind about it a couple of times but right now I solidly don't like it. Here's a situation where I think it would be great:
you have kind of pinky toned skin (don't know about the other colors but ivory is very very pink toned), your skin is pretty dry--maybe it would be better for winter?, you don't need to set it with a powder (again dry skin). But on me, it looks really cakey, it emphasizes every little hair follicle on my face, and it's just too moisturizing. I have oily skin so it's like a layer of thick foundation and then I set with a powder so it's even thicker. I think this would work if you have dry skin because your skin would probably absorb some of the moisture so you end up with kind of a less cakey foundation.