Revlon ColorStay Whipped Crème Makeup

3.9

Dimethicone, Isodecyl Neopentanoate, Water, Isododecane, PEG/PPG-19/19 Dimethicone, Trisiloxane, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, C13-16 Isoparaffin, Adipic Acid/Neopentyl Glycol Crosspolymer, Boron Nitride, Dimethicone/Bis-Isobutyl PPG-20 Crosspolymer, C10-13 Isoparaffin, Glycerin, Salicylic Acid, Tocopherol, Lactobacillus/Eriodictyon Californicum Ferment Extract, Cymbidium Grandiflorum (Orchid) Flower Extract, Lilium Candidum Bulb Extract, Malva Sylvestris (Mallow) Extract, Sodium Hyaluronate, Silk Powder, Alumina, Polyisobutene, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Dimethicone/Silsesquioxane Copolymer, Cyclodextrin, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Silica, Methicone, Sodium Chloride, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Propylene Carbonate, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Silica Silylate, Silica Dimethyl Silylate, Tetrasodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol, Caprylyl Glycol, 1,2-Hexanediol --- MAY CONTAIN (CI 77019/Mica, CI 77891/Titanium Dioxide, CI 77491/CI 77492/CI 77499/Iron Oxide, CI 77947/Zinc Oxide)

on 8/15/2012 12:25:00 AM

This is a great foundation for those with oily skin, the finish is mostly matte. I don't think it'll be good looking for people with dry skin. I have some dry patches between my eyebrows and it always looks cakey. It feels light and gives good coverage. I don't like the packaging but it's probably like that because the cream texture can't be used with a pump.

on 8/13/2012 4:28:00 PM

I love the texture of this and seem to get an awesome finish with my Soho Blending Sponge - another great drugstore buy! I'm very fair and got the ivory but will probably get the next darker color for the remainder of the summer (I have the slightest tan, very slight!). Looks great in natural lighting.

on 8/13/2012 4:01:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Super duper love this foundation. I chose Natural Tan and it's perfect. It's silky, has good coverage and lasts through out the day. I sweat rather easily which has always been a problem because my foundation doesn't last. However, with this foundation it still stays on. ^.^ It makes my skin look great and I would definitely buy this foundation agaaaain~

I just dislike that I can't really use brushes with this foundation because it looks off if I do, so I use my fingers. That's about it though. :)

on 8/13/2012 3:44:00 PM

I just had to try this! I have been a fan of Colorstay liquid for years, but recently it just stopped working for me-I think the formula has been changed. It began to look mask-like on me. But when the Whipped Colorstay came out-I was intrigued. It delivered everything I could ask for in a foundation. It went on very well-evenly and silky. The coverage is good and the color I chose, True Beige-is perfect. I'm an NC 35. The coverage went from my face to my throat seamlessly. I adore this product. It is a little expensive for a DS item, but so was the L'Oreal Magic Smooth Souffle-which is a comparable texture. Comparing the two, I prefer the ColorStay. The L'Oreal goes on pretty as well, but it disappears after several hours on me. I must add that the climate here in Texas is not very conducive for ANY foundation at all! We are having scorching days of heat reaching into the low 100"s. The Colorstay did not sweat off as easily as the L'Oreal-but I'm not spending any time outdoors, but even so, just getting in and out of your car will bring on a bad case of the sweats LOL! But I do think the Colorstay is the superior product. I would put it up against any HE foundation. I've tried them all. I've purposely avoided reading any reviews on this product, trying to stay as subjective as I can. Now I'll go on to read what other ladies are saying about this foundation. Believe me when I say this: I am very critical when evaluating foundations. They have to meet a certain standard with me. I have 58 yr. old skin that I've fought hard to maintain as wrinkle-free and as young looking as possible. I won't just slap on any old foundation. But I've found a winner in the Colorstay Whipped creme make-up!

on 8/13/2012 2:40:00 PM

I had been trialing the Lancome 24 hour Teint Idole makeup, which I thought I loved. However, even with the mattifying pressed powder (Translucense) I would still get oily after awhile. I actually planned to buy the full-size, but for a few weeks, they didn't have my color (Buff 220). I am NW18 per the MAC SA. I saw the good reviews for this foundation, and had some CVS coupons and decided to try it. I bought it in Nude 220 and Natural Beige 240. I think that the nude color is technically better on me, but either works, oddly enough. This blends seamlessly with my double wear concealer and I set it with the Translucense pressed powder. I've been applying with my fingers as I am terrible with liquid foundations and brushes. The combination (maybe it's just the foundation) is great for controlling oil. I went out bike riding with my kids earlier today for awhile and expected to be just a mess when I came back in. I looked just like I did after I applied the powder that morning. Awesome!! I deducted one lippie b/c I think this stuff is a tad drying. I have some flakies that I don't normally have. But I can live with that, for sure, as I'd rather have some inconspicuous flakes than a greasy t-zone by lunch time. I really like this stuff.

Oh, and it is very difficult to color match through the glass jar. I just got lucky, I think. I don't know about the other drug stores or Target and Walmart, but CVS will let you return makeup that doesn't work out.

I am acne prone and this stuff definitely doesn't break me out, which is something I was never sure of with the Lancome. I was suspicious that it did, but never totally sure (there are always more variables than makeup in my case).

As many before me have said, this is my holy grail foundation. So much better than the original colorstay, because it never looks heavy but covers just as well! I have tried so many foundations, high and low end, and this is the best of the best for me. I don't consider it expensive for what it does for my skin. I have a ton of acne scars, and just an over-all uneven skin tone, but this covers every bit of it, and with so little product. I spread a thin layer using a stipple brush, and then just stipple a bit more product over my problem areas, and my face is the closest to flawless it has and will ever look. This lasts all day, through heat and humidity too! I have never felt as comfortable in my skin as I do with this foundation.

on 8/11/2012 8:56:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

contains salacylic acid - if you're allergic like I am be warned! I should have read the label closer.

on 8/11/2012 6:56:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

When this product was new on the market, I decided to give it a try. The color selection was not as wide as I was hoping compared to the original colorstay foundations. I purchased shade 370 and 400 to try out. I realized I had to use much more product than normal, but it did give me a good finish. Although it did last a reasonable 8 hours, I do not believe it held true to it's 24 hour claim. I discontinued use because it caused me to breakout after about a week. Possibly because of the thickness of the foundation.

on 8/11/2012 3:45:00 AM

This. Is. It.

I've officially found my holy grail foundation. Sweet Smokin' Jesus, this stuff is a miracle in a jar! Revlon really hit it out of the ball park with this one. The first time I tried it, I just dabbed it on to some trouble spots, satisfied with the coverage it gave. But the next day, when I full on tried it and applied all over my face, I was shocked. My face looked flawless. Like, air brush flawless. My sister was like, "Holy crap, Caroline, your skin looks incredible." Indeed, it did.

The texture of this foundation is none like I've ever seen/felt. It's a whipped consistency, but it's also gel-like at the same time. I don't like dipping my fingers in there, but I always make sure to used clean fingers if I do. The coverage of this foundation is outstanding. It gives you more than enough to cover your imperfections, but enough to make your skin look natural and soft. It also has lasted on my skin for 16 hours, which is pretty damn good. Haven't tested it for 24 hours, but hopefully I'll never have to (cause momma likes her sleep). What I do is I take some of the foundation on my ELF powder brush, then stipple the foundation on my face and blend it all out. After that, I set it with MAC MSFN and bam, I have a clear complexion. The color I have it in is 220 Natural, which is a bit light but I just warm up my face with bronzer and I'm good to go. I also want to mention that this stuff doesn't feel heavy on my skin. Like, at all. The original colorstay felt heavier than this one ever does, even when my skin is at its oiliest. And on that topic, my skin does get oily through this foundation but only if I've worn it for over five hours, or if it's sweating balls of planets outside like today was bleh. But other than that it looks perfectly good on my skin for a good couple hours.

The price is a bit steep for a drugstore foundation. At a whopping 15 dollars at Walgreens, you kinda just think, should I take this money and just buy a foundation at Sephora? NO. This foundation is as good as it gets for me, drugstore brand or high end. The packaging isn't the most sanitary (esp. for a germifobe like me), but this stuff is worth every penny, and I will happily repurchase when I run out.

on 8/11/2012 1:08:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm

Im NC42 right now and got this foundation in Rich Ginger at Walgreens and its great color match. Rich Ginger is neutral toned but surprisingly works for me even though I have strong yellow south asian skintone. I have used Golden Caramel in the Colorstay liquid for a 12yrs now. I like this whipped version better than the liquid. In Texas heat whipped lasts longer and I blot alot less. I have tried many foundations: tarte amazonian clay in tan, estee lauder double wear in tawny, mac prolong wear, chanel long lasting foundation, rimmel lasting finish, lancome teint idole, avon perfect wear, maybelliene mousse, mufe body make up, you name it, ive tried in the end I always return to revlon. I finish this foundation off with Revlon's new aqua finishing powder in light medium.

Popular Crème Foundations