January 24, 2015 | 1855 users online

Crème - Revlon - ColorStay Whipped Creme Makeup

rated 4 of 5 on 8/6/2012 1:01:00 AM More reviews by Jobielee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Other, Straight, Fine Eyes: Other

I have been using this foundation for about a week now. I'm really enjoying it. I have oily skin that tends to break out. This helps keep my face matte through out the day and I don't use a powder to set it. I usually work 8-9 hours days and I have never had to re-apply. It lasts my entire day. I tend to be one of the lighter if not the lightest shade when it comes to foundations. So I didn't have too difficult of a time finding the right shade.
I will say this tends to apply best with clean fingers.

The only downside to this product is the packaging. It's big, bulky, and unnecessary.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/5/2012 10:09:00 PM More reviews by akd616

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I like the packaging. Feels expensive and heavy - leaves a nice matte finish and lasts a while on your skin. Didn't need to set with powder as it set to a very powdery finish. Not very expensive although a bit more expensive than standard ds foundation.

However, I had no perfect color match (I'm very fair with slightly yellow undertones), it didn't look attractive on the drier parts of my skin (I have combination acne prone skin), and it had the dubious distinction of being the first foundation I ever wore that broke me out. Ever. Three days after I stopped wearing it my skin was fine and for the two weeks I wore it, it was new breakout after new breakout.

I tried applying it with a stippling brush, a foundation brush, a sponge, and my fingers. No matter what the finish was too heavy and matte for my taste although the sponge application was best.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/5/2012 2:02:00 PM More reviews by Missmilli

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I was so excited to get my hands on this foundation, after reading some very glowing reviews. I found it at CVS, and although there were spots for the various testers, only the very darkest shades remained. It appeared that somebody had removed the lighter tester shades, as evidenced by dirty sticky residue remaining where they should have been. Well, if somebody felt the need to take them, then I can only hope they experienced a reaction like I did, as karma for stealing them!
Based on reviews, and where I generally fall within foundation shade levels, I figured I'd be either Buff or Sand Beige, or even a combination of the two. But, Buff looked pasty, and Sand Beige was too gray and made me look sickly. Had I really like the foundation itself, I would have pursued a better match, but my skin hated the stuff. I can only assume it was salicylic acid, as it caused a burning/itching feeling, especially on my chin. Just to make sure it wasn't coincidental to something else going on with my skin, I tried it several days after the initial use. Nope-it was the foundation. Within minutes, I couldn't run fast enough to the bathroom to wash it off. Not only did it cause a reaction, but I just didn't like the way it felt on my skin in general. I could feel it laying on the surface of my skin and it it was just plain uncomfortable. I couldn't imagine wearing it out in the CA heat either. I haven't been a fan of the original Colorstay, and this new whipped version did not impress me either. Based on shade selection, price, and the clunky jar packaging, I absolutely could not recommend this. I believe there are far better drugstore options.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/5/2012 1:19:00 PM More reviews by yankeerose

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have this in Sand Beige. Its the perfect color. It blends like a dream, a little goes a long way. I tried using my beauty blender...it took forever to get it looking right, my fingers blend it in quickly and perfectly. I love the way my skin looks initially, but by noon my face looks greasy and it seems that quite a bit of the foundation has either slid off my face or my skin absorbed it!!! I tried using powder to set it, but the same thing happened...by noon I looked as if I had no foundation on at all. I tried using the all-nighter spray from UD, that will usually guarantee me 6/8 hours of wear...nope not even that helped. I just can't condone applying foundation every 4 hours. So, won't be repurchasing. If they reformulate this, I would give it another try, but since its so popular I don't see that happening.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/5/2012 1:06:00 PM More reviews by BeckyWV

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I love this makeup! The texture is creamy, and it blends into my skin so well. Its easy to apply, seems somewhat moisturizing (but not too moisturizing), and makes my skin look flawless. Doesn't emphasize dry skin, lines, or pores like other foundations, and I love its satying power! Its the perfect foundation. I've been looking for a makeup like this for a long time, and I'm so glad I tried it!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/4/2012 6:39:00 PM More reviews by Connorsmom05

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I've been through an entire jar of this so now I feel qualified to review it. I have extremely sensitive, acne-prone and oily skin. I have tried almost every foundation out there meant for my skin type. Colorstay Whipped was by far the most natural looking foundation with good coverage and did not break me out. Like others, I've used Colorstay Liquid in the past. The coverage was great but I couldn't get past the fact that it looked obvious that I was wearing makeup. Another issue was the color. I agree with the other reviews that Buff in the liquid formulation has a strange greyish cast to it. I was forced to use Sand Beige which was a tad too dark. In Colorstay Whipped, Buff is the perfect shade for me. It blends amazingly! I apply it with my fingers and use a cosmetic wedge to smooth it out. For the first few weeks I was in love with this foundation. I noticed as time passed the consistency got thicker. I'm guessing it is because it is being exposed to oxygen on a daily basis by opening the jar. The last couple of weeks I used this the consistency was really thick which made the finish more like the liquid. I opened up a new jar today and it had the same lovely light texture I loved in the beginning. I'm not sure if it will help to stir it once it starts to get thicker, but I am definitely going to try that with this jar.

Overall, I really like this foundation. It is not quite HG, but it is the closest I have found so far. I have used other foundations like this - Loreal Magic Souffle & Maybelline Dream Matte Mousse and the Colorstay Whipped has less of a silicone feel than the other two. The price is decent. You can get it on sale very frequently so it is definitely best to buy it then. I also really like the jar. I know some feel it is not hygienic but I love the fact that I can get every last bit of foundation out of it. I will definitely keep buying this until something better comes along.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/3/2012 5:08:00 PM More reviews by hipster101

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Black

This gave me terrible breakouts in just one day! I think it's because of how much silicone is in it, feels and smells like plastic... and they didn't even have my shade, so it looked gray on me. Also, i realized i'd have to put layers and layers of it just to cover up one pimple. Not worth a single penny.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/3/2012 12:48:00 PM More reviews by april12345

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love this product. It gives good coverage and no cakey at all. Feel very good on the face. definitely will purchase it again.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/2/2012 11:21:00 PM More reviews by iamchristine

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I really like this foundation, i would def purchase it again!

I was getting tired of using some of my higher end foundations like Nars, MUFE, LM etc as "everyday foundations" so I began searching for a good drugstore foundation that I could use. For the prices that I pay for some of these higher end foundations, it really is a waste using them everyday especially when I have nowhere special to be going.

I have tried the original colorstay foundation before but I just wasn't a fan of it (it would break me out and i found it a little difficult to work with since it dries pretty quickly). This foundation is def easier to work with/blend into the skin and doesn't break me out at all. Some people use their fingers to apply this but i just use a brush. I have the shade "natural tan" and it blends in perfectly with my skin tone (im an NC30-35 in MAC). I did try the shade warm golden, which is the shade before natural tan, but found natural tan to suit me just a little bit better.

The lasting power is pretty good with a decent primer too (im using a sonia kashuk one, nothing fancy, and it holds up for about 8+ hours.

The only negative thing that I have to say about this foundation is the packaging. It's not very sanitary since it's in a jar, but it doesn't bother me too much. I keep the white cap that comes with it and usually take product off from there so i don't get any from the jar itself.

Ive been using this foundation for almost a month now and I'm very satisfied with it! It has become my new daily foundation.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/2/2012 10:17:00 PM More reviews by SydneyErinx3

I love this foundation! I love the quality of the formula & how it glides over my skin. I think it's a brilliant products & I would def. repurchase, Only con is that im not a huge fan of the glass jar packaging, but I just dip my stippling brush in and its buffs into my skin like a dream. I completely recomend this!