April 24, 2014 | 730 users online

Crème - Revlon - ColorStay Whipped Creme Makeup

rated 5 of 5 on 7/1/2012 10:28:00 PM More reviews by alisatakahashi

I LOVE THIS FOUNDATION SO MUCH.
I have oily skin and I don't even needs to set this with a powder. I don't even use primer anymore either and it still lasts a good 10-12 hours! IT'S AMAZING. new holy grailll. i apply it with my fingers.
It's a semi matte finish and is creamy and soft when applied.
im nw 25 and wear natural beige. the coverage is medium but really buildable. its really natural and looks like skin!
AHH LOVE THIS

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/1/2012 8:22:00 PM More reviews by eyeheartyou

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Very pigmented product so a little goes a very long way. I use Nude in the regular colorstay so I assumed Nude would work for this as well... turns out I was wrong. This one for some reason leans pink so it looks really bad on me. The first time I used it, it seemed like it did well to control my oily skin but that was the first and only time it did that because everytime I've used it since it does nothing. That coupled with the fact that I realized it looks very pink on me it's no bueno in my book.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/1/2012 8:17:00 PM More reviews by 8788xo

Day 2 of using this.and I really hope it doesn't cause problems because I love it! Used it with tarte's newest poreless primer, and worked very well.. I actually ran 2 miles in this, and then had an allergic reaction to something I ate (I was hysterical), but on the up side.. my face still looked pretty damn awesome! Normally my foundation is melting off my face when I run. Then, I tried it without primer/powder, result was not as great, but still pretty amazing (stuck to drier patches/settled a bit)..buildable coverage= less concealer. This product is also paraben free, which is great, because I'm allergic. Crossing my fingers, because I'm loving this stuff!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/1/2012 4:38:00 PM More reviews by darkeyedfran

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this yesterday morning so I cannot tell yall about how this wears on skin during the week, but I did put this puppy to the test yesterday by going swimming in it! I'm going to give you a run down of the application and wear and then I will compare to the original Colorstay.
I scooped up a little bit of product with a makeup applicator q-tip so that I would not contaminate the jar, and dotted this on my cheeks, my nose, my chin, my forehead, and my neck. I blended it out using a dense foundation brush (Tarte) and then set with a tiny bit of translucent powder (although I put a very thin layer it still felt too dewy and slightly sticky). I was absolutely thrilled with the fact that I didn't need that much product at all and that it was easy to blend, my face looked very natural but my imperfections were covered up beautifully. When I was doing my eye makeup I noticed that some oil was coming through my nose and I was very disappointed (I always prime my nose with the porefessional) I decided it would be a good idea to apply some more product and spread it out on my nose with my fingers. I topped this off with more powder and this really did the trick! I did not have oil the rest of the day :) I suppose it just needs one layer, powder, another layer, and then more powder for my super oily nose. I went swimming with this on and I expected it to be a mess on my face or be non-existent after my swim...nope...it was still there! It didn't transfer to anything and my skin even looked perfect after my hot shower! It was only until I was washing my face after my shower that the stuff came off. I'm very very pleased with the wear of this foundation and the fact that it endured so much.
I love this much more than any other foundation i've tried, be it high end or drugstore, and I prefer it over the original colorstay. The original colorstay made me look fake...in a really bad way...my skin did not look like skin at all and there was no way to sheer out the product for a more natural finish. Colorstay liquid dried too fast, and the bottle was hard to use...I had to pour it onto the back of my hand to use it and it got everywhere. I bought this new product in the shade Nude, my original colorstay is in the shade darker (natural beige) and these are about the same shade...except the nude is much more neutral undertone which goes perfectly with my skin! I did a flash test with these side by side...the original colorstay has a ghastly white cast to it, this revamped formula does not. I'm loving the improvements made to this product! I love the jar of this new colorstay, its not an issue for me to scoop out product, it's so luxe and i can get the exact perfect amount of product out very easily. I love pretty much everything about the wear and finish of this new colorstay, it has a satin finish but you can apply powder to make it more matte if you wish. I will update if anything strange happens to my skin.

4 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/1/2012 9:21:00 AM More reviews by betagal

I was using the new Chanel creme compact when I decided to give this a try. This foundation is actually much better - better color match, better blendability, better oil control. For some reason, Revlon's colors are always a good match - so many high-end companies seem to think women want to be orange. This is my new everyday foundation.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/1/2012 6:53:00 AM More reviews by GetSmart

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

This is absolutely fantastic. It isn't available in Australia, so I got it on ebay in the colour Sand Beige.

It is SO EASY to blend, unlike the original colorstay. It's pretty much fail-proof in the blending department. It is buildable. It gives you a semi-matte finish, more towards the matte side. A little highlighter, and it makes me look so much more youthful!

I like this more than the original colorstay.

Normally I have to powder a couple of dozen times throughout the day... but with this foundation, twice a day is fine! It doesn't make me oily... pretty much every other foundation does. I love it, and I will repurchase it a hundred times over.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/30/2012 11:36:00 PM More reviews by mayebear87

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This foundation is probably the best foundation in the drugstores. I always wear high end foundations (yes, I am a high end makeup snob, sue me), but was intrigued by this one. I bought it in the lightest shade, and it matches me very well. I like the feeling of this foundation, but trying to put it on is a little more difficult than my high end brand ones. It also looks cakey, and I didn't use much at all. You can really tell the difference from high end to low end foundations. High end ones are worth paying the price. I do like how this wore throughout the day though. It really was long wearing, and it did keep me pretty matte throughout the day, which is much needed since I am pretty oily and it's super humid here. I don't like the jar, it's way too bulky and unhygenic. Also, you don't get a full ounce with this one. So it's pretty spendy for a drugstore item. I like it, and will buy it again. But I will only be using this when I know I need a long wearing foundation, and for the hot/humid summer days.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/30/2012 11:04:00 PM More reviews by beauty121

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I don't know why everyone is complaining about the color. I bought this in ivory and it's a very close match for my super pale skin. A I really like the jar packaging because it holds a lot of product.

I've tried a bunch of ways to apply this and found that it looks best when used with a standard foundation brush or wedge sponge. It provides smooth medium to full coverage ,and although it's slightly difficult to blend I find that it makes up for the blendability with great 10 hour wear time.
It doesn't break me out, settle into my pores, or look cakey. I recommend it.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/30/2012 10:59:00 PM More reviews by Nicole1021

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is pretty good makeup with decent coverage but it's not for dry skin. A bit cakey and not dewy enough for me. Probably best for oily or combo skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/30/2012 10:30:00 PM More reviews by trinkket

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I have rosacea that is very difficult to cover. I was a fan of the original Colorstay liquid, as it did provide the coverage I needed, but at the end of the day, I could not wait to take it off. What's the point of "long lasting" if you can't stand the feel of it after 8 hours?

This has a much lighter feel, but still provides the coverage, and lasts well. I do set it with powder.

I did have to return the first color, natural beige, which I bought because that was the original Colorstay shade I used. Unlike other reviewers here, I found I actually needed to move down to the next lighter color, nude, which might even still be a little dark for me in winter. But I do strive for a very natural look, when I'm told it doesn't look like I wear makeup, that's a compliment.

I don't have a problem with the open container, and don't really understand the issue there. I apply with clean fingers, wash again after, and don't share. It's actually better than a pump or bottle for me, because I often wind up with too much from those type containers, and it just gets wasted. I even got about 3 uses just off the inside of the disposable lid when it was new.

Took off one lippie for the not-quite-perfect color match.

Thank you Revlon! Love this product.