November 28, 2014 | 1811 users online

Crème - Revlon - ColorStay Whipped Creme Makeup

rated 4 of 5 on 7/29/2012 9:51:00 PM More reviews by fullyclothed

I don't really use make up too often, I'm pretty new to it all and have struggled to find the right foundation. I've tried Maybelline's Fit Me foundation and countless others but nothing seemed to make a difference. I almost gave into buying expensive brand name foundations because I couldn't find one that worked for me, but I'm so glad I gave this one a try!

Pros: Does an AMAZING job covering flaws, provides full coverage, feels extremely smooth, relatively easy to blend
Con: A bit expensive but I think it's worth it, a bit challanging to find the right shade, looks a bit ashy on my forehead

Overall: Better than anything else I have tried!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/29/2012 3:27:00 PM More reviews by eadinsmo

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Medium Eyes: Green

I am really enjoying this foundation! I bought it last week in Sand Beige when Rite Aid had a 40% off sale. Great texture, but the color was a little too dark. I ended up paying full price at CVS for Buff, and taking back my Sand Beige to exchange for a backup of Buff.

I like the expensive-looking jar, and I assume they used a stay-at-home container because the foundation is supposed to be long-wearing. I'll still probably decant a bit into a smaller container for my makeup bag.

I love that this foundation makes putting on makeup so FAST. I just dip a finger in the pot, and smear and blend on cheeks, nose, forehead & chin. I spend a little more time above and below my eyes, but it's still much faster than the foundation I was using before.

I get a reasonably matte finish, but still do a quick swipe of powder on my cheeks and nose. It doesn't cover all my freckles, so I still have a pretty natural look - but it makes my nose pores VANISH and I love that!

It lasts pretty well on me, though not 24 hours through this heat and humidity (plus I have a habit of touching my face). It would probably last all day if I stayed in an air-conditioned office all day. It comes off fine at the end of the day with a Yes to Blueberries makeup wipe.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/28/2012 7:49:00 PM More reviews by pizzaslut666

so far, i have to say that i love this stuff. i have been using photo ready foundation, but lately it's been making me look too pale. I've noticed in pictures I've been almost gray-looking. read the reviews for this product and gave it a try. the price is a little high, but its good quality (plus I shoplift all my products anyways (; ) The packaging is bulky, but I like it. It makes it hard to lose in my purse. It's also not messy like some pump products or screw off caps, it doesn't get all over my other makeup. Would give it a 5 but have not been using long enough to test durability

rated 3 of 5 on 7/28/2012 5:44:00 PM More reviews by FrozenLips

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I bought this foundation at Rite-Aid for around 7$ because Rite-Aid was having a 40% off sale of Revlon cosmetics and I used a 2$ off coupon in addition. This foundation regularly retails from $10.99 to $13.99. The texture of this product reminds me of the Cetaphil Moisturizing cream; it quite thick when you scoop it out of the jar and opaque. Being in a jar it may be a problems for those who like to be very sanitary, since you have to scoop out the product. I notice when I scoop out some product to use and end up leaving a hole, later in the day the product coverts back to being a nice flat surface and you can't tell I scooped anything out. The coverage of this I feel is medium, but build-able. It covered my acne/acne scars pretty well, but I would use a bit of concealer on top to make my skin look flawless. The finish is semi-matte; it is not extremely matte, but for the most part it is matte with a soft focus effect. The longitivtiy of this product I find is much better than the original Colorstay; The regular Colorstay didn't even last five hours on my skin, this definitely last longer, but I haven't put it to the 15 hour test, which is how long I need my foundations to last at least. I will update on that when I have. Color-wise Buff matches me well, and I believe I am an NC15/NC20. Sand Beige in the original combo/oily Colorstay was too dark for me, and Buff fit me better in the original as it does in the whipped.

*Something I really dislike about this product is that it does break me out. Which is unfortunate, because it seemed like the perfect product. I checked on Cosdna.com and surely enough there is an ingredient that rates a 4 for being highly comedogenic. Another con about this is that it does sometimes tend to cling on to really dry areas such a acne spots, creating the flaky/caky mess around the acne spot and not being able to cover it well. This actually what it did for a bigger zit I had, but it covered my smaller ones well. Applying it with your fingers I found does help minimize the clinging.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/28/2012 5:05:00 PM More reviews by Masia927

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I so wanted to love this. I feel like the odd man out here. After reading such wonderful reviews I thought that this might be the foundation to end my years of struggling to find the right fit for my skin. Nope! The color is hard to pick. I chose a shade lighter than I thought I needed (based on looking at the bottom of the jar) and it was still way darker than what I needed. I started with a thin layer using my fingers and even then it felt super thick. I tried applying it with a brush and it was no better. Aside from feeling heavy on my face, it emphasized my dry patches while making me look oily at the same time. Hours after the application I touched my face and it still transferred to my hands. I leaned against my fiance and it left some residue on his shirt. This was hours after putting a verrrrry small amount on. I wish I could think of a single good thing about this stuff but I just can't. It works so well for others though, I wish it worked for me :<

rated 5 of 5 on 7/27/2012 7:48:00 PM More reviews by powiedot

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I have problems with foundation staying on my face due to very oily skin. My skin is also sensitive and acne prone. I am NC 25 in the winter and NC 35 to 40 in the summer. I do have very strong yellow undertone. I have used the regular colorstay for combination/oily skin and it had stayed on my face fairly well. The only problem I have is that the shades are not yellow enough and it is very mask like.

The whipped foundation is on sale at Rite Aid this week. BOGO 50% off and buy 2 get $4 Rite Aid bucks. There is also $2 off printable coupon on line.

I bought sand beige and warm golden. They are suppose to be yellow toned. Right now it is summer and warm golden is a better match. Sand beige will be great for winter. The only problem is that both are not yellow enough. I mixed a small amount of warm golden with a very tinny tiny amount of turmeric power. The color came out perfect! The foundation looked very natural, like skin. It is not mask like and feels like wearing nothing at all. I can go without blotting for 4 hours. With non-colorstay foundations, I have to blot after 1 hour. I do use a primer.

I read some reviews that the foundation held up with swimming. I went swimming with this foundation on. After an hour in the pool, I still had some makeup on. I wouldn't say it looked freshly applied, just enough that I wasn't shiney. The pool was a salt water pool, maybe salt water removes makeup?

I didn't breakout at all wearing this foundation. I had tried MAC, EL, Laura Mercier and they all broke me out. They do have lots of yellow foundations.

I wish revlon will make their foundations more yellow. When mixing with turmeric powder, be very careful. A little bit goes a long way. It is very yellow and if too much is added, you will look jaundiced. I have also read that a drop of yellow food coloring will work too. I haven't tried mixing with food coloring.

I hope this helps all the yellow skinned gals out there. I will update if there are changes.

update: 8/16/2012. I am currently tanned, NC 37 to 40. Warm Golden is a shade too light. I bought natural tan. Looking at the the foundation in the jar, it looked beige with no yellow. Upon application, it blended in very well and more yellow when it dried. Natural tan is a very good match for the summer! Yay!

21 out of 23 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/27/2012 5:18:00 PM More reviews by stormiangel20

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Pros:
1.Lasts a long time
2.At the end of the day the only shine I have is my nose and it's very little
3. enough coverage that I only need to use concealer on my dark circles and I have ALOT of acne and scaring

Cons:
1. The smell is weird and nasty but after the rest of my routine I cant smell it anymore.
2. The jar is very bulky and hard to get the product out. So its not good for travel

If you can get past the smell this foundation is amazing, I haven't found anything like it and I've worn a lot of drugstore foundations. This and the original CS for combo/oily skin are my HG drugstore foundations. I'll never look for anything else.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/26/2012 10:14:00 AM More reviews by aspirationfailure

First of all, my skin is oily with huge pores. This foundation does a great job of controlling my oil and keeping my skin matte. However, it has a tendacy to emphasize my large pores and make my skin appear older. It settles a bit into my fine lines in my forehead and my smile lines. It dries to a very dry, matte finish and I prefer a more natural and moisturizing look even with my oily skin. Certain areas of my face look awesome with this foundation so I can see the appeal, but it just doesn't work with my pores and forehead. :(

I do like the texture of the foundation. I was immediately attracted to the "whipped" description. It goes on nicely with fingers and I also use a brush to apply. I prefer the brush application... it leaves a more natural and less cakey finish.

The color selection is not great for us warm toned girls. I am about NC35 right now and my closest match is True Beige, which is a bit too pink for my golden skin. Warm Golden is warmer but too light, Early Tan is also warm but a shade too dark. I think mixing Warm Golden and Early Tan would be perfect but honestly I don't like this foundation enough to go that far.

I will keep my jar of this and give it another try or two, perhaps I'll update my review. I will also buy a lighter shade in the winter and try it then.

Overall I think it's a great foundation for the price, definitely worth a try! For those of you lucky enough to have smaller pores I think it could give a great flawless finish for you!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/26/2012 7:12:00 AM More reviews by jeanniep74

Finally a foundation that covers, stays on and doesn't feel heavy. I put a little on my outer palm then wet a makeup sponge and blend in on my face. This is for summer use. This winter, I'll probably not wet a sponge. Then I set it with ColorStay powder. I never have to retouch all day. That's enough for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/25/2012 8:46:00 AM More reviews by hillaryhansen

Best foundation I have ever used - and I have tried A LOT!! It truly feels like silk on my face, and lasts sooo long! And best of all, it controls shine!! That was my major problem before - every other foundation I have tried has made my face oily by noon. With this foundation, I'm not even oily or shiny by 5:00. Granted, I do use a foundation primer, but with other foundations I didn't really see any results with the primer. But now I do! I love the texture and it has great coverage as well. I will be buying this for a long time!!