August 28, 2014 | 1187 users online

Crème - Revlon - ColorStay Whipped Creme Makeup

rated 5 of 5 on 7/17/2012 10:40:00 PM More reviews by yessy2323

I love this product the only thing is that the color made me look a bit grey. But I think I got it too light. I love the texture and it's so easy to blend it gives me a nice soft complexion look. I can't get over how smooth the product glided on my skin and it covers up my acne scars and hyper pigmentation very well. It's a must have!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/17/2012 4:36:00 PM More reviews by PeachFuzzz

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

This is pretty decent foundation. Aside from the heavy packaging, I would recommend this. I have oily skin but I don't want heavy coverage. I definitely think you could do medium/full coverage depending on how you apply it. You really only need a little amount to cover your face.I would suggest using a stippling brush. I was one the lonely few that didn't like CS foundation because of how heavy it was but this is different. It stayed on my face and didn't add to my oily skin. I wish there were shades with more yellow! However, warm golden seems to match my NC 30-35 skin . I set this with Ben Nye Banana powder and it looks ok.

**EDIT*** Probably won't use this anymore. As the day goes on my skin looks awful. Very blotchy and uneven. It feels heavy too. This might be for people who want a heavier coverage and less oily skin.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/17/2012 11:57:00 AM More reviews by BeachBunnieXO

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

This foundation is worth much more than what they're asking. I made the mistake of using my foundation brush, and while it did look glorious on my face, it used up about 10x as much product as it did when I just scooped a tiny bit out and used my fingers. I was absolutely amazed at how well this foundation blended and spread, and covered! I have marks on my skin from acne when I was a teenager and this covers them completely. It stays tacky long enough to blend perfectly and then like magic, it sets. I love the gorgeous silky finish. It stays on beautifully, even through my 8-9 hour bartending shifts I also sometimes use it at my eyeshadow primer when I'm in a rush and need to get out the door. It doesn't crease all day! I still prefer the Revlon Colorstay Mineral Mousse as my eyeshadow primer but this is the next best thing. I am warm golden, which is actually quite a bit lighter than you would think from the name. It's not too yellow and it's a really natural color. It strangely goes perfect on my neutral-tannish skin color. I do recommend setting this with a powder but it's not really necessary. Maybe later in the day use a powder. By far the best drugstore foundation I've ever used!! And the jar is gorgeous on your vanity!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/15/2012 7:29:00 PM More reviews by Kathy123

I do not call myself a makeup junkie but I am definitely a foundation junkie. As you see in my profile, I have tried a lot of foundations. My skin is pretty oily and the oil gets to the max every month around the same time. I am sure you know what I am talking about. Prior to trying this, ELDW was the best foundation that stayed on my face. Regular CS was also good but it felt like wearing a mask. This is indeed one of the BEST foundations that I have ever tried. It is extremely light but provides great coverage. It looks very natural. It is like not having anything on. I am using this in True Beige that blends great with my beige skin tone that MAC calls NC30. It stays on longer than the liquid version and I am talking about under 90 degrees weather condition. Highly recommended! Update: It has been a couple weeks now that I have been using this. I love this even more because it stays and does not budge under any set of circumstances. Today, I was at a party from 1:00 p.m. to 10:00 p.m. It was 95 degrees. When I got home, I looked at the mirror and my mu looked freshly applied. Great!

rated 3 of 5 on 7/15/2012 2:27:00 PM More reviews by Kittea

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Overall, I find this foundation to be mediocre at best. It applies rather patchily, fingers, brushes, sponges, nothing can give me a flawless application. It looks well enough (sometimes) that I am willing to wear it out, but it just cannot compare to my favorite liquid foundations. I can see no reason why anyone would choose this product over a liquid foundation suited to their skin type. Liquid products are much smoother and more natural looking, and offer better coverage without the heavy feeling this particular product gives. For the thickness and heavy feel this has on the skin, I'd expect it to have more coverage, but surprisingly it's very light. I like light coverage, but only if the product is also lightweight on my skin too. Not my favorite product, but it does its job well enough, I suppose. The chance I'll reach for it again are pretty slim, though!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/15/2012 10:00:00 AM More reviews by LAURLAUR75

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I bought this on drugstore.com after reading the reviews on here. I bought it in sandy beige for winter and medium beige for summer because i use revlon color stay dry/combo skin foundation in medium beige. I bought that because of the reviews on here as well a while ago and it was a def HG. The whipped colorstay makeup is thicker than the regular. Medium beige is a good color for me and i figured i can mix the two colors i bought for winter. I like it lot. It has medium to full coverage for me. Its def buildable when applied correctly. It dries fast so aplly to one part of your face at a time with fingers. Then i take my sonia k. Or elf brush and blend or add more to my sun spots area. It looks like a picture perfect finish after settng it with my rimmel powder. It stayed on all day at the pool without smearing! Be careful i can see where it would cake if not applied carefully. This and the regular colorstay and rimmel 25 hour foundation are HG for me!

rated 1 of 5 on 7/15/2012 3:33:00 AM More reviews by shannonhubz

I am a true Revlon Colorstay Foundation (normal/oily) girl. I either wear it (the original) or Laura Mercier silk cream foundation on a daily basis. I love all things Revlon and think the world of the colorstay line.

That said, this new version is bizarre. It feels extremely thick going on, and despite trying fingers, my Sigma F80, Sonia K foundation brush, and blender...the coverage and application just doesn't work. I'd say it's light coverage when blended properly, matte, and just blah feeling.

All that aside, IT WAS MAKING MY VERY GOOD SKIN BREAK OUT AND THIS HAS NEVER HAPPENED TO ME BEFORE. Dramatic enough? Now, I have had allergic reactions to makeup before, but that was always hives or a rash with obvious red bumps. This foundation was causing tons of small whiteheads and pimples (primarily above my eyebrows) which I found so strange and no, I have not recently waxed or plucked. It truly does not agree with my combination skin. Just terrible and weird since no Revlon product has every resulted in breakouts for me.

I tried to stick with it but finally wore my Laura Mercier the past two days, and I'm not kidding, the whiteheads are disappearing and my skin is practically sighing in relief. Whatever creates that glassy/weird consistency in the jar is like spackle to my pores...just clogging them up and generally causing ickiness.

Sorry to say this one is just going to be a paperweight in my makeup case. continued >>

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/15/2012 2:45:00 AM More reviews by timothybcat

I've been using the original ColorStay since it debuted way back in the Stone Age. I still love it but it's been almost 20 years and my skin has changed. I used to have really oily skin, but now I'm combination. It's hard to find a foundation that's not too creamy for my t-zone and not too dry for my cheeks. Also, I never liked the bottle ColorStay original came in because it was so hard to get enough out of the bottle without spilling it all over the place. I don't think the jar packaging is more sanitary but it's definitely easier to control the application.

The texture and consistency are really hard to describe. I guess it's like a very thick pudding. Unlike the original, Whipped blends extremely easily and smoothly, so you don't have to work quickly to get your foundation blended out in five seconds. It's definitely medium/full-to-full coverage so it really covers my redness without looking at all cakey or like "makeup". It's rich enough to double as my concealer; I'll dab it under my eyes and just pat it in rather than blending it out. As an added plus, it doesn't settle into my pores and look like little grains of salt sitting there, unlike many, many foundations do. I really think this would be a viable option for dry skin, because it's creamy (although it doesn't feel emollient at all) and has a satiny finish. But yeah, it stays. And stays. That's how the original ColorStay became a legend, and now Revlon's hit another one outta the park.

One more thing: some people have mentioned that their shade in Whipped doesn't match their same shade in the original (for example: Caramel Whipped does not necessarily equal Caramel Original). But I bought Whipped in both Buff and Nude, and they turned out to be the same shade as the original. Get it at Ulta, you can exchange it if you need a different shade.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 7/14/2012 9:55:00 PM More reviews by earlyonemorning

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Sooo pretty. I put on my regular moisturizer after getting out of the shower, then the Neutrogena Ultra sheer sunscreen. Then layered this on top. It was a bit too shiny to pass for just glowy, but a light dusting of powder fixed that up really quick. I spent the morning in an area that was 90+ degrees, and then drove to an area that was in the 50s, the makeup stayed on about 16 hrs and it still looked great.

I don't mind the jar style, since I try to always have clean hands and take as much as I need so no double-dipping. But if the jar bothers you that much you could always just decant some to a travel sized jar, or take on the practice of using a small spatula. You really don't need much at all! With this on I can go without concealer. Or pat a little more on those problem areas.

The only thing that bothers me is that the jar makes it seem like alot, but really you only get .9 fl oz, which is less than a typical foundation. Also fl oz is volume, not weight, and with the whipped texture, you're really not getting much at all, this makes it seem especially expensive for drugstore. :(

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/14/2012 7:14:00 PM More reviews by KaiteKins

This does last all day but coverage level is one I would describe as medium. I like this better then the original colorstay, but my hg is still maybelline dream matte smooth.