September 30, 2014 | 1781 users online

Crème - Revlon - ColorStay Whipped Creme Makeup

rated 4 of 5 on 7/19/2012 1:12:00 PM More reviews by Mikipoo19

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I bought this foundation because Sam Schurmen *might not be spelt right* had it on her YT channel and I have the same skin problems as her. The foundation its self is great,... HOWEVER... the fact that its too thick to be in a pump kinda blows but i understand it... and the smell...when i applied it with my fingers all i could smell was...yuck.. idk... im normally not a sensative nose person but man..it was pretty bad... I did wonder if anyone else noticed in flash pictures if there face looked a bit ashy.. i am normally a mix of nc20 n nw20 *half n half squirts* and in pictures i took at an event i looked very pale/ashy in the face which i thought was really weird because it doesnt have spf... anyone else?

rated 5 of 5 on 7/19/2012 11:10:00 AM More reviews by brwneyedgurl208

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is the first Revlon Colorstay foundation I have ever tried. I absolutely love how smooth the formula is and that there is super staying power. I have dry skin so I was really happy when this formula didn't show all of my dry skin. Since I have never tried the liquid color stay liquid I can't really compare it to that. However, I will definitely buy this again. I need good staying power as I have long days and have tried the Maybelline super stay foundation (really cake on my dry skin) and he Almay Truly Lasting Color (kinda waxy and didn't seem to do much for me). I definitely would recommend this for people with various skin types.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/18/2012 11:02:00 PM More reviews by CountryLovee

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I saw this foundation all over YouTube! So I just had to get it. I got Natural Tan and it looked sooo dark when I opened it. But once I applied it to my face, it matched perfectly. I used my ELF Studio Powder Brush and it blended in perfectly. It's so easy to blend and it looks so flawless and natural. My skin but better. AND it was only 11 dollars at Walmart.. WIN!!! :)

rated 4 of 5 on 7/18/2012 10:53:00 PM More reviews by Darah168

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have a normal to oily skin. I have oily t-zone. I am a C4.

Packaging: I would really prefer to have if in a pump bottle rather than in a jar. Its unsanitary and messy.

Color: I have trouble finding the right color for me, it was like a hit on miss. I am a C4, I got the warm beige. Its a tad lighter on my skin but I can still get a way with it. Its hard to find the right color on a the on the see thru glass the seem to look the same on the outside.

Consistency:it is really like whipped cream.

Coverage: medium buildable, i just put small dots all over my face and it covers really well. I dont need to use concealer. I have small red bumps and light blemishes which was slightly visible with one layer. Another layer would be full coverage.

Texture: I really like the way it feels on my skin, it doesnt feel like i have anythin on it.

Staying power: It really does stay for long, I havent tried wearing it for 24hrs but the longest time ive worn this was 12hrs. I am really impressed with it.

Finish: I would say its like demi matte to dewy finish.

Application: after moisturizer & primer, I put a small amount of product all over the face in small dots and buff it in with a buffing brush. It gives me a flawless finish. I set it with MAC MSF in medium & spray with fix +.

I would buy this product again if it was in a pump bottle.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/18/2012 10:18:00 PM More reviews by monparapluie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Strangely, just like feebeewhiskers said, I also noticed a strange metallic taste in my mouth when I tried this foundation! I wonder if anyone else is experiencing this?

I'm going back to the liquid Colorstay foundation as it applies and performs better on my skin.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/18/2012 8:54:00 PM More reviews by happiegurl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Oh man, I tried. I have combo skin and my cheeks can get dry. I've been looking for a foundation that looks like a better version of skin, but when applying this foundation with a foundation brush, it accentuates the dryness and flakiness of my cheeks. Up close, it looks cakey. From afar, it evens out my complexion pretty well. A plus that there's no SPF since my skin reacts to it.

NOTE ON COLORS: I e-mailed Revlon and they replied that the colors with warm undertones are Warm Golden, Natural Tan, Early Tan, Caramel (dunno why lighter shades aren't on this list). In addition to perusing MakeupAlley, I've been watching YT reviews in an effort to find the right color for my skintone. Surprisingly, I've seen a range of light- to darker-skinned girls use the same shade (usually Warm Golden or Natural Tan) and they all say it's perfect for their skin tone. Can someone check this out and please explain in another review? I have Warm Golden and it's too light, but a comment on one of these vids has said that the colors are pretty forgiving.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/18/2012 8:07:00 PM More reviews by beautyisalive

I don't like to wear foundation but I kept hearing so many good things about this so I had to try it.....and its amazing I love it! I won't stop using this anytime soon. For those who are a nc30....I just went to Mac to get matched this week and they said I was a nc30 so what I'm wearing in this foundation is warm golden....I don't know if you should listen to anyone else who says they are nc30 because it is the summer and they could have tanned and got darker...I've seen some of them wearing darker shades so I hope it helps!

rated 2 of 5 on 7/18/2012 6:56:00 PM More reviews by poshpepper

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Grey

Unfortunately this product just didn't work for me. I have given it a few chances and tired different application methods but I can’t get it to work on my skin. (For reference I am about N10 and combo skin)
The color Ivory is an almost perfect color match for me, actually it is one of the closest matches I have ever gotten in a foundation, which makes me even more sad that it didn’t work for me.
I love the feel of this foundation when applying, it feels very silky and light going on, however after about 10 minutes on my skin it feels so heavy and mask like, I have a sudden urge to wash my face.
The other issue I have with it is that when I go to set it with powder the foundation is disturbed and becomes patchy looking (the first time this happened I thought maybe I didn't let it "set" long enough, but it happened again the next time even when I allowed 15 minutes between foundation application and powder).
I have found that it works pretty well as a spot concealer, and I have used it that way on occasion, however I have other concealers that work better.
I am disappointed that this product did not work for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/18/2012 2:46:00 PM More reviews by SandraCarterr

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

The BEST foundation i have ever used. It legit feels like butter when you put it on your face, but it melts into your skin so well. The coverage is alright i would still have to put concealer on my scars and blemishes but it looks flawless after i apply it. This foundation actually lasts a good 8 to 12 hours, never really had it on for 24 hours. I also set it with a powder just because i have oily skin, its not totally oily w/o a powder i just hate even the little bit of shine on my face. The packaging is ehh, the jar makes the product look like theres more then wats actually in it and its kinda heavy, wouldnt recommend keeping it in a purse, id just scoop some out and put it in a lil container. But this product is just absolutley amazing, deff reccomend this !

rated 5 of 5 on 7/18/2012 2:26:00 PM More reviews by lstrlica

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Absolutely love this foundation. Looks great on, easy to apply! I use the garnier bb cream as a primer and this on top and it looks so natural and just perfect! I apply with a real techniques brush and goes on flawlessly! Last ALL day!