December 21, 2014 | 1837 users online

Misc Beauty Tools - Clarisonic - Mia

rated 5 of 5 on 3/21/2010 4:16:00 PM More reviews by mlim1626

This is the best product I've ever used. For the first time, I actually have a flawless skin. Highly recommended. Worth every penny.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/20/2010 8:45:00 PM More reviews by Heatherlynn0808

This is probably one of the best purchases I have ever made! Before I finally bought the clarisonic, I did the research on it and held off for awhile because of the price. Finally, I saw the mia which is still on the expensive side, but it turned out to be worth ever penny. My acne was never too bad, but all of a sudden it started to get worse and I had no idea why. I had tried everything for acne from drugstore brands to higher priced brands like Proactiv, but nothing really helped out more than a little. Once I started using the mia my face finally cleared up like never before, my skin was waaayyy softer and smoother and my face in general looked a hundred times better. My face only kept getting better with the continued use of the mia and I'm now acne free except for the occasional breakout from that time of the month, but even then it doesn't get bad. I'm much more happy with my face and I would recommend this brush to anyone!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/18/2010 5:00:00 AM More reviews by makiyazh

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Grey

I'm pretty impressed with this machine. I had read all the great reviews, and I was noticing that my skin just always seemed dull. At first I was using this twice a day. That turned out to be too much for my skin. I started getting dry and even more oily. But, I did notice that my skin was suddenly smoother than ever before. Now I am using it once a day, and that seems to have made a huge difference. I broke out for a good two weeks when I first started using it. I didn't like the cleanser that came with it, and I'm convinced some of my breakouts were because of it. I use it with Philosophy's Purity.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/14/2010 10:46:00 AM More reviews by untinnu

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Before I own a Clarisonic [Mia], I was using the Pretika (check out my reviews). Basically the Pretika does the same thing that the Clarisonic does, for me at least, so I am not wowed by the Mia as of right now. I have to say though that the brush that came with my Mia was INCREDIBLY soft!!! A LOT softer than the brush on the Pretika, and for that..I do like the Mia. Now, today is my 8th day of usage, and my acne are healing. Before the Mia, I had no pimples, just some acne scars here and there, but when I started using the Mia, I broke out, BADLY. I wanted to cry and kick myself over and over again for even buying into the hype and trying out the Mia. I almost gave up after the 4th day but I noticed that the blackheads on my nose and around it is clearing, so I kept through with it. Now it's the 8th day, and the pimples are healing, I guess I purged, so..I'll see what happens after this and will be back to update along the way.
Price: I paid $111.75 for mine, at myexclusivespa.com, free shipping, and it arrived 2 days after I placed my order. Just use code "ebay" when checking out and you get the discount.
~~~EDIT: 03/19/10~~~13th day/use: My pimples and dry flakes are healing, but I'm still getting white heads here and there..also, the blackheads that are on my cheeks (near my nose) are beginning to disappear. I'm currently using two cycles a night. 20 secs each on both cheeks, 20 secs. on chin/above lips, 20 secs. on nose, and 40 secs. on forehead. I think I'm over doing it, so I will cut back on those times in half.
~~~EDIT: 03/25/10~~~19th day/use: My skin is clearing up and looking smooth. Less blackheads and pores are looking smaller. and OMG!!! My skin is glowing!!! I thought that my skin was okay before, but I just realized how dull it use to be before using the Clarisonic!!! It glows!!! soooooo beautiful!!! I just realize it last night and couldn't stop admiring my face/skin!!!! I've NEVER had this glow before!!!!!
~~~EDIT: 03/29/10~~~23th day/use: Bumped it up to 5 lippies. No more breakouts!!! And I've been getting compliments on my skin texture!! LOVE it!! I've also been asked what I've been using lately, and this is it!!! Also..acne scars are fading little by little..smaller pores..and very little blackheads, so little that I can actually count it!!! (I'm only using one cycle a night..about 10 seconds on each area.)
~~~EDIT: 04/09/10~~~
34th day/use: So, I've been using this for a little over a month now..and recently I've been lazy and haven't been wearing make up, just moisturizer and sunscreen; and I've been getting compliments on how smooth my skin looks and how glowy it is!!! Some even asked for my skincare regimen!!! I REALLY REALLY love this product!! it makes my skin look REALLLY good!!
~~~EDIT: 09/14/10~~~
I went on a little vacation last week, and forgot to pack my brush head back, so I had to order a new one from Ebay (for $11.75), and is now waiting for it. At this time, I haven't been using the Mia for about a week now, and I've noticed that my skin is becoming a little dull. It doesn't have the glow that I had when I was using the Mia. Can't wait till the brush head comes!!!

34 out of 35 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/5/2010 2:51:00 PM More reviews by SFClaire

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Green

Love Clarisonic!
My pores are so well behaved
No longer craters

rated 5 of 5 on 3/4/2010 11:51:00 AM More reviews by Belann

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is just a wonderful tool! I love it for face circulation and I know it does some exfoliating.
The Mia is pretty small so it does not take up much room and fits easily into your hand. I have fairly sensitve skin and find it to be very gentle. The timer is so perfect for me as I sometimes over do things and more is not always better. Very quick and not at all tedious.
I use it at night, first removing my face makeup. A little gentle cleanser is placed on the brush. Then away I go.
Since I remove my makeup prior to using my Mia I cannot attest to how wonderful it would be removing a full face of makeup. There are times when I see a very little makeup on my brush head after using so I guess it picks up what is left of it.
It gives me a perfectly clean face, preparing it for my other products.
So far, the charging instructions are correct and I have had the Mia for a couple of months now.
I will not be without this ever and will probably give a few as presents next Christmas.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/2/2010 3:22:00 PM More reviews by ksuess

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I have never given a review before but have been looking at this site for years to get reviews on products before I purchase them. I love this product so much that I decided I had to give a review. I am not prone to breakouts but would get monthly pimples on my jawline, etc. I also noticed in the past year that my skin has changed and I've started getting blackheads (which I've never had before). I've tried new products, gone to the dermatologist, had consultations with an esthetician, nothing I used was working. I had heard of Clarisonic before but was hesitant to spend $150 on it. Recently I started hearing from friends how they bought one & it totally changed their skin, etc. I met with a new esthetician & she told me that before she started seeing me for treatments, to go get a Clarisonic, use it for a few months, then come back to see her. Her honesty convinced me to try it. I have been using the Clarisonic Mia for a month now and my skin looks great! I have received multiple compliments from friends saying that my skin looks good. I no longer have blackheads and have had less acne breakouts. I have sensitive skin so I usually only use once a day and mostly at night since it helps to remove my makeup. I have a friend that has the step above the Mia and there is no difference. If you are looking to get a Clarisonic, the Mia is the less expensive one & it works just the same. I LOVE this product and will definitely keep using as part of my beauty regimen!!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/25/2010 5:17:00 PM More reviews by insouciance66

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

While I shouldn't hold this against the product itself, i'm gonna say right off the bat that I am taking off a lippie because BLISS advertised a promotion that included a free extra brush and travel bag; instead of getting that, they sent me TWO "the youth as we know it" skincare baggies. Which aggravated me, as the clarisonic site itself is offering the Mia in THREE colors now, each with an extra brush and a travel bag AND free shipping.
Ok - having said that - i LOVE this product!! I use it in the morning and evening, and I particularly notice a difference in the evening - the cotton pad i use to apply my toner/exfoliator comes away completely clean (this has never happened before, and i did not switch cleansers). My skin is much smoother, and my pores are looking more refined. After about 2 weeks of use, i did develop a LARGE blemish, but then I began spoiling the crops about 2 days later so that could've been hormonal - anyway, it cleared up in about 2 days instead of the usual 2 weeks.
I'm not sure I can see the point of paying more for the full sized brush - but if anyone can provide me with a logical reason i'll listen. The Mia is perfect for my needs, takes up less counter space and treats my skin perfectly :) I heart it!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/24/2010 9:43:00 PM More reviews by sweetnessfollows

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Well...I had been lusting over the Clarisonic for a few years. Every time I went in Sephora I was always oohing and ahhing over it. I finally got the change to actually purchase a Mia of as Christmas present and... I LOVE IT! I must admit though..I have very sensitive skin and it did irritate me at first , even using the delicate brush I ordered. I learned that I had to either use it once a day or twice a day for half the time (30 seconds) My breakouts have been reduced drastically.....not totally..but enough for me to see vast improvement. Worth the money y'all. This is the best acne fighter I have ever used!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/18/2010 3:30:00 PM More reviews by pandorax

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I definitely recommend the Mia! I wasn't sure if it was going to make much of a difference in my skin, and I didn't want to get my hopes up, but it really does deliver. When I first used it, I thought it was so gentle and the exfoliating action seemed so subtle, I wasn't sure it was going to do much. But apparently it does! It exfoliates and cleanses the skin really well, and I have noticed a reduction in breakouts. It seems to keep breakouts at bay very well - not eliminated, but much improved! And my skin kind of shines after using, like I just got a facial. I use on my neck and chest too, also with good results. I haven't even used aspirin mask/scrub since using this - the Mia exfoliates even better. Some people have said their skin was too sensitive for the sensitive brush head, but mine skin isn't very sensitive and this brush head works well for me. I got mine for $123 at www.skin-etc.com, no tax and free shipping, so I thought that was a pretty good deal!

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No