NARS Sheer Glow Foundation

3.7

Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Butylene Glycol, Glycerin, Polymethylsilsesquioxane, Dimethicone, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Triethylhexanoin, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Bis-butyldimethicone Polyglyceryl-3, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Sodium Glutamate, Sorbitan Sesquiisostearate, 1-Methyl-Hydantoin-2-imide, Phenoxyethanol, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Polysilicone-2, Serralysin, Curcuma Longa (Turmeric) Root Extract, Glucosyl Hesperidin, Ascorbyl Glucoside, Tocopherol, [may contain: titanium dioxide, iron oxides, iron oxides]

on 10/23/2010 3:10:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Other, Curly, Coarse

I like this a lot. I have combo skin (dry/oily) with a bit of spider veins around my nose. This stuff is sheer but buildable. I use my bb fdnt brush and sephora plat airbrush to blend it and the result is amazing. You might need to put a primer pror to use because it doesn't really last that long. I still find myself blotting after couple of hours. Wish it comes in a pump. I'll keep using this during winter but I'll switch to mac pro longwear during summer time. I'm nc40/42 and I use syracuse.

on 10/23/2010 1:03:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

The reviewer below me, Darkling, basically covered everything I was coming here to write about NARS Sheer Glow Foundation- right down to the fact that this stuff is going back to Sephora.

I like Laura Mercier's oil-free tinted moisturizer for the summer, and I was looking for a foundation that would offer a little more coverage for fall. I'm still scratching my head about what made me think Sheer Glow would be that foundation, as this is one of the worst foundations I've used since junior high.

The slight coverage this product offered lasted all of about 20 minutes on my face- then it would slide around and completely vanish. I found myself powdering my face every hour just to make myself look presentable. Seriously, this stuff goes on like it's oil and water.

Beyond that, the color selection is awful. I've got pale skin, and I usually go for either the lightest or second lightest option in any range of foundations. The second lightest option in the Sheer Glow line, Deauville, was straight-up yellow on my skin. I purchased the lightest option, Siberia, and found that while it looked okay immediately after application, it would go chalk-white within minutes. It also did nothing to conceal any redness in my skin, and contrary to the brand's claims, was anything but buildable.

This was not the product for me.

on 10/20/2010 7:22:00 PM

I bought this product with high hopes based on the reviews here and on YouTube. It did not apply easily (and I tried many brushes, sponges, and fingers). The finished result wasn't very natural, but the worst part about it was how it unnaturally faded throughout the day.

It was very disappointing to come home after work and see the hot mess this created on my face. It faded in some areas and appeared concentrated in other areas. I gave up and returned it to Sephora.

I think it's very overpriced and the packaging is bad. Who pours foundation out of a bottle?! I have happily switched to LMTM and will avoid all foundation in the future.

on 10/20/2010 1:57:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I absolutely LOVE this foundation. Like everyone else, I have tried countless foundations that I have loved for a week and then gotten bored of or realized I looked awful in photos - not so with Nars Sheer Glow. This product is great. I just returned from an extended trip abroad and was so pleased to look through my pictures and see how well this photographs! No SPF, which is a must for my foundations because I hate that ghostly glow SPF gives in photos. In photos from 8am and 10pm my skin looks great, and I never touched up.

I have tried several different application methods and find that rubbing it into my skin with my fingers is by far the best for great coverage and an airbrushed look. This is how the Nars girl recommended I should apply it, but i went through a slew of brushes before I finally decided she was right.

I have pretty good skin naturally and am dry all over. This does highlight scaly dry patches if I have them, but not any more than other foundations, and the coverage is gorgeous. This makes my skin flawless without being over done or cakey, feels weightless, and wears beautifully throughout the day.

I also have EXTREMELY sensitive skin and eczema, and this is so gentle and beautiful, I even use it under my eyes as a concealer when I am in a rush.

Cannot recommend highly enough! One comment on the color though. I use Santa Fe, which is a perfect match for me, but the less than competent Sephora girl tried to put me in Ceylon, which is several shades too light and designed for asian skin - I am blonde and blue eyed german with pink undertones, obviously not a good fit. I would recommend looking at the color descriptions on the Nars website so that you are informed of the undertones when you go in for a match!

on 10/19/2010 8:14:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I love this foundation! I have A LOT of dark acne scars and this foundation gives me great coverage! I had a problem with the fact it didn't have a pump, but when I bought it, they said Francois Nars made it so you use your hands to apply it. So I just dab a little onto the back of my left hand and apply with my right fingers and get a great finish! I usually don't get a dewy finish right away, but maybe after a few minutes, but that could just be because of my oily skin... It does start to fade after a while, and I do need to retouch, but I don't use a powder to set it, so that can be a reason. I would recommend this to my friends, but I don't want them to know my secret! Ahaha :)

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

My Sephora SA made me samples of these as I was just not sure if it would work for me or what shade I needed. I'm so glad I did, because "sheer glow" it was not! Instead of a glow, it was almost completely matte. I have dry skin so I try to avoid matte foundations. I was hoping for a nice dewy coverage and was disappointed. Does not live up to the hype! The only things I liked about it is that it seemed pretty easy to blend and I was able to find a perfect color that wasn't too orange or yellow.

on 10/19/2010 1:27:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm

This foundation is ridiculously overpriced! it though at the beginning I was willing to pay alot for a greta foundation as I had seen so many rave reviews about this product but it was such a let down for me. Firstly it is the worst foundation i have used so far, drugstore included, for covering dry spots. The sheer glow accentuated them alot and made my skin look very unpolished. Secondly I was anticipating a lovely dewy finish but what i got was an extremely matte look which I avoid at all costs, because of my dry skin it always looks very cakey. The coverage was below average and I was afraid of using too much powder on top to add coverage as I would add to the already 'made up' look. And lastly I was quite disappointed that the MUA matched me wrongly and for some reason I didn't think to go outside and check my skin in natural light.

on 10/18/2010 3:42:00 PM

I've gone through two bottles of this foundation. This WAS my HG foundation up until my skin started getting dry. This is amazing for oily skin. Glides on smoothly and staying power (for me) is pretty good. It leaves you with a dewy finish and it looks very natural. What I love about this foundation is that it accentuates (sp?) dry spots on your face..which tells me when I need to hunt for a hydrating foundation. I don't mind splurging on MU(as I said before i've gone through 2 bottles of this and 2 bottles of LM oil-free foundation plus her tinted moisturizer, all priced at $40+). If anybody can direct me to a hydrating/moisturizing foundation, I would really appreaciate it:)

on 10/17/2010 7:30:00 PM

I bought this product a week ago after reading and watching wonderful reviews of people online. I thought it will be really really amazing but i was wrong. I was hesitant to buy this foundation because of the price, I thought it was overpriced for the amount of product you get. After doing some research, i decided to go ahead and get it. I was really disappointed with this product, it made my face so cakey. I tried so many ways to apply this, i used my hands (as the Makeup artist told me), i used different kinds of brushes and wet sponge as well. None of them worked at all. This product made my combination skin really dry and it also clogged my pores. I have a pretty clear skin but after using this, i noticed that there are couple white heads pop up around my nose. Its really disgusting.

For people who uses this and love it, good for you! I wish i can love this product as much as you guys. I just bought MUFE HD foundation today and it seems to work wonderfully.

I will never buy this product again and will definitely return this product because i feel like i just wasted my money for nothing.

on 10/17/2010 4:47:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Like seemingly all the other negative reviewers, I've been eyeballing Sheer Glow for a while, and finally caved in a few weeks ago. I tried Sheer Matte when it also first came out, hated it, and ended up swapping, so I was kind of hesitant with this one. I wish I received a sample to try before I bought it because that would have saved so much of my time. I was matched with Punjab which, surprisingly, turned out to be a perfect match. I've never found a perfect foundation shade... ever, so you could imagine how thrilled I was. After trying it for a few days, though, I couldn't bring myself to like it. The application was all wrong and it made me look so damn cakey. I tried to change the routine using my fingers, different brushes, and other applicators but nothing worked -- still cakey. The foundation wore off in no more than three hours and began to gather around the creases on my face (corners of my nose, my eyelids, my mouth) and I was less than impressed. I have a morning-to-night schedule; this would not suffice. Why I gave it two lippies instead of one: The glorious shade match! If anyone uses Punjab and knows the exact color dupe, please message me! :) Also, it didn't make me break out whatsoever, and with my super sensitive acne-prone skin, this is a feat.

Video Reviews & Tutorials