April 19, 2014 | 1848 users online

Liquid - NARS - Sheer Glow Foundation

rated 3 of 5 on 6/7/2010 1:45:00 AM More reviews by martha0021

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

After all the hype about this poduct, wonderful reviews, and appealing name "Sheer Glow" I had to run and get it! I was so excited to use it but now very disappointed. I guess its my dry skin that ruined it for me. After an hour of having it on it shows my dry skin.. patches of dry skin but only on the area around my nose because that is my driest area. I wanted this foundation to work sooo bad because It definetly has it's pros: easy to blend, oil free, fragrance free, medium coverage, buildable, and I can really she the glow when I wear it. But, I can not wear a product that will make me look unhealthy and if it's making my skin look unhealthy then, it is not doing it any good. I'd like to add, for a product that retails for $42.00 it should really, really come with a pump!!!!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/6/2010 9:37:00 PM More reviews by fading_visions

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I really like this foundation (I haven't used it enough to say that I love it) and Gobi matches me perfectly. Being asian, it's a bit of a chore to find a good match. I got four samples of this at Sephora to make SURE I had the right shade. Both Fiji and Deauville were too dark for me, Mont Blanc was a touch too light and too pink. I found my perfect match in Gobi! I really like the texture and how it makes my skin look. No, this is not sheer or glowy. It is more like medium coverage, satin finish - perfect for hiding most of my flaws on my combination skin. It looks super natural and photographs beautifully. At the end of the day, there is minimal fading and I don't need to blot.

YES, this will cling to dry patches but I find that most foundations do that unless they are very, very moisturizing, creamy foundations. The biggest complaint seems to be that the foundation comes without a pump/you have to buy it separately. I read somewhere that NARS believes the best way to apply this is with your hands and having a pump would encourage one to use brushes. Yes, it can be messy if you pour it out onto a palette/ the back of your hand so what I do is shake the bottle with my finger over the opening and use the foundation that has collected on my finger. That's pretty much all I need for my entire face anyway.

The only complaint I have is that it is $61CAD (including taxes) but I will continue purchasing because it is so hard for me to find something that's a perfect match, doesn't oxidize on me, stays all day and looks like my skin but better.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/6/2010 3:10:00 PM More reviews by Noussie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Skintone : NC42-44

I absolutely love this foundation!! I have very oily skin but SG is perfect for me, i will get a little oily after a few hours but nothing too dramatic.
It provides me with glowy and healthy skin and the coverage is great.
It stays put pretty much all day and i love how the color is a perfect match (Syracuse). I love the sleek look of the bottle but it's a shame that you have to buy the pump seperatly.

I will most definetly purchase again!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/5/2010 6:55:00 PM More reviews by amesrh

I got matched at sephora yesterday. I must say this color matches me perfectly (punjab: I am NC 30 and 4 Natural in Bobbi Brown) I hear you should only use this with water based primer (so my smashbox photo finish is perfect). It makes my skin glow but not too dewy. I got my hopes up when I saw the pump at sephora but the lady says the pumps were only for display purposes. :( Oh well. Overall, if you have dry sensitive asian skin like me it works wonders! I will just this sparingly bc of the $40 price tag (and the bottle looks way smaller in person, hence the 2 rating on price)

rated 5 of 5 on 6/5/2010 4:36:00 PM More reviews by Snowfnugg

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

My last HG fndt., which was Kanebo cream finish, was discontinued about a year ago, and ever since I've searched for a new one. I think my search can be called off. Although I've only tried it once as I got it today, I can already say this is my new HG. It feels light as if I didn't wear any fndt. at all, but gives nice coverage. I think it does as it says giving a nice "glow". I got it in the shade Mont Blanc which suits my pale skin perfectly. I will update if this breaks me out or loses it's HG status.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/4/2010 1:55:00 PM More reviews by StarsnRocketsES

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

Nars Sheer Glow Foundation is definitely HG for me! I am in love. I mean it's not sticky at all. It applies smoothly, makes your skin look airbrushed, kissed, and glowing. It feels like wearing nothing on your face, even in the summer. I have combination skin and this foundation was not oily on my skin or drying. It was just perfect. Being NC 43-45, I've always had problems with foundations being too orange or too red on me, and making me look like I had spend hours in the sun; however, Nars actually has shades for people of all skin tones that do not give off orange and red tones. Now my face matches my chest, and neck. I do agree with other reviewers that I would have loved a pump; I hate putting my fingers on the product to apply it. I am applying sheer glow with the MAC 109 or 165 LE brushes. Both do a great job with application. Lastly, I am using Sheer Glow in Cadiz. *Now that it is summer, I am adding half a pea sized amount of Sheer Glow in Macao to a dime sized amount of Cadiz.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/3/2010 2:35:00 PM More reviews by letseat

I've been using this for 6months and it's overall a fantastic foundation. I have sensitive dry skin and this oil free formula is still great on my skin.

What I really like about it is;

-the consistency - very easily to apply using foundation, kabuki or fingers! nars foundations have a warmth activator where you get more of a natural finish using your fingers

-coverage - although it says sheers it's rather medium.

-photography - perfect for photos as ur face doesn't appear white in photos as with all Nars products

On the other hand, which is a minor problem but it's not suitable for a day look unless you hardly put n e on. Also the colour range is rather strange - it suddenly drops to a deep colour between Fiji, Punjab to Barcelona.

I'm using Barcelona but I mix it with my MUFE foundation which is too light and I wear this day and night time.

***CHANGED TO 5 STARS***
i'm using this again since i'm super tanned now, and i don't mix it with any other foundation. i use it day and night time and it is superb! people have been commenting on how great my skin looks.

for the day i use my fingers to apply for a more natural look. for night i use a brush then my fingers as this has more coverage.

the most important thing is that this doesn't clog my skin :D i will be buying the fiji coloured in winter when i'm lighter :D

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/3/2010 2:32:00 PM More reviews by kewlhat

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have finally discovered my HG foundation. I have tried both NARS Sheer Glow and NARS Sheer Matte and Glow beats Matte, hands down. I have combination skin-- my t-zone is incredibly oily while my cheeks are dry and flaky. SG actually controlled my oil better than SM and had much better coverage (sheer to medium). [It's also very buildable for heavier coverage.] I like that it's really easy to work with and spread around my face, and it doesn't accentuate my flaky areas on my cheeks like SM did. My BF said that this foundation made my skin look the most natural out of any foundation I've tried thus far!

For reference I use LM Translucent Loose powder to set. I'm a medium olive skin tone and I use SG in Stromboli.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/2/2010 12:48:00 PM More reviews by Samanthazahra

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This foundation has been fantastic for me during the australian winter where my skin flips and goes from combination to dry. it gives me the finish and coverage i want. something buildable but not cakey, evens out my complexion and leaves it looking like real, healthy skin. im an nc25, light-medium skin with pink undertones. sante fe i believe is described as having a peach undertone which completely helps cancel out the redness in my face. if you have yellow undertones and are around nc25, fiji would definately be a better choice.

this is catered for dry skin and i love the formula as it just glides on effortlessly and feels hydrating. makes it so easy to work with your fingers for a flawless finish (which is how it is recommended). if you have oily skin i dont think this would be suitable, as i noticed it does start to sloth around my nose area if i don't keep it nice and matte. but at the moment im loving it because it smooths out my complexion so beautifully, where most foundations hilights the dryness in your face (MUFE HD, Shu uemera FA for me). i completely agree however, that this bottle definately needs a pump, it gets so messy.

i think the secret to this foundation however, is that LESS IS DEFINATELY MORE. i find if you apply too much, the excess will just slide around the face, especially in oily areas. use concealer to help cancel out uneveness and use this to create a healthy complexion and it will work like a dream.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/2/2010 12:05:00 PM More reviews by laqueron1

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Ok...Great product. Only two problems: The shade selections for NC40's-NC44's stink and I wish it had a pump. I wear shade Barcelona because Syracuse has too much pink/peach pigment, so fo you NC42/43 girls with yellow coloring, Syracuse might not look right. I use a dime size amount for my entire face with concealer (a little) and use either my studiofix powder or Msf skinfinish natural with MUFE HD powder to seal and it looks great....but to make sure it doesn't look too light, I add a little bronzer and I'm good to go! For Reference I am MAC NC42/43.