Philosophy Hope in a Jar - for all skin types

2.8

Water (Aqua), Lauryl Lactate, Behenic Acid, behenoxy Dimethicone, Glyceryl stearate Se, Glycerin, Behenyl Alcohol, Pentaerythrityl Tetracaprylate/Tetracaprate, Cyclopentasiloxane, Tocopheryl Acetate, Benzyl Alcohol, Retinyl Palmitate, Cyclohexasiloxane, Stearic Acid, Panthenol, Beta Glucan, Lavandula Angustifolia (Lavender) Oil, Xanthan Gum, Triethanolamine, Propylene Glycol, Geraniol, Limonene, Linalool, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Diazolidinyl Urea

on 6/17/2008 2:35:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure

I really like this moisturizer. Its not greasy, doesnt break me out and makes my face really smooth. Even my pores look smaller. I love both this and the purity made simple which washes away ALL my makeup.

on 6/12/2008 11:22:00 PM

This is the first moisturizer I have been faithful to for a year now. It's light & goes on my skin smoothly- leaves a glow. I'm in the minority here, but I happen to like the smell. I will continue to buy this even if my budget doesn't allow it.

on 6/11/2008 3:25:00 PM

This is the first Philosophy product I've ever tried and sadly, it was disappointing. Before buying, I read the reviews here and it was split 50/50. The cream goes on well and sinks in nicely, but only if you don't plan on wearing powder foundation or any sort of makeup over it. Right away I noticed it gives my face an orange tinge. It's subtle, but clearly apparent on my very fair complexion. Kinda disturbing. Like others have mentioned, it does have a strange smell (think of when you were younger pulling out your Barbie from the box) that seems synthetic. The first 2 days this stuff worked great and now by the 5th day, I have dry flakes of skin coming off my cheeks near my mouth and my face turns into an oil slick every hour or so. From experience with other products, I've learned lactic acid does no good for my skin. Try this cream out to see if it works for you. It didn't for me!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

The jar is annoying...it gets dried up and contaminated easily. I love the product for drier seasons, but i think they should develop a less rich version for the summer months. Kind of expencive but defiantly makes me skin rosy and glowing. will buy again in the fall.

Hope in a Jar is my favorite moisturizer, I have been using it for 5 years straight and I continue to love it. It has a nice, airy, texture and it leaves a rosy glow. If you have dry skin it may not be enough of a moisturizer for you, during the winter I add another type to my dry zones. But for summer weather Hope is light and has a clean fragrance.

on 6/9/2008 5:29:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool

I was looking for a moisturizer to replace my arbonne moisturizer since it was running low and purchased the small jar of "hope in jar" and it did make my skin look nice and glowing. The only thing is when I put it on my skin and massaged it in, I guess the rubbing formed chunks on my skin, like the moisturizer dried out and I rubbed it off. And I softly massaged it into my skin for less than 30 seconds. So I decided to pat it on lightly and still you could feel it dried off and left little chunks to be wiped off my face. Plus I don't like the packaging. I preferred bottles that squeeze out the lotion rather than sticking my fingers in and out of the jar contaminating it even after I wash my hands.

on 6/8/2008 11:18:00 PM

Seems to calm my skin and makes it feel very soft.

My face has a love/hate thing going on with this. First off, this is a great fall/winter moisturizer...summer? Not so much. It's June now and I'm noticing that my face is literally an oil pit by the afternoon...ew! So, back it goes in storage until the fall/winter.
Plus, like other reviewers I'm noticing small bumps on my forehead and temples too. I don't understand how Philosophy can say that people with oily skin can use this? Seriously, if your even a bit oily, stay away from this, unless you want to end up with a grease pit on your face by the afternoon. This is def. for normal/dry skin types.

on 6/1/2008 6:20:00 PM

After seeing all the rave reviews on TV and magazines, like so many others did, I took the plunge and purchased HIAJ. I have combination skin, and didn't notice any real positive change in my skin texture or appearance. In fact, I'm pretty sure I got little bumps and flare-ups as a result! Points off for the overwhelming smell, which neither myself or my boyfriend could tolerate. Product also consistently burned my skin upon application, making it essentially a waste of money :( I tried to be optimistic about this product, perhaps it may work for others, but not for me, and as a final note, let me add that I have never had particularly sensitive skin.

on 5/30/2008 2:06:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

HORRIBLE 4 oily skin. i broke out immediately. what a scam. this is SOOOOOOOO oily and full of crap. ewwwwwwww. i used it 4 a week to just "give" it a shot and it took me 3 weeks to fix its craziness. ugh!

Popular Moisturizers