August 22, 2014 | 1124 users online

Moisturizers - Philosophy - Hope in a Jar - for all skin types

rated 1 of 5 on 4/7/2008 12:38:00 PM More reviews by clor_84

With a sensitive skin type, this product made my face burn and itch after five minutes. On the second day of using this, my face started getting red bumps. Absolutely not recommended for sensitive skin. The smell is also very nasty. Get a sample before you even think about buying or you'll have wasted your time and money.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/5/2008 3:32:00 AM More reviews by mchlle8

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I'm addicted to this moisturizer. My skin is naturally very oily and acne prone, but this product actually makes my skin look less shiny and smoother in texture. And I get that glow effect that others talk about. Unfortunately, the cream is quite expensive and a bit smelly. I still buy it anyway...

rated 5 of 5 on 3/31/2008 12:08:00 PM More reviews by Xuxa13

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I hit 31 a couple weeks back and figured it was time for a more serious night-time moisturizer. I decided to give this a try, although the price made me cringe... and I don't regret it at all! My skin is smoother and unbelievably radiant! I've even gone without m/u a few times since using it. Some drawbacks: 1) that SMELL - it's like plastic celery or something 2) don't like the unsanitary dip-your-finger-in-the-pot container 3) no SPF. These are pretty minor things, though, considering the amazing results. Would definintely repurchase.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/30/2008 11:38:00 PM More reviews by Meaghanb123

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I really dont understand the hype around this product- I wanted so badly to like it but eghhhh. It smells horrible, it makes my face itch and burn and in an hour my skin feel tight again. I keep trying to like it and go back to it but within a few days I breakout, my skin turns red and I smell. Finally started using this on my body just to leep it from going to waste. There's nothing better than my new found HG -Chanel Hydramax + Active moisturizer. It costs a little more but is absolutely amazing!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/27/2008 6:25:00 PM More reviews by cupcake_sarah

I hated this product the first time I tried it because the smell was so awful. My husband even commented on the smell and that's very rare for him to do. The downside was that the moisturizer itself was incredible. It really made my face glow and made my skin tone more even looking. I've gotten used to the smell, it's worth it for what I get from the product.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/26/2008 8:55:00 PM More reviews by escalades

I can't believe how I ever got along without this moisturizer. It's effects on my skin are absolutely astonishing. It's delicate in texture, absorbs nicely without leaving any sticky or thick residue. It's moisturizing enough to use in the winter but light enough in weight to use during the summer. Sure, the smell may get to some users at the very beginning but shortly after application, I don't even notice it anymore. My primer and makeup go on much more smoothly and the texture of my skin has much improved. The disadvantages of this product is the cost and the fact you dip your fingers into the jar. However, once I run out, I will be repurchasing.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/25/2008 2:20:00 AM More reviews by auburnlady

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

The best thing I can say about this product is that it smells OK and didn't make me break out. It "did the job", but I don't love using it. I received it as a gift, but won't ever buy it, as I don't think it's worth the $.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/24/2008 9:23:00 PM More reviews by nikkipatel

Not too sure about this one. Does leave my face looking bright and radiant and I think it does peel away some dry skin of the face. Hasn't made me break out or anything, but I don't think its that moisturizing for winter. Also, when I wear powder over top I can see a few dry patches...Probably will repurchase again because of all the hype, but I think Nivea soft moisturizer gives the same results!!!!

rated 3 of 5 on 3/23/2008 11:19:00 PM More reviews by cynwilson5

Hope left my skin feeling very dewy and well moisturized, sadly I quickly developed a terrible allergy to it. It makes small little red bumps break out around my eyes which then swell up into massive blisters. I have no idea what the culprit ingredient is, but if you already have allergies steer clear.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/23/2008 8:16:00 PM More reviews by ohBetty

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I bought this as a set with Purity Made Simple. Hope felt nice and smooth on the skin, but did not last all day (winter). By afternoon my face was dry and I had to reapply. Don't put it under your eyes, the stearic acid/benzyl alcohol will enhance fine lines. Overall, it wasn't worth the money, so it's back to my good ol' Olay!

ingredients:
Water, Lauryl Lactate, Behenic Acid, Behenoxy Dimethicone, Glyceryl Stearate Se, Glycerin, Behenyl Alcohol, Cyclomethicone, Pentaerythrityl Tetracaprylate / Tetracaprate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Benzyl Alcohol, Retinyl Palmitate, Stearic Acid, Panthenol, Betaglucan, Lavandula Angustifolia (Lavender) Oil, Xanthan Gum, Triethanolamine, Propylene Glycol, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Diazolidinyl Urea.