Philosophy Hope in a Jar - for all skin types

2.8

Water (Aqua), Lauryl Lactate, Behenic Acid, behenoxy Dimethicone, Glyceryl stearate Se, Glycerin, Behenyl Alcohol, Pentaerythrityl Tetracaprylate/Tetracaprate, Cyclopentasiloxane, Tocopheryl Acetate, Benzyl Alcohol, Retinyl Palmitate, Cyclohexasiloxane, Stearic Acid, Panthenol, Beta Glucan, Lavandula Angustifolia (Lavender) Oil, Xanthan Gum, Triethanolamine, Propylene Glycol, Geraniol, Limonene, Linalool, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Diazolidinyl Urea

Philosophy has not quite won me over to the dark side with this one yet. While I liked it when I had it, I am not driven to repurchase it often mainly because I don't think it's worth the price.

I like the way it absorbs into my skin almost instantly. It does not feel greasy. I can put it on day or night and it doesn't cause cystic pimples.

With that said, I hate the smell. I am very sensitive to smell, and this just smells chemical.

on 6/18/2008 4:05:00 AM

I actually liked this moisturizer and may go and purchase the big jar as soon as I finish up my other moisturizers. Went on smooth and not as greasy as other applications (like Everywear by EDM) and absorbed fairly quickly. Will wait for a sale or something because it is quite expensive...

on 6/17/2008 8:10:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I liked this moisturizer and used it for about 6 months, but I stopped using it because I could not justify spending over 30 dollars on a moisturizer. It didn't break me out and it moisturized pretty well, but I get the same results from Olay Complete at a fraction of the price.

on 6/17/2008 2:35:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure

I really like this moisturizer. Its not greasy, doesnt break me out and makes my face really smooth. Even my pores look smaller. I love both this and the purity made simple which washes away ALL my makeup.

on 6/12/2008 11:22:00 PM

This is the first moisturizer I have been faithful to for a year now. It's light & goes on my skin smoothly- leaves a glow. I'm in the minority here, but I happen to like the smell. I will continue to buy this even if my budget doesn't allow it.

on 6/11/2008 3:25:00 PM

This is the first Philosophy product I've ever tried and sadly, it was disappointing. Before buying, I read the reviews here and it was split 50/50. The cream goes on well and sinks in nicely, but only if you don't plan on wearing powder foundation or any sort of makeup over it. Right away I noticed it gives my face an orange tinge. It's subtle, but clearly apparent on my very fair complexion. Kinda disturbing. Like others have mentioned, it does have a strange smell (think of when you were younger pulling out your Barbie from the box) that seems synthetic. The first 2 days this stuff worked great and now by the 5th day, I have dry flakes of skin coming off my cheeks near my mouth and my face turns into an oil slick every hour or so. From experience with other products, I've learned lactic acid does no good for my skin. Try this cream out to see if it works for you. It didn't for me!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

The jar is annoying...it gets dried up and contaminated easily. I love the product for drier seasons, but i think they should develop a less rich version for the summer months. Kind of expencive but defiantly makes me skin rosy and glowing. will buy again in the fall.

Hope in a Jar is my favorite moisturizer, I have been using it for 5 years straight and I continue to love it. It has a nice, airy, texture and it leaves a rosy glow. If you have dry skin it may not be enough of a moisturizer for you, during the winter I add another type to my dry zones. But for summer weather Hope is light and has a clean fragrance.

on 6/9/2008 5:29:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool

I was looking for a moisturizer to replace my arbonne moisturizer since it was running low and purchased the small jar of "hope in jar" and it did make my skin look nice and glowing. The only thing is when I put it on my skin and massaged it in, I guess the rubbing formed chunks on my skin, like the moisturizer dried out and I rubbed it off. And I softly massaged it into my skin for less than 30 seconds. So I decided to pat it on lightly and still you could feel it dried off and left little chunks to be wiped off my face. Plus I don't like the packaging. I preferred bottles that squeeze out the lotion rather than sticking my fingers in and out of the jar contaminating it even after I wash my hands.

on 6/8/2008 11:18:00 PM

Seems to calm my skin and makes it feel very soft.