Maybelline Lash Stiletto

3.2

Water (Aqua), Paraffin, Potassium Cetyl Phosphate, Cera Alba (Beeswax), Cera Carnauba (Carnauba Wax), Acacia Senegal, Gum, Acrylates Copolymer, Glycerin, Cetyl Alcohol, Hydroxyethylcellulose, PEG/PPG 17/18 Dimethicone, Steareth 20, Phenethyl Alcohol, Phenoxyethanol, Hydrolyzed Corn Starch, Sodium Polymethacrylate, Hydrogenated Jojoba Oil, Hydrogenated Palm Oil, Simethicone, Rayon, Disodium EDTA, Silica, Panthenol, Hydrolyzed Silk, May Contain ( /-): CI 77499, CI 77491, CI 77492 (Iron Oxides), CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), Mica, CI 75470 (Carmine), CI 77288 (Chromium Oxide Greens), CI 77289 (Chromium Hydroxide Green), Titanium Dioxide, CI 77742 (Manganese Violet), CI 77007 (Ultramarines), CI 77510 (Ferric Ferrocyanide).

Skin: Normal, Medium, Cool

I purchased this mascara because of its lovely stiletto-like packaging. Gotta say Maybelline is good at making eye catching mascara tubes! I also liked the wand. The mascara gave me length like promised, but it also gave me clumps and flakes. It didn't hold a curl at all. When I applied this, it automatically uncurled my lashes :( The one major thing that I HATED about this mascara is the stinging! After a couple of hours I felt a lot of discomfort with my eyes. I'm a contact wearer and have drops handy, but it didn't help. When the mascara flakes enter my eyes it caused a really bad irritation, making my eyes look blood shot! I was only able to use this for about a week till I finally realized that the flakes were the one causing the irritation. I always find mascara flakes in my eyes with other brands of mascara, but this is the only one that stung my eyes.

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Lash Stiletto definitely extends and lifts the lashes... but doesn't make them full. It clumps lashes together so that it looks like you only have 10 lashes. LOL. I might consider...*buying*... it again.

on 7/5/2009 10:29:00 PM

Usually, I prefer volumizing mascaras over lengthening ones for my thick, straight lashes. I thought I'd stir stuff up a bit and I decided to give lash stiletto a try after seeing a commercial for it (damn those advertising execs!). I have been using it for a few days now with very good results. I LOVE the brush. I'm so used to the thick, fatty-boom-batty brushes that volumizing formulas often come with. Stiletto's brush hits every last lash and makes it sexy-long. I notice no "patent shine," but the product is black enough, and I've had no problems with clumping, or spidery looks.

The downside...after ingesting a few too many cocktails and sleeping on a friends couch, the next morning my face was covered in flaky, black specks. I would imagine this would not pose a problem if removed before passing out.

Bottom line: I'd buy it again. It is a decent product at an awesome price.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I think this is a pretty good mascara. When I first got it, I was a bit underwhelmed, but now it's really growing on me. It lengthens amazingly, gives a bit of volume, no clumping, no flaking, no smudging. It's imperative that you apply your second coat while the first coat is still wet otherwise you get horrible clumps and you'll have to start from scratch which is always a pain. The smell is actually very nice. I love that it doesn't smell like makeup or chemicals. It smells like roses and lilacs to me. Very similar to my Korres Wild Rose Foundation scent actually. But if you don't like your makeup having a scent, pass this one up. This mascara is also quite long-wearing while keeping my lashes flexible and curled. Not many mascaras can do that. My lashes look naturally amazing all day long until I wash it off with my cleanser. No need for makeup remover here. Comes off really easily and there's absolutely no stinging.

All in all, I've come to love this mascara. This just shows that a drugstore mascara can be comparable to high end mascaras.

on 7/3/2009 2:19:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

this is my favorite mascara!
i've tried every mascara out there high end and drug store. Diorshow used to be my favorite but then i found this mascara.
i have short "asian" lashes, which are considered straight. I use this mascara with my shisheido mascara base, and my eyelashes are super long. I love it. I recommend this product if you're looking for super long lashes.

on 7/2/2009 2:11:00 AM

Floral smell to it? No claimed "shine, or patent shine"
BUT.. catches eye lashes amazing and gives false lash effect. Not build-able, if applied too much; can leave lashes looking "spidery"

on 7/1/2009 6:56:00 PM

This is a fabulous mascara! It really does catch every single lash. It makes my lashes look long and shiny. It does not clump and it does not smudge. I even apply it to my bottom lashes - not one smudge, during the entire day!
The brush is made to quickly and easily apply this mascara. You only need one coat. TRY THIS ONE!!

Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure

For me it did do what it claims which is lengthens your lashes. But it doesn't give it any volume to the point where it made it look like I had just a few long lashes. Glad I tried this product though, made me realize that my lashes are long enough and that I just need to stick with mascaras that will add volume. Will finish up this tube layered with a mascara for volume but won't repurchase.

on 6/30/2009 9:48:00 PM

The only time I found this product useful was when doubled over Maybellines Colossal Volume mascara. CV gave lots of plumb but not enough height, so Stiletto took care of that rather well. However on its own, I found it made a very sparse, weak looking mascara and had the unfortunate "spider effect". Useful when used over another mascara, but not dramatic enough for me to be used solo.

***reading other reviews, I didn't find it smelt at all...and yes, what the heck is this "Patent leather shine" business? It dries flat like every other mascara out there :P

on 6/29/2009 10:09:00 AM

Sure this smelled pretty bad, and I think it cost me about $7, but that doesn't bug me because it lengthened my eyelashes by 3x easily. I have brown/blond eyelashes that are pretty long already, but when I used this it made them amazingly long. It does smell really bad dry, but I couldn't smell it when it was dry. As for clumping, I know how to not make mascara clump so I didn't find it clumped. If you apply a coat then wait it doesn't clump at all. I found it held curl very well if you curl your lashes before use, or not at all.

Will buy again.