August 30, 2014 | 1791 users online

Mascara - Maybelline - Lash Stiletto

rated 5 of 5 on 6/24/2009 8:40:00 PM More reviews by MarianCan

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Well,after reading all the bad reviews on here,I just HAD to try this mascara and you know what?I LOVE it!!!It gave me nice clean looking lashes:)Not clumpy,or stuck together.I reach up and touch my lashes after putting this mascara on and they felt wonderful!!This stuff did not flake,smudge and did not weigh my lashes down.I was pleasantly surprised:)And I will buy this product again.Just goes to show you cant believe everything you read.All I can say is..you should try it for yourself,as everybodys lashes are different.Good luck!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/24/2009 3:22:00 PM More reviews by ShesDeadlyPoison

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love this mascara. I can understand why so many people dislike it though. I personally, have very thick lashes naturally, but they're short and straight. This mascara was amazing to me. I've bought so many tubes of mascara from Sephora of all these different brands, but in the end, I use mascara so quickly that I'm not going to spend upwards of $20 every time I need a new one. For a really awesome look, I usually layer this onto the tips of my eyelashes after putting on Colossal Volume mascara. It doesn't look spidery, clumpy or gross. Just dramatic lashes.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/23/2009 10:27:00 AM More reviews by carriespooner

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I feel kind of bad because I cheated on MAC PLUSHLASH. I saw a picture on MUA's front page of a user wearing Lash Stiletto and it looked awesome.

I'm seriously addicted to Plushlash but it has it's own 'LOOK' of big thick babydoll fringe. Stiletto is in another category.

I got one at Walgreens with a BOGO so it was free with another mascara.. that's a good price. lol

I like the brush quite a bit. It's good for getting into the tiny lashes for definition. I used it alone with no primer and it was just ok on me. I need a little more volume. However.. I think I'd use this to do the tips of my lashes when I use Plushlash.

I will say that I never looked spidery or clumpy with Lash Stiletto. The formula did not flake off (I'm talking to you, CHANEL). So I'll give it a thumbs up.

I did not have any contact irritation and it came off easily with my Mac wipes.

I'd like to try this one with Prep and Prime lash primer or over a fiber base just to see if I can get some volume.

I*'m not going to give it a bad rating because it's not the perfect fit for me. I think it's worth a try especially if you can get a BOGO!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/22/2009 3:09:00 PM More reviews by deerybee

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Usually, I wouldn't buy Maybelline mascaras, but I got this in a swap. It is amazing. It lengthens my lashes incredibly without looking thick or clumpy. Just a couple coats will make your lashes look naturally long and beautiful. Love!!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/22/2009 12:08:00 PM More reviews by NATASCIA22

I am a mascara junkie.. I have to have attention drawn to my eyes.. it's just an obsession i have... I will go through a million mascaras before i settle.. I am the type of girl who loves having a dramatic look to my eyes.. like glamourous.. you know ,... the false lash look... and i feel this product does just that.. I used to be a lash blast consumer, but this lash stiletto.. has my heart..lol.. seriously.. i have short lashes that are barely noticable.. and when i put this stuff on BAM... instant gorgeous.. instant fantasy... I just wish my natural lashes looked this good.. when i where this mascara .. I feel sexy... i love it... the smell isn't all that bad.. from what ive read in other reviews.. and i am pregant... so my nose is easily offended... BUY THIS PRODUct... I passed it up for so long becuase of other peoples reviews... but i finally gave in and bought it.. when i saw another girl wearing it and i had to know what she was wearing... LASh Stilletto.... :)

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 6/21/2009 1:29:00 AM More reviews by missymarissa

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I like it because it really does lengthen, which is what I'm after anyway.. I'm not a huge fan of, for me anyway, thick, volumized lashes. On me it totally looks like I'm after the Tammy Faye Baker look (which can be fun occasionally..) I just like to have long, darkened, slightly curled lashes which is what this mascara acheives.
UPDATE: Actually I take all that back, this mascara sucks! Very un-natural looking. I hate it!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/20/2009 5:56:00 PM More reviews by astrid101359

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is a good mascara for lengthening the lashes but does not thicken. I have naturally long lashes and this is a good enhancer for them; I will say that it takes about 3-4 coats to see any results at all. I will use it up but will not repurchase; not because it is a bad mascara but because there are other even cheaper ones that do the trick in less coats.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 6/19/2009 7:27:00 PM More reviews by Lexx13

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

I absolutely *loathe* this mascara.
Yes, it lengthens, but not any more than Maybelline XXL, or L'oreal telescopic(->which I highly recommend over this!).
The main reason I hate this, is the spike factor. I'm sorry, but I don't find spiky pin thin lashes attractive at all, no matter how long they look.
To get any amount of volume, you definitely need to use more than 3 coats, which then leads to clumping.
Now here's the kicker: I wore this yesterday, and 3 hours after I had applied it there were flakes all under my eyes.
I cleaned it up, and 1/2 hour later there were more. Awful formula. Smells kinda funny like colossal.
If you only want length, and no volume whatsoever, then get this mascara.
Otherwise, don't waste the money.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/18/2009 10:19:00 PM More reviews by SSR

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This mascara does more in the lengthening department than the thickening. If you want long lashes this is it. If you want length and volume try a volumizing mascara. This delivers the length as promised. I would buy this again for days when I want more length than volume. If you are wondering if I use more that one mascara the answer is yes. There are too many good ones out there so I must.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/18/2009 7:40:00 PM More reviews by BlackBirdFly

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

I like this mascara a lot but I definitely wouldn't use it all by itself. It doesn't thicken my lashes at all and by itself it looks very odd on my lashes. However, it definitely makes my lashes look longer so I use one coat of CoverGirl's Lash Blast to make my lashes thicker and able to hold a curl better then I use one coat of Lash Stiletto just on the ends on the outter part of my eye to make my lashes have that sort of winged effect. I absolutely love the look it gives when used that way. Since I only use it that little bit it should last me quite a long time and I won't mind repurchasing when I eventually run out. Not too great on it's own (which is why I gave it only a 3) but paired with a good thickening mascara it is amazing.