BeneFit Cosmetics HOOLA

4.1

on 1/15/2008 9:13:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

I bought this a while ago and ditched it in favor of Mac bronzing powder in golden. However, after doing a clear out, I rediscovered it and decided to give it a whirl. This is not the type of bronzer that you can use on your cheeks like a blusher. It make them look muddy. I find the best thing to do with this, is use big brush (i use mac 150, and it fits in the box fine) pat off the excess and sweep lightly all over the face. If you do it this way, you'll end up with a subtle hint of color. I actually quite like the box, I know there isn't a mirror in it or anything, but its a bit different to other make-up packaging. Overall, I'd buy this again but I do think its a bit on the pricey side (like most Benefit stuff) :-)

on 1/15/2008 3:40:00 AM

This just did not work at all. I must have been out of my mind when I bought this.

It was too dark and too matte for my skin, which is fair. It also didn't blend at all. No matter how light a hand I used, it looked like I had just rubbed my face in dirt.

On the upside: I love Benefit's packaging. Also, the brush it comes with is actually useable, which is a rarity, even with more expensive products.

on 1/7/2008 11:45:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

I bought this because I tried my friend's and I was looking for a bronzer and I liked it when I tried it. It's good for oily skin because it doesn't have the added shimmer and my skin gives a natural shimmer later on. I have naturally tan skin and this looks good on tan skin, but in the winter I've gotten paler and now it doesn't look as natural; it actually makes my skin look muddy and uneven! The packaging while cute it annoying since I don't like the brush that it comes with and the deep box which makes application a bit annoying. Also, is it just me and the one I got, but I really don't like the smell of the bronzer or the cardboard or whatever the heck it is. It smells bad. I'm not going to repurchase because it's a bit pricey for what it is and it smells horrible.

on 1/3/2008 8:24:00 AM

I really love the whole idea of hoola and the colour in the pan is the perfect bronze. However, my skin is way too fair to just apply it like I would dandelion. However, I can get it to work if I take a large blusher brush and tap off a lot of the excess powder and dust lightly on my cheeks.Its a nice bronze because its not orangy like so many other bronzers are. This one is a browny, glowy one and it can work with lighter skin tones, just be really careful and apply it in natural light. Also, I would recommend ditching the brush that it comes with as it gives a streaky look.

**edit**OOOO So I tried this lightly with dandelion on top and I love love love!!!Made my fair skin look so healthy!!!!

I was hoping this would be the bronzer I was looking for, but unfortunately, on my fair skin, it does look abit much. I had fake tan on last week, and i made the mistake of putting it on after moon beam, so it clung to it, and it did look a tad too dark, but it seemed to blend in so maybe i just wasnt used to seeing myself look so dark. I will probably use it more, and may take the advice of mixing it with dandelion.

on 12/28/2007 1:00:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I'm Medium tone skin:
I like this product, it gives you a nice tan look, Sometimes it can be too dark or not shimmery so if you mix it with Dandelion its much better, mixing with Georgia just gives a shimmer but doesn't dilute the darkness as well as dandelion.

The only reason why I wouldn't buy this again, is that it really really really Last Forever! so there's not an opporunity to buy it again, Also I dont use it often, only on days when i want that extra glow.

I dont know if it'll lead to clogged pores to contribute to breakouts. I have acne-prone skin so I can never tell if its due to this or just me.
I'd recommend getting the "palletes" so it'll be a smaller sample size and you'll get more items, like eye shadow and lip color with it. The box by itself really will last forever.

on 12/16/2007 5:54:00 PM

I have no doubt that this looks beautiful on some people, its got no shimmer, is a lovely colour and texture, but no matter how lightly I apply and blend - it looks unnatural on my fair skin. give it a try if your skin isnt fair! Im sure you will love it.

I am a huge fan of Hoola, I've actually been using it for a couple of years now. I've constantly tried to find a cheaper alternative but the colour is unbelievably beautiful, there is no orangey pigment its just pure beautiful bronze. As much as I would love to save cash I can't live without this product.

on 12/7/2007 6:31:00 PM

I am very pale and look like death if I dont have some color on.I have tried every bronzer there is out there and settled with estee lauder bronze goddess and one day I saw my friend and she was just glowing she looked sooo beautiful and asked her what she had one and she told me hoola , we went out and bought it because I was in love with and it was my first Benefit product and have probably around 20 of their products since then, they are great products and fun packaging too. I feel like a celebirty when I have hoola on with my other Benefit products.I use a big fluffy brush to apply instead of the little one they give you because a little really goes a long way with my Dallas blush to go over it.

on 12/6/2007 2:03:00 PM

I love Benefit simply bc of the names and packaging, so girly and cute! This is a really good bronzer, but with my fair complexion, unless I'm pretty tan, I have to have a very light hand with it...it requires a big fluffy brush. But it lasts a long time and is not orangey. Yipee.

Popular Bronzers