Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturizing Gel

3.8

INGREDIENTS: Water (Aqua Purificata) Purified, Dimethicone, Isododecane, Butylene Glycol, Bis-Peg-18 Methylether Dimethyl Silane, Glycerin, Laminaria Saccharina Extract, Saccharomyces Lysate Extract, Cucumis Sativus (Cucumber) Fruit Extract, Hordeum Vulgare (Barley) Extract, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seedcake, Caffeine, Trehalose, Sodium Hyaluronate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria), Polysilicone-11, Silica, Propylene Glycol Dicaprate, Oleth-10, Laureth-23, Laureth-4, Ammonium Acryloyldimethyltaurate/vp Copolymer, Carbomer, Tromethamine, Disodium-Edta, Phenoxyethanol, Yellow 5, Red 4, Yellow 6

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Other, Coarse

I have tried this in samples and have liked it. I was dettered by the SA to get moisture surge instead of tihs because it was better for my skin. I think that moisture surge, although intially I loved it is about equivalent to this maybe just a bit heavier. This just provides an adequare amount of refreshing moisture. the lotion makes me breakout, so I use the gel even though I am skin type 2. I prefer this gel and you get so much more at a lower price then you do for the moisture surge. If you have to pick, get this, or get the spray of moisture surge and this...I will update again if I find anything faulty in it!

I usually try not to wear lotion because my face gets so oily quickly, but this gel hydrates and makes my face feel soft without leaving the oily stickiness that most lotions do.

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

I am a loyal clinique skin care user for many years. I use the oily bar soap and the alcohol free toner (since my skin became sensitive with age). But I have to say, I made a point to never ue this when my skin is already broken out in the least bc this moisturizer just exasterbates that. I have tried this on and off for as long as i have used the skin care (many years lets just say). But it seems something always kept me away... I used is again yesterday morning and it was for the last time. My skin was PERFECT and acne free but I needed moisturization. I was home all day and just wanted to test it one last time. My skin felt so oily all day. At night as I went to wash it, my skin had developerd acne everywhere which it should not have (I even used clean and clear spot treatment to prevent that). ON top of that, could not have been caused by make up as, again, i did not go out all day (it was New Years day). This makes my skin look ugly by giving me elarged pores (which I never have), acne and dull and washed out color. So I do NOT recommend this for people with oily skin or this product line for anyone in thir 30's as this does not give you a youthful look at all but makes you look older.

I live in a very umidy weather (Brazil - guess that says it all, since it's tropical) and have oily skin with lots of tendency to break out, although my acne is controlled since a long time. This moisturizer it's the only one that I have ever tried (and, believe me, I have tried LOTS of different ones! From high end to drugstore brands) that makes my skin feel baby smooth, doesn't clog my pores, doesn't make me any oily and still has a nice price for what it does and the amount of product you get. Never got even one pimple because of it. The packaging, as most of Clinique ones, its nice, to the point and with no messy. One and a half pump covers my whole face and the neck area. The only way i can think of to make it better is if it comes with a nice spf protection. Also, it doesn't make my face shine and lasts a looong time :) The tube that i'm using i have since july/2009, i use it every day, twice a day, and i still have 1/3 of it!

This moisturizer really does moisturize without making my skin oily.
The only con I can find about this product is that after I put it on though I notice my redness is more noticeable.
I also wish it came with SPF but I would definitely repurchase it.

I absolutely LOVE this moisturizer. It provides the perfect moisturization that my skin needs during the summer months. I have pretty oily/combo skin and am currently incorporating a retinol serum to help combat my breakouts but because the use of a retinol, my skin is often flakey + oily. This definitely helps with the irritation associated with retinol usage. It does not aggravate my acne-prone skin and leaves a silky matte finish which is perfect during the summer months. However, during the winter months here in Canada, it's just not enough. I would definitely continue using this product regardless of the season but i would have to layer with a more emollient lotion during the winter. I am also slightly disappointed in the nourishing aspect of this gel...if only they have incorporated more skin loving ingredients..I still love it regardless.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

This is a great basic moisturizer. I have been using this for about three years and I love it. I usually apply about two pumps under my sunscreen in the morning. I usually use an acne treatment gel at night but if my skin feels really dry or I used a mask-I apply this moisturizer. It has never broken me out or irritated my skin. It's so simple but I love it. I try not to use a lot of harsh chemicals on my face so this is perfect.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Using this moisturizer has left my skin feeling soft, smooth and matte. It sinks into my skin easily, giving just the right amount of moisture for my very oily skin. I use this with the clarifying lotion 3, and the pair has definitely made my skin look better with less breakouts, smaller pores, and just overall smoother skin texture. I don't believe it controls oil (i don't think there's anything in this world that can), but since its very light, its made my skin less oily as compared to when i was using other moisturizers. I'm giving it a 4 because of the packaging, it has a nice pump but it doesn't get all the product out. I believe the price is reasonable for the amount of product that you get. Overall, i really like this, it's perfect for light hydration for my very oily skin.

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium

GREAT product. love this gel and you only need a teeensy bit to rub all over your face!

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

Though the price is steep, it lasts for at least 3 months for me with morning/night application. It's perfect for my skin (which gets a little tight without lotion, and flaky in the winter) since it's very light and absorbent. My only complaint is that it doesn't include sunscreen for its price, but it never makes my skin shiny or break out. Buy the packaging with the pump so that you don't introduce bacteria into the lotion every time you use it.

Edit: I used this in my late teens and once I found out about cheaper and better moisturizers, I have not repurchased. Why? It is too expensive for something so basic and is not a miracle for my skin now. Recently my skin needs a bit more care and this stuff doesn't exactly have magical alpaca tears in its ingredients to justify the price point. The only reason I could afford it as a teenager was thanks to my mother. Good for young skin, not amazing for me in my 20s