November 26, 2014 | 1749 users online

Moisturizers - Clinique - Dramatically Different Moisturizing Gel

rated 2 of 5 on 6/12/2009 12:09:00 AM More reviews by CaraC

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I really, really wanted this to work for me, but sadly it made me break out on my cheeks and I NEVER break out there.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/9/2009 11:35:00 PM More reviews by candiipop

This moisturizer works very well for the oily skin on my T-zone. I apply this all over my forehead, nose, and cheeks and its just the perfect amount of moisture and it feels refreshing. The dramatically different moisturizing lotion, which is for dry skin, was too much for my oily skin and would feel greasy, but i use it around my mouth and chin area because my skin is dry there. I love that it has a pump because it is so convenient. I can dispense the precise amount easily, instead of dipping my fingers into a jar and getting product under my nails or squeezing too much out of a tube. Overall, I am very satisfied with this product.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/8/2009 9:45:00 AM More reviews by jedmo

There are definately better moisturisers out there, by clinique or other brands. This one is recommended by clinique over the DDM lotion for people with combination or oily skin, but it leaves your face a little shiny if you put even a tiny bit too much on which doesn't really help people with oily skin! Just too greasy for my liking especially considering that its meant to help people with that type of skin.
It is very expensive for what you pay for, although the sizing is good and the packaging is excellent I just LOVE the pump!

In terms of moisturising it does sink into your skin virtually straight away - IF youre face is squeaky clean. If not then it just sits on the top of your skin and you have to rub it in in ages for it to sink into your skin. It is a light texture that definately doesn't last long on your face. I feel like I need to reapply it atleast two or three times a day to keep my skin feeling soft.
In short I would look for a moisturiser with less grease, better texture and a better price!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/7/2009 4:40:00 PM More reviews by leendagrl

This is a really good summer moisturizer for my skin. im very oily with tons of dry patches, and it just doesnt moisturize enough for under foundation BUT, its fantastic wearing it alone, ingredients include dimethicone :) how great is that? definately repurchasing.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/7/2009 3:12:00 AM More reviews by 0heather0

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I am in love with Clinique for making this moisturizer.

Until now, I never found a moisturizer that didn't feel greasy, break me out and turn into an oil puddle on my face after fifteen minutes. (Oily and acne-prone people, you know what trouble moisturizers can be!)

This makes my skin feel like silk, is really soothing on the skin, sinks in right away and does not leave any sort of residue or shine at all. I used to always have a problem with not being able to wear moisturizer under makeup because my skin would get so shiny that I literally had puddles of liquid in the crevices of my face that I had to blot off all the time. Dramatically Different Gel actually works amazingly as a primer for foundation (I never have caking issues anymore), helps my makeup stay on and makes it look very smooth, and usually one blot halfway through the day is enough when I wear this under my powder foundation (instead of blotting every half an hour as I would without this moisturizer). This moisturizer totally gets rid of my dry flakes from retin-A and acne treatments, but if you have really dry skin this may not be heavy enough. I would recommend this to any combination/oily/acne-prone person.

The pump bottle is perfect; the packaging is sophisticated and clean. It's so hard to find pump-style packaging--Clinique does it right.

This is an absolute staple for me and I would buy it a hundred times over (I probably will!).

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/30/2009 5:49:00 PM More reviews by rickisyed

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

THIS IS THE BEST MOISTURIZER HANDS DOWN! HG. I dont say HG alot but my god this product is my miracle! this is the only non-irritating cooling gel moisturizer for my fickle acne prone very oily yet sensitive skin. It does not break me out. It leaves me a lil oily at the end of the day- but I use blotting sheets- so problem solved. I use proactiv 3 step system, and then I use this moisturizer, this keeps me skin supple soft, my skin drinks this up. When I wear this all over the face it soothes me and not to mention this acts as de-puffer for my undereyes in the morning because this contains Caffeine as one of the ingredients. HG! HG! HG! I have been using this on and off for 2 yrs, its the only moisturizer I come back too. I dont find this to be an anti-aging product ever since I have been using this my pores are less pronounced.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/26/2009 2:59:00 PM More reviews by skm68

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Love it love it!!!! My BFF bought this for me (like three bottles). I used to use the lotion when I was younger and my skin was dryer but now that my skini has change I have found tha this is a lot lighter and does not cause me to look shiny throughout the day or breakout.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/26/2009 10:27:00 AM More reviews by pupster

Love this, I think this is the best moisturizer out there for any skin type, it feels so fresh and soft and does not aggravate breakouts. Also for the price you get a lot of product in a pump bottle that is easy to use and the tube is handy for travel.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/24/2009 4:20:00 AM More reviews by chengahyi

i have the whole set, but only the gel works for me. i dont think u can say alot about this product becuz im sure there are many better ones out there. would continue to buy this until i find my hg moisturizer!!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/23/2009 11:36:00 AM More reviews by missjanesmith

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I love this moisturizer.

I don't have very oily skin but found the lotion version too greasy for me. I've recently starting on roaccutane and my skin is quite dry and sensitive but this does not irritate it at all.

It goes on nice and soft and soaks in nicely without me having to really rub it in (unlike the lotion version). I like the pump. Its hygenic and two pumps is plenty to cover my face and neck. A little goes a really long way and it lasts for ages. I think although its not cheap, for 125ml its worth the price as it lasts forever.

I would definitely re-purchase.

** EDIT **

I still like this product. By not having a fragrance it is gentle enough to use on very sensitive days (like on your nose during a bad cold or when you've caught the sun). I came back to this and used with the Turnaround Concentrate and my skin was lovely (soft, smooth ...) but after about 2 weeks I had very dry skin and flakes. I went back to my beloved Elemis and the flakes went away in a day. Strange since the DDML was far too greasy and this is a bit too drying. Maybe it just doesn't suit me, but it's a shame as this is such good value for money at 125ml for under 30 :-(