Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturizing Gel

3.8

INGREDIENTS: Water (Aqua Purificata) Purified, Dimethicone, Isododecane, Butylene Glycol, Bis-Peg-18 Methylether Dimethyl Silane, Glycerin, Laminaria Saccharina Extract, Saccharomyces Lysate Extract, Cucumis Sativus (Cucumber) Fruit Extract, Hordeum Vulgare (Barley) Extract, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seedcake, Caffeine, Trehalose, Sodium Hyaluronate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria), Polysilicone-11, Silica, Propylene Glycol Dicaprate, Oleth-10, Laureth-23, Laureth-4, Ammonium Acryloyldimethyltaurate/vp Copolymer, Carbomer, Tromethamine, Disodium-Edta, Phenoxyethanol, Yellow 5, Red 4, Yellow 6

on 8/15/2009 10:24:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

This is my go-to moisturizer for those days/nights when I'm not using a specialized moisturizer. (Such as my SPF moisturizer or my retinol night cream.)

It has no sunscreen or treatment ingredients. It is just a straightforward, non-greasy moisturizer.

I like it much better than the Dramatically Different Moisturizing Lotion. The lotion formula caused an acne breakout, but the gel formula didn't.

The gel (which actually feels like a watery lotion) sinks right into my skin and moisturizes very well. It gets rid of tightness or flakiness without feeling heavy.

Like I said, it's not my main moisturizer but I like to keep it around for those days when I need something simple to hydrate my skin.

on 8/14/2009 4:18:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I LOVE IT! If you have super super dry skin, this is not the product for you. But if you have like one spot of dry skin just use a different moisturizer for that one spot. But this is really good if you skin is not too dry but its oily. It gives you a pretty shine, not a sick greasy look :)
So I put this all over my face after I shower then I put a different lotion on the dry spot on my skin and its perfect!

on 8/13/2009 4:29:00 AM

This is a very basic moisturizer that is adequate for summer (June - early Sept). It keeps my skin soft and moisturized but never oily. Hence, it's perfect to wear under sunscreen and under makeup.

on 8/12/2009 12:05:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

I have naturally oily skin, but for some reason I have the Dramatically Different Moisturizing Lotion. I don't think the Gel was out at the time when I bought my first bottle of lotion, but regardless, the Lotion is a little heavy for me. It makes my skin feel glossy and shiny. Not a good look for the naturally oily..

I received a sample size of this Gel after purchasing a few products from Clinique. I loved it so much that I rationed the poor little guy out to try to make it last longer! Love it under makeup, as it doesn't make me look greasy. It's so refreshing and light on my skin.

As soon as I run out of the Lotion (cannot justify wasting it and am using it as an intensive moisturizer and at night) then I'll be buying the full size Gel.

Honestly, I cannot begin to express how good this made my skin feel. I love it, and it is defiantly my HG moisturizer. Would consider the Derma White Brightening Gel, because I have patchy South Asian skin in places, but the price tag is hefty in comparison.

Good:
Excellent consistency, clean feeling, melts into the skin.
Has no heavy smell, just smells fresh.
Love the pump bottle. Nice and hygienic and pumps out the right amount for me to use. (Based on experience with Lotion version)
Doesn't make oily skin oilier.
Lasts for a long, long time.

Bad:
Quite pricey at Ģ27.00 for 125ml

on 8/12/2009 3:22:00 AM

This is a great light-weight moisturizer for all you combination-oily skin girls! I've been through a couple of bottles of this stuff and I really love it. It's light-weight but it still does a great job moisturizing my dry skin, while balancing out my oily t-zone. The scent is minimal, but is still quite pleasant and adds to the light-weightedness of this product. I usually try to hit the CCO 's for a better deal, this stuff isn't really cheap but not ridiculously expensive at the same time.Definitely recommend it!

on 8/11/2009 5:51:00 PM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

EDIT: okay, I'm really liking this product! I think that for those who want immediate results, this is not for you. But if you've been using this product for as long as me (a few years), you'll find that it does help the skin. I wouldn't say it's HG, but it's pretty great! Not a big fan of the price still ($31 CAD!), but it lasts a while.

------------------------------

I have pretty dry skin and hate the oily feeling of some moisturizers, and this one was ok for me. It was lightweight, which is ideal for the summer, and it absorbs pretty fast into the skin. However, I found that it didn't moisturize enough sometimes. On days where I had really dry skin, this moisturizer wasn't enough. Overall it's pretty decent and the price is not over the top expensive. However, I would recommend that if you have really dry skin, to either try the lotion version or use a thicker moisturizer.

on 8/7/2009 4:20:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I like this moisturizer, not gonna lie. It doesn't break me out, it doesn't smell gross, it leaves light moisture (good for summer). It's not bad.
This doesn't make the flaky skin that pops up around my mouth in wintertime go away though. It won't heal dry skin, since its thin and not super moisturizing. However, I can't complain because it doesn't need to-thats what exfoliants and moisturizing creams are for. For an everyday moisturizer, it works and that's all I'm concerned about.
Sure, its pricey, but I'd buy it again at GWP time.

on 8/7/2009 11:09:00 AM

I love this moisturizing gel!

My skin is oily even though I am 44 yrs old. Also acne-prone. Fine lines only.

This is one great purely moisturizing gel, especially during the summer! It feels nice on my face as though I am getting a pure shot of moisture in my skin.

What is weird is I donīt like DDM lotion at all! Go figure!

on 8/4/2009 12:51:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral

I love this product! and i just recently noticed it. at first my mom bought this for her oily skin and it came with her regime pack. but she doesn't use it anymore so i decided to try out the new moisturizer since i don't like mines. and it's pretty good. i don't have oily skin but then it doesn't dry out my skin. it absorbs really quick and it makes my skin feel super super soft. I've been using this for 3 months and it's only 1/3 of a way done. the dispenser is good, one pump and it dispenses the perfect ammount for me. I love this moisturizer. and will keep using it along with my daily regime.

on 7/29/2009 5:34:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I just finished Accutane treatment about half a year ago. During the treatment, my skin was not oily at all (I originally have very oily skin). But a few months after the treatment ended, my skin started to produce oil again, meanwhile, it's summer time so my face gets really oily. Af first I was searching for oil-controlling / mattifying products but they only made my face "feel dry & look shiny". Then I learned that if the skin is not well moisturized, it produces more oil. So I turned to this light, gel moisturizer and it provides just enough moisture that my super oily face needs. It doesn't mattify my skin nor have any oil-controlling effect but my skin feel softer and doesn't feel tight/dry while looking shiny anymore.