Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturizing Gel

3.8

INGREDIENTS: Water (Aqua Purificata) Purified, Dimethicone, Isododecane, Butylene Glycol, Bis-Peg-18 Methylether Dimethyl Silane, Glycerin, Laminaria Saccharina Extract, Saccharomyces Lysate Extract, Cucumis Sativus (Cucumber) Fruit Extract, Hordeum Vulgare (Barley) Extract, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seedcake, Caffeine, Trehalose, Sodium Hyaluronate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria), Polysilicone-11, Silica, Propylene Glycol Dicaprate, Oleth-10, Laureth-23, Laureth-4, Ammonium Acryloyldimethyltaurate/vp Copolymer, Carbomer, Tromethamine, Disodium-Edta, Phenoxyethanol, Yellow 5, Red 4, Yellow 6

on 9/25/2009 2:12:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

I love this mostrizer! The fisrt time I got it I boght the min tube (with the mini 3 step systme) just to try it out and it lasted me a few mothes (coz u only need a Nickle size for ur hole face) it was awsome it did not couse me to get acne wich I get relly fast. And it's great for makeup it makes it go on more smother and stay on longer . Also it leve my skin veryyyyyy soft. I diff recommend it for every one!!!!!! P.s this is my 2end bottel this time I got the big one the when with the pump (I think the pump was a smart idea!)

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Fine

I have oily, sensitive, acne prone skin... Basically my skin is a delicately controlled disaster. I've used the lotion and it just feels too heavy and thick; I can almost feel it clogging my pores, but the gel is very light, I use it under my sunscreen and it doesn't make my face too shiny (although a mid-afternoon blot is necessary). If you need a moisturizer but hate that heavy feeling then this would a great option to try out. Just go to a Clinique counter and ask for a sample.

Edit: My derm. told me to stop using this because it was causing me to break out. She said that if you don't have acne it would be a great moisturizer, but that my skin needed a moisturizer that be working to make my skin better. She recommended Cera-Ve in the tub. It's about $15 for a giant tub.

on 9/21/2009 12:52:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

This is my current daily moisturizer. It's great because it's oil-free and doesn't flake/peel off of my skin like almost every other oil free moisturizer does. It absorbs into my skin quickly. This is definitely the best out of any moisturizer I've ever tried. The only negative thing about this product is that it's not moisturizing enough for me. Although my skin is naturally oily, I have extremely acne-prone skin so I use harsh acne products including products with benzoyl peroxide (the active ingredient in proactiv) and minocycline anti-biotic pills, which dry out my skin like crazy. I can't use anything with oil because it'll break me out.That being said, this is still the best moisturizer I've found, and I doubt I'll find an oil-free moisturizer that's better then this one. This would be the perfect product for anyone who's skin isn't as complicated as mine, so I definitely recommend it.

on 9/20/2009 2:33:00 AM

I purchased this DDMG a couple of weeks ago. At first I loved the way it felt lightweight on the skin and I do believe it is great for VERY OILY skin. This product made my skin feel very tight and not moisturized at all. I am going to stick with my Neutrogena oil free moisturizer. I love it better than this one. However, both of these products do not have SPF in them--that's something I'm looking for. I'd like a moisturizer that will of course moisturize...keep shine to a minimum--not completely dry...lightweight...noncomedogenic or I guess acnegenic and with SPF. The Neutrogena one I use has all of these criteria but not the SPF.

on 9/20/2009 12:04:00 AM

I love this moisturizer!!! It doesn't make me break out, and it's perfect for my sensitive skin. I was going through a bad stage with my acne, and since I've started using this, my skin has looked and felt so much better. My HG moisturizer definitely!

on 9/16/2009 1:13:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

I got this in a kit from Sephora and have used it for a few months over the summer.

I have oily skin all over and this lightweight moisturizer is just enough for my skin.

Because I'm now using skincare products with more natural ingredients, I've switched to The Body Shop's Tea Tree Lotion, but I would probably purchase Clinique's Dramatically Different Moisturizing Gel again.

on 9/10/2009 9:24:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This is a pretty good product, quite effective for oily skin. It doesn't cause any break-outs or clogged pores. I didn't notice any less oil on my face, but this lightweight lotion leaves my skin feel hydrated and healthy.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I bought it because I felt disappointed on my last moisturizer.

This one make it even worse. After 2 weeks, it makes my skin break out, some acne shows up on my chin and cheek, and it's very oily, clog my pores. I don't using it anymore.

on 9/9/2009 3:18:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

I have really oily skin. After the first use I notice a significant difference. Before I would have to blot throughout day and with this product I blotted maybe once.( I moisturize everywhere except my nose, because this area is naturally oily.)

on 9/9/2009 2:39:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I was underwhelmed by this. I think it's all the "herbal" ingredients in it that my skin doesn't like. The DDML is pretty simple in ingredients and I find it more soothing even though my skin is drastically combo (bone dry eczema in some places to oily acne prone in others). I can go to the DDML when I'm having eczema or dryness from acne meds and it will moisturize and not cause further flare. The gel however is just "eh", it leaves my dry skin needing moisture yet shines/greases up the oilier parts of my face. I use the lotion at night, I might give this another try before dumping it. I like Clinique's facial products but this one just doesn't do it for my skins needs. The price is decent for a moisturizer even in the large size because you don't need much.