December 21, 2014 | 1282 users online

Moisturizers - Clinique - Dramatically Different Moisturizing Gel

rated 5 of 5 on 6/27/2009 10:52:00 AM More reviews by Chole28

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I have really oily skin (in the summer especially) and this definitely helped control the oil. However, I have noticed that my face still looks a little shiny in the T-Zone (I use oil blotting sheets to eliminate the rest of the oil). The product is absolutely fantastic in how it does not clog my pores. I have been using it for about a month and I have not broken out from it yet...

I will definitely buy this again and I would definitely recommend it to people with sensitive, oily, and acne-prone skin.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/27/2009 12:09:00 AM More reviews by SteffStarrr

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I'm just going to say that if Clinique products don't generally work for you, this won't either. Clinique skincare is my HG and so is this moisturizer. It moisturizes my super oily skin perfectly and leaves it really soft and doesn't make my skin greasy :) Sometimes in the winter I need a little bit more, but in every other season this is perfect

rated 3 of 5 on 6/24/2009 11:35:00 PM More reviews by helenexox

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a nice gel. It is way too light for when my dry skin is having an outburst.. but it's just fine for everyday use. It's nice and fresh feeling and I know that it would probably work very nicely with girls with oily skin, so try this out if you're one of those kind of skin types! Hahaha see! Dry skinned girls can still sympathize with oily skinned ones!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/24/2009 11:28:00 PM More reviews by Skytenshi

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is actually one of the few moisturisers that work on my oily, acne prone skin without contributing to excessive oil production on my face. It's a simple product that works well. The only two things that I don't like about it are 1) when I wash my face at the end of my day, I can feel myself washing this stuff off; and 2) it is not moisturising enough in winter (and I'm too lazy to have different products for the different seasons).

Anyway, I'm close to finishing my first bottle but won't be buying this again. I've found that Aveeno Skin Relief Moisturisng Lotion works great on my face in both summer and winter (see my review on this!).

rated 3 of 5 on 6/18/2009 11:14:00 PM More reviews by nkereina

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I bought this product on accident. Meant to get the lotion and got the gel. I ended up liking it better. It's a little watery but it absorbs a lot quicker than any lotion and doesn't leave a greasy feeling or a shiny look. I use it twice a day and don't have any problems with my skin being too oily or too dry. I buy the travel sizes from Sephora and they last me a while with how much I use it.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/18/2009 10:48:00 PM More reviews by melly927

Didn't really like the product. I don't know what about it. It just didn't work for me. Read tons and tons of great reviews about the product but too bad, it doesn't work for me...

rated 2 of 5 on 6/12/2009 12:09:00 AM More reviews by CaraC

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I really, really wanted this to work for me, but sadly it made me break out on my cheeks and I NEVER break out there.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/9/2009 11:35:00 PM More reviews by candiipop

This moisturizer works very well for the oily skin on my T-zone. I apply this all over my forehead, nose, and cheeks and its just the perfect amount of moisture and it feels refreshing. The dramatically different moisturizing lotion, which is for dry skin, was too much for my oily skin and would feel greasy, but i use it around my mouth and chin area because my skin is dry there. I love that it has a pump because it is so convenient. I can dispense the precise amount easily, instead of dipping my fingers into a jar and getting product under my nails or squeezing too much out of a tube. Overall, I am very satisfied with this product.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/8/2009 9:45:00 AM More reviews by jedmo

There are definately better moisturisers out there, by clinique or other brands. This one is recommended by clinique over the DDM lotion for people with combination or oily skin, but it leaves your face a little shiny if you put even a tiny bit too much on which doesn't really help people with oily skin! Just too greasy for my liking especially considering that its meant to help people with that type of skin.
It is very expensive for what you pay for, although the sizing is good and the packaging is excellent I just LOVE the pump!

In terms of moisturising it does sink into your skin virtually straight away - IF youre face is squeaky clean. If not then it just sits on the top of your skin and you have to rub it in in ages for it to sink into your skin. It is a light texture that definately doesn't last long on your face. I feel like I need to reapply it atleast two or three times a day to keep my skin feeling soft.
In short I would look for a moisturiser with less grease, better texture and a better price!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/7/2009 4:40:00 PM More reviews by leendagrl

This is a really good summer moisturizer for my skin. im very oily with tons of dry patches, and it just doesnt moisturize enough for under foundation BUT, its fantastic wearing it alone, ingredients include dimethicone :) how great is that? definately repurchasing.