Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturizing Gel

3.8

INGREDIENTS: Water (Aqua Purificata) Purified, Dimethicone, Isododecane, Butylene Glycol, Bis-Peg-18 Methylether Dimethyl Silane, Glycerin, Laminaria Saccharina Extract, Saccharomyces Lysate Extract, Cucumis Sativus (Cucumber) Fruit Extract, Hordeum Vulgare (Barley) Extract, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seedcake, Caffeine, Trehalose, Sodium Hyaluronate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria), Polysilicone-11, Silica, Propylene Glycol Dicaprate, Oleth-10, Laureth-23, Laureth-4, Ammonium Acryloyldimethyltaurate/vp Copolymer, Carbomer, Tromethamine, Disodium-Edta, Phenoxyethanol, Yellow 5, Red 4, Yellow 6

on 7/29/2009 5:34:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I just finished Accutane treatment about half a year ago. During the treatment, my skin was not oily at all (I originally have very oily skin). But a few months after the treatment ended, my skin started to produce oil again, meanwhile, it's summer time so my face gets really oily. Af first I was searching for oil-controlling / mattifying products but they only made my face "feel dry & look shiny". Then I learned that if the skin is not well moisturized, it produces more oil. So I turned to this light, gel moisturizer and it provides just enough moisture that my super oily face needs. It doesn't mattify my skin nor have any oil-controlling effect but my skin feel softer and doesn't feel tight/dry while looking shiny anymore.

on 7/29/2009 7:04:00 AM

I've used this for a while, and I think I'm in denial about clinique skin care....
I have oily skin and this is "formulated" for oily skin but I seem to be oily after.
It does moisturize though.

on 7/27/2009 11:45:00 AM

This is an AMAZING moisturizer, and those who don't agree are mostly people who aren't even targeted to use this product. If you are dry skin, you've come to the wrong place. The Dramatically Different Moisturizing Gel is specifically designed for oily skin types to reduce the amount of oil. (Dry skinned : Try the Dramatically Different Moisturizing LOTION.) And I've gotta say, this definetely made me look less greasier than before. I love it. My only con... The formula smells a bit like glue, which sickens me in the tiniest bit. But it's not enough to knock off a lippie. :) Hooray !

on 7/27/2009 11:28:00 AM

This moisturizing is the BEST I've ever used for my oily skin. All the bad reviews on here are coming from people with dry skin. This is for combination/oily skin duh!

on 7/27/2009 10:58:00 AM

One of the best moisturizers I've used for my acne-prone oily skin. This is the only one that doesn't make my face shiny but moisturizes it. I've accepted a long time ago that my face sometimes has some dry spots that I treat differently, so I put a few dots of some richer cream on those tiny spots but that's comepletely ok with me. In my country it's quite expensive (more than I'm used to paying for a moisturizer). I also want to try the super rescue antioxidant for dry/combi skin for the drier months. Although that's even more expensive.

on 7/24/2009 9:04:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This is what happens when you let sales associates recommend products for you! (At least that's been my experience with a lot of skin care recs, especially at Clinique counters.) For Clinique, oily skin means it needs tons of alcohol, and this product has that effect. Although my skin is combination, and my forehead and chin get a bit oily, I am very prone to getting flakes and I need a bit of moisture or my skin feels tight. This gel dried out my skin, and I had to use another moisturizer on top, which totally defeats the purpose of using this in the first place. Also, it made my skin look really shiny, and I would prefer that it had an SPF 15, but I could get over that if this was a good moisturizer. This doesn't moisturize at all, and there's definitely nothing dramatically different about it.

on 7/24/2009 11:20:00 AM

I hate it when people buy a product that's not even aimed for their skin type and rate it low because it doesnt do what they want it to do, it's a product not a magic potion to work for everyone. If you have dry skin, stop reading right now. This is for ones with oily or combination skin only, simply because it's very light and it's a gel.
Now, I gotta say I LOVE this gel, it's prefect for my combo/oily skin for summer. I might have to switch to something else in the winter but this is PERFECT for me right now. It says it's fragrance free but it smells so nice (not perfumy at all, just nice). And it does moisturize my skin without making it more shiny or oily. I am never loyal to one product for long time but this will be one of those I will go back and forth with just because it WORKS! and it's cheap for what you get compare to other department store brands. I'm totally in LOVE!!!!
I actually use the 3 step but not the ones they sell you in a package for your skin type. The one for my skin type would dry me out. You can't punish your skin for being oily or it will rebel!!! I made my own system by mixing and matching: I use the Clarifying MILD toner and the Mild liquid soap (not extra mild though that's too much for oily skin, and the one for oilies is too drying). I swear this keeps me moisturized without breakouts or overdrying my skin. I LOVE Clinique and I will keep buying.

on 7/22/2009 6:09:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

In short, this gel keeps my oily skin at bay and still able to moisturize my skin in summers. I really like this moisturizer. I may need to use something more moisturizing in winters. Anyways, with the reasonable price tag and the quality of this moisturizer. This one is a keeper!

Updates on 6/22/2010 - I stopped using this moisturizer for couple of months now. My face was getting too dry. I have switched to Moisture Surge, which is more moisturizing than this gel.

on 7/22/2009 1:05:00 PM

I like this product! For my combination skin it's very good, only it's a bit expensive :)

on 7/21/2009 10:42:00 PM

I like that this is a gel. Even though it looks like lotion...One pump is enough so it takes awhile to get through the bottle. It absorbs quickly and is ok for my oily skin. I would probably recommend it.