October 26, 2014 | 1000 users online

Moisturizers - Clinique - Dramatically Different Moisturizing Gel

rated 5 of 5 on 5/22/2009 9:00:00 AM More reviews by ninacom

I started with my clinique-history with the 3-step cleansers, for type 2, and it was horrible, the toner dried and irritated my skin and the DDMLotion was a comedogen oli-bomb for my face. After reading the ingredients, i was not surprised. I switched the lotion with the gel, and after a while I stopped using the soap ant toner too, but kept the Gel.

I use every time my skin gets dehydrated, as a 'first-aid' moisturizer, or as an under-treatment/ under-sunscreen/ under-foundation moisturizer.
I think it's not hydrating enough to be a simple moisturizer, (or not at least for my very dehydrated, but combination skin - maybe for oily, but less dehydrated skin) but it's a very good complementary moisturizer.
(it's a shame that in my country it's so expensive - more than 50usd/pump bottle)

rated 5 of 5 on 5/8/2009 3:40:00 PM More reviews by Daniela1985

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

This has worked really good for me. It has improve my skin and it looks nice under foundation. I have a somewhat oily t-zone, but this helps me to control shine and makes my pores less evident. To be honest, some days I need extra-moisture on the outer side of my cheeks and forehead, but that's the whole purpose for moisturizer samples you get from Lancome or others brands, isn't? :P

rated 5 of 5 on 5/5/2009 8:24:00 AM More reviews by windchijmes

I've been using this for about a year now and I love it. I have oily, acne-prone skin and I live in the tropical region and so face heat and humidity everyday.

This is a no-frills basic moisturiser, which is perfect for me because I need something light on the skin, yet moisturising. It does not irritate my skin as well. I also appreciate the fact that this moisturiser does not contain fragrance, and that it comes in a neat tube or a pump bottle, depending on the amount.

However, people with drier skin or living in colder climates may not find this moisturising enough.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/5/2009 1:16:00 AM More reviews by junomacguff

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

This is a nice alternative to the lotion now that my skin is a bit oilier. I have rosacea and this doesn't irritate my skin at all. I use it morning and night after my Clinique Extra Mild bar soap. Keeps my skin hydrated but not shiny. Highly recommended!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/5/2009 1:11:00 AM More reviews by Kalandra25

I use this to prep my face for my moisturizer. I love how quickly the gel absorbs and if I'm feeling praticually oily I just use this and no other moisturizer.
Clinique says this is for skin types 3(combination oily) and 4 (oily) I use there acne wash and toner than this. (I am a skin type 2 according to their tests but am acne prone.
The lotion was too greasy for me but the gel is just right.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/4/2009 12:03:00 AM More reviews by cupcakebabe

well i purchased this moisturizer and I can say that you can prime your face for your makeup i have combination skin so i dont apply it on my nose because my natural oils just take over and m t-zone just gets greasy

rated 2 of 5 on 5/3/2009 11:45:00 PM More reviews by Noddi

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Curly, Other Eyes: Blue

i just learned that this is designed to be a product that primes your skin for proper moisturizing. I cant say this is true of course, but it would fit with the number of reviews that say the moisturizing effects leave much to be desired.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/3/2009 10:39:00 PM More reviews by evange

I dont know why they cal it moisturizing.... because it's not.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/3/2009 12:41:00 PM More reviews by laceylogan

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I love this product so much more than DDML, it seems like it absorbs better and doesn't leave me feeling greasy! I have always used Clinique Skincare and I use this in addition to my Clinique Acne Solutions Cleanser/Toner. The one thing I am not crazy about is the pump, it is very inconsistent in the amount of product it dispenses..other than that I love it for my combination skin!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/3/2009 12:19:00 PM More reviews by lilmisssunshine

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I like this so much than the DDM Lotion!!! this is quickly absorbed, light weight, and feels so comfy after I wear it after my toner!