July 23, 2014 | 2003 users online

Mascara - Clinique - High Impact Mascara

rated 5 of 5 on 3/25/2008 8:30:00 AM More reviews by andshescreams

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I got this as a trial size a while ago and I love it. I'm currently trying to get my hands on it again, as I'm all out. It's by far my favorite mascara I've come across.
I love the double brush. And I love the texture of the mascara, I think it's just the right consistency to not make my lashes clumpy. I've found a lot of people are iffy about comb brushes, but you need to make sure you don't just take the comb out and run it through your lashes... the mascara gathers too much inbetween the teeth of the comb. What I do is I take the comb and I run it along the rim of the top (like a string on a violin). It works great.
Overall, I love that there's a regular brush and a comb. I really love this mascara and it makes my lashes look fantastic!

rated 3 of 5 on 3/24/2008 1:09:00 PM More reviews by royal_bee17

I got the sample sized version of this, and it's all right. The first time I used it it was a huge mess! But now I think I've gotten the hang of it. The comb does not work at all for me. It has to much mascara on it and it causes it to clump so I just use the normal brush side,and it gives good length. I wouldn't buy it again because of the double side of the brush. It's kind of like my Diorshow UNLIMITED which did not work for me AT ALL! I used this mascara with and without a eyelash curler,and strangely, my eyelashes look longer when I didn't use the eyelash curler. I wouldn't by this product again but it's worth a shot.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/24/2008 9:10:00 AM More reviews by Margol85

I found this mascara to flake a lot when I put it on, so whenever I looked in the mirror throughout the day I would have black speck around my eyes! Also, it's very hard to remove and I had to use the Clinique oil-based eye makeup remover..regular oil-free ones just didn't do the job.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/23/2008 7:11:00 PM More reviews by mwebba1

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

My go to mascara. I like that it comes off easily with soap and water and it gives me a lot of volume. Really dark. My eyes look so sexy in this. I have diorshow blackout, and this I would say is better. You get fullness and blackness. I think this mascara is really underrated.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/19/2008 10:24:00 PM More reviews by noisylove

I initially tried the high impact mascara after receiving it as a GWP and loooved it, so naturally, I purchased a tube.

Pros
01 black is a very rich, deep color
can lengthen or volumize depending upon how you apply
easy to apply and rarely clumps

Cons
flakes
too wet when brand new - makes application difficult
doesn't hold curl very well

While I'm still on my quest for the "perfect" mascara, high impact mascara will tide me over until I totally fall in love with something.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/19/2008 10:18:00 AM More reviews by pupster

Previously did not like this, but I have had an old tube, either that or they have reformulated it. Tried in a GWP and ended up buying the full size. This is a volumizing mascara, really builds up big long lashes, all I do in the am is curl and apply two coats and my eyes look really wide awake. Removes pretty easily and haven't experienced any of the smudging others have had problems with. I don't have oily skin so that may be why. This compares to Lancome's Hypnose which I also like, but Clinique's is $10 less.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/15/2008 9:07:00 PM More reviews by lvlover23

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Hazel

Gives my eyelashes a really nice length, but no volume. Brush is very good, mascara goes on smoothly with no clumps.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/14/2008 2:15:00 PM More reviews by angels2919

This is a great mascara, very dramatic look to make your eyes stand out. This is my backup mascara so to speak because I love their new Lash Power mascara. This is a great mascara also though!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/10/2008 4:15:00 PM More reviews by katmu1

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I use this as my everyday mascara in black/brown. I apply to uppers only after applying the Clinique lash primer. On my lashes this combo gives me really nice length, without needing to comb after. No clumps. It is easy to remove when I wash my face with cleansing oil at night. Thus far, it has not irritated my lashes the way mascara sometimes can. It seems to hold the curl that my lashes have naturally. My only wish is that it was more of a true brown. I have a before and after pic with this product in my profile. A definite repurchase for me.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/9/2008 12:58:00 PM More reviews by jinnzor

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I got a smaller size of this mascara with a Clinique gift set. I usually use Clinique High Definition Lashes which I love. I don't love this quite as much. It gives decent volume, but doesn't lengthen as well as High Definition. It doesn't smudge and it hasn't irritated my eyes (I wear contact lenses), but it does have a tendency to clumb a bit. I don't like the brush. It's too big and it makes it difficult to apply mascara to all my lashes.

Me: Moderately fair skin (MAC NC 20-25), blue eyes, light brown hair.