December 19, 2014 | 1505 users online

Foundations - Make Up For Ever - HD High Definition Foundation

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/8/2011 8:04:00 AM More reviews by raspberrysorceress

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I really like this foundation, but I can't get past the fact that their lightest skin-shade 110 is considerably too dark and too pink on me. If there was a lighter, more neutral shade, this would be SO much better. This foundation leaves your skin looking flawless and it photographs so beautifully - your skin looking luminous and infallible. It blends seamlessly into the skin, and what I love most is that it's so lightweight yet it conceals imperfections so discreetly that you're left wondering how on earth it does it! It's not heavy whatsoever, yet it's extremely natural looking. It stays on the skin for a good length of time and requires minimal touch ups throughout. Living in Australia, I had to purchase this online which was a bit annoying. Bring MUFE here, please!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/6/2011 11:20:00 PM More reviews by ashergill

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I ended up getting another foundation of course it wasn't needed but winter is coming around and though I love my nars sheer matte I wanted something a little thicker to test out. Getting matched is always a pain in the butt I was matched to 5 shades before so I was really hoping the mua at sephora today was different and could find my match easily and she did first swipe and I was set. I am a golden olive color year around and was matched to 153 golden honey. The foundation sinks into the skin and without any primer my face was flawless for 6 hours little if any oil. MUFE is the perfect foundation for pictures gives the impression of flawless skin and I think I am going to hold on to this for the rest of the season.

update: this is most definitely my hg foundation! I wore this today with primer and it lasted me a good 10+ hr day and you wouldn't believe how many people commented on my face today from telling me "there's something different can't put my finger on it but you look prettier than normal" to picky girls who never compliment telling me how great my makeup looked and asking what product I used to give me that luminous glow. If you find your match in this foundation get it! I don't use more than a tiny squeeze on my finger that I apply with a brush and it covers my face. I have a 2 faded acne scars on my chin and 2 on my left cheek and with one swipe they vanish albeit temporarily lol. I also have combination skin that is somewhat sensitive I was worried this might break me out but it hasn't and I don't think it will either =). Finally the search is over!!

**update2
Ive had this for probably a year nearly or so and in terms of color this is the most perfect match ive come across in my neverending search for the perfect foundation. However, the formula is no longer to my liking its drying and emphasizes dry patches or at least it does for my skin during the winter months.I am looking for another foundation that can give me this color but provide a dewy sheen.*fingers crossed* for tom ford..

rated 1 of 5 on 10/5/2011 11:40:00 PM More reviews by janetchan216

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

After the ladies at the counter gave me and my 2 friends a makeover, we each bought a primer and a bottle of this foundation, which came to $100+!!! It's a HUGE amount of money for university students, so it hurt even more to find out after wearing it a handful of times that this foundation breaks me out a lot by the end of the day.

It looked so flawless when the lady put it on my face. All of our reactions was "Wow~~!!" when we saw each other having the foundation applied. The coverage was quite heavy I find, and it was a bit too pink for my skin tone.

But guess what? All 3 of us stopped using this foundation after a few applications! If only I can write a review for 3! Not to mention we all have different skin types but all have the same reactions. I tried to give it to my cousin who has similar skin tone, but she wasn't so sure. My friend tried to give it to her mom, but her mom didn't like it either!

rated 3 of 5 on 10/4/2011 2:39:00 PM More reviews by kisstheradio

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I used this foundation for a few months, and while I liked the natural look it gave me, I ended up switching to something else because HD foundation just didn't last on me. It would slip and slide over time on my oily skin, and it didn't wear very well. In addition, I feel like this is a very light coverage foundation, and typically, I like something with a little more coverage. It's unlikely that I'll buy this again (especially considering the price here in Canada).

rated 3 of 5 on 10/4/2011 10:49:00 AM More reviews by pinkclover

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

Just wanted to comment about some of the people using this foundation and experiencing breakouts. I wanted to try MUFE HD Foundation but sadly won't be purchasing because it contains sodium chloride which rates a 5, the highest level for being comedogenic. It took me a long time to figure out that this was a culprit in other foundations/tinted moisturizers ( and a lot of other products) I have used and made me break out. One of my favorites was Tarte Smooth Operator. I used this for a few years but was always bothered by pimples here and there, finally after going to zerozits.com to check ingredients I realized sodium chloride could be the problem. Sure enough my skin cleared after I stopped using Smooth Operator. I now use Laura Mercier TM and although it's not HG, I don't get pimples from it. Apparently some acne sufferers can use this w/o any issues but I know this ingredient aggravates my skin and wanted to let others know in case they have a reaction from it.

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 9/29/2011 10:50:00 PM More reviews by tepandoro

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Brown

This foundation is legendary for me as it made my acne scar-filled face look flawless on the day of my engagement party. I will definitely be using this for my wedding too :) I'm an NC25-30 and I got this in the shade 102. Suited me whether I'm a 25 or 30 because it has a very natural finish, it does not leave a white cast on the skin.

It does not cover ALL scars perfectly. Dark-reddish scars are not that flawlessly concealed, I had to use my Bobbi Brown concealer to conceal all that. But the texture and consistency of the foundation is just perfect for me. I have very dry skin, and this foundation provided enough moisture and made my face look dewy. My face was glowing in all pictures, and I was just aghast (in a good way!).

This foundation does not reflect light, which is why I would use this in ALL big events that I'm going to be attending. Picture-perfect skin stars with this foundation (and the primer!).

BTW, my engagement party was held in Indonesia where it's super hot and humid, and I only had touch it up by lightly brushing MUFE's Duo Mat powder over my face. I only touched up once during the event of about 6 hours. So it lasted pretty long for me :) I didn't even use a setting spray!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/28/2011 4:30:00 AM More reviews by KatieDruitt

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This just feels like silk...AMAZING. I have been a MV+ fan for a long time. Bought the HD at Sydney IMATS...wow...what have I been missing out on!

Works much much better with the HD or Too Faced Primers and applied with a brush and not fingers. The colour match (#120) is perfect for me and fades my freckles to nothing. If only it would last till the end of the work day on my chin...but nothing ever does that!

I am in love! (Sorry hubby)

Please bring MUF to SYDNEY!!!

rated 3 of 5 on 9/27/2011 10:34:00 PM More reviews by mileanxhela

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have used this foundation for a week now. I gave it a shot after I heard about all the raves....There was a wide range of colors which was nice since it is hard for me to find a good color match for my skin and I like the pump, packaging. I do like the fact that it is light and can look natural. .....This is where all of the positive things I have to say about this foundation stops. I have been scrubbing my face frequently this week just to make this foundation work for me, but it just doesn't. I don't like the consistency; it has this thin consistency like a tinted moisterizer. It does cover, but it exsentuates every pore and dry spot on my face even though I used my Hg scrub. After a few hours the foundation settles into my poors and it looks bad...so much for the oil-free properties! I really tried to like it, but I just can't. Every time I put it on I just want to wash it off. And it is so expensive..

rated 5 of 5 on 9/27/2011 6:52:00 PM More reviews by fallenstar8503

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is one of my favorite foundations. I used to use Lancome Color Ideal, but after they changed the formula, the color just didn't look the same. The foundation was either too orange or just too light, so I went to Sephora and was matched with one of these foundations. I really love the coverage of this foundation. If I feel like I need moderate coverage, I put it on my entire face. It covers my blemishes without being too cakey or heavy, and has lasting staying power. On days where I don't feel like I need all the coverage, I use it like a concealer and I love it. I've tried many different brands, but this is definitely my favorite. The color is perfect and coverage is great.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/27/2011 1:34:00 PM More reviews by EvaBenay

I have very finicky skin, and most foundations I've tried have clogged/ broken me out. I have very sensitive/ acne/ reaction prone skin, but with the right products my skin calms down and behaves like normal skin. I have some large pores n my cheeks, and lots of indented acne scars, as well as a little bit of active acne around TTOTM. I also have a few pigmentation spots from past acne.

This foundation evens out my skin tone and covers pigmentation/ active acne without a problem. I swear my skin tone and texture actually improve when I use this. It doesn't emphasize pores or indented acne scars, and it doesn't get cakey. I will probably buy this again because it's one of the few FDTNs my skin has no negative reaction to, and the coverage is beautiful. The only complaint I have about this product is that it makes my skin a little dull/ grey. It has absolutely no glow to it. I have found this problem with Matt Velvet FDTN as well, which my skin also likes. I will repurchase until I find something that doesn't irritate my sensitive/ reactive skin, but also gives me a glow.