Make Up For Ever HD High Definition Foundation [DISCONTINUED]

3.6

Aqua, Cyclopentasiloxane, Neopentyl Glycol Diethylhexanoate, Mica, talc, PEG-10 Dimenthicone, Biosaccharide Gum-1, Phenyl, Trimethicone, Sodium Chloride, Lauroyl Lysine, Dimenthicone Crosspolymer, Glyceryl Caprylate, Methylpropanediol, Butylene Glycol, Phenoxyethanol, Chlorphenesin, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Sodium Myristoyl Glutamate, Cyclohexacyloxane, Methylisothiazolinone, Sorbitan Sesquileate, Silver Oxide, Propylene, Carbonate, Parfum (fragrance), Methylparaben, Fagus Sylvatica Extract (Fagus Sylvatica Bud Extract), Hydrolyzed Yeast Protein, [+/- CI 77891 )titanium Dioxide), CI 77491 (Iron Oxides), CI 77499 (Iron Oxides).

on 1/8/2012 7:00:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

Pros:
- GREAT color selection. This is the first foundation I have found that actually fits my fair skin without being to pink
- Silky texture
- Good coverage
- Weightless on the skin

Cons:
- Expensive
- Not good for oily skin

I have combination skin that leans more dry in the winter (for reference) The first few hours of wear is amazing, my skin really does look flawless. After about 6 hours I do notice some shine on my nose and forehead, but nothing major. To me its not a big deal to just touch up with some powder, it fixes the problem. I don't feel like you get a dewy finish with this foundation initially, but definitely at the end of the day it appears more dewy. There are a lot of negative reviews, but that because this foundation will not be good if you have oily skin. Use a good primer, set with powder. If your unsure of how it will work for you, ask the SA at sephora to give you a free sample, that's what I did.

on 1/8/2012 2:00:00 PM

Not worth the money. Nice feel going on but doesn't look better on me that other foundations I have tried. No moist look on my dry face.

on 1/7/2012 6:11:00 PM

This was recommended my the SA at Sephora, and it hasn't worked well for me. My skin is combination, but tends toward dry. The texture and application of the foundation was great, and in the first 15 minutes after application it looked good. BUT it started to break apart on my skin after only about an hour - I have honestly never seen my skin look so oily! I don't know how this product does this, but it makes my skin look as greasy as a 17 year old kid working all day over a french fryer!
The product is buildable, which is nice, and they seem to have a good color selection (I'm usually pretty difficult to match). If this happens to work well with your skin type, I could see it being a nice product, but it definitely was not for me.

on 1/7/2012 3:19:00 PM

A good foundation, but nothing worth the hype. I love it because of the colour match and silky texture. However, the coverage and staying power are very weak for such a pricey foundation and - although the colour is quite right for me - it makes my skill dull and not healthy looking.

on 1/7/2012 9:07:00 AM

I love this stuff! Yes it's expensive, but I only use a tiny bit at a time so it lasts a good while. It gives my fair skin a much-needed boost by evening it out and giving it a soft glow. It's fine for every day use, but I especially love to use it when I'm going out.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

I think the consistency is really nice, but it has hardly any coverage (for me at least). Definitely not my favorite, especially for the price. I'm in the lightest color and I have a ton of rosacea on my cheeks. After I use this, I have to pile on the concealer. Not my favorite thing to do.

I love this product!! It gives me a flawless look even though I have a couple bumps on my forehead this foundation gave my skin a flawless glow even with the little bumps! It covers up redness good and you can chose whether you want more coverage with building or sheer coverage but even with the sheer coverage you still have that look to you. Such as my cheeks don't really break out and they are lighter than my forehead and chin so this evens out my skin tone and it leaves my cheeks super soft! This doesn't make me break out I have the perfect shade and it works great! Love this STUFF but it's expensive so BareEscentuals it is on a regular day.

on 1/5/2012 7:08:00 PM

This foundation looks great on my very dry skin when first applied; however, as soon as I add the MUFE powder it starts to look cakey and flakey dry. Also as many others have said it looks best when lightly applied, but I have a lot of freckles on my nose and when I try to lightly cover them up it doesn't work so well... I don't have any blemishes so not a problem there. It does give an even toned look which is a plus for me and I absolutely love the pump. it doesn't seem to last long on me at alll, it caused crazy blotchiness even when I use urban decay DEW ME setting spray, I can't imagine what it would look like if I didn't use a setting spray. I do have to say though about an hour after application skin looks flawless in photos! I use shade 145.

I have this in the shade 153. It has a really nice natural finish that is dewy without being oily. It applies really nicely with a stippling brush and this method gives me much more coverage than using a more traditional foundation brush

on 1/3/2012 9:22:00 PM

I have combination skin that can get very dry in the winter, but somehow this foundation ends up making my face very oily - especially so if I don't use a powder on top. I think this would be better for normal to dry skin.

That being said, this foundation provides a light/medium coverage and will look cakey if you try to build it to full coverage. I'm an NC25 in MAC and the shade #123 matches me best. It does come in a lot of other colors, which makes matching a lot easier.

Personally, I'm satisfied with the coverage this gives me and how natural it looks when applied properly. It hides minor imperfections like light acne scarring and some redness. Your skin doesn't look matte or dewy, but it has the sheen a bare face has - if that makes sense. Another plus, is that this doesn't break me out.

I find that it's best to apply this foundation with a damp sponge, because any other method seems to apply this too heavily and doesn't blend well enough.