September 2, 2014 | 1996 users online

Eye Primer - Too Faced - Shadow Insurance, Anti-Crease Eye Shadow Primer

rated 5 of 5 on 2/18/2010 9:49:00 AM More reviews by rrhoden05

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other Eyes: Blue

This stuff makes my eyeshadows last all day with no creasing and it is very easy to blend my eyeshadows over unlike some eye primers. I bought this after trying UDPP. UDPP creased immediately on me, I was fuming. Wished I would've tried this first, I could've saved my money.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/16/2010 6:36:00 AM More reviews by sisip123

HG eyeshadow primer for my oily asian eyelids. BETTER THAN UDPP and i'll tell you why. It lasts much longer - no creasing after a whole day in the hot weather. It does not have a sticky finish like UDPP which means its much easier to blend eyeshadows over the top of it. The packaging is better - there is no wand that gets dirty after many applications. I always though UDPP was the best thing ever but now i've found something even better.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/15/2010 1:20:00 AM More reviews by sarriinax3

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I really thought I was going to love this product. I heard many people say it was the same as UDPP just in better packaging, but it' not. After I used up my tube of the urban decay primer potion, I decided to give this a go since the depotting was a haste and it only lasted three months anyway. It has lasted FOREVER. That's one amazing thing about this stuff. I bought my tube back at the end of May, and I've used it every day since. I still have a ton left, and I gave a pretty significant sample to my friend. It makes my shadows last for about 6 hours, which is.. average. It doesn't make my shadows as vibrant as the urban decay either. Not my favorite, but usable.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/14/2010 4:49:00 PM More reviews by foreverlipgloss

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This stuff is the best!!!! Like everyone has stated...doesn't crease, shadows pop, and it doesn't come off till you take it off! And it is not expensive! My tube lasted me a year. Now mind you I only wear mu about 4 times a week. I am oily and this lasts and lasts!!!!! Love this stuff! Def. my HG!!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/14/2010 3:25:00 PM More reviews by mkim12313

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

OMG OMG OMG
SOOOO GOOD!!! this is my HG primer for eyeshadow. I was using the Urban decay primer potion, that everyone freaks out about. I just used it because it came with my beloved book of shadows volume 2. but honestly i never really liked it. it was really oily and creased. I think that these two, UDPP and TFSI are main competitors but I'm sorry for me TFSI wins hands down. it keep my makeup on forever and the blendability is amazing. and it also makes my normally dull-sih eye shadows pop with color. its like a tube of magic! i can't believe it. 5 lipsticks all the way! if you looooove makeup like me, i highly suggest this. i think that your eyeshadows deserve to be in tip top shape from day to night. otherwise, whats the point right?

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/14/2010 1:15:00 AM More reviews by aprilpinkbeauty

I read thousands of reviews on this product and UDPP trying to choose between the two. The packaging of UDPP turned me off so I got my friend to pick up TFSI up at a Sephora in the US. I'll be completely honest...I wasn't hopeful this would work for me. Even testing it out on my hand and noticing its kind of oily consistency I figured it would just make my eyelids worse.

***The most important thing to do with this product is to let it dry COMPLETELY before applying eyeshadow. If I don't let it dry it doesn't work for me.***

Overall, though...it makes my eyeshadow last much longer than no eye primer or other ones I've tried (smashbox, paint pots, etc). I noticed that it did make my eyeshadows brighter and made everything way more blend-able than without a primer. The tube is convenient and I like its smooth glide on consistency. I love using this on myself and I've gotten rave reviews from my clients as well for its staying power!

For some reason my skin gets used to products and it stops working so I switch back and forth between this and UDPP. My tube has gotten a little watery since purchasing it which is also annoying. I can't easily get my hands on Too Faced so I'll probably end up purchasing UDPP when I run out. But if I ever find myself in a store that carries Shadow Insurance I'll pick one up for my makeup gig case (I did say yes to repurchasing).

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/12/2010 6:12:00 PM More reviews by ascopes

this product does work HOWEVER, you can use a variety of things as primer. MAC paints and paintpots work well as a primer (they're also cheaper and have more product). You can also just use concealer on your eyelids...there is no need to use an expensive primer if it isn't necessary...

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/12/2010 2:25:00 PM More reviews by Hamstershell

This works as well as UDPP, but beats UDPP packaging anytime. It is very pricey, but I only need a tiny bit (like two poppy seed sized drops) to go over my lips. So the tube will last me a LONG time. Two thumbs up !!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/6/2010 8:58:00 PM More reviews by MichieKrum

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I was in love with UDPP until I tried Shadow Insurance. This not only makes my eye makeup stay and not crease, it really makes the colors pop! My shadow looks so much better and smoother!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/3/2010 7:02:00 PM More reviews by picklemesoftly

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

UDPP, move over! Shadow Insurance ensures that my eye shadow stays in place, without feeling dry, as was the case for me with UDPP. I like the small blue tube and I have no problem with dispensing the product - I use a brush to apply it onto my eyelids. I let this primer dry before applying eye shadow, and the drying process is very brief. Eye shadows are easy to work with over this primer - no flakes or uneven spots. I have no complaints.