July 23, 2014 | 1991 users online

Highlighters - BeneFit Cosmetics - High Beam

rated 4 of 5 on 3/5/2008 3:45:00 AM More reviews by essiegirl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

I had been waiting to try this out ever since a friend recommended it to me, saying it makes your face look nice and dewy. The price is steep for what you get (and for my budget) but I hear the bottle will last you a long time. Luckily I was able to pick up a bottle from the states rather than up here where I live, because it's a little more expensive.
As for the product, it is lovely. It does give you a dewy complexion and is a pretty highlighter. I don't know if it's just me and if I'm applying it wrong but there is quite a bit of shimmer to it. I probably need to be a bit more quicker in spreading it because it tends to dry quick and will leave streak marks on your face that show where you applied it.
I'm iffy on whether I like the nail polish applicator but I use a makeup sponge to spread it around.
The product will probably last me a long time so I couldn't see myself buying another one. The price is another factor. However, I'd say yes to buying it if it was a bit cheaper and because I enjoyed the product.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/4/2008 3:49:00 PM More reviews by ClassicBlackPumps

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Flawless highlighting of the cheekbones. I use this every single day over BeneTint and it makes me feel exceptionally pretty. The color makes my face feel like it has a soft glwo around it, and I can't help but pause when I catch my profile in the mirror. If there is one facial feature I'm proud of, it's my cheek bones, and High Beam only does more to enhance my mild bouts of vanity.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/25/2008 6:48:00 AM More reviews by irin

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This is my most favourite highlighter of all time. Anna Sui loose powder 002 used to be my favourite but the package was not practical at all and it faded away too soon. Benefit High Beam gives me the same result as Anna Sui 002 and stays all day. I've read a lot of reviewer complained about it's nail-polish applicator, however, I've found it very practical. I apply with the brush on my cheek bones, tip of nose, chin and forehead, dap a little bit and blend then I get a "pearlize" glow as I like.

FYI, I'm Asian, around NC25 dry and sensitive skin. I also use BB shimmer bricks, Laura Mercier's Shimmer bloc, Stila liquid illuminator, and Mac mineralized skin finish. High beam wins.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/22/2008 9:41:00 PM More reviews by BethanyBez

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I use high beam almost every day. It gives off a nice, long lasting shimmer that has a great rosy, opalescent quality that is very flattering. I use it on my brow and cheek bones, and I run a bit down the bridge of my nose. High beam is very long lasting because you just need a little teensy dab of it at a time.

Overall, I like the product a lot, but I think the packaging is ridiculous. It comes with a brush attached to the cap, which is completely useless unless you want to paint your nails with the stuff. I apply and blend with my fingers.

I also think the texture could be a little denser. It goes on sort of liquidy, and that makes it sort of difficult to blend.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/22/2008 9:34:00 PM More reviews by kyidmnmaiv

I LOVED this when I first got it. The color is lovely, the highlight it provides is perfect. But then I checked the ingredients list and realized it has comedogenic ingredients. Suddenly, I realized why I was getting zits on my eyelids. suck.

Does anyone know of a highlighter that ISN'T comedogenic?

rated 3 of 5 on 2/21/2008 5:17:00 PM More reviews by ness518

I really love the formulation - it's a beautiful color; perfect and can be used in so many ways. I put it on the inner or outer corners of my eyes to brighten them up when I look tired or put it on my cheeks sometimes...or I mix it with a concealer to hide any flaws. It doesn't make me break out when I use it on my face. One bottle COULD last forever since a little goes a long way. It is a little difficult to apply with the brush that it comes with in the bottle, so I use a cosmetic sponge.

One gripe:

The bottle...one would mistake this for nail polish if you weren't aware of it's actual use and fyi if said bottle happens to topple off of the sink... it will leave the worst sparkling mess of your life.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/19/2008 4:12:00 PM More reviews by badkitty82

I had really high expectations of this one when I got it as a present (they don't sell Benefit cosmetics in my country). I love illuminating/highlighter products. High Beam is a liquid shimmery pearly lotion in a pale pale pink color. It looks just like a nailpolish with the tiny wand and everything. Had me confused at first! The smell is not very pleasant, fake, plastic-like (while Dandelion smelled soo good). I dot HighBeam on my cheekbones, sometimes on my brow bones and right above my upper lip. I find it a little hard to blend, and the effect is not amazing. I think I prefer The Body Shop Glow Enhancer!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/17/2008 12:29:00 PM More reviews by icypeeches

This is a staple in my makeup collection. I get compliments on this all the time and people ask me what I'm wearing. Highbeam creates a soft pearly sheen on the cheekbones or anywhere you apply it.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/16/2008 9:24:00 PM More reviews by geminijinx

I am very fair skinned w/a reddish undertone, and have very dry skin (irish!). This made me feel opposite, like as if my skin wasn't dry. I used this as a highlighter on my cheekbones and around the eye, and it gives me a glow like no other. you would never know that i have dry skin. i love this stuff.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/15/2008 4:53:00 PM More reviews by kcappella

I noticed that for a period, my skin looked really dull after my daily makeup routine, although my face is actually extremely oily.

I don't know what I was thinking when I bought this. When I put it on, my face looks overly shiny, because that period passed over and the oil kicked back in.

3 lippies though because it probably works well for people who don't have oily skin.

Cute packaging though.