BeneFit Cosmetics High Beam

4.1

on 5/8/2008 7:49:00 PM

SO in love with High Beam. This highlighter just does wonders for the eye area. I put a little dab on the inner corner of the eyes, then from the outer brow to cheek bone i make a "C" shape with it in thin dotted strokes. Then I blend it outwards with the fingers. To avoid streaks you need to blend it in right away before it dries, which is why I work on one side of the face at a time. The result is a perfect dewy glow that looks equally as lovely outside during the day as it does at night. I just love the way the light bounces off of it--so pretty! A lot of shimmer in this, so it's best used sparingly.

Just a tiny bit of High Beam works magic. It's $24 at Sephora, but it's worth every penny. A little goes a LONG way and I see this little bottle lasting me a couple of years.

on 5/8/2008 4:13:00 PM

Everyone is raving about this product, but to me it's overpriced and I was disappointed with the result. It's a liquid product and not easy applying and you have to be very precise and careful with the amount you apply. I couldn't see any difference if I applied a small amount, and if I applied a tiny bit more it got too messy.
I much prefer the shimmery eye shadow type of highlighters for a fourth of the price!

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

I like this. I dont get much use for this, I dont really know what to do with it. I use it on my cheeks and on my cupids bow. I suppose it will get more use in the winter when I am not using my bronzers and stuff. But I like it, it will take me a while to go through a whole bottole

on 5/4/2008 6:28:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I really really wanted to love this after all the hype and good reviews on it. So I went and bought a bottle. I tried a little over my blusher, on my cheekbones and it was not noticeable, did nothing for my fair skin.

Then I tried adding a little more and it made my face look extremely greasy! Made my already oily face worse. It looked alright just after application. However, I took a look at myself again after 4 hours and I looked like an oil sleek with shiny cheeks.

I found that using a powder highlighter was more suitable than High Beam for my oily skin type.

on 5/2/2008 2:12:00 PM

I don't know why it took me so long to find this highlighter. It's incredible! It's very difficult to mess up using it. Just a little bit goes a long way, and if you put too much on, it's not that noticeable. It adds a natural dewy glow and slight slight shimmer. I use it on the top of my cheekbones up to my temples. Looks great!

on 4/24/2008 9:04:00 AM

Great product, adds radiance to any part of the face where it is applied. Looks great applied to cheek bones, just under the eye brow and also to the curve of the lips an inner cornerns of the eye. I bought this after I tried it in the realness of concealness pallete, definately money well spent!

on 4/23/2008 12:05:00 PM

I LOVE this highlighter. I am NC20 and find this pretty, dewy pink is so subtle and yet makes me go from tired to looking bright and healthy in one quick application. I use a small dab on the inner corners of my eyes and my cheekbones, sometimes I even use the tiniest of dabs on my cupids bow depending on what look I'm doing. It blends easily, lasts all day, and people tell me my skin looks really healthy, "glowing".

Cons: the packaging is very similar to a nail polish, which I am not too fond off because I feel like I'm wasting product. It's also a bit expensive at $24 for 0.45 oz, but I would still purchase again. High Beam is so natural and would look complimentary on most skin tones, from fair to dark.

on 4/19/2008 8:22:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

overall, it is great. the pinkish shimmer looks fatastic on my face, and I always have people ask me why my skin is so glowing. the only part I dont really like that much is the bottle, its like a nail color bottle, and the brush really doesnt work as easy as a concealer brush. the produt is one of those must haves.

on 4/18/2008 5:43:00 AM

I don't know what to make about this product. I think it is the packaging which turns me off added to the fact that i am so pale and unused to wearing foundation even, that it looked anti natural on. Very pretty on the back of my hand though!!

on 4/15/2008 8:18:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse

This is a fun product to use. I like the nail polish bottle style packaging - different and cute. High Beam is a great highlighter that's easy to blend in with your fingers, leaving a soft glow. My one concern is that on the back of the bottle there is the symbol for how long the product will stay good after opening and it's only six months. I doubt I'll be able to use up the bottle that quickly.. Strange, because most similar cosmetics are good for twice as long. Still, I would probably repurchase.

Video Reviews & Tutorials